/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Shoes
06-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Hello!

I'm Shoes (a nickname I got in High School which has permanently stuck!), a Christian from Southampton, UK, and I'm hoping to gain a better understanding of Islam and the way Muslims live, and to discuss the similarities and differences in our beliefs in a friendly, respectful way. :)

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Salam,
Shoes

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zafran
06-22-2009, 10:01 PM
salaam

welcome to the forum

Hope you find this forum educational

peace

crayon
06-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Haha, love the name! Welcome to the forums, Shoes! Hope you learn a bit from us, and teach us a bit yourself!:)

Shoes
06-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Hi Zafran and Crayon,

Thanks for your welcomes! :) Well, a bit more about me: I'm from Southampton, UK, I'm 21, and I'm doing my first year of secondary school teaching next year having just finished my degree. I was brought up in a CofE church (which I only kept going to in my teenage years because my friends went), gave up Christianity in the first year of Uni and found it again the year later after actually finding out what it was all about! And since then I've been learning lots more about my own faith and others too.

Salam,
Shoes

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
06-22-2009, 11:12 PM
Hi!

Interesting introduction Shoes :)

Welcome to the forum, hope you will have a beneficial stay here and find what you are looking for to gain more about Islam

Enjoy your time here

Shoes
06-23-2009, 12:45 AM
Hi Danah, nice to meet you. :)

Faith.
06-23-2009, 03:09 PM
:sl:
Hey Nice name. Welcome to the forum.
I hope you have an enjoyable time here.

:welcome:

:w:

Layla454
06-23-2009, 05:52 PM
Hello Shoes and welcome!

Shoes
06-23-2009, 11:54 PM
Greetings Faith and Layla :)

Ar-RaYYan
06-27-2009, 01:19 AM
Hi Shoes :D interesting name
Welcome to the forum
Enjoy your stay and i hope you find the answers you are looking for

take care

Shoes
06-27-2009, 02:23 AM
Hi Ar-RaYYan, thanks! :) Though what I'm more interested in is better questions to ask of myself and others rather than answers, because I find them much more revealing. :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!