/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What was the Prophet Muhammed (s.a.w) before he was muslim ?

xHolyPrincessx
06-16-2009, 05:50 PM
:sl:

Okay you people might find me abit dumb (i'm still quite young) but i was just wondering this because my R.E teacher said that before Muhammed (s.a.w) was muslim, he was christian.
Me and my friends love R.E because we're learning about Islam but sometimes my teacher- who's christian- comes out with stuff about Islam that we're always doubting.
Obviously, when we have doubts we do speak up and tell my teacher when he has gone wrong in his info about this wonderful religion but i just wanted to know if the Prophet(s.a.w) was born muslim or was a christian before he became muslim ?
:w:

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-19-2009, 06:27 PM

The Prophet(saw) was not a Christian before Islam....I'm not sure why your "Christian" teacher is teaching you about Prophet Muhammad(Saw) lol. Maybe it makes him feel good, I dunno. Before Islam arrived and before Prophet Muhammads(saw) Prophethood, he didn't follow the religion of his(saw) people at the time and certainly not Christianity. He(saw) used to retire to the cave of Hira to meditate often.

czgibson
06-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
I'm not sure why your "Christian" teacher is teaching you about Prophet Muhammad(Saw) lol. Maybe it makes him feel good, I dunno.
Maybe he wants to try and teach his pupils about several religions, not just the one that he believes in.

Peace

moddy
06-19-2009, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by xHolyPrincessx

Okay you people might find me abit dumb (i'm still quite young) but i was just wondering this because my R.E teacher said that before Muhammed (s.a.w) was muslim, he was christian.
Me and my friends love R.E because we're learning about Islam but sometimes my teacher- who's christian- comes out with stuff about Islam that we're always doubting.
Obviously, when we have doubts we do speak up and tell my teacher when he has gone wrong in his info about this wonderful religion but i just wanted to know if the Prophet(s.a.w) was born muslim or was a christian before he became muslim ?

Thanks
Non of the Prophet was Christian ... ALL PROPHETS WERE BORN MUSLIMS, AND NOT ONLY PROPHETS BUT EVERYONE BORN MUSLIM

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-19-2009, 07:17 PM
What was the Prophet Muhammed (s.a.w) before he was muslim ?
He (saw) was a Hanif, meaning of those people that had taken it upon themselves to follow the pure monotheistic religion of Ibrahim (a.s.) - by rejecting the idolatry that was widespread in Makkah and elsewhere. He (saw) was upon the pure fitrah. He was also protected by Allaah from the vices of the society and from the shirk as he refused to take part in anything that had to do with the festivals of honoring the idols. The story of Jibreel (a.s.) opening up his chest when he was very young and washing his heart is well known.

format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,
Maybe he wants to try and teach his pupils about several religions, not just the one that he believes in.

Peace
You don't teach people about different religions by giving misinformation!

Tony
06-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Good question sister, dont ever apolagise for seeking knowledge.:)

xHolyPrincessx
06-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Thankkk You Everyone So Much
Everyy Little Thing Helpped :thumbs_up

AvarAllahNoor
06-19-2009, 07:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd al-Rahman
The story of Jibreel (a.s.) opening up his chest when he was very young and washing his heart is well known.

This sounds rather interesting, any links? :statisfie

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Greetings,

Peace
As was stated earlier, giving someone the wrong information isn't teaching, so I don't know what that has to do with anything.

Banu_Hashim
06-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Salam xHolyPrincessxx,

Muhammad was not a Christian. Nor did he follow the idol worshipping that his own tribe, the Quraish did. He was a hanif. A hanif was a person, before Islam came, who followed the teachings of Ibrahim alayhis-Salaam (Abraham), and worshipped only one God; Allah.

Hope that helps.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-19-2009, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
This sounds rather interesting, any links? :statisfie
Anas b. Malik reported that Gabriel came to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) while he was playing with his playmates. He took hold of him and lay him prostrate on the ground and tore open his breast and took out the heart from it and then extracted a blood-clot out of it and said: That was the part of Satan in thee. And then he washed it with the water of Zamzam in a golden basin and then it was joined together and restored to it place. The boys came running to his mother, i. e. his nurse, and said: Verily Muhammad has been murdered. They all rushed toward him (and found him all right) His color was changed, Anas said: I myself saw the marks of needle on his breast.

Muslim

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-19-2009, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by xHolyPrincessx
Thankkk You Everyone So Much
Everyy Little Thing Helpped :thumbs_up
Your welcome sis :D :wub:

czgibson
06-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Greetings,
You don't teach people about different religions by giving misinformation!
You are obviously right. That's why I said "Maybe he wants to try and teach..." Clearly he's not doing a good job at it.

