/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Obscene and Disturbing Ads!

Beardo
06-24-2009, 10:37 PM
I am very apologetic about the current Ads. I did receive various complaints about that matrimonial site link, and the human pictures. I myself am very upset, as before I had signed the contract, I specifically mentioned that I do NOT want those matrimonial Ads.

I sincerely apologize, and I ask for your forgiveness on my own behalf. Please remember, the Staff did NOT have any part in this. This was my own fault and the lack of me not being able to oversee properly what was being placed on the forum. The truth is, there is no other way to pay for the high expenses of this site but Ads, or my other option would be to begin charging for all of the services we offer now, as well as the future Academy etc. Which is intended to be for free and available for all.

Again, deeply apologize. It is on the top of my priority list, and I seek everyone's forgiveness. I am trying my best right now. I did not expect this to come about, but it did. I know most of the members here preserve their dignity by lowering their gazes, and I have not made it any easier. They sincerely came to this forum with the correct intention, and these Ads are not making it any easier. Astaghfirullah.

Sincerely,
Rashad Abdullah (eHafiz)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
06-24-2009, 10:45 PM
I sent the following letter to our contractors:

Assalamu Alaykum,

I know I messaged you earlier, but I am currently being pressured from behind. Many of our sincere members are diligent about their gazes, and as for the staff, they are more worried about the sanctity of the site. Alhamdulillah, our site has only been able to come through this far with the help of Allah Ta'ala, through hardworking people such as yourself. However, our fear contains the fact that if we advertise these sites that have pictures of humans on them, it will not only destroy the Imaan of the participating members, but also that the connection of help from Allah will be detatched. I humbly forward this Hadith:

أن ابن عباس رضي الله عنهما قال أخبرني أبو طلحة رضي الله عنه صاحب رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم وكان قد شهد بدرا مع رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم أنه قال ( لا تدخل الملائكة بيتا فيه كلب ولا صورة ) . يريد صورة التماثيل التي فيها الأرواح
(Bukhari pg570, Deoband)
Rasulullah (salallahu alaihi wasallam) has mentioned: “The Angels (of mercy) do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a picture (i.e. of animate objects)

The same ruling applies to animate objects. We do not mind the matrimonial site itself (there is a contreversy), but the pictures of that couple and the cartoonic faces are troubling many of us. I know this is very picky and obsessively annoying. However, please do honor our request. We appreciate your effort, and do not mean to be a means of irritation.

Assalamu Alaykum,
Rashad Abdullah
Jannah Network Head Administrator:w:
---

The Ruler
06-24-2009, 10:52 PM
I don't ever look at the ads. So I never noticed the picture of the man and the woman until now. =_=''' Is it not possible to 'close' the Notice tab/section?

Beardo
06-24-2009, 10:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
I don't ever look at the ads. So I never noticed the picture of the man and the woman until now. =_=''' Is it not possible to 'close' the Notice tab/section?
I should make that an option...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mysterious Uk
06-24-2009, 10:57 PM
It is so good to see the quick reaction to this (bad) situation.:thumbs_up

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-24-2009, 10:58 PM
:sl:

Firefox + AdBlock Plus is awesome..I didn't even know we had ads :confused:

Yanal
06-24-2009, 11:00 PM
:salamext:
Bismillahair Rahmaan Niraheem
Ok insh'Allah we will corperate with you on this matter and trust that you are guiding this forum to the bright light at the end of the tunnel. Insh'Allah this matter will be resolved soon enough. I cannot see anymore ads except the Ummah advertisment.

Walakum Asalam Warakmatulah Wabarkatuh

crayon
06-24-2009, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd al-Rahman

Haha, exactly.

format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
I should make that an option...
Wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of the ads, though?

Beardo
06-24-2009, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Haha, exactly.

Wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of the ads, though?

mm. Well, it gives people an option. And I think it's for the betterment. Let's see, Insha'Allah, what comes our way. One at a time.

