/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadhan Muslims

paradise88
06-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Salaam everyone who will be reading this.. Firstly this thread is not to 'diss' people who become all religious for a month then leave it.
I know some things and see people's opinions, i apologise for any mistakes or if i offend anyone un intentionally. Just trying to distract myself from 'bad' things and discussing things related to religion is better.. just want to

If someone never prays or does anything that Islam tells us to do and then just fasts during Ramadhan but does not pray or dress modestly (if they are a woman) will the fast be valid? Also it links with the question, will people's fast be valid if they dont wear hijab etc cos i see people wear it in Ramadhan..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslimah1234
06-23-2009, 11:45 PM
i think it all depends on the persons intentions rite? why do they wear the hijab etc during ramadan only? is it to show off? or are they genuinely doing it for the sake of allah swt? u cant judge anyone...only allah can.
and regarding fasting to even be classed as a muslim you must pray so i doubt if the fast is valid if u dont pray...but allah knows best
hadith: Rasulullah (SAW) said "The covenant between us and them is prayer, so if anyone abandons it he has become a disbeliever." (Agreed upon by Ahmad, Tirmidhee and Nasaa'ee to be authentic)
In an other Hadith of Rasulullah (SAW) said "What lies between a man and disbelief is the abandonment of prayer." ( Agreed upon by Muslim, Abu Dawood and Nasaa'ee as sahih authentic)
:) but i dnt know if u can fast without hijaab. pple say ur wudu breaks if a non-mehram sees you without a hijaab...i dont know whether this is tru or not tho..hope that helped!! =D

Yanal
06-24-2009, 12:07 AM
:salamext:
Bismillahair Rahmaan Naraheem
That is a sin to tell someone to pray and that person himself/herself does not. That is haaram and is a big sin. You must look at yourself first then tell others here is a story with a few upgrades by me: Four Muslim men were praying in the mosque. One yelled "Allah Akbar",another replied "Why are you yelling!" ,the third said "Stop it,you broke your prayers! The fourth one muttered "Thank Allah I was not a part of that." And the main key idea is that all were looking at others and ended up breaking their prayers causing bad upon themselves. Look at yourself first and correct yourself.

Walakum Asalam Alaykum Warakmatulah Wabarkatuh

Banu_Hashim
06-24-2009, 12:43 AM
Making salah and sawm are fardh, as prescribed in the Qur'an. So, really after a certain age, there is no excuse for missing either, except in certain situations (i.e. illness etc.). Therefore, during Ramadhan both (salah as always + fasting) have to be kept. There is no way around it.

With regards to your question; 'Does not praying, invalidate your fasting?', I do not know. That is something very specific, that you'd have to ask someone more knowledge or look up in fiqh book, unless someone here knows the answer.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
06-24-2009, 01:00 AM
Many people here observe fasting but not the salah... imsad

I've heard some religious teachers here saying that salah is the thing that make us different than the non-Muslim, so when a Muslim didnt observe salah.. he's like a non-Muslim and his sawm is useless...

I hope someone could further explain this

- IqRa -
06-24-2009, 09:18 AM
An Excerpt from a lecture by Abu Abdis Salaam - Time to Establish Prayer

Regarding the issue of the Sahabah, Abu Hurairah (Radi Allaahu Taa’la Anhu), he narrated that the Sahabah did not see any action, the leaving of which takes the person outside the fold of Islam, except the leaving off of the prayer.

Shaqiq bin `Abdullah reported:

The Companions of the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) did not consider neglect of any obligation as mounting to disbelief except neglect of Prayer.

[At-Tirmidhi, Number 1084]

So again this shows that the companions of the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) that they had an Ijmaa, according to many scholars, that the person who doesn’t pray, he is actually an apostate outside the fold of Islam.

Now, the objective of this lecture was not to give a knowledge based refutation, (look at all the different opinions, etc.) but if we just ponder of the Hadiths just mentioned, then we will find the magnitude of this issue - and we find Muslims regularly missing prayer.

Can you imagine, that this is the very thing that the Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) made as a distinction between a man and Kufr and shirk. A Muslim on one hand and a disbeliever on the other hand – and what is the distinction? The leaving off of the prayer.

Is it imaginable; is it conceivable, that the Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) made just a simple major sin, this great distinction between Kufr and Imaan. Between the people of the Paradise and the people who abide in the Hell Fire forever and ever and ever.

Imagine, that the person (if this opinion is correct) who does not pray, if he is a non Muslim, if he has been taken outside the fold of Islam, then the whole of the month of Ramadan, his fasts are nullified.

Throughout the year, the charity that he gives is null and void. The Hajj that he performed would be null and void if he died in this state. Imagine, that because of a person not guarding his 5 prayers, if he ends up in this state, being next to Firaun on the Day of Judgement; the day where people will be barefoot, naked, uncircumcised; and there won’t be any helpers on that day; there won’t be any money to give away; but yet this person is not standing amongst the Muslims, he’s not standing amongst Abu Bakr (Radi Allaahu Taa’la Anhu), Umar (Radi Allaahu Taa’la Anhu), Uthman (Radi Allaahu Taa’la Anhu) and Ali (Radi Allaahu Taa’la Anhu). He’s not standing with the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam), but he’s standing in the other direction. He’s standing amongst Firaun and his companions.
- Time to Establish Prayer MP3 - [5 MB]
- Time to Establish Prayer Transcript -

paradise88
06-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Thank you people I have learnt some things from the hadith cos of this post.. some people i guess dont know the importance of prayer..wow..

