/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Duha Prayer?

muslimah1234
06-21-2009, 02:33 PM
salaam
i came across a hadith:
"Abu hurayrah said: 'my dearest friend (i.e the prophet pbh) advised me to do 3 things: to fast for three days of each month, to pray to rak'ahs of DUHA prayer, and never sleep until i pray witr' "
what exactly is duha prayer?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
brotherubaid
06-24-2009, 07:21 AM
Its a prayer that is also called shurooq ...

Basically its after fajr, after sunrise , like about 20 minutes after the sunrise u can pray it , 2 rakats , all the way till time of dhuhur come sin , about like half an hour before duhur prayer.

Now if a person prays fajr , n sits after fajr in the masjid or at home and remmembers Allah, doing the adhkaar of the morning or reading quran or any form of remmberance untill sunrises to a certain n then he prays these two rakats he gets reward of a comkplete hajj n umrah n this is called Duha.

The time of Duha prayer is from the time when the sun has risen to a certain height, until just before the time for Zuhr prayer.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen defined it as being from a quarter of an hour after the sun has risen until ten minutes before Zuhr prayer

1139. Abu Hurayra said, "My friend, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, ordered me to do three things: to fast three days every month, to do the two rak'ats of Duha and to do the witr before sleeping." [Agreed upon]

1140. Abu Dharr reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Sadaqa is owed by every joint you have. Every glorification is sadaqa. Every praise is sadaqa. Commanding the right is sadaqa. Forbidding the wrong is sadaqa. Praying two rak'ats in the forenoon (Duha) covers all these." [Muslim]

"Whoever prays al-ghadaa (i.e. al fajr) in congregation, then sits remembering Allah until sunrise, then prays two units of prayer, has a complete reward of Hajj and `Umrah [The Prophet, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, repeated 'complete' three times for emphasizing]." [at-Tirmidhi, classed as Saheeh by al-Albani]

So if one sits after fajr all the way till duha prayer he takes up reward for a Complete Hajj n umrah n if he prays it at any other time he still gets the rewards mentioned , n it is something the Prophet Sala lahu alihi wa salam recommended Abu hurairah.

Assalam o alikum

muslimah1234
06-25-2009, 11:13 PM
wow great response thank you. duha prayer is very beneficial then! amazing how much reward we can get for doing so little...allah swt is so grateful. ameen!

Yanal
06-26-2009, 04:40 AM
Yes he is. May we benefit from our time and spend it wisely. Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.