Still, it's a start. In some parts of the world, children are taught about one religion only.

Peace

Zafran
06-19-2009, 09:53 PM
salaam

wow that teacher made a terrible mistake.

Banu_Hashim
06-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Greetings,

You are obviously right. That's why I said "Maybe he wants to try and teach..." Clearly he's not doing a good job at it.

Still, it's a start. In some parts of the world, children are taught about one religion only.

Peace
Having false information isn't any better than having no information.

جوري
06-20-2009, 01:50 AM
During the time of prophet Mohammed there were only two tribes of Christians in the entire region.. Arabs were notoriously anti missionaries, and they preferred their pagan idols even with strong Jewish presence in the region.

Prophet Mohammed (p) contemplated as Abraham (P) contemplated, but didn't follow the religion of his elders..

and Allah swt knows best

جوري
06-20-2009, 01:54 AM
Greetings,

Peace

shouldn't teaching come preserving historical integrity?.. It is noble he wants to teach the class of other religions, but it is wrong to disseminate wrong information. Teaching should be free of personal bias!

all the best

AvarAllahNoor
06-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Anas b. Malik reported that Gabriel came to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) while he was playing with his playmates. He took hold of him and lay him prostrate on the ground and tore open his breast and took out the heart from it and then extracted a blood-clot out of it and said: That was the part of Satan in thee. And then he washed it with the water of Zamzam in a golden basin and then it was joined together and restored to it place. The boys came running to his mother, i. e. his nurse, and said: Verily Muhammad has been murdered. They all rushed toward him (and found him all right) His color was changed, Anas said: I myself saw the marks of needle on his breast.

Muslim
Is there an actual site, of book that this is collated in? I'd like to read it. Is there a Muhammed Life story, or something similar?

Guru Fateh.

Yanal
06-20-2009, 03:09 PM

Muhammad(PBUH) was not a Christian before.Even though before 40 he was not a muslim,he refused to worships idols/stones. Your Christian teacher is trying to misguide you from the path of light,so you can accept his religion "Christianity" by saying one of mankinds greatest creation was previously Christian.

And bro AvarAllahnoor try this insh'Allah:http://www.Muhammad.net

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-20-2009, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Is there an actual site, of book that this is collated in? I'd like to read it. Is there a Muhammed Life story, or something similar?

Guru Fateh.
'Muslim' was the reference to the book of Hadith that contains the narration I posted, i.e. 'Sahih Muslim'. However, you can find it in almost any book of seerah, look for 'The Sealed Necter' by Sheikh Safi-ur-Rahman al-Mubarkpuri, 'Muhammad: Man and Prophet' by Adil Salahi, but they'll probably just reference it back to the narration I posted.

Uthman
06-20-2009, 04:34 PM
However, you can find it in almost any book of seerah, look for 'The Sealed Necter' by Sheikh Safi-ur-Rahman al-Mubarkpuri
Excellent book indeed - which can be read online here. It does use the same narration posted by brother 'Abd al-Rahman. :)

xHolyPrincessx
06-24-2009, 05:41 PM

Thankz Everybody cant show how much help u gave me

oh nd can we please nt debate on my teacher nd his information because to tell u da truth by ur help i can go and tell him of his mistakes so he can correct dem. letz all just agree dat he was mistaken in his information and should've researched further before givin us false information. Everybody's right and thatz definitaley something to agree on,

Jazakallah Khairan .. Thank You :)

Banu_Hashim
06-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I don't think he was trying to convert you to to Christianity or anything. But, probably he genuinely thought Muhammad (saws) was a Christian in his early days, similar to Jesus (peace be upon him), as he was brought up a Jew. Just a false misconception. When you tell him he was mistaken, he'll accept it gracefully I'm sure.

czgibson
06-24-2009, 09:49 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
shouldn't teaching come preserving historical integrity?.. It is noble he wants to teach the class of other religions, but it is wrong to disseminate wrong information. Teaching should be free of personal bias!

all the best
I don't see how anyone could disagree with that.

Peace

Sufisticated007
07-20-2009, 01:23 PM
A hanif, a monotheist.

malayloveislam
08-25-2009, 12:02 PM
LOL..... I agree with most of the posts posted by brothers and sisters that prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is a Haneef since the historical account of Seerah too affirm it. Some people might think Islam began only when (they say) Muhammad (pbuh) claim himself a prophet and G-d messenger. While Islam actually exist in everybody self and had long exist and those prophets we learned are all Muslim. I guess this might be rooted from those people who gave false information and misconception (purposely) created about Islam because they are anti-Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.