/* */

PDA

View Full Version : American Empire is finished.

mustafaisb
06-15-2009, 04:49 PM
:sl: http://www.truthdig.com/report/page2...e_is_bankrupt/ :w:

It was inevitable.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mustafaisb
06-29-2009, 05:01 PM
:sl: :bump1::w:

mohsen1985
06-29-2009, 05:26 PM
Everything in the universe tends to balance itself, even power, they can't expect to stay a super powerforever.

GuestFellow
06-29-2009, 05:48 PM
Well I had a feeling this was going to happen. Not surprised.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AntiKarateKid
06-29-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm pretty sure this didn't jsut happen today. Granted America is deep in debt but I think the latter part of the atricle is jsut a bit sensational. I mean that stuff isn't happening today, tomorrow, or next week. Maybe in a few decades, at that magnitude at least.

Anywways... I need to get in and out of med school before this happens lol.

Khalil_Allah
06-29-2009, 06:00 PM
lol yea!

Really, we're all just sitting around waiting for this. We all know it is coming, but no one here will talk about it and no one wants to believe it.

its like looking at the weather radar and watching this massive hurricane coming right at your city from 500 miles away. You go outside and it's all sunny and the birds are singing, but you can't really enjoy it because you know what is coming.

I hope the part about the tiny oligarchs silencing the minority and whatnot... i hope that's not true. Maybe we'll all move to Canada :p

The_Prince
06-29-2009, 07:17 PM
well, we shouldnt gloat over this, okay, america will fall, but what does that mean for the Muslim nation? rather than looking out for America or any nation falling, we should look at ourselves and fix our own Ummah.

and lets be honest, if america fell apart Muslim nations would suffer alot as well because most Muslim nations are heavily dependent on the U.S. when it comes to technology, econamic trade, aid, etc etc.

mustafaisb
06-29-2009, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
well, we shouldnt gloat over this, okay, america will fall, but what does that mean for the Muslim nation? rather than looking out for America or any nation falling, we should look at ourselves and fix our own Ummah.

and lets be honest, if america fell apart Muslim nations would suffer alot as well because most Muslim nations are heavily dependent on the U.S. when it comes to technology, econamic trade, aid, etc etc.
:sl: No! How many muslims have died in Iraq and Afghanistan
I highly recommend that everyone at least read 2 out of the 3 articles that I will post. On Obama Torture and War. http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/...your_applause/

War is Sin http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/...01_war_is_sin/

How war destroys empires http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/...permanent_war/ He is an excellent writer, I encourage everyone to read his previous essays. :w:

Tony
06-29-2009, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khalil_Allah
lol yea!

Really, we're all just sitting around waiting for this. We all know it is coming, but no one here will talk about it and no one wants to believe it.

its like looking at the weather radar and watching this massive hurricane coming right at your city from 500 miles away. You go outside and it's all sunny and the birds are singing, but you can't really enjoy it because you know what is coming.

I hope the part about the tiny oligarchs silencing the minority and whatnot... i hope that's not true. Maybe we'll all move to Canada :p
all usa could live at yanals place

Khalil_Allah
06-29-2009, 08:25 PM
man, that author hedges has a really really honest perspective on things. hes right, but subhanaAllah it is so sad. We are really a "permanent war" nation.

lol fighting for democracy. i got a new signature now...

Zafran
06-29-2009, 08:56 PM
salaam

America seems to need to keep going to wars - to keep up the standard of living for the population. Not realy fighting for democracy (tell the iranins if they believe that) - its all about resources.

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 09:04 PM
:sl:

Yeah lets barge into a 14 year olds house. Well Canada is starting to worsen to,I know because I live there too.

:w:

Tony
06-29-2009, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Hakim

Yeah lets barge into a 14 year olds house. Well Canada is starting to worsen to,I know because I live there too.

no we will leave barging into a 14 yr olds house to israeli troops

Amadeus85
06-29-2009, 09:13 PM
What other future can have country built on enlightmen philosophic and masonic fundaments. USA had effective history but since their forefathers (Bejnamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson etc) chose secularism, influences of such revolutionists like Voltaire and Montesquieu, the history is this country will be short and ongoing revolution. There is no one stable thing in this country, maybe except a Constitution which like all human made constitutions is just a piece of paper.

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Israel troops in Canada? Isn't that suppose to be vice versa?

