/* */

PDA

View Full Version : so this man jus mocked islam....

IbnAbdulHakim
06-25-2009, 08:00 PM
and im pretty freakin... :raging: :raging: :raging:

first time EVA since i started practisin (3 years now) and im a bit surprised for real, i had no chance to let out my rage coz i was too far away and the man just got into his car and drove off.

he was loudly shouting "f islam this, and f Allah thaT"

it made me so sick i started punchin the wall...

my question: is it wrong to beat up a man like that next time i come across one?

i dont care if he mocks me, but i cant hack it when he mocks ALlah and islam.

seriously?

Assalamu Alaikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
06-25-2009, 08:03 PM
That guy sounds like an idiot who was trying to goad you on. Don't fall into his trap.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-25-2009, 08:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
That guy sounds like an idiot who was trying to goad you on. Don't fall into his trap.
easy to say bro... i still feel vexxed.

i k now of times when abu bakr and umar (radhiallahu anhuma) lashed out on people who mocked Allah and his messenger.. so cant we do the same?

Zafran
06-25-2009, 08:05 PM
I can remember when i was in college walking home and a man screamed anti Islamic slur and drove off...........It was after the 7/7 attacks.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
UmmSqueakster
06-25-2009, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
easy to say bro... i still feel vexxed.

i k now of times when abu bakr and umar (radhiallahu anhuma) lashed out on people who mocked Allah and his messenger.. so cant we do the same?
And how did the Prophet (saws) respond to them? If I remember correctly, he remained patient and admonished his sahaba to do likewise.

czgibson
06-25-2009, 08:14 PM
Greetings,
my question: is it wrong to beat up a man like that next time i come across one?
How is beating someone up going to help the situation?

Peace

Tony
06-25-2009, 08:32 PM
What the guy needs is a kick in the pants, however what Islam needs and what is better for ur soul is just to ignore and allow Allah to dish out the retribution. If he had attacked u physically however then u have to give him a righteous beating bro :D

Abdul Fattah
06-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Selam aleykum
Be patient brother. No it wouldn't be allowed for you to just attack him. Instead if you come into a situation like this again, invite to debate in the best of manners, and if he insist on this attitude just ignore them/him.

Oh btw, this just made me think about this specific poem. Does anybody recall it? I looked for it but couldn't find it. It was from a sahabi in reply to somebody who slandered the prophet, something among the lines of:
"Oh you who persists on banging your head against the mountain of Islam, Stop it! I tell you this, not because I fear that you will hurt Islam by doing so, but rather because I fear you will destroy your head in doing so."

The Ruler
06-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Egg his house on Halloween.

Tony
06-25-2009, 08:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
gets my vote

muslimah 4 life
06-25-2009, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
Good one!:thumbs_up

glo
06-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Are there any examples how Muhammed acted when people ridiculed Islam and Allah?
I suppose that would be a good example to follow ...
What would Muhammed have done?

GuestFellow
06-25-2009, 09:47 PM
and im pretty freakin... :raging: :raging: :raging:

first time EVA since i started practisin (3 years now) and im a bit surprised for real, i had no chance to let out my rage coz i was too far away and the man just got into his car and drove off.

he was loudly shouting "f islam this, and f Allah thaT"

it made me so sick i started punchin the wall...

i dont care if he mocks me, but i cant hack it when he mocks ALlah and islam.

seriously?

Assalamu Alaikum
Walaikum Assalam.

Brother what are you hope to achieve by beating this man up? The other man is clearly looking for trouble and is trying to aggravate you.

As soon as you loose your temper and attack him, he will label you as a terrorist. Is that what you want?

Some Muslims need to control their emotions. This is what Islam has been teaching us, self control, for centuries. Are you going to throw those teaching away?

Your not setting a good example. Your a proud Muslim and portray what Muslims are truly are. Please don't attack him. It will tarnish you and the Muslim community reputation.

I hope I am not coming across as being harsh. I admit I get extremely upset/angry when someone insults my religion, but I don't let my anger get the best of me.

You need to remain calm and ignore him. Remember that man will get punished for his crimes in the next life. Allah will severely teach him a good lesson that he will never forget.

As for now, relax and try to control your emotions. Try to show people that your a good Muslim, not a violent one. We already have the media tarnishing our reputation as it is. If you meet another person like him again, take a deep breath and wake away.

aamirsaab
06-25-2009, 10:12 PM
:sl:
Your anger is understandable; it's exactly how I feel about certain r-tard islam-haters on youtube etc. The're just being jerks and the best thing to do is ignore them (and I know how hard that can be, too!).