Though, I am deeply sorry about this. Guess my changes aren't coming out too great, are they? :X

crayon
06-24-2009, 11:13 PM
mm. Well, it gives people an option. And I think it's for the betterment. Let's see, Insha'Allah, what comes our way. One at a time.

Though, I am deeply sorry about this. Guess my changes aren't coming out too great, are they? :X
True, I guess.

It takes time, there's bound to be the occasional obstacle here and there, if everything always went smoothly we'd never get that satisfaction we do when all the effort we've put into something eventually pays off. Just keep doing what you're doing and inshaAllah you'll see things improving daily.

Yanal
To be honest,no though your ideas are good,you need to take help from the other admins because they have more experience.

The Ruler
You're doing rather well for a young admin.

... And that's the only compliment you'll get from me. Savor it.

Tony
06-24-2009, 11:16 PM
brother, I knew something had gone amiss, dont feel bad these things happen, just chalk it to experience we can see your trying hard here so its cool brother. mistakes happen, may Allah guide you and reward you for all your righteous efforts, Ameen

Beardo
06-24-2009, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
To be honest,no though your ideas are good,you need to take help from the other admins because they have more experience.

Typically, I do take advice from a few scholars, people I admire and respect, and the Network administration. As far as the IslamicBoard administration, I generally ask them for an opinion, but do not wish to disturb them from their honorable and much organized work. I admire them as well.

You're doing rather well for a young admin.

... And that's the only compliment you'll get from me. Savor it.
So I heard lol... Jazakumullah! I do feel honored :D
format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony
brother, I knew something had gone amiss, dont feel bad these things happen, just chalk it to experience we can see your trying hard here so its cool brother. mistakes happen, may Allah guide you and reward you for all your righteous efforts, Ameen
Ameen! Jazakallah. By the way, I tried IMing you from gtalk for a quick sound test before Saturday. :X

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-24-2009, 11:30 PM
lol may Allah reward you for ur efforts, inshaAllah, ameen.

Btw I never noticed the ads as much either lol. Now that u mention it i will :X
Erm I think that option would be a good idea :D

Güven
06-24-2009, 11:33 PM

Thank you very much!

I didn't even know it existed :uuh:

It's gooooone :D

Beardo
06-24-2009, 11:56 PM
Reply!:

Walaikum'salam Brother ------,

The Muslim ad network has reviewed your requests and will be making the necessary adjustments shortly insh'Allah. We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you and your members.

Now that we understand your criteria for serving advertisements, we will take it into high consideration when running campaigns on your website (www.islamicboard.com)

Jazaku'Allah Khair.

------------

w00t!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-25-2009, 12:04 AM
^^MashaAllah, may u all be rewarded :D ameen

ragdollcat1982
06-25-2009, 12:44 AM
Could the it be possible that the man and woman are husband and wife?

Beardo
06-25-2009, 12:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ragdollcat1982
Could the it be possible that the man and woman are husband and wife?
lol, regardless, I don't think it's right to have pictures on the Forum. Just because they are married, doesn't give us permission to look at them. :D

Yanal
06-25-2009, 02:49 AM
It would be a concidence if they are partners of life. I agree with bro eHafiz,we should not invade their privacy.

Beardo
06-25-2009, 03:00 AM
It would be a concidence if they are partners of life. I agree with bro eHafiz,we should not invade their privacy.
That's not actually what I said. :D

If they cared about privacy, they wouldn't go around modeling.

What I meant to say was that what they do or not do is not our business. But their pictures can bring harm to our forum spiritually, statistically, and mentally. Best to be safe and steer clear of these pictures!

If the contractors do wish to put matrimonial Ads, it's fine I suppose... (I won't be supportive of it, but I can't restrict them so much.) But I will be against any pictures with eyes or modeling etc.

Beardo
06-25-2009, 03:03 AM
Well, another question, how do YOU pronounce the word Nikah?

Nih-kah
or
Nee-kah
or post how you pronounce it...

