/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Forum's Who's Who

crayon
06-17-2009, 11:58 AM
I came across this site a while ago, found it very amusing, thought I would share. It's basically a description of the different yet recurring personalities you get online.

LINK

Browse through the different descriptions, and let us know which ones remind you of members here on LI.

Here are some I liked:

Admin is the janitor, the cop, the mayor, the judge and sometimes even the forum doctor who tends to Warriors injured in battle - in other words, Nanny on steroids. Because he runs the forum and sets the rules Admin has the power to pull the plug on any Warrior who gets a little too frisky. Sometimes his efforts are appreciated, but like any authority figure he is also resented - especially by Jerk, Evil Clown, Enfant Provocateur, Ego, Rebel Without a Clue, Yuk Yuk, Troller, and other Warriors who would like to turn the forum into their personal playground. Most Admins are generally fair and even handed, but the adage that absolute power corrupts absolutely is as true on the internet as it is anywhere else, and it is a rare Admin who can resist bringing the hammer down if seriously pressed by a determined foe. Sycophant and other suckups will also attach themselves to a strong Admin to form a defensive perimeter around him, and more often than not Admin's enemies will be driven off without him ever having to brandish his ax. CAUTION: Admin is the most powerful of all Warriors and drawing him into direct battle invites almost certain defeat. Rebel Leader does pose a limited threat to Admin's power by fomenting a revolt and causing forum members to jump ship

Big Cat would rather not fight...he enjoys peacefully observing forum conversations and laconically participates when the moods strikes. He playfully chases interesting threads, and from time to time uses a Newbie or Propellerhead as a convenient scratching post. He enjoys being stroked or petted, and tends to purr loudly. CAUTION: Don't be fooled by his fuzzy, playful exterior. When provoked, Big Cat reacts with lightning speed and almost always lands on his feet after an attack. Big Cat often indulges himself by toying with his victim before delivering his lethal blows.

Grammarian usually has little to contribute to a discussion and possesses few effective weapons. To compensate, he will point out minor errors in spelling and grammar. Because of Grammarian's obvious weakness most Warriors ignore him.

Troller is looking for a response...ANY response, and he will chum the waters with complaints, insults, compliments, and inflammatory tidbits hoping that someone...ANYONE, will take the bait. Generally quite harmless - practices a form of catch and release. Nonetheless, he can upset the delicate ecology of a discussion forum. Once a forum becomes aware of his presence, however, all feeding activity ceases and Troller must move on to more promising waters.
Loads more, post your favorites, and tell us who's who!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
06-17-2009, 12:21 PM
^^That's soo you :D

Alpha Dude? :p

Rebel Leader has an uncanny ability to upset the settled order of a discussion forum. Other Warriors may be excellent in single combat, but Rebel Leader's charisma, political instincts and verbal skills enable him to rally collective assaults powerful enough to overthrow the Royals and silence Cyber Sisters. Rebel Leader may draw allies from almost any of the other Warrior classes, but he can usually count on Loopy in the early stages of the conflict, and Sycophant after the revolution is well underway. Once the revolution has succeeded, however, Rebel Leader quickly loses interest in the cause. As is the case with false King-Fu Masters, the bones of wannabe Rebel Leaders litter the battlefields. .
or

Forums often contain one or more unacknowledged sub-societies, but everyone except the most clueless know that these groups exist and constantly feel their influence. Such alliances congeal because of similarities in ideas and attitudes, or for the desire for power and influence within the forum. Since human beings are hierarchical creatures each of these these little mafias always have a Godfather who is surrounded by a cadre of loyal henchmen. Unlike Rebel Leader, Issues, Furious Typer and other noisy Warriors, Godfather only occasionally deigns to enter into discussions, but when he does everyone listens to him respectfully and his pronouncements have an air of finality. Though Godfather himself never engages in battle, it is commonly understood that his utterances should not be challenged, and when an unsuspecting Newbie or ambitious wannabe mounts a challenge to his authority Godfather’s henchmen viciously silence or drive away the attacker.

I don't have to comment on this one :X

Cyber Sisters are an extremely fierce confederation of fighting females who act something like a shrill Greek chorus, echoing and amplifying one another's voice until their foes retreat in disarray. They are generally leaderless, but anyone who challenges one Cyber Sister can expect to be savagely attacked by the others. Only the most powerful and battle-hardened of Warriors is strong enough to weather a Cyber Sisters attack.

Güven
06-17-2009, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
But the crybaby is soooo u :rolleyes:
no way.

and this must be you too. :thumbs_up

Grammarian usually has little to contribute to a discussion and possesses few effective weapons. To compensate, he will point out minor errors in spelling and grammar. Because of Grammarian's obvious weakness most Warriors ignore him.

doorster
06-17-2009, 12:33 PM
meow!

}:-X

:w:

Atheist is Deacon's cyber-doppelganger. Deacon and Atheist hold equally fervent, though diametrically opposed beliefs about religion, and both feel compelled to share those beliefs at every possible opportunity.

Should an unsuspecting forum member make even a passing comment about faith or spirituality of any flavour, Atheist will descend like one of the Furies, mercilessly hectoring all of the ignorant and delusional believers about the sordid history of the church and the pernicious effects of religion on society.

After a few of Atheist’s anti-religious jeremiads most other Warriors will avoid the subject altogether, though Evil Clown may egg him on a little, and Philosopher may amuse himself by pointing out flaws in his reasoning.

