/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please help

AnonymousPoster
06-23-2009, 09:08 AM
I am going to see someone who performs rukya tomorrow and I’ve heard does everything by the Qur’an and sunnah.

A friend of mine had depression and she went to him, he performed rukya on her and he gave her some oil and water in a bottle. He said she has to drink a table spoon of oil a day and she needs to rub the oil over her entire body once every day until she feels better.

She didn’t do any of it because she has become really lazy and says she hasn’t got the energy to keep up with it everyday. So she’s given up.

All I wantd to know is, what this man has said to her, does is sound right? I just want to make sure I’m not going to anyone dodgy. I got a bit worried first because he charges a lot of money like £60 or something like that. I am extremely depressed and I’ve tried everything but not even the doctor can help. Should I go to this man?

Please don’t ignore this, I need your advice.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
06-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Greetings and peace be with you AnonymousGender;

I have this feeling you would be even more depressed, if you spent £60 on something that does not seem to work.

Can you say what is troubling you.

In the spirit of praying for an inner peace that surpasses all understanding.

Eric

AnonymousPoster
06-23-2009, 10:29 AM
I can't explain it's too long. Praying and reciting Qur'an sometimes is not enough get rid of the possiblity of having evil eye/black magic/jinn posession on ouy, Rukya has to be done. I just want to make sure nothing is wrong spiritually.

- IqRa -
06-23-2009, 10:40 AM
To be perfectly honest, keep up with your 5 pillars of Islam and everything will be fine. The main problem, from what I can see, is that you don't pray 5 times a day. Because if you did, with a true heart, you wouldn't be depressed. If you love Allah and give your heart to Allah only, no depression will arise. When you only have love for Allah in your heart, then you want to do everything to please Him, He helps you.

I'm not saying this ruqya thing isn't good, but once you start thinking like that, then you won't ever be able to stop.

Allah is the source of Strength. Ask and you will be given. With a true heart. And if you are not given what you ask for, then undoubtedly He has something better in store for you. No doubt in that.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AabiruSabeel
06-23-2009, 10:46 AM
^Why would they charge for reciting a few ayat and Dua and blowing? I know a few 'Alims/Amil in India who do the same as described above, but they don't charge anything. And people have really been cured after the ruqya.
I don't think any mukhlis person would charge anything for that.

Edit: If it is just depression, not something like Jinn possession, evil eye etc then I second what T.I.A. has said. Indeed in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest.

- IqRa -
06-23-2009, 10:48 AM
One more thing, if you are a sister then you should start wearing Hijaab. If you are a brother, then you should start lowering your gaze (of course sisters should as well, but it is harder for brothers I think personally.)

Don't think that when you yourself are not obeying the main commands of Allah, the ruqya thing will work on you - you can't go and do GCSE Mathematics, without learning the main rules of multiplicaton and division, it just doesn't work.

Obey your Lord as much as you can, and He Himself will take your depression away. Don't expect it to happen ASAP, because He plans for the best. His plans are nothing compared to ours.

Oh Allah! When I lose hope because my plans have come to nothing, help me remember that Your love is greater than my disappointments & Your plans for my life are better than my dreams. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!