/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am Sarah from Kuwait

Sarah E.
06-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Al Salam 'Alaikom ..

My name is Sarah , I am 22 yrs old and I am from Kuwait . I'm studying BA Management Information System and minoring in Islamic Economics. I would like first to say why did I choose this forum to be in. Well, as I'm don with my spring semester in University and started me summer break " which is about 6 days to the summer course :/ " I have a goal to improve my English Islamicly. You may ask what is " Islamicly " ! . As I'm studying in a private University in Kuwait, I have a lot of foreign instructors and I would like to share some Islamic ideas with them since most of them are non-Muslims. So, I really appreciate if you all help me to improve my English skills through your discussions although forgive me for any mistakes :)

Regards

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GreyKode
06-19-2009, 11:52 PM
Welcome Ukhti, its a great place here to learn Islam. I hope you enjoy it. I too am starting my summer course next week :D.
BTW, your english is just fine.

Strzelecki
06-20-2009, 01:31 AM
Wa 3alaikum salam.
Welcome to the forums Sarah

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-20-2009, 03:07 AM
:w: sis.

Firstly welcome to the forum and I hope u enjoy your stayyyyyy inshaAllah.

Secondly, your English seems to be very good mashaAllah, but you can always learn more of course, even myself! haha :D

See you around! :wub:

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
alcurad
06-20-2009, 03:54 AM
welcome to LI :)

Zafran
06-20-2009, 04:09 AM
Salaam

welcome to LI

Hope you find this site educational.

peace

roohani.doctor
06-20-2009, 04:17 AM
:salambox:

Kuwait! wooot! Used to be me home two years ago. Miss it much. LOL.

Glad you chose this forum sis! You will learn lots here. :D:D

Welcome :D

Raudha
06-20-2009, 08:45 AM
:sl: :welcome: :rock: :awesome: :thankyou: :statisfie

Sarah E.
06-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Sounds good when you wake up and see all these replays. Thanks All..
According to my English .. Actually yea I know that I'm pretty good in English, but still needs more and I strongly agree that English can be improved when you practice and feel it by being into discussions for example.

Thanks again and Insha'Allah we collaborate to bring up new Islamic activities and programs although finding an attractive way to obtain a pure hearts to enter Islam.

Dont forget to prepare your intention " Nrya " that:
" We are here for one reason and for one person " ==> For Allah

Rabi'ya
06-20-2009, 12:45 PM
:sl: sister

Welcome to Li. enjoy and I pray it is beneficial for u

ژاله
06-20-2009, 01:19 PM
welcome to LI dear sister,inshallah you will learn a lot here and enjoy your stay....its such a good forum,we all learn from each other.
see you around:)

Thinker
06-20-2009, 01:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sarah E.
I have a goal to improve my English Islamicly. You may ask what is " Islamicly " ! . As I'm studying in a private University in Kuwait, I have a lot of foreign instructors and I would like to share some Islamic ideas with them since most of them are non-Muslims. So, I really appreciate if you all help me to improve my English skills through your discussions although forgive me for any mistakes :)

Regards
Welcome Sara

Although I am currently living in warmer place, I am native, white, Anglo Saxon, English.

First let me say, as an individual member, I am always excited by the opportunity of discussing issues with people living in those countries which are different than my own.

With regards to your introduction, apart from the use of words which don’t exist in the English language (Islamicly) your English in terms of communication on a word by word basis is excellent. That said you have failed to fully communicate your intentions. I can understand and applaud your desire to improve your English but as the word Islamicly doesn’t exist and so cannot be defined I am not sure exactly what you hope to achieve. You go on to explain that you want to able to share Islamic ideas (presumably using the English language) with your instructors. As most of the Muslims members on this forum are living in ‘western’ non Muslim countries and you are a Muslim living in ‘dar al-Islam’ it is possible, even likely, that you could teach the members here about Islam.

I hope you don’t take my observations as overly critical, I would not have made them had you not expressed a desire to learn.

Best wishes

Sarah E.
06-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Thank you very much for your observations, I will take you notes in consider to choose and pick the exact and the right words that related to English, I think that I used to say that I would like to improve my English in Islamic filed so that I can share what I learned from English vocabs with my instructors.

About ( dar- al Islam ) , yeah I thank God that I grew up in Islamic environment and although Islamic schools and Centers , that all build up the goal of spreading the Islamic thoughts among Muslims and non-Muslims people.

Thanks again Brother .. and I wish if we can learn from each other in this kind Forum .

muslimah4life
06-20-2009, 06:56 PM
salaam
WELCOME

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.