The people who taunt at you like that and then leg it are the same ones who will sue you for retaliating. And they'll probably succeed, too.

The only time I would say: ''fine, kick his ass'' is if he squares upto you or starts attacking you. Then, my friend, the gloves are well and truly off. Of course, he'd still probably try and sue you for it. The jerk.

GuestFellow
06-25-2009, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

The people who taunt at you like that and then leg it are the same ones who will sue you for retaliating. And they'll probably succeed, too.
Yes there is a possibility of double liability may occur, where case may take place in the Magistrates and Country court. Where Criminal and Civil trials are heard. Though the defendant can counter sue in the Country court.

The only time I would say: ''fine, kick his ass'' is if he squares upto you or starts attacking you. Then, my friend, the gloves are well and truly off. Of course, he'd still probably try and sue you for it. The jerk.
I agree, self-defence is allowed, however reasonable force should be used. Not excessive, the courts will not see it as self-defence if he did not use reasonable force to protect himself.

For example, if someone came and got into a fight with me. It would be reasonable for me to push him and run. It would not be reasonable for me to push him, kick several times in the face and then grab a glass bottle and smash it on the guys head. :skeleton:

I heard of criminal cases where the defendant used self-defense for justification of his actions, however the courts decide whether the force used was reasonable.

I just thought people should keep that in mind. :/

Intisar
06-25-2009, 10:48 PM
If you snuff him you'll be giving him a reason to call Muslims violent and terrorists. Don't help him (albeit indirectly) perpetuate his hatred towards Muslims, be gentle like our nabi Muhammad sal'Allaahu 'alayhi wasalaam.

Trumble
06-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Yes. Quite apart from getting into trouble (and I'm afraid aamirsab is quite right about that), why sink to the level of an idiot like that? I'd give Abdul Fattah's suggestion about inviting a debate 10/10 for style but perhaps rather less for smart thinking.. that sort of person is just going to think you are mocking them and that would just lead to trouble. It isn't worth it. Just ignore them.

Ummu Sufyaan
06-26-2009, 02:42 AM
depends on the situation. if they are close enough, i usually say/do something otherwise id have to let it go as im simply unable to do anything...

north_malaysian
06-26-2009, 03:07 AM
In the corner of the marketplace of Madinah, was a blind Jewish beggar, who would cry out daily to all those who came near him," O my brothers, don't be near Muhammad! He's a lunatic, he's a liar, a sorcerer! If you are to be close to him, you will be influenced by him!" No matter whoever approached him, the blind Jewish beggar will definitely not waste his chance to incite them to hate the Prophet Muhammad, Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam (peace be upon him)! All kinds of curses would spew forth from the beggar's lips even though he had never known the Prophet personally! The news about the blind Jewish beggar's daily cursing and badmouthing him came to the knowledge of the Prophet Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam! Even then, the Holy Prophet Muhammad did not get angry and he ignored the blind Jewish beggar's insults against himself! On the contrary, from that day onwards, at each morning, the Prophet Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam visited the blind beggar and brought food for him! Without saying a single word, the Blessed Messenger (peace be upon him) would feed the beggar with his own hand! The blind beggar would chew the food being fed to him and eat contentedly. Once he was full, he'd express his gratitude without knowing that the one who had fed him was the Holy Prophet of Allah, Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam! The Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam continued to feed the blind beggar without fail each day till the day he died! Throughout his service to the blind beggar, he never identified himself to the blind Jewish beggar! After the Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam had passed away, no one brought food to the blind beggar anymore! The blind Jewish beggar waited daily and was perplexed as to why the kind man did no longer come to feed him and provide for him as he had done all this while. The blind beggar waited in vain for the kind gentleman who had never missed visiting him each and every morning all these while .

