/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Most Irritating Phrases in the English Language

جوري
06-16-2009, 07:21 PM
The Most Irritating Phrases in the English Language

2575 Comments

It's 2008, and we're pretty sure we recently had a conversation that didn't involve a single catchphrase from "Clueless." Progress, right? Eh, kinda. Oxford University -- home to the wordsmiths responsible for adding "bootylicious" to the most comprehensive dictionary of the English language -- recently released a list of the top 10 most irritating phrases in current use, and it doesn't give us much hope for humanity.

Researchers combed through a variety of British books, blogs, magazines and broadcast transcripts to compile a database of words and phrases in current overuse/misuse, and then chose the worst offenders. Among their top picks were bad grammar ("shouldn't of," #8), redundant verbal tics ("I personally," #3) and regular old overused terms ("24/7," #9).

The rest of the Oxford list: "It's not rocket science" (#10), "It's a nightmare" (#7), "Absolutely" (#6), "With all due respect" (#5), "At this moment in time" (#4), and "Fairly unique" (#2). Their top pick? "At the end of the day," gratingly popular (and totally meaningless) with politicians, athletes, pundits, and management types. It's basically a glimpse at what it will sound like in hell.

Because we're also easily irritated here in America, we've compiled our own list of annoying phrases. Click here to read them, and be sure to leave your own pet peeves in the comments.

Cliches from 2006: best.[something].ever, I just threw up in my mouth, going green, [blank] is the new [blank], tween, douche, rad, drama, blogosphere, ginormous, bajillion, totes, bro, bra, bromance.

Office Jargon: team-building, value-added, grassroots, reach out, multitasking, no-brainer, low-hanging fruit, monetize, ping.

Faux Ghetto Slang: killin it, for real/for reals/on the real/keepin' it real, hit me up, oh snap!, chillaxing.

Unnecessary Conjunctions and Transitions:
no offense but ..., all of the sudden, basically, ironically, actually, honestly, totally, hopefully, as to whether, I swear to God, you know.

Misused/Mispronounced Phrases: irregardless (for "regardless"), aggravate (for "irritate"), anyways/towards (anyway, toward), for all intensive purposes (for "for all intents and purposes"), suppose to (for "supposed to"), could of (for "could have"), analyzing/analyzation (for "analysis"), literally (when meant figuratively).

Internet acronyms/LOLCat slang (Even When Used Ironically): OMG, i can haz, LOLz, teh Internets, Oh noes!, Obvs, PWN.

Tell us! What words and phrases drive you crazy?

http://www.lemondrop.com/2008/11/12/...lish-language/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansariyah
06-16-2009, 07:29 PM
lol i'm guilty of using 'shoooot'...too much.

and saying 'no no no no' instead of jst no.

And ' I see'.

wat annoys me is wen people keep saying 'aha aha aha' wen they're on the fone...it never stops. lol

جوري
06-16-2009, 07:30 PM
for me it isn't so much what they say, it is how they say it, especially here in NY.. just want to slap them into their senses...

(groups of teenagers) never ceased the popularity of the word 'like' --before, in the middle, and after every nonsensical statement

it has been passed down for generations 'like really' like ohmigawd' 'like I told her like and like wouldn't like listen'-- they do it while producing the words from their pits, they can't just roll the annoying phrases off their tongues like most normal people... and they do it so everyone in the streets can hear what went on, perhaps they might be 'discovered' for something in the process...

I remember once I was in the elevator, and this girl was complaining to her friend on the phone of how others and particularly this guy 'moose' were accusing her as having outed him as 'gay' lol, then she proceeds by 'I never said that' she insisted it wasn't her, well later on I had to go take something to the dry cleaners and I saw her with 'moose' and the rest, and I could rightly implicate her in the outing of moose, just not sure why it didn't occur to her that she might have had something to do with it ;D

teenagers.. ah without them, the world would be a semi lovely place for children and adults...

Rabi'ya
06-16-2009, 07:34 PM
:sl:

i use this all the time but it is really annoying

INNIT!!!!!!!!

And another thing which really annoys me is when people say LIKE at the end of every sentence

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Clover
06-16-2009, 07:38 PM
Some of the most annoying phrases i've heard would be:

"fo riz" "we are truth" "we follow the true religion" "ka ka (say it like cud)" "Obama Obama Obama" "nigga"

Many more, but them are the ones one.