If a forum has the misfortune of having both Deacon and Atheist as members, the bickering often continues until Nanny or Admin pulls the plug. Bliss Ninny can also sometimes squelch the conversation by saying, “Well, everyone has a right to their [sic] opinion.”

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabi'ya
06-17-2009, 12:42 PM
lol@ cybersisters rofl!!

crayon
06-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Love my cyber sisters, lol.;D

Whether through virtue, contributions, force of personality or sheer longevity certain forum participants will rise to form an aristocracy. While it is generally taboo to openly acknowledge the class distinctions, the hierarchy is well understood by all. While for the most part the Royals rule with magnanimity, they will not tolerate impertinence from the hoi polloi. It is their habit to remain aloof from petty squabbles among their subjects, but when full-scale war breaks out their intervention can be decisive.

Jerk is sarcastic, mean, unforgiving and never misses an opportunity to make a cutting remark. Jerk's repulsive personality quickly alienates other Warriors, and after some initial skirmishing he is usually ostracized. Still, Jerk is very happy to participate in electronic forums because in cyberspace he is free to be himself...without the risk of getting a real-time punch in the mouth

Howlers generally populate academic, technical or special interest forums. Newbies to such forums often wander in thinking they have found some devastating new argument or special insight on the forum topic on interest, but unless the forum has been recently formed an active discussion group will probably have heard and debated the argument at length. So instead of being welcomed into the bosom of the group the newcomer is forced to flee under a shower of invective.

Last one sounds familiar, eh?:p

egyptballer
06-18-2009, 12:21 AM
I have been this one before.

Diplomat butts into hot disputes, presuming that the combatants will welcome and appreciate his even-handed and eminently reasonable mediation. Frankly, he gets what he deserves.

I have seen one of these before.

Sycophant differs from Me-Too in that he is much more concerned with sucking up than he is with actually doing battle. Of course, he WILL engage in some light combat to impress Big Dog and other stronger Warriors, but he never exposes himself to unnecessary danger. Although combatants sometimes employ Sycophant to buttress an attack, his constantly shifting loyalties make him a weak and unreliable ally.

Yanal
06-18-2009, 12:26 AM
Which one is me?

جوري
06-18-2009, 12:43 AM
rofl these are hilarious.. I really like the athei/religio one and the cyber sisters.. although I usually enjoy working solo..

all of them hold true..

Yanal
06-18-2009, 12:46 AM
^ can you find mine?

جوري
06-18-2009, 12:50 AM
yanal.. can't you see that they are mostly insulting on some level? you are bound to not be happy with any choice..

just leave it be

جوري
06-18-2009, 12:53 AM
this one is great too

Be he a Baptist, Scientologist or Zoroastrian, in the heat of battle Deacon will call down Divine retribution on all net sinners, and will never miss an opportunity to blather endlessly about his religion. Deacon is fervent and earnest, but seldom contributes anything of interest or substance to the discussion. Occasionally Tireless Rebutter or Philosopher will rouse themselves engage Deacon in battle, but they soon lose interest because of his utter predictability.

جوري
06-18-2009, 12:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
^ can you find mine?

although if you must insist..

here you go:

For Ego, the discussion forum is all about him, and he regards discussions that stray from that topic as trivial dalliances. Although tolerant of an occasional shift in focus, Ego grows increasingly restive when the forum's attention shifts away from his interests, and he will often provoke conflict to reestablish himself as the subject at hand. E

Yanal
06-18-2009, 01:12 AM
OK I am satisfied.....

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-18-2009, 01:22 AM
:sl:

Ansar Al-'Adl:

Though Kung-Fu Masters are powerful Warriors, they generally choose not to fight. Many lesser Warriors delude themselves into thinking that they are masters of war, but few are the genuine article. The true Kung-Fu master fully appreciates his own superiority and is therefore unruffled by petty provocations. When forced to fight, however, he quickly crushes his opponent with devastating blows.

Ansar's many debate opponents:

Palooka will battle anyone, anytime, anywhere - he seems to love it, even though he always takes a beating. After a terrific pounding at the hands of, for example, Kung-Fu Master, he'll just struggle to his feet and wobble back into the ring. His astonishing ability to absorb punishment leads one to suspect that during his long Warrior career Palooka has taken a few too many punches. Often, as an act of mercy, Nanny will step in to stop the fight.

zAk: :X

Nanny
tirelessly monitors forum discussions to make sure that everyone behaves. Though he is quick to admonish for off-topic messages and petty squabbling, he is generally slow to anger. Rather than wading into pitched battles, Nanny simply pulling the plug on combatants and bans repeat offenders.Weaker Warriors such as Innocence Abused, Weenie and Crybaby will run to Nanny for protection in the midst of battle.

Alpha Dynasty:

Forums often contain one or more unacknowledged sub-societies, but everyone except the most clueless know that these groups exist and constantly feel their influence. Such alliances congeal because of similarities in ideas and attitudes, or for the desire for power and influence within the forum. Since human beings are hierarchical creatures each of these these little mafias always have a Godfather who is surrounded by a cadre of loyal henchmen. Unlike Rebel Leader, Issues, Furious Typer and other noisy Warriors, Godfather only occasionally deigns to enter into discussions, but when he does everyone listens to him respectfully and his pronouncements have an air of finality. Though Godfather himself never engages in battle, it is commonly understood that his utterances should not be challenged, and when an unsuspecting Newbie or ambitious wannabe mounts a challenge to his authority Godfather’s henchmen viciously silence or drive away the attacker.