One day, the closest Companion of the Holy Prophet Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam, Saiyidina Abu Bakar As Siddiq @ The Truthful One, Radhiallahu Anhu (May Allah be pleased with him) visited the home of his daughter, Saiyidatina Aishah, Radhiallahu Anha (May Allah be pleased with her), the widow of the Blessed Messenger (SAW). Abu Bakar asked Aishah, " O my child, is there any habit of my beloved (Prophet) that I have yet to carry on?" Aisyah replied, " Dear Father, you are verily a follower of the Sunnah (Habits) of the Prophet and there is none that you have yet to do except for one deed only!" " What is that?" asked Abu Bakar. "Every morning, the Prophet of Allah will go to the end of the marketplace, bringing food to a blind old Jewish beggar who lives there and feed him by his hand," said Aishah. The next day, Abu Bakar As Siddiq went to the marketplace with food for the blind beggar. Abu Bakar As Siddiq approached the beggar and started to feed him. At the first handfull of food being fed to him, the blind Jewish beggar became angry and shouted out ," Who are you?" Abu Bakar answered " I am the one who usually feeds you every morning". "No! Don't you lie to me!" objected the blind beggar. Abu Bakar was shocked, thus he asked" Why do you say so?" Answered the blind Jewish beggar," Because when he comes to me, I always felt it easy to hold his hand and found it easy to chew the food he fed me! The man who used to feed me would make the food fine before feeding it to me!" Abu Bakar As Siddiq could not hold back his tears anymore and he burst out crying and had to disclose who he actually was to the beggar. "Verily, I am not the one who used to come and feed you. I am one of his Companions for the noble one is alive no more! He was none other than the Blessed Prophet of Allah, Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam!" "Muhammad?" asked the blind old Jewish beggar, totally shocked with what he had just heard. "You mean to tell me that the one who came each morning without fail and fed me by his hand was Muhammad?" asked the beggar. "Yes! It was Muhammad!" answered Abu Bakar. Immediately, the blind old Jewish beggar wailed out in despair and cried so pitifully coming to realise that it was none other than the Holy Prophet who had been feeding him all this while. "All these while!...all these while, I had been cursing him, I had been slandering him! Not once has he ever scolded me ! He kept coming every morning to feed me! He is so noble!.." cried the old blind Jewish beggar as he wiped away his flowing tears on his cheeks. The blind beggar reached out to Saiyidina Abu Bakar As Siddiq, the first Caliph of the Muslims and testified before him the Kalimah Shahadah :'Ash har doo Allah ila ha ill lall Lah! Wa ash har doo anna Muhammad darr Rasulullah!' declaring that There is No God but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah! From that moment onwards, the blind old Jewish beggar became a Muslim.

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/den...QQU8P7A3LKB3E4

Najm
06-26-2009, 04:02 AM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

^^ SubahaanAllah!!! That is such an amazing story!!!

Akhi Hakim, i know how you feel. But dont go having a fight. Theres no point. Be patient. Be sincere. I would simply just ignore. The anger should be in your heart!

You shouldnt hate the man, you should hate what he did. SubhaanAllah! Ask Allah to guide everyone to the straight path.

FiAmaaniAllah

AabiruSabeel
06-26-2009, 05:32 AM

And the servants of (Allah) Most Gracious are those who walk on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say, "Peace!"; [Surah Al-Furqan: 63]
Just act on this ayah.

glo
06-26-2009, 05:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel

And the servants of (Allah) Most Gracious are those who walk on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say, "Peace!"; [Surah Al-Furqan: 63]
Just act on this ayah.
North Malaysian's story and AabirySabeel's ayah seem to give a pretty clear answer as to whether or not the OP is justified to beat up the guy who mocked Islam ...

I agree that having your own faith and God ridiculed is very, very painful indeed. But aggression is not the answer.

Ummu Sufyaan
06-26-2009, 08:10 AM
agree that having your own faith and God ridiculed is very, very painful indeed. But aggression is not the answer.
yh but at least it'll make them think twice about saying it to someone else or saying it again...

- IqRa -
06-26-2009, 08:34 AM
north_malaysian, your reply is the best reply on this thread, Masha'Allah.

czgibson
06-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
yh but at least it'll make them think twice about saying it to someone else or saying it again...
When anybody disagrees with you, or is rude to you, do you just beat them up?

Peace

Whatsthepoint
06-26-2009, 10:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
In the corner of the marketplace of Madinah, was a blind Jewish beggar, who would cry out daily to all those who came near him," O my brothers, don't be near Muhammad! He's a lunatic, he's a liar, a sorcerer! If you are to be close to him, you will be influenced by him!" No matter whoever approached him, the blind Jewish beggar will definitely not waste his chance to incite them to hate the Prophet Muhammad, Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam (peace be upon him)! All kinds of curses would spew forth from the beggar's lips even though he had never known the Prophet personally! The news about the blind Jewish beggar's daily cursing and badmouthing him came to the knowledge of the Prophet Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam! Even then, the Holy Prophet Muhammad did not get angry and he ignored the blind Jewish beggar's insults against himself! On the contrary, from that day onwards, at each morning, the Prophet Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam visited the blind beggar and brought food for him! Without saying a single word, the Blessed Messenger (peace be upon him) would feed the beggar with his own hand! The blind beggar would chew the food being fed to him and eat contentedly. Once he was full, he'd express his gratitude without knowing that the one who had fed him was the Holy Prophet of Allah, Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam! The Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam continued to feed the blind beggar without fail each day till the day he died! Throughout his service to the blind beggar, he never identified himself to the blind Jewish beggar! After the Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam had passed away, no one brought food to the blind beggar anymore! The blind Jewish beggar waited daily and was perplexed as to why the kind man did no longer come to feed him and provide for him as he had done all this while. The blind beggar waited in vain for the kind gentleman who had never missed visiting him each and every morning all these while .