Whatsthepoint
06-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Yo wassup nigga whatchu kno about this sucka?

The Ruler
06-16-2009, 07:43 PM
From the list of clichés, I've only use "blogosphere" often. What else do you call it? Blogocone?

Words and phrases that drive me crazy: "Wag one", "man", "dude" and "Whassup"

Thankfully, I don't go to a school filled with suckers, nor do I live in an area like that.

Güven
06-16-2009, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
lol i'm guilty of using 'shoooot'...too much.

and saying 'no no no no' instead of jst no.

And ' I see'.

wat annoys me is wen people keep saying 'aha aha aha' wen they're on the fone...it never stops. lol

I see....ahaahahah.

format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

i use this all the time but it is really annoying

INNIT!!!!!!!!

And another thing which really annoys me is when people say LIKE at the end of every sentence
Innit.

format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
Some of the most annoying phrases i've heard would be:

"fo riz" "we are truth" "we follow the true religion" "ka ka (say it like cud)" "Obama Obama Obama" "nigga"

Many more, but them are the ones one.
We DO follow the true religion :D

format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Yo wassup nigga whatchu kno about this sucka?
aint kno but wht I do kno is that yo pst may get dltd.

format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
From the list of clichés, I've only use "blogosphere" often. What else do you call it? Blogocone?

Thankfully, I don't go to a school filled with suckers, nor do I live in an area like that.
yo whassup dude ...dude don't say that , Dude those words are the best dude.

Srry I just had to do this. :X

surprisingly I don't really have a particular word(s) that I find annoying.
I like to use those annoying words :D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-16-2009, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm totally with you on that! :D

I say dude...:-[ I say chillith...but I say them online, not in real life.

Mysterious Uk
06-16-2009, 08:43 PM
It's also great when people go: 'guess what' and then it is obvious the person can't guess what so they reply with 'what'. I still do it tho:
Guess what
what?
You stink. haha

ragdollcat1982
06-16-2009, 08:48 PM
It irriatates the holy heck out of me when kids say I BE instead of I have or I am.

GuestFellow
06-16-2009, 09:15 PM
I find this phrase very annoying -___-;;

''Wa go on cuzzy bro''

Clover
06-16-2009, 09:30 PM
We DO follow the true religion
Sure ya do :giggling:

Yanal
06-16-2009, 09:35 PM
What do you expect from me ,my peeps?:D

Nájlá
06-16-2009, 09:40 PM
lol i agree with you on that too...

format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
but I say them online, not in real life.
haha lol this sounds like me :p

Sunni Ninja
06-16-2009, 09:49 PM
:-[ i use DUDE alot in real life.. hardly ever online though..

but the most weird phrase i heard was sumthing like "yow brap brap"

BlissfullyJaded
06-16-2009, 10:05 PM

What is weird is when people actually say OMG in real life...just the letters. Like seriously, you can't say oh my God instead? :s Aside from that, none of 'em really annoy me.

Oh, and I'm guilty of saying like and totally a lot. I used to say dude more, but it got old I guess. :X

czgibson
06-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer Skye
(groups of teenagers) never ceased the popularity of the word 'like' --before, in the middle, and after every nonsensical statement it has been passed down for generations 'like really' like ohmigawd' 'like I told her like and like wouldn't like listen'
I agree completely. :)

'Like' would definitely top my list.

Peace

Yanal
06-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Or the phrase "Yo you know this and that did this and that...."

جوري
06-16-2009, 10:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

I agree completely. :)

'Like' would definitely top my list.

Peace
Greetings,

thanks for the rep.. will return it once I have some powers :D

I really didn't think 'Like' was as popular in England as it is in the U.S?

I rather enjoy the British accent, I wish I had a British accent at times.. everything just sounds more sophisticated I imagine even 'like omigawd' :haha:

peace

جوري
06-16-2009, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
I think "you know" should have been mentioned.

You know, no offence should have been mentioned too, cos at the end of the day, it's not fairly unique and I personally at this moment in time absolutely don't like it. It's not rocket science but it shouldn't of been in use ever like not now, not 24/7 ever. It's a nightmare, with all due respect. :skeleton:

rofl touché!

