/* */

PDA

View Full Version : He DOES respond to them, Wallahi...

- IqRa -
06-16-2009, 09:14 AM
:salamext:

I just thought I would share a personal experience of making dua and it being answered, it might be beneficial to some.

It's a bit long, so up to you if you want to read it or not lol.

"Any muslim who supplicates to Allah in a Du'a which contains no sin breaking of kinship, Allah will give him one of three things: either his Du`a will be immediately answered or, it will be saved for him in the hereafter, or it will turn away an equivalent amount of evil (from him)" The companions said "so we will ask for more" he replied, "Allah is more [generous]."
[at-Tirmidhi, Ahmad]

When we ask Allah for something, our mindset is not in the form of the hadith above (astagfirullah) we want that thing that we ask for, we don't want anything substituted for it, we don't want any danger to be avoided from our path, we don't want it saved for us in the Hereafter, we just don't want to listen to anything. We want what we ask for, right there and then.

Let me say, I, personally, was making a dua for a certain thing in my life, continuously, for 3/4 years, and when I felt that Allah was not going to answer my dua, I felt really upset and started to feel depressed and started to despair of Him answering my dua (astagfirullah). It is shameful for me to say this, but I actually went to Umrah only so I could make that dua, I wanted that thing so much, I was going crazy over it.

And now...after about 4 years, I was blessed with something else...something in a completely different form...something that took all my depression, all my stress and tension away. I never ever remember asking Allah for something like this, and yet Allah gave it to me. He gave me something that would only give me happiness, thats it.

He KNEW what I needed, that is why He gave me that. He KNEW that what I was asking for was bad for me, but I didn't, I didn't know or maybe I didn't want to know...

"...But it is possible that you dislike a thing which is good for you, and that you love a thing which is bad for you. But God Knows, and you know not."
[Qur'an, Chapter 2, Verse 216]
Our Rabb loves us more than our mother, would He want to hurt us? would He want to deliberately put us into misery and sadness? No! Of course not!

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab:

Some Sabi (i.e. war prisoners, children and woman only) were brought before the Prophet and behold, a woman amongst them was milking her breasts to feed and whenever she found a child amongst the captives, she took it over her chest and nursed it (she had lost her child but later she found him) the Prophet said to us, "Do you think that this lady can throw her son in the fire?" We replied, "No, if she has the power not to throw it (in the fire)." The Prophet then said, "Allah is more merciful to His slaves than this lady to her son."

[Saheeh Al-Bukhaari, Volume 8, Book 73, Number 28]

And the amazing thing is, the way I received what Allah gave me, was extraordinary - I mean you could see there was some sort of power or some sort of supernatural thing behind it - no human being could arrange for all of this...it's all the work of Allah...

So just to end this boring thread lol, All I'm saying is let us put our trust in our Rabb, who would never want anything bad to happen with us, and who loves us and wants nothing but the best for us.

Glory be to Allah, the Lord of Honour and Power! (He is free) from what they ascribe (to Him)!
And Peace be on the apostles,
And Praise be to Allah, the Lord and Cherisher of the Worlds.
[Qur'an, Chapter 37, Verses 180-182]

:wasalamex

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
06-16-2009, 09:18 AM
niceness!!! :)

Tony
06-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Really good thread .
I pra y that Allah will guide my wife and children to Islam, now my wife is covering her hair and doing namaz more, and my children ask if they can pray with me. Alhamdulillah.
The duas that are so amazing are when u forget you make them then suddenley realise they were answered.
I also ask for Allah to help me with learning Arabic for namaz

- IqRa -
06-16-2009, 10:57 AM

Ameen brother TKTony, never lose hope in Allah brother.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nájlá
06-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Nice thread, Jazakiallah khayr for sharing sis.

So true sometimes we lose our trust in Allah.... subhanallah

IbnAbdulHakim
06-16-2009, 12:25 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

one of the best threads ever subhanAllah!

jizakAllah khair for pm'ing me towards this thread! wa barakAllaahu feek.

Im sure what Allah has given you is contentment :) and indeed that is far better then anything else which you probably have been asking for !

- Ibn Abdul Hakim

Güven
06-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Beautiful Thread, MashaAllah.

Al-Zaara
06-16-2009, 12:37 PM
This is from someone's signature once upon a time:

"People always think that their prayers don't get answered if what they want doesn't come to them.

Remember 'No' is an answer too."

