/* */

PDA

View Full Version : it all depends on intentions..right?

AnonymousPoster
06-23-2009, 06:24 PM
:sl:

ok i have a quick question.In islam we are advised to lower our gaze and are only allowed one glance with that being the inicial glance.

if you happen to look at the person again by accedent but you know you would see them if you turned that direction is that considered Zina if the eyes.

is it considered Zina of the eyes if you look at a person of the opposite sex in any where by the eyes or face.if you were to look at the arms or legs just to see and not for any pleasure what so ever does it still count as Zina of the eyes

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
06-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Why are you looking at their arms and legs 'just to see'? What purpose does it serve?

And as for looking at someone by accident; if it is really an accident, then it's fine. But if it's an "accident", then know that Allah knows what is truly in your heart.

Abdul Fattah
06-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Selam aleykum
I don't think the place of the place of the body is really relevant. What's relevant is that it is a lustfull look. And different people might be "turne on" by looking at different parts of the body, so which part you look at is hardly a guideline.
As for the first look, that is when you don't know in advance what you'll see when you're about to look in a certain direction. It's not like, if you know there's a person of the opposite sex somewhere, that you are allowed to look once. So if you hear an attractive voice behind you, depending on the circumstances even teh first look could be lustfull. On the other hand if for example you think the person is gone, and look up and still is there, then even the second look would be an accident.

And I don't know and Allah subhana wa ta'ala knows best

brotherubaid
06-24-2009, 06:19 AM
“Say to the believing men that they should lower their eyes and guard their private parts. That is purer for them. Allâh is aware of what they do. Say to the believing women that they should lower their eyes and guard their private parts

In teh abpve verse Allah started by asking us to lower our gazes first, and its true that the gaze is what initiates lot of evil , it all starts from the gaze , we should know that Allah " Knows the cheating(fraud) of the Eye and what the chests conceal"

“Eyes fornicate and their fornication is the look, ears’ fornication is listening, tongue’s fornication is talking, hands’ fornication is touching and feet’s fornication is walking. The heart lusts and desires and the private parts either confirm it or deny it.” (Muslim)

The Prophet, may Allâh bless him and grant him peace, said, ‘O ‘Alî, do not follow one glance with a second one. The first is all right but not the second.” The Prophet, may Allâh bless him and grant him peace, also said, “The glance is a poisoned arrow from the quiver of Iblîs. If anyone restrains his glance from looking at the beauties of women, Allâh will transmit to his heart the sweetness of worship until the Day of Rising.” He further said, “Lower your eyes and protect your private parts.” Ahmad ibn Hanbal related this in the hadîth which starts: “Guarantee me six things from yourselves.” He said as well, “Beware of sitting at the roadside.” They said, “Messenger of Allâh, we have to sit there.” He said, “If you must do it, then give the roadway its due.” They said, “What is its due?” He said, “To lower the eyes, refrain from causing injury, and return greetings.”

So think about what it could lead to , one might think or belive that he is strong n he cannot fall into such and such , but its just a deception of shaytaan , He has steps , do not follow his steps , he just does not make us sin out of no where , its usually by following hundreds of steps , he takes us one day one sin at a time n makes us commit the big sins n shirk n kufr , It never happens that a person one day just woke up , went out n did such n such , no its usually a sequence of things, folowing the steps and traps of shaytaan one can fall into big sins n may Allah save us all.

N yes , its about the intention , n this is also a big trick of the shaytaan , he makes u think that ur intention is good so do it , like u r talking to a girl to give her good advise , or help her become good thinking my intention is good n pure but at the same time u might be following a trick of the shaytaan. Plus some things cannot be done even if the intention is good, for example what would be a good intention to drink alcohol? There is no good intention , whats haram is haram it cannot be done with good intention , this hadith is used lots of time in making the haram Hala , like the free mixing of girls n guys or talking , be it on the net or in real life , it cannot be done iwth any intention man , whats haram is haram , the hadith is always used in the wromng way , what is meant is to always keep good intention , like a person intented to do hajj , a firm intention n then he passes away , InshahAllah he will get reward , or any other good deed , if u intented to do it u will get reward ... even if for some reason u couldnt do it.