Sisters of the Sister's Section? :X

Cyber Sisters are an extremely fierce confederation of fighting females who act something like a shrill Greek chorus, echoing and amplifying one another's voice until their foes retreat in disarray. They are generally leaderless, but anyone who challenges one Cyber Sister can expect to be savagely attacked by the others. Only the most powerful and battle-hardened of Warriors is strong enough to weather a Cyber Sisters attack.

egyptballer
06-18-2009, 01:33 AM
Who do you think this is?

Eagle Scout is a positive, constructive Warrior who endeavors to submit original articles which contain useful content and relevant information with supporting citations and links, thus initiating meaningful discussion threads. Eagle Scout regards the internet as an uplifting, egalitarian, worldwide arena for the exchange of ideas among intelligent, thinking individuals. He does not openly attack, but will (ever tactfully) chastise disruptive comments, gratuitous insults and cretinous insipidity. He is always kind and helpful to Newbie, and will shrug off even the most egregious insults. Eagle Scout is loathed with a poisonous intensity by Evil Clown, Jerk, Enfant Provocateur and Ego.

CAUTION: Sometimes Imposter, Evil Clown or Troller will masquerade as Eagle Scout. There have also been reports of Eagle Scout becoming Jekyl and Hyde.

Yanal you are probably..

As a forum participant Jekyll and Hyde always plays by the rules and is consistently cordial and helpful – a model netizen, until one day he comes completely uncorked and lashes out without warning. His unanticipated thunderbolts can temporarily rout even the sturdiest Warriors, and it often takes some time for his stunned opponents to mount a counter attack. Jekyll and Hyde’s sudden behavioral change may result from a psychotic episode, PMS, a downturn in the market, a surprise visit by the in-laws – or a session of hard drinking...

جوري
06-18-2009, 01:34 AM
so true about Ansar (Masha'Allah).. how did you ever find that? I combed through them and didn't see that.. used to read his debates to learn but after a while it was for the thrill of combat..

Ansar Al-'Adl:

Though Kung-Fu Masters are powerful Warriors, they generally choose not to fight. Many lesser Warriors delude themselves into thinking that they are masters of war, but few are the genuine article. The true Kung-Fu master fully appreciates his own superiority and is therefore unruffled by petty provocations. When forced to fight, however, he quickly crushes his opponent with devastating blows.

جوري
06-18-2009, 01:38 AM
and no the sister's section ain't like that dude.. the sisters here are sweet not freakin Medusa.. you dare challenge me on that?

egyptballer
06-18-2009, 01:49 AM
Who am I?

I think I am..

Big Cat would rather not fight...he enjoys peacefully observing forum conversations and laconically participates when the moods strikes. He playfully chases interesting threads, and from time to time uses a Newbie or Propellerhead as a convenient scratching post. He enjoys being stroked or petted, and tends to purr loudly. CAUTION: Don't be fooled by his fuzzy, playful exterior. When provoked, Big Cat reacts with lightning speed and almost always lands on his feet after an attack. Big Cat often indulges himself by toying with his victim before delivering his lethal blows.

What do you think?

GreyKode
06-18-2009, 01:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
so true about Ansar (Masha'Allah).. how did you ever find that? I combed through them and didn't see that.. used to read his debates to learn but after a while it was for the thrill of combat..
Wow.., can you kindly point me to one of his debates, maybe I can learn a thing or two.

جوري
06-18-2009, 01:56 AM
:sl:
here is a thread
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...testament.html

you can go into his profile and retrieve most of his posts.. I believe some of them were lost when there was a forum change?

Yanal
06-18-2009, 02:13 AM
Yeah Jazakamullah for that bro Egypt.

And Skye you left out the part where Ego can fight till death:D

جوري
06-18-2009, 02:14 AM
That is because I didn't think that part applied :D

Yanal
06-18-2009, 02:19 AM
I can fight..but with my age group....

Who do you think brother eHafiz is?

جوري
06-18-2009, 02:23 AM
I don't know yet.. hopefully khyer insha'Allah

Yanal
06-18-2009, 02:24 AM
Thank you bro Abd Al Rahmaan for complimenting our Dynasty.

I think Android is brother Abd Al Latif.

جوري
06-18-2009, 02:33 AM
I like this one.. do we have any computer geeks here who can reduce all computers to a heap while being gawky and awkward?

Propeller Head knows just about everything there is to know about computers and the internet, and is a little mystified that you don't. Often an inarticulate and clumsy fighter he is still much to be feared because with a few deft keystrokes he can reduce your computer to a smoking heap of ruined metal.

egyptballer
06-18-2009, 02:40 AM
I like this one.. do we have any computer geeks here who can reduce all computers to a heap while being gawky and awkward?
Take out the gawky and awkward and I'll take it.:)

eHafiz is probably

Whether through virtue, contributions, force of personality or sheer longevity certain forum participants will rise to form an aristocracy. While it is generally taboo to openly acknowledge the class distinctions, the hierarchy is well understood by all. While for the most part the Royals rule with magnanimity, they will not tolerate impertinence from the hoi polloi. It is their habit to remain aloof from petty squabbles among their subjects, but when full-scale war breaks out their intervention can be decisive.

But..Ehafiz still talks to the lower ranks.:rollseyes

egyptballer
06-18-2009, 02:42 AM
Since most of you don't know me you probably think I am..