Iwant2no2
06-29-2009, 09:32 PM
If the United States fails, most the world will suffer *just as much or even more. What some say that is inevitable' is seen in only the eyes of the ones who want to believe in the destruction of the USA.

I believe that a country with over 304 million people can not fail, without taking most of the world with it. So we all should better pray for America and it's people, and the rest of the world too.

Anyway there's way to much propaganda out there on Internet land for me to believe that the USA will fail, fall, or whatever. We can't just read anything online and believe it, OR can we? I can't, I am much more than that.... :)

Zafran
06-29-2009, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iwant2no2
If the United States fails, most the world will suffer *just as much or even more. What some say that is inevitable' is seen in only the eyes of the ones who want to believe in the destruction of the USA.

I believe that a country with over 304 million people can not fail, without taking most of the world with it. So we all should better pray for America and it's people, and the rest of the world too.

Anyway there's way to much propaganda out there on Internet land for me to believe that the USA will fail, fall, or whatever. We can't just read anything online and believe it, OR can we? I can't, I am much more than that.... :)
Like all empres - when they go down - they create a ripple effect - most of the time creating power vacums that get filled up by other powers.

The rich will be badly effective - the poor will surivive as usual.

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 09:54 PM

If you cant handle them bring them down. If that is the case Obama is smart for seeking help from other leaders so if his country does fall he will have support. USA provides China,Canada and UK business that are known and many others that are not known but it will call much stress and be distriputive to all countries,insh'Allah that will not happen.

GuestFellow
06-29-2009, 09:56 PM
As long as there is no more wars, I'm happy. I don't think America Empire will come crashing down so soon. I'm sure other countries may have taken reasonable precautions to avoid being affected by American's downfall.

Even America would have realised this. They will too take precautions and try to reduce the damage.

Zafran
06-29-2009, 10:09 PM
Its not over yet - and it doesnt seem likely anyway.

Iwant2no2
06-29-2009, 10:21 PM
Zafran...

I feel that America has many uncritical lovers or unloving critics, it's People like that' that are the failer, not the country. The news medias are one of the worst critics any country could ever have. Internet is the other one, and people who believe everything they read is another. {which is the saddest}. I believe that all human minds can go far beyond the reality of anything, said, or written, but also have the ability to justify their own logical minds in reason...

Do you believe in prayer Zafran? If all this propaganda is real and true, we better be praying.

Oh yes.. United States, USA, or America) is a federal constitutional republic, not an Empire.

Zafran
06-29-2009, 10:34 PM
Zafran...

I feel that America has many uncritical lovers or unloving critics, it's People like that' that are the failer, not the country. The news medias are one of the worst critics any country could ever have. Internet is the other one, and people who believe everything they read is another. {which is the saddest}. I believe that all human minds can go far beyond the reality of anything, said, or written, but also have the ability to justify their own logical minds in reason...

Do you believe in prayer Zafran? If all this propaganda is real and true, we better be praying.

Oh yes.. United States, USA, or America) is a federal constitutional republic, not an Empire.
Its an empire alright

You have militery bases all over the middle east and you've taken a lot of governments out to forcefully if need be - Its well known that the US is an empire.

I will pray for the good american people - not the people that are driving the american empire to an end like the Neo cons in america.

The news medias are one of the worst critics any country could ever have
The Uks media is better - you have Fox news for goodness sake - thats as bias as Press TV.

Iwant2no2
06-29-2009, 10:57 PM
Zafran...

Empire's are peoples or ethnic groups that are ruled either by a Monarch (Emperor, or Empress) or an Oligarchy. America and most of the rest of the world has gone way beyond these types of rulers. The word Empire is an "Old World" Latin word.

It is true that America is a federal constitutional republic, not an Empire.

Oh yes, and I don't live in the USA, so I don't have military bases anywhere. :)

Zafran
06-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Zafran...

Empire's are peoples or ethnic groups that are ruled either by a Monarch (Emperor, or Empress) or an Oligarchy. America and most of the rest of the world has gone way beyond these types of rulers. The word Empire is an "Old World" Latin word.

It is true that America is a federal constitutional republic, not an Empire.

Oh yes, and I don't live in the USA, so I don't have military bases anywhere. :)
Thats a norraw way to to define empire - actually its false way to define empire - Its true that america is an an empire :) that how it acts - If you dont listen to america You get whacked thats what happend to Saddam Hussien.