Assalam O Alikum

AssalaM O Alikum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
06-25-2009, 06:20 PM

JazakALLAH Khair,i really do appriciate it

but how bout if you are looking up to see if you know the person.nothing more nothing less

how about if your watching tv or your looking at pictures to see how this person looks or if you know them and remember nothin more nothing less

when we are watching tv arent we looking at the opposite gender?what is that considered

and if i do look at a person from the opposite gender and its not to gain pleasure or anything like that do i have to repent.living in the u.s its hard to avoid looking at people,everywhere you glance you are in danger of comittting Zina of the eyes.

so my question is if i do these things (that ive listed) with no intention of seeking please (liking this person ect) do i have to repent every single time.i find myself doing this all the time and after i do it i raise my hands and ask ALLAH (SWA) to forgive me and to protect me.I hate to say it but its a little difficult doing this 10 times a day.I no im not losing but im sur eim gaining good deeds by making dua but is this a must?

Yanal
06-27-2009, 04:05 AM
:salamext:
You can learn about intentions here insh'Allah:

The following verses and Hadith will explain you. “Whosoever desires (by his deeds) the reward of the Hereafter, We give him increase in his reward, and whosoever desires the reward of this world (by his deeds), We give him thereof (what is decreed for him), and he has no portion in the Hereafter” [al-Shoora 42:20] “Whosoever desires the life of the world and its glitter, to them We shall pay in full (the wages of) their deeds therein, and they will have no diminution therein. They are those for whom there is nothing in the Hereafter but Fire, and vain are the deeds they did therein. And of no effect is that which they used to do” [Hood 11:15-16] It was narrated that ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: ‘The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, Bad’ al-Wahy, 1).

brotherubaid
06-30-2009, 10:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

JazakALLAH Khair,i really do appriciate it

but how bout if you are looking up to see if you know the person.nothing more nothing less

how about if your watching tv or your looking at pictures to see how this person looks or if you know them and remember nothin more nothing less

when we are watching tv arent we looking at the opposite gender?what is that considered

and if i do look at a person from the opposite gender and its not to gain pleasure or anything like that do i have to repent.living in the u.s its hard to avoid looking at people,everywhere you glance you are in danger of comittting Zina of the eyes.

so my question is if i do these things (that ive listed) with no intention of seeking please (liking this person ect) do i have to repent every single time.i find myself doing this all the time and after i do it i raise my hands and ask ALLAH (SWA) to forgive me and to protect me.I hate to say it but its a little difficult doing this 10 times a day.I no im not losing but im sur eim gaining good deeds by making dua but is this a must?

Jazak Allah khair bro, May Allah reward u n bless u.

I understand where ur comming from.

InshahAllah i will try to answer some of those question.

We as Muslims , we are with the Daleel/ Evidence / Proof , Which is Quran n Sunnah.

I have already mentioned the commands from Quran n authentic sunnah.

So we concluded that it is not allowed to look except for the first glance , but at times there are circumstances like u mentioned to see who the person is, Or for e.g some one works for police or at the airport so he has to see and make sure of the identity of the person.

Allah says in the Quran " Fear Allah as much as u can" So its important to save the gaze as much as we can n bro trust me if ur able to do that Allah will iNSHAHaLLAH OPEN DOORS OF A LOT OF GOOD FOR U. Just like a hadith says whoever protects his gaze will taste the sweetness of emaan.

Now for TV, it is not pemissible to see it, i know it might sound very extreme or harsh, but yes when u see opposite gender on TV it is just as u were seeing them in real life and it is as haram as real life so one should aviod TV as much as one can , Now a days its hard to even watch the news, And what good is it on the TV anyway, its not like ur life will be incomplete without TV, Trust me i know people who are doing JUST FINE without TV.U wont lose anything trust me.So yes watching em on Tv is not allowed and TV and magazines n pictures are included in the whole issue of protecting the gaze.