Stealth prefers to go into battle disguised or heavily camouflaged, often using pseudonyms, anonymous mail servers and multiple e mail addresses. Operating from a position of anonymity he can launch vicious attacks with little fear of reprisals. Because of his cowardice Stealth is often dismissed by other Warriors as an unworthy adversary.

Yanal
06-18-2009, 02:48 AM
^ that could be Anonymous gender.

جوري
06-18-2009, 03:16 AM
I think I am this dude
but lovelier of course :D

Rebel Leader has an uncanny ability to upset the settled order of a discussion forum. Other Warriors may be excellent in single combat, but Rebel Leader's charisma, political instincts and verbal skills enable him to rally collective assaults powerful enough to overthrow the Royals and silence Cyber Sisters. Rebel Leader may draw allies from almost any of the other Warrior classes, but he can usually count on Loopy in the early stages of the conflict, and Sycophant after the revolution is well underway. Once the revolution has succeeded, however, Rebel Leader quickly loses interest in the cause. As is the case with false King-Fu Masters, the bones of wannabe Rebel Leaders litter the battlefields. .

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-18-2009, 03:20 AM
and no the sister's section ain't like that dude.. the sisters here are sweet not freakin Medusa.. you dare challenge me on that?

No :X

"They are generally leaderless, but anyone who challenges one Cyber Sister can expect to be savagely attacked by the others."

But then, I am Admin so..:P

I am joking btw :-[

جوري
06-18-2009, 03:27 AM
:lol: touché!

I rummaged through all of this and I could find a person for each of those.. it is only made more hilarious by its accuracy to real forum characters!

north_malaysian
06-18-2009, 03:29 AM
so many kind of peeps here... lol

جوري
06-18-2009, 03:33 AM
alot difficult to sort through all of them.. but I could imagine a forumer here for most of these lol..

this has been quite hilarious .. in good fun (of course) .. I sent my friend's character to her, she is not from this forum but on our college forum.. really quite hilarious.. doesn't matter the population I think you can find all of them in any forum you visit that has been active for sometime...

Beardo
06-18-2009, 03:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by egyptballer
Take out the gawky and awkward and I'll take it.:)

eHafiz is probably

But..Ehafiz still talks to the lower ranks.:rollseyes
LOL! :statisfie I actually enjoy PMs and e-mails.. Except I don't get any, sadly. So I go out on my own and PM people. imsad

egyptballer
06-18-2009, 03:35 AM
I think I am this dude
but lovelier of course
Of course...

:mmokay:

جوري
06-18-2009, 03:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by egyptballer
Of course...

:mmokay:
It is true dude..

جوري
06-18-2009, 06:27 AM

rofl.... how true.. but his poetry isn't insipid....
and generally the rest of the comments are offensive.. which I guess is the aim of these caricatures...

doorster
06-18-2009, 07:56 AM
I think I am this dude
but lovelier of course :D

awe... I so wanted to be "Big Cat" (but probably Loopy is more apt)

crayon
06-18-2009, 08:29 AM
Woodrow...? :D

In bygone days Ents roamed an internet paradise of purposeful forums, but in recent times Ents have grown quiet. Indeed, Ents are so rarely heard from these days that netizens have begun to doubt that they ever existed. Being privy to the secrets of the ancients Ents are an extremely powerful Warriors, and are all the more so because of the veneration in which they are held. Warriors who chop and burn an Ent in battle will not earn glory, but will instead incite the enmity of the entire forum.

glo
06-18-2009, 10:45 AM
This one tickled me:

For Tireless Rebutter there is no such thing as a trivial dispute. He regards all challenges as barbarians at the gates. His unflagging tenacity in making his points numbs and eventually wears down the opposition. Confident that his arguments are sound, Tireless Rebutter can't understand why he is universally loathed.

:D

egyptballer
06-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Ok I found myself here:

Garble is a mystery: Is he a foreigner with only tenuous grasp of English? Is he on drugs? Does he suffer a serious mental debility? Is he typing wearing boxing gloves? Garble's rampant typos, malapropisms and execrable grammar can't be blamed solely on poor typing skills. Garble is all the more puzzling because if one manages to hack his way through the tangled muddle of his messages a discernable idea will often emerge. For example, in a forum discussion about a painting he might say, "Sorry the picchr the har is wrog. The culir. I liike the lips bot teh Paintng is sucs". When someone refers to his random capitalization Garble might say something like, "oPS i HITTED THE CAPDLOCK". Garble drives Grammarian and Nitpick absolutely nuts, but he disdains all efforts at correction, and if complaints persist he will indignantly sign exit saying, "yuor forum si stupef. bYE!" HINT: Garble may be Net Rat.

I hope I don't have that grammar.:rollseyes

جوري
06-18-2009, 05:58 PM
another good one:

Issues has an issue and she won't rest until it becomes your issue, too. Even when she's not talking about her issue it's clear she would rather be talking about her issue. Something of a secular evangelist, he religion, her raison d'etre, her abiding passion is....well, her issue. Not exclusive to any ideological orientation, her issue could be the environment, abortion rights, raw foods, breast feeding, whatever. Her obsession, however, provides the key to defeating her in battle; she can't tolerate indifference, so if her thrusts are simply ignored she will rage, accuse, condemn, plead and finally, go away.

Al-Zaara
06-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Hahaha... ;D Hilarious! Thanks crayon!