One day, the closest Companion of the Holy Prophet Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam, Saiyidina Abu Bakar As Siddiq @ The Truthful One, Radhiallahu Anhu (May Allah be pleased with him) visited the home of his daughter, Saiyidatina Aishah, Radhiallahu Anha (May Allah be pleased with her), the widow of the Blessed Messenger (SAW). Abu Bakar asked Aishah, " O my child, is there any habit of my beloved (Prophet) that I have yet to carry on?" Aisyah replied, " Dear Father, you are verily a follower of the Sunnah (Habits) of the Prophet and there is none that you have yet to do except for one deed only!" " What is that?" asked Abu Bakar. "Every morning, the Prophet of Allah will go to the end of the marketplace, bringing food to a blind old Jewish beggar who lives there and feed him by his hand," said Aishah. The next day, Abu Bakar As Siddiq went to the marketplace with food for the blind beggar. Abu Bakar As Siddiq approached the beggar and started to feed him. At the first handfull of food being fed to him, the blind Jewish beggar became angry and shouted out ," Who are you?" Abu Bakar answered " I am the one who usually feeds you every morning". "No! Don't you lie to me!" objected the blind beggar. Abu Bakar was shocked, thus he asked" Why do you say so?" Answered the blind Jewish beggar," Because when he comes to me, I always felt it easy to hold his hand and found it easy to chew the food he fed me! The man who used to feed me would make the food fine before feeding it to me!" Abu Bakar As Siddiq could not hold back his tears anymore and he burst out crying and had to disclose who he actually was to the beggar. "Verily, I am not the one who used to come and feed you. I am one of his Companions for the noble one is alive no more! He was none other than the Blessed Prophet of Allah, Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam!" "Muhammad?" asked the blind old Jewish beggar, totally shocked with what he had just heard. "You mean to tell me that the one who came each morning without fail and fed me by his hand was Muhammad?" asked the beggar. "Yes! It was Muhammad!" answered Abu Bakar. Immediately, the blind old Jewish beggar wailed out in despair and cried so pitifully coming to realise that it was none other than the Holy Prophet who had been feeding him all this while. "All these while!...all these while, I had been cursing him, I had been slandering him! Not once has he ever scolded me ! He kept coming every morning to feed me! He is so noble!.." cried the old blind Jewish beggar as he wiped away his flowing tears on his cheeks. The blind beggar reached out to Saiyidina Abu Bakar As Siddiq, the first Caliph of the Muslims and testified before him the Kalimah Shahadah :'Ash har doo Allah ila ha ill lall Lah! Wa ash har doo anna Muhammad darr Rasulullah!' declaring that There is No God but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah! From that moment onwards, the blind old Jewish beggar became a Muslim.

woow cool!

Tony
06-26-2009, 11:06 AM
North Malaysian thats such a beautiful and inspiring story:)

Danah
06-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Don't even give him a thought, you will just make it worse if you try to attack him. Just be as Allah said in surah Al Furqan

The (faithful) slaves of the Beneficent are they who walk upon the earth modestly, and when the ignorant ones address them answer: Peace; (63)
[25:63]

Bub
06-26-2009, 11:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian

mashaAllah a beauty story!!:cry::statisfie:)

Ummu Sufyaan
06-26-2009, 11:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

When anybody disagrees with you, or is rude to you, do you just beat them up?

Peace
no, becuase it isnt my honor they are "transgressing," its someone else's...im not just referring to physically standing up and guarding that persons honor, it could be a stern word.

the same goes for my mother, for eg...i wouldn't take someone insulting my mother sitting down..its simply ridiculous. i mean what would happen if a police officer/famous person, etc got insulted/assaulted? action would be taken. this isnt a police officer, etc we are referring to, its the most honorable and noble of people, so why do we stay quite?

if we saty quite and no one says/does anything, it'll just keep on continuing over and over again...our prophet, sallalau aleyhi wa sallam isnt a door mat to be walked all over...

- IqRa -
06-26-2009, 11:33 AM
Who is saying to stay quiet? Answer them, but explain the Mercy, don't just swear and punch their lights out.

