/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Any Black Muslim Brother on this Board?

Muhseen
06-17-2009, 01:21 PM
:sl:

Hope everyone is doing just great.

I'm a member on numerous discussion forums. Though it's just nowadays that I frequent coming to Islamic forums, thats after discovering the fact that we are nearly left behind, especially my fellow African, talk less on Nigerian Muslims.

As a newbie, I want to know if there are/is any member of my race. But please, don't miscalculate my stand as being racist. Nope. Just wanna ask. And moreover, this sort of discussion is currently going on in one of the forums I've a register.

Muhseen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
06-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Yes there is brother, quite a few somalian muslims here I think

Muhseen
06-17-2009, 02:08 PM
Where are you, fellows? Nobody from any other country apart from Somalia?

crayon
06-17-2009, 02:12 PM
Wa alaikum asalam,

There used to be an brother who was originally Eritrean on the forums, but he left a while ago.

Anyhoo, I'm not black, or a brother, but I am muslim. :p Welcome to the forums, akhi fi Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhseen
06-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Thanks, sister Crayon.
Hope it wasn't you who banned him.:X

crayon
06-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Haha no, I haven't got the power to ban anyone alhamdullilah (or else I would have gone ban crazy hehehe...):><:

He's not banned though, just left the forum on his own.

Muhseen
06-17-2009, 02:48 PM
I was just kidding. So put your nerves at rest.:laugh:

salafy_masry
06-17-2009, 05:03 PM
we alikum esalam ..

welcome to the forum .. hope you enjoy it like i am .. till now !!!! :)

Whatsthepoint
06-17-2009, 06:11 PM
what bout African American Muslims?

Muhseen
06-18-2009, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
what bout African American Muslims?
They are not purely Africans. And they don't regard themselves as such. Do they?

egyptballer
06-18-2009, 03:41 PM
What do you regard as African American?I am from Egypt which is in Africa and I live in America.Yet most people don't consider me African American.

ardianto
06-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Welcome to the forum brother Muhseen.:)

Maybe you are the first Black Muslim from western Africa in this forum. And I hope you will not become the only or the last western African in here. You can tell other western Africa people about this forum and invite along them to join.

I am Indonesian, my race is malayan mongoloid, my skin color is light brown. Other members have darker or lighter skin color, and our skin color difference makes the world so colorfull. Right ?.

Whatsthepoint
06-18-2009, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by egyptballer
What do you regard as African American?I am from Egypt which is in Africa and I live in America.Yet most people don't consider me African American.
Black Americans whose ancestry was brought there as slaves.

Muhseen
06-18-2009, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by egyptballer
Although I see your question was responded to, I would like to add a few more words. Those who are considered as African-American are those whose for-fathers were brought up there as slaves. Or those who were born by African parents or mixed, i.e an American mother/father and African mother/father, e.g. Obama.:D

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Welcome to the forum brother Muhseen.:)

Maybe you are the first Black Muslim from western Africa in this forum. And I hope you will not become the only or the last western African in here. You can tell other western Africa people about this forum and invite along them to join.

I am Indonesian, my race is malayan mongoloid, my skin color is light brown. Other members have darker or lighter skin color, and our skin color difference makes the world so colorfull. Right ?.
Thank you very much for welcoming me aboard.
And, inshaAllah I'll invite my friends, for I understand the forum is a worthy place to be.
By the way, have you ever visited Africa? Not only you anyone here?
Thanks once again.

aadil77
06-18-2009, 04:30 PM
I've never been, I've got friends from kenya, zambia and malawi. A friend from malawi has recently gone to tanzania and I've just seen pics of the place and mashAllah the beaches look beautiful

ardianto
06-18-2009, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhseen
Thank you very much for welcoming me aboard.
And, inshaAllah I'll invite my friends, for I understand the forum is a worthy place to be.
By the way, have you ever visited Africa? Not only you anyone here?
Thanks once again.
Insha Allah, I will visit Africa.
Are you Nigerian ?. I have meet a Nigerian who studied in my city. He can speaks Indonesian.
And you can ask my wife "What was your husband's favourite footbal team in France 98 ?". She will answer "Nigeria, of course. He was dancing in the living room when Nigeria won over Spain !".

Banu_Hashim
06-18-2009, 05:23 PM
I don't think there's a country in Africa where you won't find Muslims.

See : Islam in Africa

Muhseen
06-19-2009, 10:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Insha Allah, I will visit Africa.
Are you Nigerian ?. I have meet a Nigerian who studied in my city. He can speaks Indonesian.
And you can ask my wife "What was your husband's favourite footbal team in France 98 ?". She will answer "Nigeria, of course. He was dancing in the living room when Nigeria won over Spain !".
Lol:D Thats very funny.
Yeah, am a Nigerian, a Hausa by tribe.
We're waiting for you, Akhi.:)

format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
I don't think there's a country in Africa where you won't find Muslims.

See : Islam in Africa
This is very true. For instance in my country, being the populists in Africa with about 150 million inhabitants, nearly 65% are Muslims.

Strzelecki
06-20-2009, 01:32 AM
Insha'Allah. I hope to visit Africa in the future. :)

I myself am not African, though.

Salam ahkee.
Welcome to LI.

Muhseen
06-20-2009, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the welcoming, Sayf Udeen.

You'll be welcome.

Sahabiyaat
06-20-2009, 03:53 PM

:D Welcome to the forum.

ooo africa. maybe you can put sum pics up of where u live?

Cabdullahi
06-20-2009, 06:31 PM
nobody told him about me??! :(

ragdollcat1982
06-20-2009, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhseen
They are not purely Africans. And they don't regard themselves as such. Do they?
The poltically correct term here in America is African American. However most blacks now are mixed of both African and European ancestry as it was not uncommon for slave women and their white masters to have sexual liasons and off spring did result. Sometimes they were so light that they could pass for white.

Muhseen
06-23-2009, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat

:D Welcome to the forum.

ooo africa. maybe you can put sum pics up of where u live?
Thanks. Why?

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
nobody told him about me??! :(
Then you can tell me about yourself. LOL:D

format_quote Originally Posted by ragdollcat1982
The poltically correct term here in America is African American. However most blacks now are mixed of both African and European ancestry as it was not uncommon for slave women and their white masters to have sexual liasons and off spring did result. Sometimes they were so light that they could pass for white.
I know the term is African-American. And thats why I told him they are not Africans.

:thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.