/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Californians, Here please?

Beardo
06-16-2009, 04:48 PM
Assalamu Alaykum :D

I just wanted to meet some of my Californian families! If you're from California, please post lol... :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BlissfullyJaded
06-17-2009, 12:35 AM
:w:

I'm from Cali. :skeleton: I don't think there are many Californians on here. I just remembered there were two sisters from down south along the border, but they don't visit anymore. I might have scared them away? :><:

Beardo
06-17-2009, 01:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah
:w:

I'm from Cali. :skeleton: I don't think there are many Californians on here. I just remembered there were two sisters from down south along the border, but they don't visit anymore. I might have scared them away? :><:
Well Thanks alot :mmokay:

So in 20 thousand members, only TWO from CA? That's just sad.

Yanal
06-17-2009, 01:11 AM
My uncle is from there.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BlissfullyJaded
06-17-2009, 01:12 AM
:sl:

You're welcome! :><:

Yea... Kinda weird, considering our Muslim population isn't all that small. :><: Ah well.

Beardo
06-17-2009, 01:15 AM
Well, I suppose the locals still have not been exposed to the wonderful world of the Internets...

Yanal
06-17-2009, 01:17 AM
^ some gain and some grief.

Beardo
06-17-2009, 01:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
^ some gain and some grief.
True. A lot of people say that... But that's everything in life. Or maybe it's in a higher volume with the Internet...

A scholar was saying that even the kings of the past didn't have the ability we have. If they had to send a message, they had to wait weeks or months. We just hit the send button, and we still complain if there is a few second delay!

BlackMamba
06-17-2009, 02:17 AM
I'm in a state bordering Cali. And I'm a Lakers fan have been for like 10yrs. but still not from cali

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-17-2009, 02:21 AM

You lucky (qadr-Allaah) Cali people, especially the ones in Irvine. You're getting Sh. Mishary Rashid al Afasy coming to lead Taraweeh for you guys this Ramadan!

Beardo
06-17-2009, 02:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd al-Rahman

You lucky (qadr-Allaah) Cali people, especially the ones in Irvine. You're getting Sh. Mishary Rashid al Afasy coming to lead Taraweeh for you guys this Ramadan!
:) news gets around fast. I was soooio happy... Until I realized I have to lead... Hopefullly he recites the last three days...

Yanal
06-17-2009, 02:38 AM
MASHALLAH YOUR LEADING! :) Whos leading in Vancouver?

BlackMamba
06-17-2009, 03:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
:) Until I realized I have to lead... Hopefullly he recites the last three days...
Nice man you're leading this year. Are you gonna do it all on your own or do you got someone splitting the rakats with you.
But Mishary's not even all that great he should stick to nasheeds instead of Quran. I'll take ANYONE in the haramain over him any day.

IslamicRevival
06-17-2009, 03:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
Nice man you're leading this year. Are you gonna do it all on your own or do you got someone splitting the rakats with you.
But Mishary's not even all that great he should stick to nasheeds instead of Quran. I'll take ANYONE in the haramain over him any day.
Salaam...No offence but thats a little disrespectful. The way you have said it sounds as if you are saying he isnt good enough to read the Quran hence he should stick to nasheeds

Sheikh Shuraim, Sheikh Sudais, Sheikh Al Afasy, Sheikh Al Ajmy etc and all the learned Hafiz on this planet are all as good as each other. I dont like this comparing business as it puts down one person. Its not right imo

Beardo
06-17-2009, 03:54 AM
^ Gotta agree.

And yeah, I'm splitting with one or two other Huffaadh. Nervous because this time I got a heavy school load imsadimsad

BlackMamba
06-17-2009, 04:57 AM
^ Gotta agree.

And yeah, I'm splitting with one or two other Huffaadh. Nervous because this time I got a heavy school load imsadimsad
Ya bro I'm in the exact same situation. School will just be starting the week before Ramadan Inshallah Allah will make it easy on both of us. I plan to split with two others and lead like 8/20. I needa review a ton these next two months.

format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
Salaam...No offence but thats a little disrespectful. The way you have said it sounds as if you are saying he isnt good enough to read the Quran hence he should stick to nasheeds

Sheikh Shuraim, Sheikh Sudais, Sheikh Al Afasy, Sheikh Al Ajmy etc and all the learned Hafiz on this planet are all as good as each other. I dont like this comparing business as it puts down one person. Its not right imo
Ya you're right my bad. Sometimes I start acting like it's sports or something and I compare them. Lol that's my bad.

Beardo
06-18-2009, 11:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
Ya bro I'm in the exact same situation. School will just be starting the week before Ramadan Inshallah Allah will make it easy on both of us. I plan to split with two others and lead like 8/20. I needa review a ton these next two months.

Ya you're right my bad. Sometimes I start acting like it's sports or something and I compare them. Lol that's my bad.
LOL

And yeah, I'm doing 8 too. That's like... dangerously similar! lol

Yanal
06-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Insh'Allah Allah will reward and guide you. Ameen!

- IqRa -
06-19-2009, 09:46 AM
^ Gotta agree.

School...? How old are you brother? :skeleton:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.