Raudha
06-16-2009, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

What is weird is when people actually say OMG in real life...just the letters. Like seriously, you can't say oh my God instead? :s
And have you ever heard people say "lol" instead of laughing? I've heard it and found it quite pathetic. In fact I actually started laughing at the person without even knowing what the joke was :X

Actually its just as popular in South Africa :)

Güven
06-16-2009, 11:02 PM
I use lol soo much online that there have been moments in my life where something funny has happened/mentioned and I've had to stop myself from saying it out loud. :X

I don't know if anybody here is familiar with collegehumor, but there's this one really awesomely funny sketch they have of people talking/behaving in real life situations as though they were an internet community and the portrayal is so spot on lol. I'd post it here, but it has some crude bits. :hmm:

I use lol all the time, It won't surprise me if i say it in real life either.

Raudha
06-16-2009, 11:04 PM
^^I would be offended if someone just said "lol" to a really awesome joke that I made. It would sound as if they're just laughing to make you happy :X

Yanal
06-16-2009, 11:05 PM
PM me it:)

czgibson
06-17-2009, 12:25 AM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
Greetings,

thanks for the rep.. will return it once I have some powers :D
You've lost your powers? "Ohmigod!" :X

I'm afraid so. US films and TV shows find their way over here and into the minds of the populace.

I rather enjoy the British accent, I wish I had a British accent at times.. everything just sounds more sophisticated I imagine even 'like omigawd' :haha:
I think the best one is "how do you do?". To which the correct answer is not, as you might expect, "I'm doing fine, thanks", or something similar, but a repeat of the question "how do you do?".

You haven't heard a posh English accent until you've heard a member of the British upper class say "how do you do?". :D

Peace

BlissfullyJaded
06-17-2009, 12:31 AM
You know, no offence should have been mentioned too, cos at the end of the day, it's not fairly unique and I personally at this moment in time absolutely don't like it. It's not rocket science but it shouldn't of been in use ever like not now, not 24/7 ever. It's a nightmare, with all due respect. :skeleton:
LOL. I like that you started your thing with "You know" right after you said "you know" should have been in the list. :p No offense... :skeleton:

And have you ever heard people say "lol" instead of laughing? I've heard it and found it quite pathetic. In fact I actually started laughing at the person without even knowing what the joke was :X
Oh yeah, I heard that too. :X

I also didn't know "like" was popular outside the US.

Clover
06-17-2009, 12:36 AM
This blonde girl at my school:

"Like Jessica, I was like, totally going to like, this total mall, and like, this guy nearly hit me in his ugly truck, and I was just like, "OMG, did you just nearly hit me!" and Jessica...you won't believe, it, but he was like, OMG, I'm sorry!"

lol sorry, but that's how it is here with some people.

جوري
06-17-2009, 12:36 AM
Greetings,

You've lost your powers? "Ohmigod!" :X
I know I hate it when that happens.. especially when I am playing harvest moon.. but alas power like youth, the seasons and most nintendo games-- is fleeting imsad

I'm afraid so. US films and TV shows find their way over here and into the minds of the populace.
Hmm, it doesn't it seem to work the other way...
in many TV shows here they like to incorporate one brit or one aussie to loan the show credibility but the accent and catch phrases don't seem to rub off on anyone..

I remember sitting in the theater in England for one of those Austin power movies and he went on talking about mission 'preparation H' and me and my friend were chuckling up a storm, while everyone else was so quiet.. perhaps the inside humor is lost to the American audience likewise-- (who is to say) ..

I think the best one is "how do you do?". To which the correct answer is not, as you might expect, "I'm doing fine, thanks", or something similar, but a repeat of the question "how do you do?".
So it would be like '' No, I insist how do you do? with extra emphasis on that first D? and the you? :haha:

You haven't heard a posh English accent until you've heard a member of the British upper class say "how do you do?". :D

Peace
I am afraid I couldn't tell who is posh from who isn't.. took me a good two weeks to get adjusted, but some people were very difficult to understand because even though they were from England, they spoke an entirely different brand of English than the rest. A good remedy for that I have always found is to smile and nod.

Tilmeez
06-17-2009, 04:58 AM
How about zis, I mean, this:

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union rather than German, which was the other possibility. .