Empres are not only ran by Monarchs or an Oligachy - they can be led by any systems - Today its ran by america - once it was ran by a Roman Republic - the form of government is realy irrelevent.

Did america become an empire by choice or accident? thats the real question.

Zafran
06-29-2009, 11:06 PM
"The United States," he said, "is an empire in every sense but one, and that one sense is that it doesn't recognise itself as such." - Niall Ferguson
That sums it up well. A pity realy.

Iwant2no2
06-29-2009, 11:44 PM
I have read some of Niall Ferguson books. Just because he say America is and Empire, doesn't make it so. After all America has never had a ruler such as a Emperor, or Empress or an Oligarchy. America has had Presidents, and they are not the rulers of America. A "President" is one who presides, who is in leadership of a country. An Empire is controlled by one person (a political boss). America is controlled by 10s of thousands of people, not just one President. So in logical meaning of the word Empire, Niall Ferguson is wrong in his saying. But you have the freedom to think what you like' just as Sir Henry Elliott in your signuture can think as he likes.

I just like to use logic, and truth.

Sorry... I have gotten off topic..

Zafran
06-29-2009, 11:48 PM
I have read some of Niall Ferguson books. Just because he say America is and Empire, doesn't make it so. After all America has never had a ruler such as a Emperor, or Empress or an Oligarchy. America has had Presidents, and they are not the rulers of America. A "President" is one who presides, who is in leadership of a country. An Empire is controlled by one person (a political boss). America is controlled by 10s of thousands of people, not just one President. So in logical meaning of the word Empire, Niall Ferguson is wrong in his saying. But you have the freedom to think what you like' just as Sir Henry Elliott in your signuture can think as he likes.

I just like to use logic, and truth.

Sorry... I have gotten off topic..
I disagree - following logic is one thing but that doesnt mean its true - The Roman empire was seen as an empire even though in the early periods it was ran by a republic. Yet historians still call it an empire - because it ran like one. America atleast on foriegn policy bases is very Imperialistic.

Iwant2no2
06-30-2009, 12:52 AM
The point I have been trying to make is that the word Empire is a latin word, and the many countries around the world that have had Empires have been ruled under rulers called Emperor, or Empress. Emperor, and Empress is where the latin word Empire came from.

Another point I have been trying to make is: that America or any other country that is not ruled by either an "Emperor or Empress" can not be an "Empire". Sorry that you do not understand what I am trying to say.

Let me ask you a question... Do you believe in "correct reasoning"?

Zafran
06-30-2009, 12:54 AM
The point I have been trying to make is that the word Empire is a latin word, and the many countries around the world that have had Empires have been ruled under rulers called Emperor, or Empress. Emperor, and Empress is where the latin word Empire came from.

Another point I have been trying to make is: that America or any other country that is not ruled by either an "Emperor or Empress" can not be an "Empire". Sorry that you do not understand what I am trying to say.

Let me ask you a question... Do you believe in "correct reasoning"?
so when the Roman Empire was a republic and not ruled by an emporer or empress - was it not an empire according to you????? Even if its foreign policy was heavily Imperialistic???

I know exactly what your trying to say and your reasoning is flawed.

Iwant2no2
06-30-2009, 01:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
so when the Roman Empire was a republic and not ruled by an emporer or empress - was it not an empire according to you????? Even if its foreign policy was heavily Imperialistic???

I know exactly what your trying to say and your reasoning is flawed.
To answer your first question, before Rome was an Empire it was "The Roman Republic". It was not The Roman Empire until the rule of Julius Caesar as a dictator. The Caesar "Julius" ended the Roman Republic. AND yes Imperialism is found in the ancient histories of the Roman Empire, but was not found when it was Republic. Julius and his thugs changed that deeply... Which was very sad.

America has always been a Federal Constitutional Republic, not a Empire. It's the hate of propaganda that has labled, named it that. What is not true, can never be.

Ok, now your turn, you never did answer my question." Do you believe in "correct reasoning?

Zafran
06-30-2009, 02:29 AM
To answer your first question, before Rome was an Empire it was "The Roman Republic". It was not The Roman Empire until the rule of Julius Caesar as a dictator. The Caesar "Julius" ended the Roman Republic. AND yes Imperialism is found in the ancient histories of the Roman Empire, but was not found when it was Republic. Julius and his thugs changed that deeply... Which was very sad.

America has always been a Federal Constitutional Republic, not a Empire. It's the hate of propaganda that has labled, named it that. What is not true, can never be.