All i am saying is that one at the opposite gender only for necessity and only when one REALLY TRULY has to.n if one is sincere he would still ask Allah to forguve him even though He had no Choice but to look n the intention was good n he did not seek any pleasure.

Now living in US i completely understand what u mena, i went to university in michigan n stayed for about 4 years.

Protect ur gaze as much as you can , and try to move out when you can, I mean when ur old enough or see if ur parents will be willing to move out , lots of people move out to protect their selfes , even from liberal arabic nmuslim countries like UAE to more conservative places like Saudi Etc.

Now seeking forgvness n repentace is easy , Firt of All there is a narration that means that muslims regret is his repentance, but it has to be true regret from the heart n Allah knows whats in the hearts notthing i shidden from Him.

A good way will be to Keep asking forgivness al the times, Now this does not mean u have to sit down n raise ur hands. While walking , driving , sitting standing , In ur heart n by your tongue keep CALLING on Alah with his beautiful names n atributes n asking him for forgiveness , like AstghfirULLAH , AstghfiruLLah wa atoub ilyeh , rabbi ighfir le, rabi ighfir le wa arhamni , Rabi ighfir le wa tob alaye, or in any language , Lord forgive me n have mercy on me.

U know the Prophet Sala lahu alihi wa sallam used to do Istighfar as much as 70 times in one gathering or one meeting.

Ibn ‘Umar said: It would be counted that the Messenger of Allaah (S) would say one hundred times at any one sitting before getting up:
‘O my Lord, forgive me and turn towards me (to accept my repentance). Verily You are The Oft-Returning, the Oft-Forgiving.

‘The Messenger of Allaah (S) said: ‘By Allaah, I seek forgiveness and repent to Allaah, more than seventy times a day.’

He (S) also said: ‘O People, Repent! Verily I repent to Allaah, a hundred times a day.’

He (S) also said: ‘Verily my heart becomes preoccupied, and verily I seek Allaah’s forgiveness a hundred times a day.’

He (S) also said: ‘Whoever says:
‘I seek Allaah’s forgiveness, besides whom, none has the right to be worshipped except He, The Ever Living, The Self-Subsisting and Supporter of all, I turn to Him in repentance.’
…Allaah would forgive him even if he was one who fled during the advance of an army.’

He (S) said: ‘The nearest to the Lord comes to His servant is in the middle of the night, so if you are able to be of those who remember Allaah at that time, then be so.’

He (S) also said: ‘The nearest a servant is to his Lord is when he is prostrating, so supplicate much therein.’

‘How perfect You are O Allaah, and I praise You. I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except You. I seek Your forgiveness and turn to You in repentance.’

N the types of istighfar n repentence are many plus u can ask Allah to forgive u in ur own ways, Make ur self humble Before him n ask in Humility.

Bro i have know people who have actually benefited from being in situations like u, How?

When they were in such environment where sin was open , it was everywhere , they were copping sins un intentionally and wheer ever they would go they would have evil around them , this helped them in a way getting closer to Allah. They would increase in repentence through out the day and at night Ask Allah for forgivness in the last hours and wash away their sins n their hearst with their tears, They truly felt guilty n felt bad n knew what they were doing was wrong, So being in and around sin n evil actually proved good for them coz it helped them get closer to Allah , it helped them increase in seeking forgiveness n repenting and doing more n more good to make up for the evil that they could not avoid. I hope u get my poinnt , at times its the sins , the guilt , the flaws the realization that makes us do lot sof good n opens doors for lot of good.

Asking forgiveness n seeking lots of repentence open up lots of doors of good, open the heart n chest up , softens the heart , increases the imaan n also increases the piety n fear of Allah n gets the servant close to Allah.The fruits are too many to count.