[Sh. Mohammed Ibn Faqih]
I thought it was very powerful and something people, and myself, should remember. I have remembered it ever since and elhamdulillah, it has brought me much more patience and contenment in the happenings in my life than before.

MashaAllah, I really like your thread and it makes me glad, I hope Allah will continue to bestow happiness upon you and your life inshaAllah.

S_87
06-16-2009, 01:08 PM
:sl:

jazakAllah khair sister...this is really useful for me, really thanks

nebula
06-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Mashallah really nice threaed sister, jazakallahu khair for sharing it with us, its helped me and woken me up

islamlover_girl
06-17-2009, 06:56 AM
Jazakom Allah khayr for sharing this,really a good thread.
most of us had ,have or will have in sha` Allah similar experiences in our life.

ahmed_indian
06-17-2009, 08:06 AM
jazaak Allah khair

BlissfullyJaded
06-18-2009, 04:47 AM

Jazakallah khair for that sis! :thumbs_up

Najm
06-22-2009, 07:19 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

SubhaanAllah!!! Amazing opening post!!!

FiAmaaniAllah

- IqRa -
06-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Wa Iyaakum brothers and sisters.

These are some sayings and verses that helped me to "keep it real", basically have patience throughout that time;

Oh Allah! When I lose hope because my plans have come to nothing, help me remember that Your love is greater than my disappointments & Your plans for my life are better than my dreams. Ameen.

---

"Verily, Allah is with the Patient." [Qur'an, Chapter 8, Verse 46]

----

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri and Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that."
[Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 70, Number 545]

----

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "If Allah wants to do good to somebody, He afflicts him with trials."
[Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 70, Number 548]

Rebel
06-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Very interesting, jazakillah kheir for sharing.

- IqRa -
06-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Wa Iyaak Rebel akhee

- IqRa -
07-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Allah is extremely kind, One who gives without asking

Indeed... :cry:

GuestFellow
07-08-2009, 12:55 AM
Salaam brother.

Reading that made me really happy, seriously. It was a good reminder.

Muslim Woman
07-08-2009, 01:05 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A

.... I never ever remember asking Allah for something like this, and yet Allah gave it to me.

MashaAllah , thanks for sharing :)

- IqRa -
07-28-2009, 01:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Salaam brother.

Reading that made me really happy, seriously. It was a good reminder.
Wa Alaikum Salaam. MashaAllaah.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

MashaAllah , thanks for sharing :)

You're welcome.

Woodrow
07-28-2009, 02:02 PM
He does indeed answer our Duas. But all to often we fail to see the answer. The answer is always in the form of what we need, not necessarily in terms of what we want.

I do not know what you have gone through. But, the fact I am here indicates I was given everything I needed to reach this point in my life. The trials and the joys given to me were all needed for me to be me. If any one painful trial or enjoyable event had been left out, I would not be here. So I say all things in our life are answers to our Du'as, we just need to look closely and see they were answers.

- IqRa -
08-13-2009, 10:00 AM
MashaAllaah amazing post uncle Woodrow :thumbs_up

A.M.H.
08-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Jazakallahu khair for sharing it with us

_PakistaN_
08-14-2009, 06:50 AM
I am going through a hard time myself. I make Du'a to Allah for the same things most of the time. Allah has given me patience though. What else can I ask for.

- IqRa -
08-14-2009, 08:15 AM
And Allaah will also give you something better than you ask for brother, wallaahi He will. He loves us, He will never leave our dua's unanswered. He will give us what we want, or give us something better, or save it for us in the Aakhirah, or take a danger away from our path because of that du'a.

Our Lord can never EVER be unjust brother...never.

Proud of Islam
08-15-2009, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
And the amazing thing is, the way I received what Allah gave me, was extraordinary - I mean you could see there was some sort of power or some sort of supernatural thing behind it - no human being could arrange for all of this...it's all the work of Allah...
That's right, and that's the amazing point..
Sometimes we see how all the steps extraordinaryly happened, just to make us happy for something we need, something we made do'a to have, or something better than what we hope as in your case..
Allah says:
[2:186] And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way.

He is very near, we just need to start praying with assurance and certitude that Allah answers our do'a..

Thanks for sharing & may Allah keep your happiness and answer all Muslims' Do'as.. Ameen..

----------------------------------------------------------------

Longing for the Paradise (Al-Jannah) where the endless happiness…

- IqRa -
08-17-2009, 08:36 AM
Ameen Thumma Ameen!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.