جوري
06-18-2009, 06:06 PM
I had somebody none-Muslim mind.. sr crayon is a sweetheart :D

glo
06-18-2009, 06:08 PM
^
I think Al-Zaara is thanking sister crayon for starting this funny thread. :)

Yanal
06-18-2009, 06:09 PM
The one Abd Al Rahmaan about zak may not be true now,it could be the new head admin since he is often online now.

Clover
06-18-2009, 06:14 PM
I guess I could be the guy who teaches everyone how to grow corn.

Al-Zaara
06-18-2009, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
^
I think Al-Zaara is thanking sister crayon for starting this funny thread. :)
Yes, she is, did someone think otherwise? :X

Alpha Dude is Weenie or Crybaby. Of those only am I sure.

Güven
06-18-2009, 06:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Alpha Dude is Weenie or Crybaby. Of those only am I sure.
No, he is not.

Al-Zaara
06-18-2009, 06:18 PM
You dream on. :D

Clover
06-18-2009, 06:23 PM

Philosopher can actually be quite knowledgeable on a variety of subjects. Somewhat humorless and aloof, he is also slow to anger, and when he deigns to join in the fray he is considerate of other opinions. His fighting tactics are direct and uncomplicated - he smothers the opposition with his ponderous and lengthy cogitations. Only the strongest and most patient Warriors can survive an extended battle with Philosopher.

I am hoping to become this someday, but I already know a few on the internet, no names though :argue:

Yanal
06-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Guven that is our Alpha Dynasty!

Al-Zaara
06-18-2009, 06:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
I am hoping to become this someday, but I already know a few on the internet, no names though :argue:
Hopefully you will and we'll be able to see the change. :D

I liked the Philosopher the best too.

Muezzin
06-18-2009, 06:29 PM

Evil Clown is very quick with a joke, but his jests always have a barb. He has little patience for in-depth discussions and will often disrupt exchanges between serious forum participants by introducing irrelevant topics, fatuous quips, and offhand comments. His greatest thrill is to taunt and humiliate weaker or more plodding Warriors with his snappy ripostes. Not a particularly powerful Warrior, Evil Clown will attempt to avoid defeat by accusing his attacker of having no sense of humor.

It's like one of my personal references.

Yanal
06-18-2009, 06:32 PM
The Evil Clown can be zAk too.

The Ruler
06-18-2009, 06:33 PM
The Evil Clown can be zAk too.
Heh, no. He never was evil.

Al-Zaara
06-18-2009, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
Heh, no. He never was evil.
True.

The Ruler
06-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Alfalf nee-san yo... I found the you that you are. Look:

Weenie is a very sensitive guy, and it angers and saddens him that everyone isn't just as sensitive as he. An admitted male feminist, Weenie is ever vigilant against anti-progressive attitudes. Though he seldom comes into personal contact with the working classes, he keenly feels the pain of their oppression nonetheless . Weenie's chief antagonists are Troglodyte, Evil Clown, Capitalista and sometimes Ideologue. Because of his natural petulance Weenie can easily be goaded into battle, but he is encumbered by a tendency to throw temper tantrums when severely pressed.

Yanal
06-18-2009, 06:39 PM
and insh'Allah will never be evil.

Al-Zaara
06-18-2009, 06:42 PM
Alfalf nee-san yo... I found the you that you are.
I said the same just a few posts ago. He refuses to see himself in it.

جوري
06-18-2009, 06:44 PM
I find weenie more in concert with this gay chap we had a while ago (forgot his name) eventually he did throw one big temper tantrum that had him banned.. and boy was I glad of it, because he was sending me death wishes by PM...

The Ruler
06-18-2009, 06:44 PM
You're a sycophant.

Zii, ho? But no one cares what a weenie thinks, right?

جوري
06-18-2009, 06:45 PM
You're a sycophant.

Zii, ho? But no one cares what a weenie thinks, right?

:haha: that was my first choice but I thought it too offensive...maybe a combo of ego and sycophant..

glo
06-18-2009, 06:46 PM
I.. and boy was I glad of it, because he was sending me death wishes by PM...
Seriously??
Receiving death wishes in internet forums, that takes some doing! :D

The Ruler
06-18-2009, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
That can't be right. I'm a staunch anti-feminist.
I thought of excluding it... But it felt like too much work. So I included it anyway.

Al-Zaara
06-18-2009, 06:47 PM
I find weenie more in concert with this gay chap we had a while ago (forgot his name) eventually he did throw one big temper tantrum that had him banned.. and boy was I glad of it, because he was sending me death wishes by PM...
And what did you that time say or do to beat someone so much to the ground that they just wished your death? Sigh, with you Skye.

Scrap that, he was probably mental. :D

Al-Zaara
06-18-2009, 06:50 PM
Ru-chan, right.

You're a sycophant.
:haha: that was my first choice but I thought it too offensive...maybe a combo of ego and sycophant..
Those and Fanboy.

جوري
06-18-2009, 06:50 PM
And what did you that time say or do to beat someone so much to the ground that they just wished your death? Sigh, with you Skye.

Scrap that, he was probably mental. :D

you are right I tormented him.. I have this way about me.. when me and sis were driving the other day, she screamed 'fascist' in protest of me of course wasn't the first time I heard that either but I did tell her that I have been called worst..
although I often fancied myself as a delicate flower :D I appear otherwise from the feedback I get ;D

جوري
06-18-2009, 06:52 PM
Ru-chan, right.