But all that if a person is actually sorry for what he is doing or made to do, he is guilty , he regrets n hates it , But if on the other hand we open the door of "Intentions" which is a door of satan , one keeps doing the wrong things n say hey! My intention is good , im not seeking any pleasure or anything, n like i said before these steps of shaytan can really have great effects on the heart n the life of the heart. Once the guilt n bad feeling is gone , the haya n shyness is gone , the fear of Alah goes n hearts become hard.

there are lots of benefits of Istighfaar and repentence.

Like prophet Nuh Said to his people:

10. "I said (to them): 'Ask forgiveness from your Lord; Verily, He is Oft-Forgiving;

11. 'He will send rain to you in abundance;

12. 'And give you increase in wealth and children, and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers.' "

So bro have the right attitude towards towards sin n evil , dont let satan fool u, Trust me he has gots tricks by the billions, he has been decieving mankind since adam , just imagine how many tricks he has got! Have the right attiude, keep getting closer to Allah by ur sins , Liek Ibn al qayim has a beautiful article i will post it here InshahAllah ,its Called "A sin That Leads to Jannah". InshahAllah u can find it if u search the net for it also

brotherubaid
06-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Imam Ahmed And the Baker

Imam Ahmed, may God be pleased with him, once was traveling and needed to stay somewhere overnight. When he went to the masjid, the guard (not recognizing Imam Ahmed) denied him entrance.

Imam Ahmed tried numerous times, but the guard did not accept his requests. Frustrated, Imam Ahmed resolved to spend the night in the masjid yard. The guard became furious and dragged him away, despite the old age and frailty of Imam Ahmed.

A baker, whose shop was nearby, watched this scene and took pity on Imam Ahmed. He invited the Imam to stay with him for the night.(The baker did not know it was imam ahmed ibn hanbal)

While there, Imam Ahmed noticed that the baker continually made istighfar (asking for Allah's forgiveness) while working, and in the morning, the Imam eagerly asked his host about the latter's continual seeking of forgiveness. The baker said it had become like second nature, and Imam Ahmed then asked whether the man had experienced any reward from this practice(Making lots of istighfaar).

The baker answered, By Allah! No duaa (supplication to God) I made except that it was answered but one.(All his duaas were answered except one dua!)

And what is that duaa? asked Imam Ahmed.

To be able to see the famed Imam Ahmed ibn Hanbal!(

Imam Ahmed interjected, I am Ahmed ibn Hanbal!

He then went on to add:

By Allah! I was dragged to your place so that you can have your duaa/wish come true.( coz imam ahmed was literaly being dragged away from the masjid towards the baker)

- Summarized from Al Jumuah magazine, vol 19, issue 7.

SubhanAllah Allah dragged Imam Ahmed to the house of the baker to answer his duaa. We needa start making istighfar.

Indeed there are soo many fruits n benefits of making istighfar, n we all know how much the Prophet sala lahu alihi wa sallam used to make istighfar, more than 100 times a day n 70 times or more in each gathering n at nights he would weep n pray.

Istighfar purifies the heart , increases the imaam , n as you see from this story , the servant becomes closer to Allah n is loved by Allah n his Duaas are accepted n when he seeks refuge n protection from Allah He protects him.

Surah Nuh: The prophet Nuh says to his people:
10. "I said (to them): 'Ask forgiveness from your Lord; Verily, He is Oft-Forgiving;

11. 'He will send rain to you in abundance;

12. 'And give you increase in wealth and children, and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers.' "

lets turn tyo Allah in sincere repentence n ask him for forgiveness , N Who forgives Sins except Allah!

Sins cause harm and repentance removes the cause. (Majmoo-ul-Fataawaa, 10/255)Ibn taymiyah

Bearing witness to Tawheed opens the door of good and repentance from sins closes the door to evil. (Majmoo-ul-Fataawaa, 10/256)Ibn taymiyah

Sins are like chains and locks preventing their perpetrator from roaming the vast garden of Tawheed and reaping the fruits of righteous actions. (Majmoo-ul-Fataawaa, 14/49)Ibn taymiyah

Assalam O Alikum

ayan333
06-30-2009, 05:33 PM

MashALLAH well said

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.