As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5- year phase-in plan that would become known as 'Euro-English' .

In the first year, 's' will replace the soft 'c'. Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard 'c' will be dropped in favour of 'k'. This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter. There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome 'ph' will be replaced with 'f'. This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where! more komplikated changes are possible.
Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling.

Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent 'e' in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer people wil be reseptiv to steps such as
replasing 'th' with 'z' and 'w' with 'v'.

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary 'o' kan be dropd from vordskontaining 'ou' and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensi bl riten styl.

Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plas.

جوري
06-17-2009, 05:02 AM
:haha: brilliant.. I like it .. European union should stick with esperanto

Tilmeez
06-17-2009, 05:06 AM
:haha: brilliant.. I like it .. European union should stick with esperanto
Mr. cz going to be jobless in near future :?

جوري
06-17-2009, 05:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tilmeez
Mr. cz going to be jobless in near future :?

possible indeed.. but language never goes out of style.. unfortunately I really don't know what is in or out.. learned quite a bit on this thread... I always feel left out of the 'new cool'.. but I figured if I stick with the classic, it is bound to come back or never go out of style :lol:

:w:

czgibson
06-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Greetings,

Tilmeez, that is the stuff of nightmares!

Peace

Fareedah
06-17-2009, 09:39 AM
Braap!

^^I hate it to bits, but I use it all the time. :o

Al-Zaara
06-17-2009, 09:42 AM

peace
There's no "the British accent/dialect", they've got lots of varieties in England/the UK! So which one is of your liking?

I just learned/heard in England, 'first floor' is how I understand it, the 'second floor'! The floor above the ground.. Haha, I can just imagine myself experiencing major embarrassing moments when I visit.

czgibson
06-17-2009, 09:47 AM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
I just learned/heard in England, 'first floor' is how I understand it, the 'second floor'! The floor above the ground.. Haha, I can just imagine myself experiencing major embarrassing moments when I visit.
Yep. In America the first floor is on the ground; in Britain the first floor is the one above that.

Why do we go on confusing each other like this? :D

Peace

crayon
06-17-2009, 09:56 AM
I call the one on the ground the 'ground floor', and the one above that the 'first floor'... so british-like, I guess?

'Like' after every other word also irritates me. Oh, and I can't stand it when people say lolz. Ahhhhhhh. Lol is fine. Just not lolZ.<_<

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Someone mentioned yo, wats wrong with that? <_<
I say that in real life...oh and noob too. That usually happens if u were or are a gamer!

Raudha
06-17-2009, 02:26 PM
What is "noob" supposed to mean? And "brapp" ? :embarrass

MSN
06-17-2009, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Raudha
What is "noob" supposed to mean? And "brapp" ? :embarrass
Noob=newbie
and the other word,don't know.

Muezzin
06-17-2009, 04:00 PM
Ah yoo dizzee blad?

Translation: Are you dizzy, blood?

'Brap' is pretty silly.

I remember reading that 'At the end of the day' is pretty annoying. To some people.

In Internet-land, people overuse the word 'Epic', 'Fail', 'Epic Fail', 'Awesome' and 'First'.

There's no "the British accent/dialect", they've got lots of varieties in England/the UK! So which one is of your liking?
Probably Received Pronunciation, AKA 'posh English accent'.

crayon
06-17-2009, 04:03 PM
^I use 'awesome' a lot.. Both online and in real life, lol.

Abdul Fattah
06-17-2009, 04:21 PM
Selam aleykum, here's my pet peves words/sentences:

Synergy, brain storm/mind shower, game plan, thinking outside of the box

Also, n00b is not the same as newbie. A newbie is somebody new, but a noob can be an oldtimer. Noob does not refer to the amount of time a person has been on a forum/community/game/whatever. But rather refers to his/her attitude. If a person is not only completely clueless, but also appears reluctant to find out things by himself, and just asks and expects people to explain every last little detail, then that makes him a noob, even if he's already been there for a while.

Beardo
06-17-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm guilty of the "Actually, Hopefully," etc.... I can't love with out it.

Al-Zaara
06-17-2009, 04:35 PM
I say 'awesome', 'what' and 'dude' a lot. And my current most-used phrase is "cry me a river".

