/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saddest quotes

Clover
06-19-2009, 01:25 AM
What are some of the saddest quotes you've ever heard? The ultimate saddest quote I ever heard was from "Inherit the Wind" Which is a movie about a man who dared ot teach evolution in a school and the townspeople, who are all Christians, try to send him to prison for breaking a rule of Mississippi which says you cannot teach anything that is against the Bible, and the lawyer defending him says

"Mister, you may conquer the air but the birds will lose their wonder and the clouds will smell of gasoline."

To really see why that's so sad, you have to see the movie, and I have a link to it where you can watch it free with only 5, 30 second commercials. It is one of the best movies ever made if you like to use intellect. It is really funny in the end, of course sad too, but you have to see it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AntiKarateKid
06-19-2009, 01:27 AM
A moving story that I've heard once and that I always remember and cherish for its meanings. It's the story of one of the great imams of this Ummah, Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal.

His son, Abdullah, once asked his father one day, “Abi when will we ever relax?” His father, one of the greatest revivers of the Sunnah, a role model for all Muslims, looked him in the eye and said, “With the first step we take into Jannah.”

AntiKarateKid
06-19-2009, 01:42 AM
"Islam began as something strange, and it shall return to being something strange, so give glad tidings to the strangers."

It is a sobering thought that in the future, near the Great Event and Judgement Day, that Islam will almost cease to be practiced and there will be no more Muslims.

Narrated ‘Abdullah bin ‘Umar: The Prophet took hold of my shoulders and said, “Be in the world as if you were a stranger or a wayfarer.”

And to think, when I had found my purpose in the world, I found the world inhospitable to it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.