/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Human Failing & Allah

Beardo
06-26-2009, 12:09 AM
I initially wrote this article upon a question sent to me by a non-Muslim, and found it to be very interested!

----

How does human failings affect Allah’s love for us?

I was recently asked this question and decided to write a brief summary on this.

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Human Failings And Repentance
By Hafiz Raakin Hossain and Rashad Abdullah

The number one point to understand when it comes to human failings is that Allah is the most powerful. We are in need of Him, but Allah is not in need of us. Our mistakes, major or minor, do not affect Him in any form. Humans are bound to make mistake. Allah Taa’la says that if it wasn’t for the human creation to make mistakes, then He would have made a nation who would make mistakes so that the creation would in turn glorify and repent sincerely back to Him.
Before starting or performing an action, we are told to start in the name of Allah. The Arabic phrase is Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem. The literal meaning taken of this verse is, “In the name of Allah, THE MOST MERCIFUL, most compassionate.” However, the particle "Bi" (meaning in or with) in the word "Bism" represents a call for help. So the verse means:

‘With the help of the name of Allah..’

Allah Taa’la is the most forgiving. What more is that, Allah Taa’la wants better for us than what we want for ourselves. Allah Taa’la will, Inshallah, make ways to overlook our mistakes. Our duas never go unanswered. A Shaykh was once approached by a man who asked “I ask Allah every day, yet I do not see any changes in my life accordingly.” This Shaykh so wisely answered “Allah knows all things. Your dua’s might not be accepted now, but it will in the future. And if it is not in the future, you will at least get the reward for asking from Allah Taa’la.”
“One who repents from sin is like one who has no sin.” (Tirmidhi) This beautiful Hadith states two different states: One who sins but repents and another who has not sinned at all. Scholars differ from which is better. However, the more widely known view is that it is the one who has not sinned, as he is more closer to the Angels and Ambiya, as they do not sin either. Ambiya do not make mistakes, but the least they do is choose the lesser good, which is not a sin. Allah Taa’la knows best.
My teacher gave a beautiful example regarding this. He said there are two types of mistakes/sins. One is when you get the wrong answer on a test, that is a mistake, but cheating on a test is a sin. That is the difference between mistake and sin. Mistakes can easily be forgiven (still better to say Astaghfirullaah), but sins require three steps:
1. To ask Allah for forgiveness
2. To regret
3. To make firm intention never to commit the same wrong action again.

One key point to remember is that to repent is also to regret, but that is only if your repentance is sincere. Secondly, after committing that sin, do not speak of it or even go close to it again. For example, if you stole from a house, don’t even go to that Alley again unless you are going to ask for forgiveness and return what you stole! To regret also means to consider the consequences, which will cause regret on its own. Maybe you stole money from a poor widow, and now that widow is suffering from great financial loss. Thoughts such as “What if I die now? How will I answer on the Day of Recompense?”

It is said that if a man sins and repents, and then commits the sin again and repents, and then again commits the same sin and repents sincerely, he is bound to be forgiven. We should never lose hope in the mercy of Allah! Allah’s treasures are open for us 24 hours a day, seven days a week. I remember a Shaykh saying in his lecture that Jannah’s phone number is 244343 (i.e. the Fardh/Witr Salah). Islam is so easy! One day, Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (Radi Allah Anho) was making Wudhu and he started laughing. Those around him asked, ‘Why do you laugh, Abu Hurairah?’ And he answered, “Islam is so easy. I wash my arms in Wudhu; my sins are forgiven; I wash my legs in Wudhu, my sins are forgiven.” (Please note that when any virtue says “You are forgiven” it refers to minor sins only. Major sins require forgiveness specifically for that sin. Refer to the three points mentioned above.)

It is said that when one repents, Allah Taa’la sends down rain. And if rain comes when we do not repent, it is due to the mercy Allah Taa’la has for the animals that live nearby. If the Prophets, who had never committed sin, repent then what excuse do we have? They repented for choosing the lesser good, but we repent (if we do) because we truly committed wrongs. As technology progresses, sins have become easier to commit. We should lower our gaze during these times of Fitnah and keep ourselves pure inwardly and outwardly. May Allah Taa’la, the most Merciful, the most forgiving of those who forgive, forgive us and help us through our pains and sufferings. Aameen!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-26-2009, 02:08 AM
:sl:

MashaAllah you write very well. Keep it up :)

:w:

Banu_Hashim
06-26-2009, 02:49 AM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

And seek forgiveness of your Lord, and turn turn unto Him in repentance, for my Lord is indeed full of mercy and loving-kindness.
Hud 11:90

O you who believe! Turn to Allah with sincere repentance.
al-Tahrim 66:8

And seek forgiveness of Allah, for Allah is Oft-Forgiving and Most Merciful.
al-Nisa 4:106

Allah loves those who repent constantly and He loves those who keep themselves pure and clean.
al-Baqarah 2:222

Let us pray that Allah gives us the Tawfiq to repent and seek His forgiveness and mercy throughout our life. (Ameen.)

JazakAllah Khair for this article; it's really thought provoking and well written mashAllah.

Beardo
06-26-2009, 05:15 PM
Jazakumullah! Keep me in your duas, please!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-26-2009, 06:33 PM
wa iyaak. InshaAllah bro.

Bub
06-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Ameen! Well written, mashaAllah!

Beardo
03-25-2011, 07:41 PM
Jazakallahu Khair, all of you. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.