Ummu Sufyaan
06-26-2009, 11:36 AM
Who is saying to stay quiet? Answer them, but explain the Mercy, don't just swear and punch their lights out.
i dont recall mentioning that... did I ?

Najm
06-27-2009, 09:50 AM

This happens more often when involved in Da'wah! Simply stay calm, be patient. We are to spread the message, not put it down someones throat.

FiAmaaniAllah

Ummu Sufyaan
06-27-2009, 10:15 AM
^ we aren't putting down islam in people throats when we are defending our religion/prophet. if that's how people take it, who hang up is that?

:peace:

Najm
06-27-2009, 10:24 AM
^ we aren't putting down islam in people throats when we are defending our religion/prophet. if that's how people take it, who hang up is that?

:peace:

I agree. Did understand the question.

From the opening posting, its clear the guy shouted and drove away. You cant do anything in that situation. so bro Hakim couldnt have done anything except stay calm and be patient.

FiAmaaniAllah

nocturne
06-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Assalam,

i dont understand the non-muslims making fun of the word Allah. Sometimes my friends mock me as such, "did Allah stop you from doing this or would doing this anger, Allah?"

there is nothing to be angry about that. Allah is just god in arabic and you just have to point that out to them. I quite often hear the arabic christians using phrashes like "inshallah and alhamduillah".

Ansariyah
06-27-2009, 10:50 AM
U can only beat someone up in self-defence, like wen u actually get physically attacked. Until then, u shud just ignore these fools, u don't want to go to prison for 'assault'.

fadil
06-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Wa alaikumus salaam

I think it’s understood that there need to be a reason as to why people talk bad about Islam and one of the most plausible reasons is that they don’t know about Islam. They only know Islam through the media and we know pretty well what the media presents of Islam

I would say brother that this is a good opportunity to increase our good deeds by explaining to them, Al Islam, the perfect and complete way of life; bear in mind our purpose is only the duty of clear notification, it’s beyond our capacity to make people understand and/or guide them

If we go and beat them, we will lose the opportunity of gaining rewards; which we all badly need but if we present Islam to them and they happen to accept Islam, then paradise is for us Insha Allaah but if they don’t accept Islam, then we call Allaah to witness that we have performed our duty

Also patience is of utmost importance, patience is not a way to weaken us; on the contrary it is a weapon of strengthening us by permission of Allaah

Allaah the Most High, the Wise has already given us the solution to this problem when He says in the Qur’an, Surah 3, Ali-Imran, verse 186:

“You will surely be tested in your possessions and in yourselves. And you will surely hear from those who were given the Scripture before you and from those who associate others with Allaah much abuse. But if you are patient and fear Allaah – indeed, that is of matters [worthy] of determination.”

These are tests for us, let’s do it the right way, seeking pleasure and rewards from Allaah

So let us strive in the way of Allaah, fear Him and be patient

Was salaamu alaikum

Ummu Sufyaan
06-27-2009, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Najm

This happens more often when involved in Da'wah! Simply stay calm, be patient. We are to spread the message, not put it down someones throat.

FiAmaaniAllah
oh, my bad, i misunderstood...in that case, then agreed...

Yanal
06-27-2009, 12:53 PM
:salamext:
Also, in its characteristically mature style, the Qur'an instructs Muslims to “change the channel” when they walk upon senseless speech then disengage for a short period of time(6:68), and even wish peace and amicably disengage on a long-term basis (28:55).

Follow this aswell.

Woodrow
06-27-2009, 01:09 PM

A few days ago I was speaking to a Sioux man. The discussion was pretty much about Palestine.He is very much a Palestine sympathizer and sees the Palestinians as being treated like his people were treated when the white man invaded the Americas.

But he added in that us Muslims in a non-Muslim Country are going to be seen as invaders and unless we totally support peace even under duress, we will be hated as unwanted invaders. We are seen as invaders and aggressors as we are the new comers. We need to show. not just say we are not aggressors and are not trying to conquer.

