/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fard and Sunnah Salat

HopeFul
06-25-2009, 10:08 PM
:sl:

I wanted to ask a question, I being raised as a Sunni have been taught that sunnah Salat is as important as fard, infact the prayer is not complete without fard and we must also do lots of nafl salat.

I had a problem recently all my kids were ill especially the youngest and I barely had time to do the fard at dhuahr time, that is after mid day prayer.

My question is, is that enough? I would only do fard and then continue to look after him as he needed to be with me every second ( gastro intestinal virus). I have been feeling guilty about that as we were taught we could only skip Fard in extreme situation, like in journeys, that also if we didnt have time to do it.

I guess it was a kind of an emergency, but my salat wasn't incomplete was it?

JazakAllah
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali_008
06-30-2009, 06:09 PM
:sl:
Though the sunnah Salaah holds great importance and particularly the four rakah before Zuhr are Sunnat-e-Moktada but still if you offer only fard then its perfectly fine. Your Salaah wasn't incomplete at all because Sunnah prayers are voluntary and not obligatory. They are greatly encouraged but still they are not mandatory. Have a look at the link below:
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/82619/...unnah%20salaah

HopeFul
06-30-2009, 08:14 PM
SubhanAllah what a complete answer, JAzakAllah brother :)

aadil77
06-30-2009, 08:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HopeFul
SubhanAllah what a complete answer, JAzakAllah brother :)
Same for nafl salah as well brother its optional, but if you have the time then the reward is most definately worth it and InshAllah you will become closer to Allah through this ibaadah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.