/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Black magic and stuff... :s

paradise88
06-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Salaam everyone..

Im confused about this topic.. I hear people say that some ilnesses can be caused by black magic, firstly is that correct? Secondly can an Imam say this and then give a remedy? How does he know that it is black magic and that someone has done it?

Is it nonsense? I know black magic exists and using it is forbidden but I am confused about this and would like to know as it concerns me

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- IqRa -
06-22-2009, 08:19 AM
I hear people say that some ilnesses can be caused by black magic, firstly is that correct?
Yes.

Secondly can an Imam say this and then give a remedy?
Yes.

How does he know that it is black magic and that someone has done it?
Why question it? You don't question when a doctor gives you something, so why question them?

Is it nonsense?
No.

Sampharo
06-22-2009, 09:59 AM
I hear people say that some ilnesses can be caused by black magic, firstly is that correct? Secondly can an Imam say this and then give a remedy? How does he know that it is black magic and that someone has done it?

There is no black or white magic, just magic, which is forbidden and one of the kabaer to practice or hire someone to use. It invokes calling on jinn to do the magic spellmaker bidding, in return the magic spellmaker worships and serves the leader of the jinn group that helps him. The spell usually uses an object of the victim to recite the binding words on it so that the target Jinn would know the person.

In Sahih Al-Bukhary (with details narrated by Thaalaby and reported by Ibn Kathir), the prophet -pbuh- was inflicted with an illness for six months, when he said two angels came to him and said that he has been "knotted upon" or had a "spell bound on him" and said it was by the jewish Lubaid Bin Al-Aasam, and that the spell was using hair trapped in his comb, and that the object was under a rock in the well of Tharwan. When he sent Ali and Zubair to the well they went deep and removed the rock and found the teeth of the prophet's comb with his hair in it, knotted twelve times with needles. When they brought it to him the prophet -pbuh- was reading Surat al-Falaq and with each verse the knots would untangle until the last one was unraveled and the prophet was well again. They wanted to kill the person who did it but the prophet denied them and said praise be to God he is now well and does not wish to open a door of evil amongst the people.

It is from this evidence that treating magic spells is permissible with Quranic verses. Some imams know which verses to recite and which general symptoms sound suspicious, and they will simply recite the proper verses into the ear of the person or if he is well enough will tell him which ones to recite and how many times.

As for shouting in the ear "to scare the jinn" or writing with saffron, these are innovations and Bidaa misconstrued by some to solve jinn touch or magic spells.

And God knows Best.

anonymous
06-22-2009, 12:50 PM
or writing with saffron
Do you have any proof?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
paradise88
06-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Thank you sampharo that helped a lil...
As for the person who said do i question a doctor.. i do and thats why i rarely go there. I wanted to know cos i thougth it wasnt allowed an imam to do that i thought wouldnt he have to contact a jinn or something to find out the cause or whatever. im probably not making sense but anyway inshallah with praying and sabr things will be ok

Thinker
06-22-2009, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by paradise786
Salaam everyone..

Im confused about this topic.. I hear people say that some ilnesses can be caused by black magic, firstly is that correct? Secondly can an Imam say this and then give a remedy? How does he know that it is black magic and that someone has done it?

Is it nonsense? I know black magic exists and using it is forbidden but I am confused about this and would like to know as it concerns me
There is no such thing as black magic or evil spirits.

If ‘black magic’ exists or any kind of evil spirit stuff why is it that it only affects people in third world countries with restricted education?

If ‘black magic’ exists I spit in it’s eye – now tell me why I am not struck down by these spirits?

alcurad
06-22-2009, 07:06 PM
magic is perception, it has no power of itself.
to understand this,read the verses in the Qur'an that describe Moses's confrontation with Pharaoh's magicians.

note that claims by some that such and such verses have such and such effect have to be corroborated by the Sunna, some have basis, others don't.

جوري
06-22-2009, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker

If ‘black magic’ exists or any kind of evil spirit stuff why is it that it only affects people in third world countries with restricted education?

If ‘black magic’ exists I spit in it’s eye – now tell me why I am not struck down by these spirits?

actually such things do exist, whether or not you choose to acknowledge them is an entirely different story and not merely in under-educated third world countries-- seems the civilized world is equally obssessed, all I need but turn on my TV to the discovery/TLC/LMN Chanels to have my pick of 'haunted castles' 'life among the dead with Lisa Williams' or turn on my Internet to see paganists celebrating at some druid site -- etc..

whether or not they are affecting this young lady's life, I have my strong doubts.. science dictates to me that common things are common and rare things are rare.. I'd yield more to the Botox therapy explanation before thinking of something as esoteric as Meretoja syndrome ( as an example)

and her case is no different.. once scientific explanations cease would I then seek a more visceral explanation if at all...

here are some westerners explaining their magic/magik to you:

How Witchcraft Works
by Lee Ann Obringer

Obringer, Lee Ann. "How Witchcraft Works." 29 October 2004. HowStuffWorks.com. <http://people.howstuffworks.com/witchcraft.htm> 22 June 2009.