People will and do fear and hate us because we are seen as aggressors. It is up to us as individuals to become educators and not enforcers otherwise we will be no different than Jews in Palestine or Americans in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Blackpool
06-27-2009, 01:15 PM
I can see the front newspaper headline now... It reads;

MUSLIM'S BRUTAL ATTACK ON BRITON

RACISM AGAINST WHITES IN BRITAIN ON A RISE

Sign this petition to 10 Downing Street and kick them all out

:P

Sahabiyaat
06-27-2009, 06:08 PM
beat the crap out of him

when hes down, sit down calmly and exaplin the beauty of Islam to him lol. :D

IbnAbdulHakim
06-28-2009, 12:37 AM
oh, my bad, i misunderstood...in that case, then agreed...
you misunderstood nothing, i was talking about NEXT TIME -

and indeed its not ME this man has mocked and scoffed, its something a million times greater.

beat the crap out of him

when hes down, sit down calmly and exaplin the beauty of Islam to him lol.

sounds good

RACISM AGAINST WHITES IN BRITAIN ON A RISE
whites? this geeza was some rastafarian idiot whos family was wiv him

assalamu alaikum

BlackMamba
06-28-2009, 12:52 AM
The reality is whatever we say doesn't really matter. Cuz when it comes down to it when someone says stuff like that, your anger takes over you. So we can sit hear and say never get mad when someone curses Allah and his messenger, but that is very hard for a normal person to do. You have to be a very special person to not get mad. But here are some verses from the Quran that you can think about when faced with a situation similar to that.

Al-Furqan
And the servants of the Beneficent Allah are they who walk on the earth in humbleness, and when the ignorant address them, they say: Peace. (25:63)

Al-Nisaa
And indeed He has revealed to you in the Book that when you hear Allah's communications disbelieved in and mocked at do not sit with them until they enter into some other discourse; surely then you would be like them; surely Allah will gather together the hypocrites and the unbelievers all in hell. (4:140)

Al-Ahzab
Surely (as for) those who speak evil things of Allah and His Messenger, Allah has cursed them in this world and the here after, and He has prepared for them a chastisement bringing disgrace. (33:57)

Tony
06-28-2009, 10:32 AM
To be honest the guys already sowing what he will eventually reap, kicking his ass would make me feel sorry for him, his situation is bad enough already.

Muezzin
06-28-2009, 11:53 AM
whites? this geeza was some rastafarian idiot whos family was wiv him
Not being funny, but are you sure he was in full control of his senses at the time?

Ganja...

afzalaung
06-30-2009, 08:44 AM
there's really no point beating him up.
I believe in situations like this, Allah's not testing us to see how far we will go to defend His Majesty, but test our patience in face of such ignorance.

Of course, if u can bring sense to him, it will be much more worthy then beating him. Otherwise, just ignore him.

Try to imagine having to face such backlash on daily basis..some of the Muslims out there are facing such difficulty by just being Muslim.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-30-2009, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Not being funny, but are you sure he was in full control of his senses at the time?

Ganja...
i considered it all bro

alcohol/drugs/intoxications.... and it only made me want to knock him out more

Assalamu Alaikum

- IqRa -
06-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Move on. If it happens next time, then deal with it.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-30-2009, 03:35 PM

{Indeed, those who committed crimes used to laugh at those who believed. And when they passed by them, they would exchange derisive glances. And when they returned to their people, they would return jesting. And when they saw them, they would say, "Indeed, those are truly lost." But they had not been sent as guardians over them. So Today (the Day of Judgment) those who believed are laughing at the disbelievers, On adorned couches, observing. Have the disbelievers [not] been rewarded [this Day] for what they used to do?}[al-Mutafifeen; 29-36]

The effects of getting into a fist fight will only be negative. Be patient, and walk away. If you can talk to the person, then that's probably better.

AntiKarateKid
06-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Greetings,

How is beating someone up going to help the situation?

Peace
He is obviously not serious, jsut venting angry thoughts.

Anyways, the Prophet pbuh and the Salaf endured much much worse persecution and never stooped to their level. What makes you think we should be different?

Najm
07-03-2009, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maalik

{Indeed, those who committed crimes used to laugh at those who believed. And when they passed by them, they would exchange derisive glances. And when they returned to their people, they would return jesting. And when they saw them, they would say, "Indeed, those are truly lost." But they had not been sent as guardians over them. So Today (the Day of Judgment) those who believed are laughing at the disbelievers, On adorned couches, observing. Have the disbelievers [not] been rewarded [this Day] for what they used to do?}[al-Mutafifeen; 29-36]

The effects of getting into a fist fight will only be negative. Be patient, and walk away. If you can talk to the person, then that's probably better.

SubhaanAllah!! Amazing verse!

FiAmaaniAllah

czgibson
07-03-2009, 11:59 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
He is obviously not serious, jsut venting angry thoughts.
I think we could do with a little less anger all round. What do you think?

Anyways, the Prophet pbuh and the Salaf endured much much worse persecution and never stooped to their level. What makes you think we should be different?
How are you different from the Prophet (pbuh)? I really don't know how to begin to answer that question.