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Probably Received Pronunciation, AKA 'posh English accent'.
Probably.

MSN
06-17-2009, 04:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
^I use 'awesome' a lot.. Both online and in real life, lol.
Awesome!!

جوري
06-17-2009, 04:47 PM
Greetings,

Yep. In America the first floor is on the ground; in Britain the first floor is the one above that.

Why do we go on confusing each other like this? :D

Peace
Greetings,

Our ground floors are called 'the lobby'
:D

جوري
06-17-2009, 04:48 PM
The one where I had some clue as to what was going on and not wondering if that were English at all :lol:

جوري
06-17-2009, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Fattah
Selam aleykum, here's my pet peves words/sentences:

Synergy, brain storm/mind shower, game plan, thinking outside of the box

Also, n00b is not the same as newbie. A newbie is somebody new, but a noob can be an oldtimer. Noob does not refer to the amount of time a person has been on a forum/community/game/whatever. But rather refers to his/her attitude. If a person is not only completely clueless, but also appears reluctant to find out things by himself, and just asks and expects people to explain every last little detail, then that makes him a noob, even if he's already been there for a while.

I use the word synergistic all the time -- it actually has alot of good value-- especially with certain antibiotics.. or using alcohol and acetaminophen .. or ASA and coumadin .. I really don't want to be without that word.. or the word augment .. both great..
brainstorming isn't half bad either but I don't see much value to it..
Thinking outside the box, well that is great too.. is it just me?

Tony
06-17-2009, 04:53 PM
lol, Ms Skye, ur words arent so much annoying, but I think u speak a different language to anyone else on earth:D

Clover
06-17-2009, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony
lol, Ms Skye, ur words arent so much annoying, but I think u speak a different language to anyone else on earth:D

Sorry, had to.

Another word is "seriously" when you use it over and over, as such:

"Seriously, I was like, seriously, why aren't you listening to me? Seriously..."

Raudha
06-17-2009, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony
:) I agree!

Yanal
06-17-2009, 05:53 PM
^ me too.

Anyway I always say the time like this "I will phone you around fivish..".

Muezzin
06-17-2009, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
Wicked typo.

Yanal
06-17-2009, 06:35 PM
hahahaha^

جوري
06-18-2009, 01:21 AM
was conscious of my conversation with my friend today, we each had to catch ourselves using one of those filler statement where an awkward gap moment of silence would usually be.. but I think we all collectively use them to cut down on the (ah ah ah um um ah ah) while you connect your thoughts..

unless your speech is written in advance and you have no questions from the audience you won't be able to help some of them..

Today I have noticed more annoying ones

'I have my plate full at the moment'
'boiler plate'
'this and that'
'You know what I mean'
'honestly', 'I kid you not'
'so you see'
'kinda like' well which is it?

another one of my personal peeves is folks who write lieing for lying.. there is no such word as lieing yet I find folks with PhD's and higher education using it all the time as if no one is spared.. (lied, lying,lies) folks 'there ain't no' such a word as lieing so stop it STOP IT.

anyhow.. thanks for your participation if you have more, I'll be glad of it..

:w:

Sunni Ninja
06-18-2009, 11:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
:rollseyes:giggling::giggling:

AntiKarateKid
06-18-2009, 03:53 PM
When people say "basically" too much it irks the hek outta me.

Basically this.... Basically that.... Ummm basically blah blah.

Raudha
06-18-2009, 05:03 PM
^I know!!! When in actual fact nothing that they're talking about is so basic!

I picked up a habit of saying "incidently..." and "essentially..." from my physiology lecturer. But the habit only manifests itself when I'm studying physiology.
:hmm: strange huh?

*charisma*
06-18-2009, 05:53 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I think "you know" should have been mentioned.
To that I'll add "Get/Know what I'm sayin??"

To which I usually reply: "Yehhh, I smell watchu steppin in." :D I love that phrase.