Those and Fanboy.
lol.. are we allowed to have this much fun with this? :D
between the behind the scence and the ingratiation to new admin for a position in modsville .. I don't see it possible to think outside that combo
ego/fan/sycophant

glo
06-18-2009, 06:53 PM
I wonder if you are a delicate flower deep down, Skye ... you just hide it well! :D

The Ruler
I saw this, and doorster came to mind:

Pinko has an angry, almost genetic loathing for privilege, greed, social exploitation, racism, sexism, homophobia, pro-lifers, the religious right, environmental degradation, the NRA, US imperialism, multinational corporations, big business, Republicans in general and George Bush in particular. Pinko openly admires Oliver Stone, Noam Chomsky and Michael Moore and anyone else who is critical of the US government and bourgeois culture. She ardently believes there is no enormity of which the United States is incapable and regards its entire history as an unbroken legacy of avarice, deceit and injustice. Though Issues, Weenie, Fragile Femme and sometimes Ideologue will defend Pinko in battle, her extremely predictable and tedious attacks eventually exhaust even those inclined to support her.

Al-Zaara
you are right I tormented him.. I have this way about me.. when me and sis were driving the other day, she screamed 'fascist' in protest of me of course wasn't the first time I heard that either but I did tell her that I have been called worst..
although I often fancied myself as a delicate flower :D I appear otherwise from the feedback I get ;D
Hahaha, your poor sister, haha! ;D

A delicate, beautiful flower... with huge fangs and claws. :D

جوري
06-18-2009, 06:56 PM
rofl..
I do see me as big dog but without the me too..
I have been laughing so hard since yesterday because of this thread, my mom came in to check on me several times to make sure I haven't finally snapped ;D

alcurad
06-18-2009, 06:57 PM
^:D

I like Philosopher, so,,who/what do if it??

جوري
06-18-2009, 06:58 PM
I saw this, and doorster came to mind:

Pinko has an angry, almost genetic loathing for privilege, greed, social exploitation, racism, sexism, homophobia, pro-lifers, the religious right, environmental degradation, the NRA, US imperialism, multinational corporations, big business, Republicans in general and George Bush in particular. Pinko openly admires Oliver Stone, Noam Chomsky and Michael Moore and anyone else who is critical of the US government and bourgeois culture. She ardently believes there is no enormity of which the United States is incapable and regards its entire history as an unbroken legacy of avarice, deceit and injustice. Though Issues, Weenie, Fragile Femme and sometimes Ideologue will defend Pinko in battle, her extremely predictable and tedious attacks eventually exhaust even those inclined to support her.
rofl
ah man this is hilarious though I thought she was more in concert with our dear member ninth scribe.. haven't seen ninth scribe for a while.. I hope she is well insha'Allah

Güven
06-18-2009, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
^:D

I like Philosopher, so,,who/what do if it??
We don't like philosophers.

alcurad
06-18-2009, 07:01 PM
^ah, i like that guy too, but i don't usually feel like fighting, :)

جوري
06-18-2009, 07:07 PM
I can think of two newbies who fit this one

Acne constantly whines about how, like... his life and everything really sucks and stuff. Usually a middle class teenager with an allowance, unlimited access to a computer and WAY too much time on his hands. Acne's vague existential arguments about the meaningless of life and emptiness of existence are culled from the lyrics of the 20 gigs of MP3s he has squirreled away on his hard drive.

Muezzin
06-18-2009, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven

Here's a video illustration of this archetype:

Media Tags are no longer supported

The Ruler
06-18-2009, 07:16 PM

Islamified Leader of the LI Mafia:

EDIT: I'm thinking Brother Muhammad.

Clover
06-18-2009, 07:17 PM
I do not know how people get them ideas about you. I consider you as beatiful as a Japanese Lily Tree at late bloom.

*Is glad she didn't pull the grenade pin, cause he typed her a good sentence* lol

alcurad
06-18-2009, 07:18 PM
:rollseyes

doorster
06-18-2009, 07:20 PM
is there one for someone who thinks that Nero is fiddling while Rome is burning?

Zafran
06-18-2009, 07:22 PM
salaam

these ring heavily true lol.

peace

جوري
06-18-2009, 07:24 PM

rofl .. how did you manage that? the flower is over the top ;D

p.s thank you everyone for your kind comments (which we know was echoed from the grace within you) insha'Allah, I'll get my rep powers back and pass the love :statisfie

Güven
06-18-2009, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkWoF_ojHoc
lol Ive seen that movie , Great scene! :D

LOL that's nicely done but you didn't had to put the flower there though <_<

The Ruler
06-18-2009, 07:38 PM
The other guy had hankie in his... And I thought that akhi Muhammad needed something in his pocket too. The flower, I thought, was a good addition.

Yanal
06-18-2009, 09:15 PM
^ it was. Shows love.

JazakAllah Khayr for the nice comments. Skye,Al Zaara and The Ruler.

crayon
06-18-2009, 09:17 PM
I can think of two newbies who fit this one

Acne constantly whines about how, like... his life and everything really sucks and stuff. Usually a middle class teenager with an allowance, unlimited access to a computer and WAY too much time on his hands. Acne's vague existential arguments about the meaningless of life and emptiness of existence are culled from the lyrics of the 20 gigs of MP3s he has squirreled away on his hard drive.
Haha yes, I can also think of some.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkWoF_ojHoc
Coolest psychopath ever.
And I figured out his murder weapon of choice the first time we see it, it made me feel special.

I agree, I find the philosopher character annoying...'bala falsafeh', as we say in arabic.

