/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Mistake, the guilt and (despair?)

anonymous
06-24-2009, 03:17 PM
:sl:

I committed a sin unknowingly, I knew it was wrong but I didn't know it was a sin. Bottom line, I have repented for it with a true heart and sincere tears, and I have cried and begged to my Lord to forgive me. The problem is that I still sometimes feel very, very bad I committed that sin, when I do not think I could ever go that level (It's not that bad, just...a small sin....but is still a sin). Are these guilt feelings put into my heart by the shaitan who wants me to keep thinking about the sin? Who wants me to despair that my Lord won't forgive me for it? Please help.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sister_22013
06-24-2009, 04:04 PM
You comitted it unknowlingly and repented. You now need to think that Allah has forgiven you, and yes it is shaitaan that is making you think you haven't been forgiven. I'm not completely sure but I think it is haram to think that you are beyond forgiveness, since many of Allah's names are All Merciful, All Forgiving etc.

The only sin that gets you to Heaven is the one that makes you repent and come closer to Allah. It's all good, no need to worry, just let it go and move now. Simply vow to never commit the deed again.

Waalaikumsalam

Ali_008
06-25-2009, 03:34 AM

Just put a little thought to these verses of Surah Zumar :

53. Say: "O 'Ibadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

54. "And turn in repentance and in obedience with true Faith (Islamic Monotheism) to your Lord and submit to Him, (in Islam), before the torment comes upon you, then you will not be helped.

55. "And follow the best of that which is sent down to you from your Lord (i.e. this Qur'an, do what it orders you to do and keep away from what it forbids), before the torment comes on you suddenly while you perceive not!"

So its good that you regret it and are repenting from it. Don't Forget, He is AL-GAFFÂR - The Forgiver, AT-TAWWÂB - The Granter and Accepter of repentance

- IqRa -
06-25-2009, 01:24 PM
"Are my sins vast or is Your Mercy greater than them?
Please tell me O my Lord..."

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
06-25-2009, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

I committed a sin unknowingly, I knew it was wrong but I didn't know it was a sin. Bottom line, I have repented for it with a true heart and sincere tears, and I have cried and begged to my Lord to forgive me. The problem is that I still sometimes feel very, very bad I committed that sin, when I do not think I could ever go that level (It's not that bad, just...a small sin....but is still a sin). Are these guilt feelings put into my heart by the shaitan who wants me to keep thinking about the sin? Who wants me to despair that my Lord won't forgive me for it? Please help.
Assalamu Alaikum

We all go through these guilty feelings. It is only normal. You have to understand that, you recognised what you did was wrong and asked for forgiveness. You cannot do anything to change the past. Just don't do it again.

Life is a test, and everyone will make mistakes intentionally and unintentionally. What matters you ask for forgiveness and never do it again.

Think positively and think of all the good you can do in the future.

anonymous
06-25-2009, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muminin
You comitted it unknowlingly and repented. You now need to think that Allah has forgiven you, and yes it is shaitaan that is making you think you haven't been forgiven. I'm not completely sure but I think it is haram to think that you are beyond forgiveness, since many of Allah's names are All Merciful, All Forgiving etc.

The only sin that gets you to Heaven is the one that makes you repent and come closer to Allah. It's all good, no need to worry, just let it go and move now. Simply vow to never commit the deed again.

Waalaikumsalam
Thank you. InshaAllah I wont do it again.

anonymous
06-25-2009, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008

Just put a little thought to these verses of Surah Zumar :

53. Say: "O 'Ibadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

54. "And turn in repentance and in obedience with true Faith (Islamic Monotheism) to your Lord and submit to Him, (in Islam), before the torment comes upon you, then you will not be helped.

55. "And follow the best of that which is sent down to you from your Lord (i.e. this Qur'an, do what it orders you to do and keep away from what it forbids), before the torment comes on you suddenly while you perceive not!"

So its good that you regret it and are repenting from it. Don't Forget, He is AL-GAFFÂR - The Forgiver, AT-TAWWÂB - The Granter and Accepter of repentance
The first ayah always brings tears to my eyes. Thank you brother Ali.

anonymous
06-25-2009, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
"Are my sins vast or is Your Mercy greater than them?
Please tell me O my Lord..."
Definitely my Allah's Rahmah :exhausted

anonymous
06-25-2009, 02:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Assalamu Alaikum

We all go through these guilty feelings. It is only normal. You have to understand that, you recognised what you did was wrong and asked for forgiveness. You cannot do anything to change the past. Just don't do it again.

Life is a test, and everyone will make mistakes intentionally and unintentionally. What matters you ask for forgiveness and never do it again.

Think positively and think of all the good you can do in the future.
I cannot change the past, that is true.

May Allah reward you all with jannat ul firdows for such beautiful quotes and quran ayahs and advice ameen :cry:

anonymous
07-24-2009, 09:40 AM
I feel sick again...everytime I think about is I feel sick...Ya Allah...+o( imsad :'(

Cabdullahi
07-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Maybe this guilt is a blessing in disguise it might be a deterrent for you to not commit the sin again

anonymous
07-24-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm going to throw up...

Ummu Sufyaan
07-24-2009, 12:03 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...-accepted.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.