/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mannerism

Da Pwr f Truth!
06-18-2009, 10:38 AM
:sl:

Your in a situation....were you would generally not say....Thanks OR Sorry OR Please....
But your friend does just that...
Whats your reaction..?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
06-18-2009, 01:45 PM

Do you want to elaborate a little more?

Banu_Hashim
06-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Yea.. I don't quite understand.

Da Pwr f Truth!
06-18-2009, 05:00 PM
Ok....

1st situation----
Your friend joins a forum or group....now due to his/her activity, someone adds him/her.....
Your friend tells dat person "Thanks".....

Your reaction??????

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Da Pwr f Truth!
06-18-2009, 05:02 PM
2nd situation----
Your friend's Mum & Dad present him/her with a gift (....anything....)....
Your friend replies with a "Thanks" or "Jazak-allah"
Your reaction....?????

Da Pwr f Truth!
06-18-2009, 05:05 PM
3rd situation----

You & your friend are strolling somewhere (lets say...a park) and both of you are engrossed in some real intense conversation....
...BANG...
Someone bangs into your friend....
Although it was the other person's fault....
But your friend says "SORRY"...

Your reaction...????

Snowflake
06-18-2009, 05:33 PM
I don't see anything to react about. Should I? :?

Da Pwr f Truth!
06-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Actually sister....des things earn me THE LOOKS & comments.....

My purpose of asking is that.....

Is their a distinction between GOOD and OVER-GOOD....

Is their any hadith or Quranic verse that says about this????

glo
06-18-2009, 06:15 PM
Surely saying 'thank you' and 'sorry' are just basic politeness?
How can it be 'over good' to simply show a little courtesy?

Snowflake
06-18-2009, 06:16 PM
I think there is a fine line between the two. Are you saying you are too good mannered and it doesn't fit in the expected norm, hence the looks & comments?

Da Pwr f Truth!
06-18-2009, 06:27 PM
hey....hold on....:confused:

I had something troubling me, here.... dats why i put this up...:hmm:

Why are you making me feel like a good-for-nothing-self-praising-human????:-[

Rabi'ya
06-18-2009, 07:42 PM

well personally i have always believed it is better to be the first one to say sorry. even if its not necessarily your fault. It ends a lot of bad feeling and can stop many awkward situations. As with thank you....i dont think anyone can ever say thank you enough. Far too many people in this world lack basic courtesy so maybe the rest of us should make up for it :)

Yanal
06-18-2009, 07:59 PM
Just follow your heart and say what comes up. And what you think is the best as we do not know how your family reacts or friends reaction as you can only know that and thus only give your opinion.

Snowflake
06-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Are you saying you are too good mannered and it doesn't fit in the expected norm, hence the looks & comments?

format_quote Originally Posted by Da Pwr f Truth!
hey....hold on....:confused:

I had something troubling me, here.... dats why i put this up...:hmm:

Why are you making me feel like a good-for-nothing-self-praising-human????:-[

Er no! what I meant was, if you feel that by you being too thankful and appreciative, you're going OTT in other peoples' eyes?

I hope that's cleared what I meant :)

Banu_Hashim
06-18-2009, 10:13 PM
Um... am I only one that doesn't understand what the reaction is supposed to be... They seem like normal scenarios to me. :? My reaction? Nothing extraordinary that I can think of..

Snowflake
06-18-2009, 10:17 PM
same here.. I feel my brain is on a merry-go-round at the moment

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-19-2009, 02:40 AM

From the way ur presenting it, we can only assume it's a general scenario...therefore in these situations the best thing you do is say thank you, being appreciative, regardless of what it is.

If there is more to your situation, I really think you need to expand. I'm not sure how much we can help you with that general piece of information. Hence why some of us are a little...confused.
Hope you understand :).

:w:

glo
06-19-2009, 03:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
what I meant was, if you feel that by you being too thankful and appreciative, you're going OTT in other peoples' eyes?
Another question for the OP would be why it should matter what other people think?
If you feel that being polite to others, with the right intentions, is a good thing to be (and personally, I think so!), then just keep doing it. It will make this world a better place!
If others don't like it, that's their problem - don't make it yours!

Da Pwr f Truth!
06-19-2009, 10:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Surely saying 'thank you' and 'sorry' are just basic politeness?
I know sister....but how many of us actually follow these basic courtesies????

format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

well personally i have always believed it is better to be the first one to say sorry. even if its not necessarily your fault. It ends a lot of bad feeling and can stop many awkward situations. As with thank you....i dont think anyone can ever say thank you enough. Far too many people in this world lack basic courtesy so maybe the rest of us should make up for it :)
Jazak-allah sister...thats exactly what i wanted...:thumbs_up

Alhamdullilah....people here dont encounter such problems....or i was not able to convey correctly what i wanted to say.....

Anyways....I dont go trotting along the globe.....

But Ive noticed that....

Generally I would expect some kindness & courtesy from a Non-Muslim....But none from a Muslim.....

We have forgotten that,

مُّحَمَّدٌ رَّسُولُ اللَّهِ وَالَّذِينَ مَعَهُ أَشِدَّاء عَلَى الْكُفَّارِ رُحَمَاء بَيْنَهُمْ

[Yusufali 48:29] {Muhammad is the messenger of Allah; and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other.}

I hope i was clear....:exhausted

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.