Inside this Article

1. Introduction to How Witchcraft Works
  2. Witch Hunts
  3. Modern Witchcraft

1. Wicca
  2. Practicing Wicca
  3. Learning the Craft
  4. See more »

People Videos

Modern Witchcraft

Photo courtesy Witch’s Voice
Starfest 2004, a pagan festival
Witchcraft is a pagan religion. Pagan religions worship multiple deities rather than a single god. Paganism is one of the oldest religions and includes all religions that are not Christian, Muslim or Jewish, meaning Paganism includes the Hindu, Buddhist, Taoist, Confucian and American Indian religions as well as all other nature-oriented religions. According to the 1998 Cambridge Fact Finder, Paganism accounts for 50 percent of all religions. The word "Pagan" actually stems from the Latin Pagini or Paganus, words meaning "hearth" or "home dweller" or, more simply, "country person" -- those labeled as Pagans were considered inferior to those living in cities. It didn't, however, mean those people were "bad." It wasn't until the 1450s that fear of witchcraft became more prevalent, and people began associating witchcraft and paganism with devil worship, evil hexes and spells. Magic vs. MagickBooks and other references about witchcraft use the spelling "magick" rather than "magic." While this spelling isn't in some dictionaries, it is the accepted spelling within Wicca (and possibly other Pagan religions that use magic). The alternate spelling is to differentiate what the witch does from what a magician does -- in other words, magic that invokes a deity to channel power as opposed to illusion. In this article, we will refer to the magic of witchcraft as "magick."

Types of Witchcraft
There are many types of witchcraft, many of which overlap and all of which can be defined in different ways by different people, but here are some rough guidelines for their designations:

• African witchcraft: There are many types of witchcraft in Africa. The Azande of central Africa believe that witchcraft causes all types of misfortune. The "gift" of witchcraft, known as mangu, is passed from parent to child. Those possessing mangu aren't even aware of it and perform magick unconsciously while they sleep.
  • Appalachian folk magic: Those who practice witchcraft in the Appalachian mountains see good and evil as two distinct forces that are led by the Christian God and Devil, respectively. They believe there are certain conditions that their magick cannot cure. They also believe that witches are blessed with paranormal powers and can perform powerful magick that can be used for either good or evil purposes. They look to nature for omens and portents of the future.
  • Green witchcraft: A Green witch is very similar to a Kitchen/Cottage witch (see below) with the exception that the Green witch practices in the fields and forest in order to be closer to the Divine spirit. The Green witch makes his or her own tools from accessible materials from outdoors.
  • Hedge witchcraft: A Hedge witch is not part of a group or coven. This witch practices magick alone and works more with the green arts, herbal cures and spells. In the early days, Hedge witches were local wise men or women who cured illnesses and gave advice. They can be of any religion and are considered traditional witches (see below).
  • Hereditary witchcraft: Hereditary witches believe in "gifts" of the craft that are with a witch from birth, having been passed from generations before.
  • Kitchen/Cottage witchcraft: A Kitchen witch, or Cottage witch, practices magick around the hearth and home. The home is a sacred place, and the use of herbs is used often to bring protection, prosperity and healing. Kitchen witches often follow more than one path of witchcraft.
  • Pennsylvania Dutch hexcraft or "Pow-wow": When the Germans first arrived in Pennsylvania, Native Americans were there, so the term "pow-wow" to describe this practice may come from observations of Indian gatherings. Pow-wowing includes charms and incantations dating back to the Middle Ages, as well as elements borrowed from the Jewish Kabbalah and Christian Bible. Pow-wowing focuses on healing illnesses, protecting livestock, finding love or casting or removing hexes. Pow-wowers consider themselves to be Christians endowed with supernatural powers.
  • Traditional witchcraft: Traditional witchcraft often follows science, history and the arts as its foundation. While sharing the same respect for nature as the Wiccan witch (see below), traditional witches do not worship nature nor the god or goddess of Wicca. They contact spirits that are part of an unseen spirit world during rituals. Magick is more practical than ceremonial and focuses greatly on herbs and potions. This sect of witchcraft also has no law of harming none, but does believe in responsibility and honor. Hexes and curses, therefore, can be used in self-defense or for other types of protection.
  • Wicca: Wicca is one of the modern Pagan religions that worships the Earth and nature, and it is only about 60 years old. It was created in the 1940s and '50s by Gerald Gardner. Gardner defined witchcraft as a positive and life-affirming religion that includes divination, herblore, magic and psychic abilities. Wiccans take an oath to do no harm with their magick.

For a list of even more types of witchcraft, visit Neopagan.net: Classifying Witchcrafts.
Most of those who call themselves witches today belong to the Wiccan religion, so we'll focus on Wicca for the duration of this article.

http://people.howstuffworks.com/witchcraft2.htm

why has it not affected you? I suppose for the reasons it hasn't affected many others.. it isn't something you seek.. which would as well be my advise to the OP:
Islam doesn't condone incantations, voodoo doctors and other quacks -- all you need to do is follow the Quran and Sunnah and give your GP a visit when having strange symptoms!

Sampharo
06-22-2009, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Do you have any proof?
Proof cannot be brought to say something is a Bidaa, it is the lack of proof of it being in Sunnah that makes it a bidaa. Such innovations are useless and is a misguidance in Islam, based on the prophet's hadith: "Every innovation is a bidaa, every bidaa is a misguidance, and every misguidance belongs in the Hellfire"

I do not know of any mention of "writing with saffron" being an acceptable form of treating jinn touching or jinn spells. If you have reference to it in Sahih or other such sources that the prophet or the companions used it, please bring it and it will be worth consideration.

format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker

You mean like when you have thousands of people in the US swearing by the Voodoo of New Orleans practitioners and how it "solved" their problems or ruined their lives? :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.