"I understand" gets under my skin at times. It just kills everything.

e.g.
Person A: "Could you please be a little more quiet, it's hard to concentrate..."
Person B: "I understand :sunny:"

Noooooooo, really??? :ooh:

I also get annoyed when people say "Guess what?" It always begins a series of irritations that goes something like "Guess what?" and you're like "What?" and theyre like "GUESS!" and your like "WHATTTT???" and they're like "OMG JUST GUESS!" and then you don't wanna know anymore so they're like "Ok ok I'll tell you", and you're just waiting while giving em the ok go on face and they start the story with "Ok soooooo...." LIKE OH MY GAWD :mad:

That felt good :cry:

fi aman allah
wsalaam

Muezzin
06-18-2009, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
When people say "basically" too much it irks the hek outta me.

Basically this.... Basically that.... Ummm basically blah blah.
Heh.

One of my lecturers said 'Basically' a lot, and he knew it. Once, mid-lecture, he said "I say 'basically' too much". Then he started saying "essentially" and said "wait, that's just the same as 'basically'".

Weirdly amusing.

Al-Zaara
06-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Really Mimi? It annoys you, huh :D ... I understand.

I practically don't use/or hear English in my daily life much at all, that's why I can't understand why some people find some of those phrases annoying. But if anyone is interested in Finnish or Swedish irritating phrases, let me know.

MSN
06-18-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm trying really hard to come up with something but there seems to be non.now THAT'S irritating!!
Seriously why can't i think of anything?

جوري
06-18-2009, 06:37 PM
you just used the conjunction seriously which is annoying seriously lol

just kidddddddddingg

Muezzin
06-18-2009, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MSN
I'm trying really hard to come up with something but there seems to be non.now THAT'S irritating!!
Seriously why can't i think of anything?
I mean, oh my god!

Like, whatever.

The above are examples of how I have heard others speak and how I do not speak and have never spoken in my entire life yes it's true honest really I'm not joking please don't think I'm joking.

MSN
06-18-2009, 06:40 PM
you just used the conjunction seriously which is annoying seriously lol

just kidddddddddingg
Seriously why is that now?seriously!
lol
I think this is my case too.
I practically don't use/or hear English in my daily life much at all

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-18-2009, 08:16 PM
I use pshhh and pfftt a lot too...does dat bug anyone :D

Danah
06-18-2009, 09:24 PM
brother Tilmeez.....I hope to not listen to someone talk like "zat" <_<

that reminds me of some of our Egyptian Professors who are saying words like "zat"
zey are giving me hard times to focus on what zey are saying :exhausted

ex:
zis is za way you have to solve za question :enough!:

Tony
06-18-2009, 09:35 PM
the bottom line .......................... at the end of the day ................... :raging::skeleton::rollseyes

aadil77
06-18-2009, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler

lol, wag1 ma breda ( whats going on my brother! )

yh jamaican slang is the worst you get all sorts of badboy wannabe's copyin that crap down here

Salahudeen
06-18-2009, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
I use pshhh and pfftt a lot too...does dat bug anyone :D
I wonder who you got them from :raging:

Salahudeen
06-18-2009, 10:03 PM
I find it anoying when people say "OBVIOUSLY" all the time, whatever you point out 2 them they go "OBIOUVSLY" like ur soo dum and their soo clever lol

GuestFellow
06-18-2009, 10:32 PM
I find this phrase rather annoying:

''Oh my daze.''

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-18-2009, 10:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
I wonder who you got them from :raging:
Not u that's for sure! LOL

*charisma*
06-19-2009, 03:03 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Really Mimi? It annoys you, huh :D ... I understand.

I practically don't use/or hear English in my daily life much at all, that's why I can't understand why some people find some of those phrases annoying. But if anyone is interested in Finnish or Swedish irritating phrases, let me know.
:ooh:

I'll keeeeel you.

Ooh here's another irritating one: Wow.

fi aman allah
w'salaam

BlissfullyJaded
06-19-2009, 03:07 AM

Wow. Wow annoys you? :uuh: Well, I understand why... :skeleton:

Lol @ the guess what rant. :X

Al Zaara, go ahead, share please. :D

*charisma*
06-19-2009, 03:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

Wow. Wow annoys you? :uuh: Well, I understand why... :skeleton:

Lol @ the guess what rant. :X
Yeh, cuz it's said to intentionally make people feel really dumb..I won't lie tho I use it sometimes :D cuz people do say lots of dumb things, I just don't like it used on me muwahaha, hypocritical, I know *sigh*

and stop pickin on me imsad.

fi aman allah
wsalaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.