/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Singer Michael Jackson dies at 50

- IqRa -
06-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Singer Michael Jackson dies at 50

Pop star Michael Jackson has died in Los Angeles, aged 50.

Paramedics were called to the singer's Beverly Hills home at about midday on Thursday after he stopped breathing.

He was pronounced dead two hours later at the UCLA medical centre. Jackson's brother, Jermaine, said he was believed to have suffered a cardiac arrest.

Jackson, who had a history of health problems, had been due to stage a series of comeback concerts in the UK, beginning on 13 July.

Speaking on behalf of the Jackson family, Jermaine said doctors had tried to resuscitate the star for more than an hour without success.

Jermaine Jackson on his brother's sudden death
He added: "The family request that the media please respect our privacy during this tough time."

"And Allah be with you Michael, always. I love you."

Rest of the story can be read here

----

We aren't allowed to pray for the forgiveness of non Muslims after they die, are we?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
06-26-2009, 11:44 AM
:sl:

There was this thread here: http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...dead-50-a.html last night.

paradise88
06-26-2009, 11:46 AM
I heard he 'reverted' dont know if its true or if he said the shahadah and embraced islam or was on the verge but we can pray that if he did a muslim may Allah swt grant him and every other muslim jannah..

- IqRa -
06-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Sorry I didnt see that thread. Anyway my thread is different - are we allowed to pray for the forgiveness of non Muslims after they die?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bub
06-26-2009, 11:55 AM
a good question, might someone give an answer- i really dont know. I heard apparently Micheal J was a muslim? but i know his brother Jemaine is muslim, mashaAllah

- IqRa -
06-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Yes I know that as well, but what I am saying, sister, is that if it was allowed then wouldnt the Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) make dua for his uncle, Abu Lahab, who only refused to say the shahadah because of what people would say?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.