/* */

PDA

View Full Version : USA and UK multiculturalism?

Blackpool
06-25-2009, 11:50 PM
I'm currently in Sanford Executive lounge waiting for my flight back to the UK if anybody is wondering :D And yes I am missing the UK despite me being in Florida!

Is the U.S more multicultural than the UK? From my experience in Florida there seems to be alot more colour here than there is in the UK. The Latinos and black folks seem to outnumber those that are white. In the UK there is no such thing.

Is there anyone here from the U.S that can respond to this?

I'm in an executive lounge in Sanford Airport...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Whatsthepoint
06-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Minorities are much better integrated in the US and the people are far more tolerant, they're all immigrants in a way so they can ebtter coexists with different people.

Amadeus85
06-26-2009, 10:31 PM
UK and USA have both similar culture so they will face very similar fate.

north_malaysian
06-26-2009, 10:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Minorities are much better integrated in the US and the people are far more tolerant, they're all immigrants in a way so they can ebtter coexists with different people.
Indeed... the whites' ancestors were immigrants too...:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Banu_Hashim
06-26-2009, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
The Latinos and black folks seem to outnumber those that are white. In the UK there is no such thing.
I wouldn't say that. It depends in which areas you go. And I'm sure you haven't been to every single city in the UK. In the city where I live, there is an area where the ethnically white people are a minority, and asian and black people are a majority. There is another area of the city where it would be the other way around.

Same goes for the US, I would assume.

Zafran
06-26-2009, 11:13 PM
salaam

america is not like the UK - america was made for the american dream eg immigaration - its part of the nations history - the UK has a very different history.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.