Peace

IbnAbdulHakim
07-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Greetings,

I think we could do with a little less anger all round. What do you think?

Peace

what a condescending statement...

its like your talking to a 3 year old child, let me ask you SIR, how would you behave if that which you treasured and loved more then anything else was abused/slandered and mocked?

if you feel nothing at this, then you simply dont love/treasure it enough !

Eric H
07-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Fighting4Iman;

alcohol/drugs/intoxications.... and it only made me want to knock him out more
Can I give you some powerful quotes about anger.

If you are angry standing up then sit down, if you are angry sitting down then lay down.

“Anger is only one letter short of danger”

No man can think clearly when his fists are
clenched.
-- George Jean Nathan.

For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal
with the intent of throwing it at someone else;
you are the one who gets burned.
-- Buddha.

“Anyone who angers you conquers you

The greatest remedy for anger is delay.
-- Seneca.

It is wise to direct your anger towards problems -- not people; to focus your energies on answers -- not excuses.”

Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame.”

The angry people are those people who are most afraid”

Anger will never disappear so long as thoughts of resentment are cherished in the mind. Anger will disappear just as soon as thoughts of resentment are forgotten.”

If you are patient in one moment of anger, you
will escape a hundred days of sorrow.
-- Chinese Proverb.

Anger, if not restrained, is frequently more
hurtful to us than the injury that provokes it.
-- Seneca.

People who fly into a rage always make a bad
landing.
-- Will Rogers.

Speak when you are angry and you will make
the best speech you will ever regret.
-- Ambrose Bierce.

Two things a man should never be angry at:
what he can help, and what he cannot help.
-- Thomas Fuller.

Consider how much more you often suffer
from your anger and grief, than from those
very things for which you are angry and
grieved.
-- Marcus Antonius.

How much more grievous are the
consequences of anger than the causes of it.
-- Marcus Aurelius.

When a man is wrong and won't admit is, he
always gets angry.
-- Thomas Haliburton.

There was never an angry man that thought
his anger unjust.
-- St. Francis De Sales.

Anger is what makes a clear mind seem clouded.
-- Kazi Shams.

In the spirit of praying to a loving and merciful God

Eric

_PakistaN_
07-05-2009, 06:01 AM
You will probably get charged for that. If he is sick enough to say that in public, then he is most likely to call the cops right after you swing. The best thing to do is ignore him and just make Dua to Allah.

Najm
07-07-2009, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Fighting4Iman;

Can I give you some powerful quotes about anger.

If you are angry standing up then sit down, if you are angry sitting down then lay down.

“Anger is only one letter short of danger”

No man can think clearly when his fists are
clenched.
-- George Jean Nathan.

For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal
with the intent of throwing it at someone else;
you are the one who gets burned.
-- Buddha.

“Anyone who angers you conquers you

The greatest remedy for anger is delay.
-- Seneca.

It is wise to direct your anger towards problems -- not people; to focus your energies on answers -- not excuses.”

Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame.”

The angry people are those people who are most afraid”

Anger will never disappear so long as thoughts of resentment are cherished in the mind. Anger will disappear just as soon as thoughts of resentment are forgotten.”

If you are patient in one moment of anger, you
will escape a hundred days of sorrow.
-- Chinese Proverb.

Anger, if not restrained, is frequently more
hurtful to us than the injury that provokes it.
-- Seneca.

People who fly into a rage always make a bad
landing.
-- Will Rogers.

Speak when you are angry and you will make
the best speech you will ever regret.
-- Ambrose Bierce.

Two things a man should never be angry at:
what he can help, and what he cannot help.
-- Thomas Fuller.

Consider how much more you often suffer
from your anger and grief, than from those
very things for which you are angry and
grieved.
-- Marcus Antonius.

How much more grievous are the
consequences of anger than the causes of it.
-- Marcus Aurelius.

When a man is wrong and won't admit is, he
always gets angry.
-- Thomas Haliburton.

There was never an angry man that thought
his anger unjust.
-- St. Francis De Sales.

Anger is what makes a clear mind seem clouded.
-- Kazi Shams.

In the spirit of praying to a loving and merciful God

Eric

Very wise quotes there!! :) I am sure it will help everyone.

FiAmaaniAllah

Aurora
07-08-2009, 05:23 PM
You're being way overly sensitive. So what if he insults your religion? Insult him back if it makes you feel better, but it is not something to beat him up over.

Najm
07-08-2009, 09:49 PM

Yeah today i had 2 guys at lunch make fun about having 4 wives.:raging:

But by the end of the lunch hour, they had respect and understood :statisfie Alhamdulilah.

