/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Charities

egyptballer
06-15-2009, 07:11 PM
:sl:
My family wanted to donate clothing,toys,etc to a charity program but the most convenient is Vietnam Veterans.I just feel there are people with less and need more then Veterans so what charity do you donate to.Also consider that I would like a charity pick-up service which limits alot of charities.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
06-15-2009, 07:38 PM
The believer must hide his charity and do his best not to let anyone know about it to avoid falling into Riya'a (i.e. showing up one's good deeds to others and doing the good deeds for other than Allah's Sake). The prophet (PBUH) said: 'Seven (types of) people will be covered with Allah's shade on a day when there is no shade but His Shade, (from among them) a man who gives a charity hiding it, that (even) his left hand does not know what his right hand has spent'. Saying that your left hand does not know what your right hand has spent is a form of expression that indicates how careful you should be when giving a charity not letting anyone notice what you're doing. It would even be better to hide your identity from the one who is receiving the charity, when possible, so as to protect the receiver's dignity and save him from feeling shameful or humiliated.
http://www.jannah.org/articles/charity.html

egyptballer
06-16-2009, 01:55 AM
The believer must hide his charity and do his best not to let anyone know about it to avoid falling into Riya'a (i.e. showing up one's good deeds to others and doing the good deeds for other than Allah's Sake). The prophet (PBUH) said: 'Seven (types of) people will be covered with Allah's shade on a day when there is no shade but His Shade, (from among them) a man who gives a charity hiding it, that (even) his left hand does not know what his right hand has spent'. Saying that your left hand does not know what your right hand has spent is a form of expression that indicates how careful you should be when giving a charity not letting anyone notice what you're doing. It would even be better to hide your identity from the one who is receiving the charity, when possible, so as to protect the receiver's dignity and save him from feeling shameful or humiliated.
I didn't mean to post this to 'show off' my charity.I just wanted help.:-[

Beardo
06-16-2009, 01:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah

...lol, he was just asking. No need to feel bad Bro Egypt. I was looking for the same thing, but I ended up dropping it off at the local Masjid collection they had, seeing that in this economy, nobody does pick up anymore.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
egyptballer
06-16-2009, 02:04 AM
...lol, he was just asking. No need to feel bad Bro Egypt. I was looking for the same thing, but I ended up dropping it off at the local Masjid collection they had, seeing that in this economy, nobody does pick up anymore

JazakarAllah Khair,I heard there is pick up but it is scheduled.

Yanal
06-16-2009, 02:10 AM
Just give it to the Mosque and inshAllah they will know.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.