Ok, now your turn, you never did answer my question." Do you believe in "correct reasoning?

Yes but your reasoning is not correct as it is not just 1 definition of empire. An Empire can be an empire ran by emprerors and emprerses (as you said) But It can also be a empire if it "exercises Imperial power in a specific region" which america does.

the domain ruled by an emperor or empress; the region over which imperial dominion is exercised
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...ition&ct=title

Now Rome when it was a republic was exercising Imperial power in specific regions - Carthage is a good example in the Punic wars and many other early conquests - which show Imperial power has been excerisied when it was a republic making it an empire.

A republic can be an empire if imperial power is exercised in a specific region - Both Roman empire and america did that and america is still doing that making it an empire even though its form of govenmnet is a Federal Constitutional Republic.

so your reasoning is incorrect above and below - america is an empire as it exercises imperial power in specific regions.

before Rome was an Empire it was "The Roman Republic". It was not The Roman Empire until the rule of Julius Caesar as a dictator

mustafaisb
06-30-2009, 07:30 AM
:sl: One thing we can all agree on is that America is an imperialist nation. However, on careful examination I conclude that it is not the american people themselves who are imperialist, rather it is the government and corporatcracy that have an iron grip around america. All the silly and banal remarks by politicians about how great and supreme the american way of life is just shallow and factually incorrect. Anyone can find numerous statistics that point to the decline of american economic supremacy. One very significant example and I'm sure that most of you have read about is the repeated calls by the BRIC economies to diversify away from the dollar as the world's reserve currency.
California is effectively bankrupt and calls for help to obama for a bailout have been rebuked by the obama administration and the federal reserve. 37 out of 50 states face budget deficits. How can they balance the budget? By slashing vital and essential social aid programs. Substantial cuts to education, food stamp, unemployment benefits will be implemented even though the citizens of america need these services more than ever. America is for all intents and purposes BANKRUPT. Years of a mangled foreign and economic policy have led it to where it is now, and the nation as a whole must prepare for a radical lifestyle change. :w:

Khalil_Allah
06-30-2009, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mustafaisb
:sl: One thing we can all agree on is that America is an imperialist nation. However, on careful examination I conclude that it is not the american people themselves who are imperialist, rather it is the government and corporatcracy that have an iron grip around america. All the silly and banal remarks by politicians about how great and supreme the american way of life is just shallow and factually incorrect. Anyone can find numerous statistics that point to the decline of american economic supremacy. One very significant example and I'm sure that most of you have read about is the repeated calls by the BRIC economies to diversify away from the dollar as the world's reserve currency.
California is effectively bankrupt and calls for help to obama for a bailout have been rebuked by the obama administration and the federal reserve. 37 out of 50 states face budget deficits. How can they balance the budget? By slashing vital and essential social aid programs. Substantial cuts to education, food stamp, unemployment benefits will be implemented even though the citizens of america need these services more than ever. America is for all intents and purposes BANKRUPT. Years of a mangled foreign and economic policy have led it to where it is now, and the nation as a whole must prepare for a radical lifestyle change. :w:
MashaAllah, that is well-said.

It's borrowing money that causes the problems. We as a people and a nation have spent the last... who knows how long believing that the way to conduct business is to borrow a ton of money and then do business. People take out $500,000 and would be totally happy to pay $100/mo. for the rest of their lives on that money. Like it is ok to be in debt. I guess they think that because they are paying interest (haraam) that it there is nothing morally wrong about owing tons and tons of money.

Really I think this comfort with debt is a cornerstone of all economic failure here. We had to know it would catch up some day; it's just said that it happens to a generation that knows nothing about handling money or really any sort of economic morality at all.:rollseyes

NYCmuslim
07-03-2009, 07:24 PM
This is what happens when bankers hijack a government via a central bank. They are like a leech and America was its host. They suck the money out of all of us, purport their own agendas, and leave us poor. Disgusting. END THE FED!

jeff d
07-30-2009, 09:27 PM
I agree with you Kahlil_Allah, as it is ironic indeed! I'm an American, but I agree that our Government and some people have been very hypocritical over the decades. I know that a lot of americans do not like to hear that this country was really founded on insurgency of a terroristic nature! It's not how it's taught is school here...we are taught to believe that the Colonial Revolution was the right thing, not wrong. I enjoy examining this country for what it really is. In general, I think most (definately not all) people here are decent people, but I think many are very mislead.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.