/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Camels in America

ardianto
06-24-2009, 06:34 AM
I know, maybe this is a childish thread, :D but, anyone know Lucky Luke comic ?

I found a story in a Lucky Luke comic, in 19th century American imported camels from Arabian, for used as riding animal in desert area. Those camels came with their trainer, Hajj Ali, an Arab Muslim. American called him Hi Jolly.
I don't remember the rest of it story, because I read it when I was kid.

However,except in Lucky Luke comic, I never hear about camels in America. So, if camels really came to America, then what's happened with those camels ?. And was Hajj Ali a true person ?.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
06-24-2009, 07:11 AM
yeah they have camel races here

http://www.2camels.com/international-camel-races.php

if I weren't half asleep, I'd find you a better website..

:w:

ardianto
06-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Why I made this thread ? that's because I see camels in every Indonesian zoo were came from Australia, not Arabia.
I have read in some articles, Australian rides camels in desert area. And even I read, many racing camels in Gulf countries are Australian camels. Of course, those Australian camels were imported from Arabia, because camel is not origin animal of Australia.

Then I remember to that Lucky Luke comic. And I am wondering, if camels came to America in 19th century, why I never heard anything about camels in U.S ? what's happened with those camels ?

And now my question has answered. Jazak Allahu khairan, sister. :)

alcurad
06-24-2009, 04:58 PM
camels are cool.

also, they conveyed an advantage to the Arabs when they were conquering.

^not sure how that relates:/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.