/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are muslims confused?

Walkinfront
06-25-2009, 12:43 AM
Excellent video by Dr. Zakir Naik. A non-muslim sister asks him about the different mathahib (Hanafi, Malaki, etc.) and he gives an excellent answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGzsWRLYf9M

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
06-30-2009, 07:54 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Walkinfront
Excellent video by Dr. Zakir Naik. A non-muslim sister asks him about the different mathahib (Hanafi, Malaki, etc.) and he gives an excellent answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGzsWRLYf9M

text is available ??

liya
07-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Masallah jazaka allahu khairan

newBro
11-08-2009, 06:18 AM
Assalamualaikum,
I don't agree with dr. Zakir's view. It is simple to say that for any problem we should look at the Quran and Sunnah, but can each and every muslim read the entire Quran with full understanding of tafsir, and all the Hadith with full understanding, and then come to a conclusion? Obviously not. This is something that only very few people can reliably do. So following any of the four imams is just following their viewpoints that they gathered after spending their entire lives gaining knowledge.

btw, i would like to warn you that some of the answers that he gives related to fiqh are contrary to what the majority of others say. For example, he was asked about insurance and he said it is allowed, except those that involve riba. This is incorrect according to Hanafi and the so-called salafi points of view. I don't know about the Shafi, Maliki and Hanbali points of view. The details for hanafi and salafi reasons can be found at http://askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.php?a...f601f3898bdf22 and
http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/8889/insurance , respectively.

I don't know about other issues but I've found him to be unreliable in terms of fiqh, but for comparative religion, he seems to be the most knowledegable.

Wassalam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Walkinfront
11-09-2009, 06:24 AM
Jazakallah for the link you provided. Inshallah I will learn from it.

I see what your saying brother about Dr. Zakir and your right, but this should be a lesson for all those people that follow their methodology as if its a religion on its own.

OurIslamic
11-13-2009, 08:03 PM
Nice, informative video.

Al-manar
11-15-2009, 07:59 PM

Zakir is a talented Muslim
May Allah bless him

Sameera
11-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Yes you are correct about this. Although masha Allah he is a good Muslim, he does make mistakes the same as anyone else as does, as all human beings do. The main thing is we take what is good and leave what is dubious, forgive and be united as Muslims as Allah swt wants and not be divided. Each Muslim needs to go to the basics and learn how to be more tolerant, respectful, use our integrity and humilty when communicating with one another and when discussing Islam and using Islamic ettiquette when disagreeing, including scholars.

http://web.youngmuslims.ca/online_li...slam/index.htm

Ws

Ceerigaabo
11-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Asalamu Alaykum

I hope you are well, and Happy Eid,

Secondly th Question was " Are muslims confused?

First and Foremost as many of you mentioned, that everything we should return to Allah and his messenger, meaning, The Quran and Sunnah, with the understanding of our pious predessocers.

Unfortunately nowadays anyone can give an aswer and give Fatawa "Islamic Verdict", with little knowledge, and this has cuased havoc between muslims, and all this goes back t the great hadeeth of the prophet peace be upon him,

" Narrated Irbad ibn Sariyah: AbdurRahman ibn Amr as-Sulami and Hujr ibn Hujr said: We came to Irbad ibn Sariyah who was among those about whom the following verse was revealed: "Nor (is there blame) on those who come to thee to be provided with mounts, and when thou saidst: "I can find no mounts for you." We greeted him and said: We have come to see you to give healing and obtain benefit from you. Al-Irbad said: One day the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) led us in prayer, then faced us and gave us a lengthy exhortation at which the eyes shed tears and the hearts were afraid. A man said: Apostle of Allah! It seems as if it were a farewell exhortation, so what injunction do you give us? He then said: I enjoin you to fear Allah, and to hear and obey even if it be an Abyssinian slave, for those of you who live after me will see great disagreement. You must then follow my sunnah and that of the rightly-guided caliphs. Hold to it and stick fast to it. Avoid novelties, for every novelty is an innovation, and every innovation is an error. Sunan Abu Dawud

I belive if we hold fast to this, nothing will go wrong, but are we?

Allah knows best

wasalaaam

desert winds
12-17-2009, 09:49 AM
the majority of the msulism are in some kind of confusion, they say things and link them up with islam! they dont really have a lcue what they are talkign about!
if you talk some msulims they come out with some pretty strange things:

'' im pregnant by my fiance but it doesnt matter were goin got get married anyway!''
'' i go clubbing but im not a slapper, i dont drink!''
''Allahswt is so almighty he will hear my prayers i dont need to do salah!''
''why dont you just wear your jeans with your hijaab? your hairs covered so its not an issue!''
''i dont like to backbite but you know such and such and such...''
''ill do my pilgrimage when im old, i want to have fun right now!''

no offence to you guys who use the above lines!

Asiyah3
01-07-2010, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by desert winds
the majority of the msulism are in some kind of confusion, they say things and link them up with islam! they dont really have a lcue what they are talkign about!
if you talk some msulims they come out with some pretty strange things:

'' im pregnant by my fiance but it doesnt matter were goin got get married anyway!''
'' i go clubbing but im not a slapper, i dont drink!''
''Allahswt is so almighty he will hear my prayers i dont need to do salah!''
''why dont you just wear your jeans with your hijaab? your hairs covered so its not an issue!''
''i dont like to backbite but you know such and such and such...''
''ill do my pilgrimage when im old, i want to have fun right now!''

no offence to you guys who use the above lines!
I hope this post would be a "threadstart-post"

Very true, sister

Last time, I was speaking with this lady, and we were speaking about hijab-clothes. I tried to not offend her, but she forced me to tell my opinion about the way she dresses. So I told her that I think she doesn't even dress like a muslimwoman- se covers her body, yes but she puts jeans and only a little taller shirt & a hat to cover her hair. I told her that the Qur'aan says in the verse:

“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allaah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful”

I told her that if I wouldn't have known her and seen her on streets i wouldn't honestly know she's a muslim.

In the end I hear this from her and many others "we can't be 100% if we want to be 100%, we have to change our lives wholy"

I told her about his hadith

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“Religion is easy, and no one overburdens himself in his religion but he will be unable to continue in that way. So do not be extremists, but try to be near perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded. ..”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (39) and Muslim (2816).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.