Oh, and I totally agree, Alpha is totally Weenie, haha.;D

This one reminded me of glo, lol, just the beginning part of it though. :p

Bliss Ninny doesn't understand why people just can't get along. While it is entirely unintentional, Bliss Ninny's utterly vacuous comments can drive the more pugnacious Warriors into a frenzy of aggression. Often in the heat of battle Bliss Ninny will discuss her cat.

glo
06-18-2009, 09:19 PM
^
LOL
I'll consider discussing my cat. Why didn't I think of that myself??! :D

crayon
06-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Do you have a cat?! If so, then discuss away!:p

glo
06-18-2009, 09:22 PM
I just remembered ... I have no cat!

Either I have to get one or invent one ... :D

جوري
06-18-2009, 09:54 PM

Hugo anyone?

Pithy Phrase is a walking compendium of famous quotations and wise adages. Of course, he will never add anything original to the discussion, but because most discussion forums communicate through email he can take his time to thumb through books of quotes and find les mots justes for every situation. Er...didn't Winston Churchill say, "It's a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations."? Digital forums are a gift to the slow witted (I said that)

egyptballer
06-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Yanal
^ can you find mine?
although if you must insist..

here you go:

For Ego, the discussion forum is all about him, and he regards discussions that stray from that topic as trivial dalliances. Although tolerant of an occasional shift in focus, Ego grows increasingly restive when the forum's attention shifts away from his interests, and he will often provoke conflict to reestablish himself as the subject at hand. E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanal
You're a sycophant.
that was my first choice but I thought it too offensive...maybe a combo of ego and sycophant..
between the behind the scence and the ingratiation to new admin for a position in modsville .. I don't see it possible to think outside that combo
ego/fan/sycophant

Why are you all picking on Yanal?

You guys are all:

A Swarm hive is almost impossible to detect. When a hapless victim stumbles on a forum that houses a Swarm and disturbs it with an offending message, the Swarm will erupt and fly at their victim from all directions. Taken one at a time the irrelevant, often mindless individual attacks can be easily brushed aside, but because of the sheer volume of the assault even the strongest Warriors must eventually yield. WARNING: Only those who are highly skilled in Swarm management techniques should attempt to wade into a Swarm hive. but even with protective clothing opposing Warriors should expect to suffer a few stings.

جوري
06-18-2009, 10:15 PM
but has asked to be identified around page two or so... I mean you are setting yourself up when you make such a request no? ;D

egyptballer
06-18-2009, 10:17 PM
but has asked to be identified around page two or so... I mean you are setting yourself up when you make such a request no?
I think I am gonna be attacked by the swarm too.Better hide.

:><:

Tony
06-18-2009, 10:25 PM
cant find me, do i exist ?

Banu_Hashim
06-18-2009, 10:25 PM
LOL. These are hilarious. They describe every possible personality.

Banu_Hashim
06-18-2009, 10:29 PM

Big Dog is a bully who doesn't hesitate to use his superior strength to intimidate other combatants. Big Dog may be smart, articulate or just plain mean, but in any case he is a remorseless fighter, brutally ripping into even the weakest of combatants. Once Big Dog securely fastens his powerful jaws on a hapless victim, Me-Too will join the attack. Me-Too is far too weak and insecure to engage in single combat, and must ally himself with Big Dog or a pack of other Warriors to bring down his quarry.
Hmm... Who do you reckon best fits this one? I'm thinking of a couple of people. :X

Yanal
06-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Yeah and you barely gave me a warning..I was about to say never mind but you already posted it..and I only asked you didnt ask for your whole gang to respond.

The Ruler
06-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Which one is me?
That question was aimed at anyone and everyone willing to answer it, no?

Banu_Hashim
06-18-2009, 10:33 PM

Blowhard feels the need to present his credentials before entering the fray - even if they are irrelevant to the discussion. For example, in a movie forum conflict he might attempt to settle the matter by saying, "As a Ph. D. candidate in particle physics I believe I can say with some authority that the 'Beavis and Butthead' movie represents the emergence of a new cultural paradigm." Huh?

^ lol @ explanation

Yanal
06-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Please Quote whole post. And reread the few posts above that and who I was referring to with this "^".

Danah
06-18-2009, 10:36 PM
very funny thread....thanks for sharing

I wonder what kind of users I will be....there are many options to look at :rollseyes

The Ruler
06-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Please Quote whole post. And reread the few posts above that and who I was referring to with this "^".
That was the whole post. After you posted that... And no one replied, you asked sister Skye in particular.

The Ruler
06-18-2009, 10:46 PM
Nice one. Funny. But I feel as though your whining quality is blinding in that post of yours.

The Ruler
06-18-2009, 10:51 PM
What's that? I can't quite hear you over your sulking.
I wasn't aware of the fact that sulking was onomatopoeic. Perhaps in a whiner's case, it is. Because that's what you do when you whine, when you sulk, when you're sad, when you're angry... when you're Lady Alpha.

Yanal
06-18-2009, 10:51 PM
I asked her especially..not you.

Muezzin
06-18-2009, 10:55 PM
Now, now, children.

The Ruler
06-18-2009, 10:55 PM
I asked her especially..not you.
But what about this post, Yanal dear? When you posted that, Skye hadn't posted at all in this thread. It was after you posted asking for someone to tell you who were, that Skye posted in this thread. I wonder if you had a premonition?

crayon
06-18-2009, 10:58 PM

Archivist saves and squirrels away each and every discussion forum message. Do you remember having a bad day back in 1996 when in one of your messages you may have said a few things that were...well, perhaps a little...hasty? Don't worry, Archivist still has it and will post it to the forum if you begin to get the upper hand in battle. Archivist can be a very effective and fearsome Warrior.

