/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dawah to a Muslim..

paradise88
06-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Salaam brothers and sisters reading this.
I know it sounds strange saying 'dawah to a muslim' but I have a friend/family friend and she is a muslim so to say and i am quite close to her. However her family did not teach her or her siblings islam. Most things they do are haram in fact.. Aplogies if im saying this all wrong.

As a friend/sister in islam im sure it is my duty to guide her a little. I do say things but it hasn't done much. I dont know how to say it because she is a family friend and i dont want to offend her or make her feel i am patronising. I feel guilty sometimes when I see the way they are living like islam does not exist. When i think about day of judgement and what life really means I get scared and looking at people who are going to the wrong path makes me think.. What should I do? And is it my duty to do something? :-[

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-24-2009, 09:29 PM
:sl:

Sis you did your job, which was to convey Islam to them. The best form of dawah is through your actions i.e. being humble, gentle, kind and a good listener. All these things and more, if seen through your actions inshaAllah soon they might take notice. Ultimately in the end, Allah(swt) is the one who guides. Just continue to make du'a for them. If your friend has questions, inshaAllah be ready to answer and help her or even direct her here :)

All the best xx

:w:

paradise88
06-25-2009, 05:07 PM
I wish she had questions but nothing its like she doesnt care.. I dont blame her as her parents never taught them anything regarding islam.. Her parents been umrah yet they still dont always pray etc :s

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-25-2009, 05:09 PM
SubhanAllah...not even a little? Keep making du'a for them sis inshallah. Your doing ur best so may Allah reward u, ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
paradise88
06-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Well sis when it comes to things that suits 'them' then yeah.. but sometimes theyre things that are an out dated version of islam and i mean things like when people go mad to finish the Quran but now people are learning more about grammer and the meaning. They do fast during Ramadhan mashallah but dont always pray or eat halal food :s i feel bad saying this but when u stay with people who are not very islamic some people get tempted to be like them. Bad habits seem appealing n u feel oppressed.

Im not saying i feel like that lol but with many ppl its like that. Inshallah I will do duah for them :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-26-2009, 01:31 PM
^^Lol I understand sis. may Allah guide them and keep you guided, ameen :wub:

All the best xx

paradise88
06-26-2009, 09:14 PM
Its funny i get religious messages (texts) from her... I really needed to start doing duah for her and evryone. Im not good at duahs.. I hope im doing right.. dont wna miss things out i knw i sound weird lol

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-26-2009, 09:22 PM
lol u did? what did she say?

paradise88
06-27-2009, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
lol u did? what did she say?
I deleted it lol but I remember one which said something about Allah (swt) and about love :s it wasn't that bad lol however when she sends them silly ones like send to this many people and this will happen to you etc it annoys me! :statisfie

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-27-2009, 09:10 PM
^^Lol ya those are rather erm...but hey, look at it this way sis, at least its on her mind. Keep making du'a. Btw u should send some texts like that too :)

paradise88
06-27-2009, 09:11 PM
lol sis i do and i did today infact but no reply even though she got unlimited texts. You sound like a nice outgoing person mashallah :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-27-2009, 09:13 PM
^^Lol well I could be but I'm home most of the time ;D hehe. But ty :wub:

That's good u do. Reply or not, she's readin em! :D inshallah.

Najm
06-27-2009, 09:21 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

When it comes to dawah, it is very important to be practising yourself. As well as have some kind of understanding of the topics your mentioning. Also you have to be patient and make lots of dua's.

Finally, always do everything for the sake of Allah Subhana WaTa'ala.

FiAmaaniAllah

paradise88
06-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Yup Alhamdulillah I am practising and want to learn more and become a better muslim inshallah

Muhaba
06-28-2009, 02:23 PM
you should speak to her indirectly, like you can say "you know i was reading the other day ..." or "so and so (a friend of yours or someone online) said ..." and tell her about the punishments in the grave, hell, etc. a little bit at a time. not a long lecture, but maybe a few minutes long. You can recite verses of the Quraan about these things and see if they affect her. or maybe you two can get together with another practicing muslima and then you and the other practicing muslima can talk about a religious topic (punishment in hell or the importance of being a good muslim or all the drawbacks of the kufr system) & see if it affects this sister. Furthermore, whenever she sends you religious text messages, reply with a good religious message. Insha-Allah in time she may start to change.

May Allah guide everyone.

paradise88
06-28-2009, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
you should speak to her indirectly, like you can say "you know i was reading the other day ..." or "so and so (a friend of yours or someone online) said ..." and tell her about the punishments in the grave, hell, etc. a little bit at a time. not a long lecture, but maybe a few minutes long. You can recite verses of the Quraan about these things and see if they affect her. or maybe you two can get together with another practicing muslima and then you and the other practicing muslima can talk about a religious topic (punishment in hell or the importance of being a good muslim or all the drawbacks of the kufr system) & see if it affects this sister. Furthermore, whenever she sends you religious text messages, reply with a good religious message. Insha-Allah in time she may start to change.

So true, my mum mentions alot when they come over they seem so interested and listen but never act upon it which is a shame. Inshallah I will make it a small mission to try my best to help her after all it is kinda my duty and i dont wnt to be friends with pppl who will tempt me to go the other way :-[

paradise88
06-28-2009, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
^^Lol well I could be but I'm home most of the time ;D hehe. But ty :wub:

That's good u do. Reply or not, she's readin em! :D inshallah.
Im also at home most of the time :p its funny people dont want to hear the truth because they know its the truth but something stops them

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-28-2009, 03:50 PM
^^Ya sis, it's sad really.

Ameen to the du'a btw.

paradise88
06-29-2009, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba

Can u tell me some punishments in the grave.. well abit about it? Wish I had a friend or someone to discuss islam with. I live in such a ridiculous place..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.