/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where is the logic in the US keeping its nukes while asking others to disarm?

AntiKarateKid
06-24-2009, 11:52 PM
Person A: Put down your nukes and stop trying to make new ones! And stop scaring my little bro!
Person B: You first! You're the only one who used it. And besides your bro has more than 200 of them.

I'm sure if you were person B, you'd be like "WTH?!". Person A was America, his little bro was Israel, and B was Iran. Why doesn't the US set an example and start disarming itself? And Israel too. You might say, Iran is instable. But the US is the only country ever to have used a nuke and Israel illegally developed its own nukes in the 60s. It just doesn't seem fair to a random guy on the internet and it sure as hek is to the leaders and people of the country so why does everyone in the West get dramatic over Iran's refusal to stop?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
06-25-2009, 11:03 AM
Iran nuclear energy program is used for peaceful purposes. The IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency ) had supported Iran nuclear energy program.

I guess the Western government gets a little dramatic over anything that other countries do. My question is why?

aamirsaab
06-25-2009, 01:05 PM
It's what they have always done; the mentality used is ''I am right, I hold the moral high ground, I am superior''. They had it when they first colonised America (and wiped out native Americans), in Nam (though, this was more of a distraction from problems at home; but they did use the ''they want to take our freedoms away'' card to facilitate it...which is quite reminiscent of today...), with the Commies and are doing it now with Afghanis/Iraqis/Iranians.

You're right though, there is no logic in the US keeping nukes and telling everyone else off for having them (especially given that they are the only country to actually have launched them).

I found it difficult to accept but after a while, you begin to realise that there's no point in fighting against it: The sheer amount of funding the US puts into its military alone is ridiculous; you could feed an entire continent with that kind of money. So, you know, their love for military and war is quite clear (in other words: with or without nukes, they are dangerous!)

Personally, I'd rather everyone disarm their nukes (with American going first, but with it being a super power it's unlikely!) and pool their resources into funding Hospitals/NHS systems; It's a bigger worry for me that this is not the standard than America’s hypocritical stance on nukes; what with all this talk about being modern and civilised.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-25-2009, 01:38 PM
:sl:

You're so right. This is something I always wonder. It's hypocritical.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zafran
06-25-2009, 02:06 PM
salaam

It is hypocrictical

America spends the most on arms - all over the worlds expenditure on arms combined is less then what the US spends - they also gave Isreal nukes introducuing nukes in the mid east region.

Your right US is the only country that used a nuke and gave it preety freely to other nations

Its also the country thats been invading a lot of countries - Iran hasnt done any of that from 1979 and furthermore the Irianian supreme leader is against nukes anyway - he gave a fatwa on them calling them evil.

Your also right that US the thinks it has the moral high ground - thats why it is willing to use force or militery power on any country to push its own political agenda and then they tell other people that they have renounce violence - pure hypocricy there.

Its foriegn policy is nor more then colonalism/imperilaistic. You can see the double standards preety openly.

Zafran
06-25-2009, 02:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Iran nuclear energy program is used for peaceful purposes. The IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency ) had supported Iran nuclear energy program.

I guess the Western government gets a little dramatic over anything that other countries do. My question is why?
Its because they fear another power like Iran in the region - Iran supplies arms to HezboAllah and Hamas - Its also got a big influence on Pakistan, west Afgahistan and Iraq - if it had a nuke it would became a serious power threat to the US and its pawns.

GuestFellow
06-25-2009, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
Its because they fear another power like Iran in the region - Iran supplies arms to HezboAllah and Hamas - Its also got a big influence on Pakistan, west Afgahistan and Iraq - if it had a nuke it would became a serious power threat to the US and its pawns.
Oh I see. Iran also has good relations with Russia too.

Trumble
06-25-2009, 10:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
salaam

Your right US is the only country that used a nuke and gave it preety freely to other nations
Check your facts. They haven't actually given it to anybody at all. Every other nuclear state developed them independently, and about the only technology they have ever shared were delivery systems (Polaris and Trident) with the UK. The fact that the Israelis developed nukes without the Americans even knowing about it is still considered one of the CIA's greatest embarrasments.

Anyway, yes it is hypocritical. Everybody should just get rid of the bl***y things, every one.

GuestFellow
06-25-2009, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Check your facts. They haven't actually given it to anybody at all. Every other nuclear state developed them independently, and about the only technology they have ever shared were delivery systems (Polaris and Trident) with the UK. The fact that the Israelis developed nukes without the Americans even knowing about it is still considered one of the CIA's greatest embarrasments.
It appears then you know your facts. Though where did Israel get the money to develop nuclear weapons? Last time I remembered, America financially supports Israel time to time.

If is the case that Israel is not spending their money wisely and making dangerous weapons, why has not America intervened?

Trumble
06-25-2009, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Though where did Israel get the money to develop nuclear weapons? Last time I remembered, America financially supports Israel time to time.
The full story is HERE. This was fifty years ago, remember, just after the Suez fiasco; a very different set of circumstances from what exists now. If you want to blame anybody, blame the French!

GuestFellow
06-25-2009, 11:28 PM
The full story is HERE. This was fifty years ago, remember, just after the Suez fiasco; a very different set of circumstances from what exists now. If you want to blame anybody, blame the French!
No I am not looking to blame anyone. That is pointless. It does not solve the existing problem.

BTW thanks for posting that link. It had cleared up quite a lot of misconceptions.

Pygoscelis
06-26-2009, 08:47 AM
I agree that it is rather ridiculus for the US to demand disarmament of other nations while they hold the world's biggest army and the most nukes and actually used an atomic bomb once. But the US is also the country that revived for us the lovely concept of "pre-emptive strike" - attacking whoever you want by declaring they may attack you.

Zafran
06-26-2009, 02:01 PM

Anyway, yes it is hypocritical. Everybody should just get rid of the bl***y things, every one.
wow looks like little old Isreal is started to grow a brain - this shows even more hypocricy on there part of not letting the Iranians have one - Your right everybody should dump the nukes.

nocturne
06-27-2009, 06:45 PM
I am sure by Nuclear non-proliferation Treaty, Iran are legally able to develop nuclear technology for civilian use.

darkillusions
06-27-2009, 07:36 PM
America feels they own the world. Thats why they act like this. We need more people like Ahmednijad who have the guts to stand up against the bully America

Najm
06-27-2009, 08:56 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Cause the "superpower" have the authority...

FiAmaaniAllah

Muezzin
06-28-2009, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
Person A: Put down your nukes and stop trying to make new ones! And stop scaring my little bro!
Person B: You first! You're the only one who used it. And besides your bro has more than 200 of them.

I'm sure if you were person B, you'd be like "WTH?!". Person A was America, his little bro was Israel, and B was Iran. Why doesn't the US set an example and start disarming itself? And Israel too. You might say, Iran is instable. But the US is the only country ever to have used a nuke and Israel illegally developed its own nukes in the 60s. It just doesn't seem fair to a random guy on the internet and it sure as hek is to the leaders and people of the country so why does everyone in the West get dramatic over Iran's refusal to stop?
That's showbusiness!

I mean, politics!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.