/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fasting

SlaveOfTheTruth
06-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Muslims fast, because they feel compassion for the hungry! But why just in ramadan, lets just stay without food all the time, because I am sure there will be someone hungry everyday.

I think we are better of setting up some types of charity to feed the hungry, Tell me if every single person starts to give out 10% of their income for the service of hungry/poor people, i dont think there will be no one left hungry!

Everyone will get food! That would show our true compassion to those less unfortunate.

If the foolish government stop wasting their money in burning the nature and setting up artificial buildings and give those money to poor people, there shall remain no poverty on earth.

Ego is getting richer, whilst the poor is getting even more poorer. One gets to eat 7 times a day and one does not get one meal a day.

Where have the human rights gone! human rights, my ****!

Governments are corrupt, politicians are corrupt, money is being wasted in wars, guns to kill others, why is not that money used for welfare of less fortunate!

If worldwide businesses had scheme of sharing their 10% of profit to poor people, i tell you, there shall remain no poverty in the world.

If people talk about human rights, they need to get rid of their selfishness.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
06-15-2009, 10:47 PM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by SlaveOfTheTruth
Muslims fast, because they feel compassion for the hungry! But why just in ramadan, lets just stay without food all the time, because I am sure there will be someone hungry everyday.
Feeling compassion for the hungry is only one benefit behind fasting; you will find that there are many others. Hence fasting is a commendable act throughout the entire year, with some days having great precedence over others, even outside of Ramadan.

As for helping the poor, you will find that Islam encourages this in numerous ways. There is obligatory charity to be paid towards such people, as well as voluntary charity that is highly recommended. Even at the end of Ramadan, Muslims are required to give to those less fortunate so that they may receive sustenance. There are so many texts in Islam teaching kind treatment towards not only the hungry, but also orphans and indebted and slaves, to name a few. Hence you will find Islam is a beautiful religion that can solve all such problems.

Peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.