Yanal
06-25-2009, 03:10 AM
First one^

And that was suppose to be humour?

Yanal
06-25-2009, 03:10 AM
Anyway it means the same thing even if you pronunce it incorrect bro..

Beardo
06-25-2009, 03:17 AM
Nah, it was just because the other day I came across someone who pronounced it nih-kah, so I was pondering over it... I pronounce it nee-kah.

AabiruSabeel
06-25-2009, 04:01 AM
Same here. AdBlock, Flash Block, FoxFilter etc are excellent.

Is it not possible to 'close' the Notice tab/section?
Including this option will be very helpful. I second that.
Well, another question, how do YOU pronounce the word Nikah?

Nih-kah
or
Nee-kah
or post how you pronounce it...
Ni-kaaH نِـكَـاح

Yanal
06-25-2009, 04:41 AM
But that would mean/ruin the purpose of ads thus giving the possibility to not pay this forum to advertise.

Beardo
06-25-2009, 05:52 AM
But that would mean/ruin the purpose of ads thus giving the possibility to not pay this forum to advertise.
Nah, Insha'Allah, I don't think that has an effect.

Beardo
01-23-2010, 04:44 AM
Anyone have any complaints with the advertisements?

Woodrow
01-23-2010, 05:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad

No complaint here. But, to be honest the only one I actually notice is the Muxlim one. Are there others?

Beardo
01-23-2010, 10:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

No complaint here. But, to be honest the only one I actually notice is the Muxlim one. Are there others?
That's the one I usually DON'T see. I usually see the Amana Trust thingy majig.

There are many others. But, anyway, the less you see the better. Someone complained that they were seeing Shaadi.com Ads. Very disappointing.

Fטлку
01-25-2010, 01:25 PM
^ I used to get that one..but now it's just employment and "Ummah's Best"

The models on those Shaadi.com ads are really ugly :skeleton:

Beardo
01-25-2010, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fטлку
^ I used to get that one..but now it's just employment and "Ummah's Best"

The models on those Shaadi.com ads are really ugly :skeleton:
I don't look at people in that manner.

yeah you're right. They were pretty ugly. Not too appealing. :skeleton:

OurIslamic
01-27-2010, 02:33 AM
All I see is the Amana trust fund and sometimes Adsense.

MuslimahBarb
01-27-2010, 03:51 AM
:wa:

Usually the ones I see are the Amana trust, Muxlim, Ummah's best and occasionally netflix.

Beardo
01-27-2010, 03:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimahBarb
:wa:

Usually the ones I see are the Amana trust, Muxlim, Ummah's best and occasionally netflix.
Jazakumullahu for sharing to you and Bro OurIslamic. If you ever feel even the slightest discomfort with any of the Ads, please let me know.

That goes for everyone, for that matter.

MuslimahBarb
01-27-2010, 03:57 AM
Will do, Brother Rashad. Thanks for all you do to make this a forum we all feel comfortable in coming back to again and again.

Danah
01-27-2010, 08:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Since I used the ads blocker few months ago when the ads began to appear, it became totally fine with me, I do highly advise everyone to use it too.

Beardo
02-05-2010, 05:12 AM
I've recognized some bad adverts myself. I usually subconsciously skip over them but I've been trying to keep my eyes open for them so I can report them.

You don't have to screenshot the Ad if you find it, just tell me what it says and where was it located on the page.

Jazakallah :)

★ηαѕιнα★
02-06-2010, 02:10 PM
I have an idea that might work. Why dont you get ads from Saudi Arabia? Get them on my hotmail too, there clean. That way you will have adds to pay for this forum and there are clean guarenteed. There just adds about some cure against balding and those kind of things. Maybe you could try that?
Hotmail has that western non-muslim adds as well. When your change your options from country: england/holland into country: Saudi Arabia the adds will get changed into "cleaner" ones, Halal ones. Did it to and it works.

Salaam alaikom

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.