Ehm... Moving on..:><:

جوري
06-18-2009, 10:59 PM
time to

all threads after Br. Banu_Hashim-- come on you guys.. this is supposed to be in good fun..

leaves before she is badly beaten in the midst

Yanal
06-18-2009, 11:00 PM
The ruler that was a request to someone and sister Skye answered it. And I asked for one opinion not two others.

جوري
06-18-2009, 11:01 PM
bas khlas

Muezzin ..pls. do your thing...

crayon
06-18-2009, 11:03 PM
Got a little Nanny in you, sis skye? :p

Although it may be difficult to believe, she's not talking about you Alpha..;D
I was going to be mean but decided not to. Ah the pains of being nice.

جوري
06-18-2009, 11:05 PM
No, I think half the forum would be gone if I had a little Nanny I am very suspicious by nature and especially don't like

Lurker does not participate in normal forum discourse, but he's out there...watching, reading every message. He is usually quite harmless, and more often than not his silence reflects a natural reticence rather than sinister motives. If a fight breaks out he will quietly observe to avoid revealing his position. Occasionally, however, some mysterious impulse drives him to de-lurk and attack. This totally unexpected assault is universally regarded as an ambush, and other Warriors will turn on him savagely. Lurker seldom sticks around to fight it out, however, and after a brief exchange, he once again slips out of sight.

Danah
06-18-2009, 11:06 PM
bas khlas

Muezzin ..pls. do your thing...
^ lol...the ultimate solution for such situation, eh?

جوري
06-18-2009, 11:08 PM
No, seriously. I'm only messing and she knows it. I hope. :><:

I am sure she does :D

Banu_Hashim
06-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Sneaky...

Therapist can be a highly annoying and therefore very effective Warrior. Instead of making a frontal attack, Therapist attempts to shift the focus of the conflict to the combatants' psychological motivations and problems. He will freely speculate about other Warriors' insecurities, personalities and relationships, but he will almost never directly engage the subject of the dispute. CAUTION: Evil Clown, Imposter and Troller often masquerade as Therapist.

Yanal
06-18-2009, 11:11 PM
I might be a Nanny...or have a little of him in me:X

Banu_Hashim
06-18-2009, 11:12 PM
Why do all Italian Mafia bosses look like they've got too many marshmallows into their mouths' ?

Yanal
06-18-2009, 11:15 PM
They actually are eating Paan...

Banu_Hashim
06-18-2009, 11:17 PM
^haha, that would explain it!

The Ruler
06-18-2009, 11:34 PM
grows up loathing the fact that she's of the inferior gender. Although not quite a man wannabe, she will admit to wanting to address herself in the masculine in order to attain the same level of respect that men achieve by just being men (e.g. wanting to be referred to as king instead of queen).
I think we could also add "wanting to be referred to as Alpha Dude instead of Beta Dudette" to the list.

format_quote Originally Posted by Nee-san
Oh, don't worry guys. Like women, grouches can take jokes.
Hai.

Güven
06-18-2009, 11:35 PM
No, seriously. I'm only messing and she knows it. I hope. :><:
need any help ?

Okaaay enough using this for today :X

egyptballer
06-19-2009, 03:47 AM
wasn't aware of the fact that sulking was onomatopoeic. Perhaps in a whiner's case, it is. Because that's what you do when you whine, when you sulk, when you're sad, when you're angry... when you're Lady Alpha.
Reminds me of ...

Profundus Maximus eagerly holds forth on all subjects, but his thin knowledge will not support a sustained assault and therefore his attacks quickly peter out. Profundus Maximus often uses big words, obscure terms and...ahem...even Latin to bluff his way through battle..
:X

جوري
06-19-2009, 04:16 AM
I like this one too... reminds me of a dearly departed banned member (resident on world affairs 24/7) and seemingly without a day job or night job (unless of course his job was to write nonsense on one forum)..

Troglodyte seems to have emerged from the mists of time untouched by human evolution. Devoid of a single progressive idea and lacking the slightest awareness of social and cultural advances, Troglodyte has developed an incoherent political philosophy that he characterizes as "conservative" or "libertarian", but which could be more accurately described as "bigoted narcissism". His aggressive posturing often frightens off weaker, more timid Warriors. In pitched battle, however, Troglodyte easily loses control and his attack quickly degenerates into a rant. Just for the fun of it, Weenie, Issues. Pinko and Evil Clown will sometimes deliberately goad him into a towering rage.

جوري
06-19-2009, 04:18 AM
we have one libby on this forum me thinkus (qingu)

The most common variants of Ideologue are conservative and liberal. Smug and self satisfied in their certitudes, Ideologue's opinions are merely a loose collection of intellectual conceits, and e is genuinely astonished, bewildered and and indignant that his views are not universally embraced as the Truth. He regards the opposing point of view as a form of cognitive dissonance whose only cure is relentless propagandizing and browbeating. The conservative iteration of Ideologue parades himself as a logical, clear thinker, while the liberal version trumpets his higher level of mental, spiritual and social awareness. Troglodyte is the natural ally of conservative Ideologue, and for liberal Ideologue it is Weenie. Ideologue is a fierce, but very predictable Warrior..

Yanal
06-19-2009, 05:31 AM
Who is qingu?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.