/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever hear woman asking a better question?

ahmed_indian
06-23-2009, 08:53 AM
:sl:

Hadhrat Asma bintyazid Ansari (Radhiyallaho anha) came to the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) and said: "0. Prophet of Allah! You are dearer to me than my parents. My Muslim women have deputed me as their representative to talk to you on their behalf. Verily you are the Prophet of Allah for both men and women. We stay for most part of our time within the four walls of our houses. We remain pinned to our duties of fulfilling the sexual desires of men, bearing children forthem and looking after their homes. Notwithstanding all this, men excel us in getting rewards for things which we are unable to do. They go and say their daily Salaat and weekly Jumu'ah in the musjid, visit the sick, attend the funerals, perform Hajj after Hajj and, above all, fight in the way of Allah. When they go for Hajj or Jehad, we look after their property, bring up their children and weave cloth for them. Do we not share their rewards with them?"

The Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) addressing the Sahabah sitting round him, said: "Did you ever hear a woman asking a better question?" Sahabah replied: "0, Prophet of Allah! We never thought that a woman could ever put such a question." The Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) addressing Asma said: "Listen attentively, and then go and tell the adies who have sent you that when a woman seeks the pleasure of her husband and carries out her domestic functions to his satisfaction, she gets the same reward as the men get for all their services to Allah."

Hadhrat Asma (Radhiyallaho anha) returned very happily after getting this reply to her question.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- IqRa -
06-23-2009, 09:10 AM
SubhanAllah!!!!!! :ooh:
Indeed Allah is all just!!!!!!
Jazak allah Khayr!!!!!

(Have you got a reference for that hadith by the way?)

Danah
06-23-2009, 09:12 AM
SubhanAllah she asked a very sensetive question that even men couldn't think about. Such a thing is taken for granted for both men and women, but she thought about such thing subhanAllah. They were so eager to compete men in getting the reward from Allah

Jazak Allah khair brother for sharing

'Abd-al Latif
06-23-2009, 09:26 AM
Do you have a source reference for this?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali_008
06-23-2009, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Do you have a source reference for this?
Jazakallah Khair

Coming to the source:
It is authentic, I've read this incident in the book "Fazail-i-'Amal" written by Shaykh Zakariya (may Allah have mercy on him) and that is a widely accepted book and is available in many languages.

- IqRa -
06-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Oh that book. I have heard of it.

- IqRa -
06-23-2009, 02:43 PM
SubhanAllah, SubhanAllah, SubhanAllah. Ok, imagine for a second that is a weak hadith, are you saying that our sisters do not get rewarded for staying in the house, wearing Hijaab on these hot summer days, covering their beauty up in front of non-mahrams, etc? Is that your view?

rpwelton
06-23-2009, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
SubhanAllah, SubhanAllah, SubhanAllah. Ok, imagine for a second that is a weak hadith, are you saying that our sisters do not get rewarded for staying in the house, wearing Hijaab on these hot summer days, covering their beauty up in front of non-mahrams, etc? Is that your view?
Did you read my post? I said I am not doubting the authenticity of that hadith. I believe it to be true.

What I am saying is that just because you find a hadith in that particular book, does not mean it is authentic. When a person quotes a source, it should be from one of the established collection of hadith (Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawood, Tirmidhi, etc), not a book filled with stories and weak hadith.

alcurad
06-23-2009, 02:51 PM
^regardless of reward, it seems to support women being their husbands 'servants'. not to mention since when did women not be able to "go and say their daily Salaat and weekly Jumu'ah in the musjid, visit the sick, attend the funerals, perform Hajj after Hajj and, above all, fight in the way of Allah"??

- IqRa -
06-23-2009, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rpwelton
Did you read my post? I said I am not doubting the authenticity of that hadith. I believe it to be true.

What I am saying is that just because you find a hadith in that particular book, does not mean it is authentic. When a person quotes a source, it should be from one of the established collection of hadith (Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawood, Tirmidhi, etc), not a book filled with stories and weak hadith.
Only those 4 books are not authentic. You are not a scholar, brother, so please learn the sciences of hadith before you start making points like that.

'Abd-al Latif
06-24-2009, 10:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008
Jazakallah Khair

Coming to the source:
It is authentic, I've read this incident in the book "Fazail-i-'Amal" written by Shaykh Zakariya (may Allah have mercy on him) and that is a widely accepted book and is available in many languages.
Yes but where does the book say this hadeeth is found?

ahmed_indian
06-25-2009, 06:48 AM
even if the hadeeth is weak but this is logical that when a women does her household chores, care for husband and children in the name of Allah, He will reward her.

AabiruSabeel
06-25-2009, 12:46 PM

That Hadeeth is quoted from the book Asadul Ghaabah by Allamah Ibn Atheer Al-Jazari, who died in 630 AH. أسد الغابة لعلامة إبن أثير الجزري، متوفي 630 هـ

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.