/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Best of Men

Mujahidah4Allah
06-18-2009, 09:32 AM
:sl:

Just wanted to share with all, please can you vote for Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلّم) as 'The Best of Men'.. well 'Man'

http://www.bestofmen.org/

wa/salam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
06-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Strange selection of potentials ... :?

I voted.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-18-2009, 08:53 PM

I voted :)

Yanal
06-18-2009, 09:03 PM
I voted Muhammad(PBUH).

But the results come out in early Feb 2010.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul Fattah
06-18-2009, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo

I voted.
They say this is the final round? So the selection of potentials is probably determined by the voters?

glo
06-18-2009, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Fattah
They say this is the final round? So the selection of potentials is probably determined by the voters?
Yes, that would make sense.

Tony
06-18-2009, 10:46 PM
voted

glo
06-19-2009, 03:18 AM
Out of interest, from an Islamic perspective why exactly would you consider prophet Muhammed a 'better man' than prophet Isa? :?
(Perhaps this question deserved a thread of its own. Mods, could you move it, if you think so?)

Clover
06-19-2009, 03:24 AM
Wow....Neither of my top 2 are on there. Confucius, Lao Tzu...thats a crapy poll.

My top 5 would be:

1. Lao Tzu
2. Confucius
3. Buddha
4. Aristotle
5. Einstein or Archimedes

I voted for Buddha.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Out of interest, from an Islamic perspective why exactly would you consider prophet Muhammed a 'better man' than prophet Isa? :?
(Perhaps this question deserved a thread of its own. Mods, could you move it, if you think so?)
We wouldn't. As a Muslim, they both are great Prophets(pbut) of Allah. But we are assuming Jesus is being protrayed in the Christian theological concept? I was stuck between them both, but figured Prophet Muhammad(Saw) is there and so it being associated with Islam technically, in this poll...well that's what I think.

glo
06-19-2009, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
We wouldn't. As a Muslim, they both are great Prophets(pbut) of Allah.
Thank you for that. So would you see Jesus as no lesser man/role model/prophet than Muhammed?

But we are assuming Jesus is being portrayed in the Christian theological concept?
Not necessarily. Indeed the poll asks for 'the best man' rather than 'the best Son of God'. :)

I was stuck between them both, but figured Prophet Muhammad(Saw) is there and so it being associated with Islam technically, in this poll...well that's what I think.
So would you say it is more of a 'political vote' - to demonstrate support for your religion?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Thank you for that. So would you see Jesus as no lesser man/role model/prophet than Muhammed?
Yes, no less than each other, since they(pbut) did happen to bring the same message and were the best of men.
Not necessarily. Indeed the poll asks for 'the best man' rather than 'the best Son of God'. :)
Yes you are right! Silly me. I wish though I could choose two people. But since Prophet Muhammad(saw) is to be the Final Messenger and meant to be our role model for how we live our lives as Muslims. So this would be why we(in my opinion) would pick Muhammad(saw). He(saw) is the most beloved of Allah...but not to negate that all the Prophets(pbut) were wonderful in the sight of Allah.

So would you say it is more of a 'political vote' - to demonstrate support for your religion?
Well I will say no because it shouldn't be anything political...just an honest and sincere vote :) Maybe political wouldn't be right, in this case :D

Tony
06-19-2009, 08:06 PM

I voted.
yes shaekespeaer was a syphlitic con man

TrueStranger
07-12-2009, 07:24 AM
Salaam Aliakum brother and sisters.

The BestofMen.org is pleased to announce that the following 10 candidates have been nominated for the final round of the Best of Men of All times. The listing is in alphabetical order, and visitors can vote for any one of them as the Best of Men. Winner and results will be announced on 02/02/2010. Voters may find a breif history of the candidates in the Profile section.
http://www.bestofmen.org/

Prophet Mohamed (PBUH) is on the list, so please take the time to vote and encourage other Muslims to vote as well. I don't think that title belongs to anyone else but the beloved of Allah (PBUH)

Salaam Aliakum :D

Vote......

Yanal
07-12-2009, 07:38 AM

I have seen this thread before.Insha'Allah I will see if I can find it and provide a link so a moderator can merge it.

:w:

TrueStranger
07-12-2009, 07:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal

I have seen this thread before.Insha'Allah I will see if I can find it and provide a link so a moderator can merge it.

:w:
Thanks. Oops didn't know someone else made it already.

_PakistaN_
07-12-2009, 08:42 AM
We don't really have to vote for the best man. We already know who he is.

AabiruSabeel
07-12-2009, 11:33 AM
:threadmrg

sirajstc
07-22-2009, 07:39 AM
no need to proof he is the best :)

- Qatada -
08-30-2009, 08:02 PM
:salamext:

Asalamu alaykum Brothers and Sisters,

www.bestofmen.org

I pray that Ramadhan is going well for everybody and that they are doing all they can to gain the goodness this blessed has to offer. Remain steadfast and encourage others insha'Allah.

The website mentioned above has an online research going on, regarding the best man loved by most poeple in the world. The results are to be announced on the 2nd February 2010. There are 10 nominees, OUR BELOVED PROPHET MUHAMMAD S.A.W. is also on the list. Please go and visit this site because I think it is important for us to show the world how important Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. is and how much he is loved my his Ummah.

Please share this information to other sites so we able to expand and maximise this voting. Insha'Allah if Prophet Muhammad S.A.W is voting number one then people will want to see why whats special about this person thus causing them to research and gaining some insight into his live and hopefully changing there own. Remember knowledge starts small and only increases.

Come on Brothers and Sisters We knowthe prophet is number one so lets show the world!!!!

JazakAllah Khair for taking time to read this.

zakirs
08-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Bump!

done :)

GuestFellow
08-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Yes I voted.

Hayaa
08-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Got my vote ^_^

zakirs
08-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Yes, no less than each other, since they(pbut) did happen to bring the same message and were the best of men.
Agreed.All prophets (pbut) are the best of the people ever to step on earth.We are so negligible when compared to them that it would be a gigantic mistake to judge about them :).

I hope its not wrong to say what i said.

Rasema
08-30-2009, 09:53 PM
Voted as well.
I saw it before on gawaher but It didn't work. Glad that I got a chance now.

Thanks sis.

Humbler_359
08-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Done. :statisfie

Hidaya
08-30-2009, 11:32 PM
I voted. :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!