- IqRa -
06-27-2009, 01:03 PM
After the Month of Ramadhan is over

Yahya bin Muaadh (May Allah be pleased with him) said:
“The smart individual is not the one whose greatest goal is other than seeking the pardon of Allah. (The smart individual is not the one who) seeks forgiveness with his tongue, while his heart is firmly attached to sin, and he truly intends to return to sin after the completion of Ramadhan. This individual’s fast is rejected, and acceptance is closed in his face.”

Ka’b (May Allah be pleased with him) said:
“Whoever fasts Ramadhan while inwardly saying: Once the month is over, I will disobey Allah; this person’s fasting is rejected. And whoever fasts the month while inwardly saying: Upon completion of the month, I won’t disobey Allah, this person will enter Jannah without questioning or debate.”

(Lataa’if al Ma’aarif of Ibn Rajab: Chapter: the ending of Ramadhan)

http://dailyreminders.wordpress.com/page/3/

nocturne
06-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Assalamualaikum

I always look at Ramadan like a power-boost, it gives a motivation to last for another 11 months before ramadan comes around again.

I think most of us can relate to the difficulty of up-holding daily prayers throughout the year. Ramadan is a time, when we get "the devil off our back" and its much easier.

Those muslims who only pray during the fasting ramadan. Inshallah, one year they can keep it going outside of ramadan

glo
06-27-2009, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturne
Assalamualaikum

I always look at Ramadan like a power-boost, it gives a motivation to last for another 11 months before ramadan comes around again.

I think most of us can relate to the difficulty of up-holding daily prayers throughout the year. Ramadan is a time, when we get "the devil off our back" and its much easier.

Those muslims who only pray during the fasting ramadan. Inshallah, one year they can keep it going outside of ramadan
I think you are right.
I work with a muslimah, who usually doesn't pray during work time. (She says she makes up for the missed prayer when she gets home)
During Ramadan she always makes a point of finding a room to pray in. After Ramadan she tries to keep up the practice for a while, before she then resorts to praying at home again.

Each Ramadan is a reminder for her how she may better herself in her practice of Islam.

paradise88
06-27-2009, 03:23 PM
[CENTER]
“The smart individual is not the one whose greatest goal is other than seeking the pardon of Allah. (The smart individual is not the one who) seeks forgiveness with his tongue, while his heart is firmly attached to sin, and he truly intends to return to sin after the completion of Ramadhan. This individual’s fast is rejected, and acceptance is closed in his Whoever fasts Ramadhan while inwardly saying: Once the month is over, I will disobey Allah; this person’s fasting is rejected. And whoever fasts the month while inwardly saying: Upon completion of the month, I won’t disobey Allah, this person will enter Jannah without questioning or debate.”

This is very interesting and true! Thanks for that :)

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 05:06 PM
:sl:
If you want the purpose of fasting it tells you in this link insh'Allah: http://www.islamicfoundation.ca/abouramadhan.aspx What I think it is: Like Glo said it is a boost in emaan and to make us strive for deen while obeying Allah and going to Taraweeh prayers. I look toward to each Ramadhan because if:The devils being locked so we can do good deeds,fasting for Allah and the Taraweeh prayers.

:w:

paradise88
06-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Nice link Abd al Hakim, thanks!

brotherubaid
08-15-2009, 02:27 AM
Excellent thread may Allah reward you , we need muslims that stay in ramadan the whole year , n yes if they do seem to change for ramadan they should try to stay steadfast after ramadan , ramadan is like a course , a training , n such a blessing . may Allah bless us with ramadan

abu_musab461
08-15-2009, 02:30 AM
a good example the imam used was that Ramadhan is a race to do as much good deeds as possilbe.

Like any race or sports the athletes trains weeks in advance to make sure they are fit enough, so soon as the whistle blows they are off!

They don't slow down or give up at the middle of the race and they only increase thier efforts when closing to the finishing line.

That is how we should treat Ramadhan.

We dont prepare our selves or our bodies to do ibadah before Ramadhan so we feel lazy to do qiyam even when the gates of Hell fire are closed and the gates of paradise are open and the influence of the shaytan is reduced.

We dont retrain our glances, control our desires and get our tummies used to fasting like the prophet (as) used to in the month of shabban,.

And finally people often get confused between fasting and starving your self.

Starving your self=
not eating or drinking but swearing, luing, sinning, back biting etc. This is not fasting and it is wasting time and energy.

Fasting=
Keeping away from food, drinks, desires AND ALL FORMS OF SIN from dawn till sun set. Increasing in good deed and obtaining taqwa (God-Conciousness) and the mercy of Allah (swt).

paradise88
08-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Inshallah we will be in our best health and iman during ramadan also not forget that it is an opportunity to earn lots of rewards and that we should continue doing good deeds after ramadan inshallah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.