And the guy quotes "Sorry for being rude,If i had time, i would spend it trying to understand..."

The key is to stay clam, and to explain the misconception.

May Allah keep us strong in our faith. Ameen!

Fear no one, except the punishment of Allah!

FiAmaaniAllah

IbnAbdulHakim
07-08-2009, 10:23 PM

Yeah today i had 2 guys at lunch make fun about having 4 wives.:raging:

But by the end of the lunch hour, they had respect and understood :statisfie Alhamdulilah.
FiAmaaniAllah
LOL talk about a cOMPLETELY different situation :p

seriously, apples and oranges !

the situation u spoke of, i've had them WAY too many times, and im always calm and polite (though slightly angry) through them

this one - you should understand - or at least try - WAS A WHOLE NEW LEVEL !

Assalamu Alaikum :)

GreyKode
07-08-2009, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aurora
You're being way overly sensitive. So what if he insults your religion? Insult him back if it makes you feel better, but it is not something to beat him up over.
How would you feel if someone insults your mother, father, sister, brother etc...
with the filthiest of words?
Can you actually say
"So what if he calls my mom a ***** or my father a *******"??

I am not being sarcastic but think about it, how would you feel?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-08-2009, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GreyKode
your wasting your breath.

Najm
07-08-2009, 10:34 PM
LOL talk about a cOMPLETELY different situation :p

seriously, apples and oranges !

the situation u spoke of, i've had them WAY too many times, and im always calm and polite (though slightly angry) through them

this one - you should understand - or at least try - WAS A WHOLE NEW LEVEL !

Assalamu Alaikum :)

Dude its the same thing. Whoever it was, they mocked Islam.

In your situation, the guy mocked, and ran away. So your not obliged to do anything.

In my situation, i am obliged to defend.

Chill man, no need to rip your hair out and get vexxed.:D

FiAmaaniAllah

Tony
07-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Rasulullah (pbuh) said if you see something wrong change it with your hand, if you cannot then change it with your tongue, if you cannot then curse it in your heart,

IbnAbdulHakim
07-08-2009, 10:40 PM

Chill man, no need to rip your hair out and get vexxed.:D

FiAmaaniAllah

so these kids where sayin f-this and f-that and ragin like lunatix and dissing Allah, and dissin rasoolullaah when discussin 4 wives yeh?

yeh?

riiight?

NOT the same bruv :)

Aurora
07-08-2009, 10:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GreyKode
How would you feel if someone insults your mother, father, sister, brother etc...
with the filthiest of words?
Can you actually say
"So what if he calls my mom a ***** or my father a *******"??

I sure wouldn't beat them up over it and I would try not to stoop to their level and insult them back. There are many rude people out there that will say awfull things and no matter how annoying it may be, it is a far better response to ignore them. These people that would insult the people I love are insignificant, they don't matter to me, they might aswell not exist lol, so I wouldn't let myself get worked up about it.

Najm
07-08-2009, 10:58 PM
so these kids where sayin f-this and f-that and ragin like lunatix and dissing Allah, and dissin rasoolullaah when discussin 4 wives yeh?

yeh?

riiight?

NOT the same bruv :)

If they are raging like lunatics, as i said before ..... your not in a position to do anything.

It wasnt a cosy discussion as you suggest. Nevertheless in my position i was able to do something.

They are the same. Are you saying in my situtation you would have remained silent? Would you have joined them? Or would you speak up to defend?

SubhaanAllah!

Dont get vexxed, cos you cant think straight. Just seek refuge with Allah.

FiAmaaniAllah

abdullah_001
07-10-2009, 07:34 PM

Bro, this one time when i was with my bro this man about 5 or 10 feet away from us started shouting " F*** Islam!", and I shouted back "F*** you B****" so loud he got scared and went inside his building. Though in retrospect, if I could now then I probably would have been much milder in my approach... perhaps out of my mildness he would have grown respect for Islam.

That said, I just recently read a post where a sister got her hijab taken away. I sincerely hope there were no Muslim brothers on that bus because if there were they should be spat upon. Wallahi, if I was there when that happened, regardless of how many there were, I would have made sure at least one of them didn't have legs to walk home on.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-11-2009, 09:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdullah_001

That said, I just recently read a post where a sister got her hijab taken away. I sincerely hope there were no Muslim brothers on that bus because if there were they should be spat upon. Wallahi, if I was there when that happened, regardless of how many there were, I would have made sure at least one of them didn't have legs to walk home on.
agreed

agreeeeeed

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.