/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Taking a young child to do Hajj

muslimah 4 life
06-26-2009, 06:31 PM
:sl:

Me and my husband are planning to do hajj this year Inshallah.
We have a 7 1/2 year old daughter and are wondering if taking her will cause problems for us.
She has her heart set on going but I'd rather not take her if it will mean we can't do our Hajj properly.
Do any of you have experience of taking a child that age with you?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bub
06-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Hey sister, mashaAllah... well im not mother myself yet but when i was a child- parents took me to there, it was sooo beautiful!! Im glad they took me to there for 3rd times (i think it was the best PLACE in the whole world) so i recommended you take your child to there. I know too many people will be there and cause the crowded but it will be worth it at the end InshaAllah. Does your daughter know how to prayer?

muslimah 4 life
06-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Yes sister she can and does pray her salah when she sees me praying.
I would love to take her it's just everyone I speak to is negative about it and think I'll just struggle with my Hajj.
How old were you sis when you first went?

Bub
06-26-2009, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah 4 life
Yes sister she can and does pray her salah when she sees me praying.
I would love to take her it's just everyone I speak to is negative about it and think I'll just struggle with my Hajj.
How old were you sis when you first went?

MashaAllah, might Allah bless her. Sister, ingrone them, you are a mother and follow your heart. I really cant remember bec it was ages ago and my memory began to fade away but my young brother came and he was 6 years of age. Many people bring their children :statisfie hope it is going to well for you, sister

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
06-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Sister that is great news that your 7 year old daughter has the pure intention and heart to do Hajj with you. I say take her because if she feels dejected that you said no she may never want to go again. I have felt rejection before and it costs nasty memories never going away. Brother zAk did hajj or umrah when he was 7 might want to ask him to give his opinion on this matter and ask him how he coped with his parents and vice versa how his parents coped with him during hajj/umrah. May Allah accept all your hajj and bless your family with many good things. Ameen and best of luck in Hajj.

muslimah 4 life
06-26-2009, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Sister that is great news that your 7 year old daughter has the pure intention and heart to do Hajj with you. I say take her because if she feels dejected that you said no she may never want to go again. I have felt rejection before and it costs nasty memories never going away. Brother zAk did hajj or umrah when he was 7 might want to ask him to give his opinion on this matter and ask him how he coped with his parents and vice versa how his parents coped with him during hajj/umrah. May Allah accept all your hajj and bless your family with many good things. Ameen and best of luck in Hajj.
Jizakhallah bro Yanal, my daughter is quite sensitive and being the only child she may get home sick without us too.
I'm hoping bro Zak will see my thread and share his own experience.
Please everyone make dua that Allah accepts our intention and may our Hajj be Hajj mabroor.
I did Umrah with my father 9 years ago and it was a beautiful journey, I would love my daughter to keep similar memories, May Allah accept us all.

Bub
06-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Yeah InshaAllah, you will be in my prayer InshaAllah

ajnabee
06-27-2009, 12:03 PM

7 and a half doesnt seem too young. she's at the age where she understands everything. i say take her with u, especially if she's so keen on going. naturally, when ur over there, u will be anxious about her as there are just so many people there and easy to get lost, but just make sure u explain that she needs to stay with u at ALL times and must NEVER walk off. if need be, use a wrist strap or something.

and the jamaraat is much safer now so thats a bonus!

but take extra precautions, make sure she carries ur hotel card n hotel fone number or something with her wherever she goes. explain to her that should she get lost, she can show it to security/police officials, etc. show them to her so she knows what they look like.

give her as much information as possible, about everything and anything.

its just about being prepared. and she will love it! i "befriended" three kids, all siblings, while i was on hajj, we took em out with us, they'd come chill out in our room, we'd playfight, buy treats for em n everything :D so masha'allah, u will find a sense of community within ur hajj group and they too will also have their guard up for ur daughter insha'allah. :D

ashley66
06-27-2009, 08:14 PM
MasyaAllah, I think as a mom, you would be happier when you bring her to hajj with you, therefore you will perform the haj better. My sister gave me a sound advice when i went to hajj the first time 5 years ago. She told me that, Whoever goes to haj are the guest of Allah. The most Rahman of Host will treat His guests the best way a guest hope to be treated. So make your du'a and ask Allah to make everything easy for your family to perform hajj and may Allah give you hajj mabroor.

When I went to hajj, a family brought along their son of about 4 or 5 years old. He was energetic and his dad were tired but the sight of him warmed my husband's and my hearts and just wacthing him make many others happy.

muslimah 4 life
06-28-2009, 08:17 AM
Jizakhallah everyone, your opinons have been a big help to me.
InshAllah we plan on taking her with us. I think I will be able to be at peace of mind with my child with me and it'll be a beautiful experience for her.

Muslim Woman
06-28-2009, 09:01 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah 4 life

..we can't do our Hajj properly.

I think , u should take her :) It must be a good opportunity for her to perform hajj at such a young age . don't deprive her . May Allah make it easy for all of you , Ameen.

Ali_008
06-28-2009, 09:13 AM
When I did Hajj with my entire family, my sister was 3 and half months old. All of us used to get very concerned wherever we'll see some crowd but Alhamdulillah Allah made it real easy for us. Those were the best days of my life walking on the streets of Meena, Arafat, Musdalifah and aaahhh Madina (the most peaceful city) and most of all Makkah. Take her with you, she'll have the time of her life and it'll also strengthen your bond as the entire family will be together in the most important journey of their lives.

muslimah 4 life
06-29-2009, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008
When I did Hajj with my entire family, my sister was 3 and half months old. All of us used to get very concerned wherever we'll see some crowd but Alhamdulillah Allah made it real easy for us. Those were the best days of my life walking on the streets of Meena, Arafat, Musdalifah and aaahhh Madina (the most peaceful city) and most of all Makkah. Take her with you, she'll have the time of her life and it'll also strengthen your bond as the entire family will be together in the most important journey of their lives.
After reading that bro Ali all I want to do is close my eyes and see myself and my little family togather carrying out the rituals of Hajj. InshAllah the day will soon come. Thankyou everybody I've decided to take Iqra with us and I will tell her how all her uncles and aunties on the forum advised me to do so:D

ajnabee
06-29-2009, 09:06 PM

will she be able to handle all the walking?

Muslim Woman
06-30-2009, 12:52 AM
:w:

format_quote Originally Posted by ajnabee

InshaAllah she will enjoy it :)

Normally kids are more energatic than us adults . Also , wheel chairs are available there on rent. If someone can't walk , s/he can hire that .

Ali_008
06-30-2009, 02:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ajnabee

Alhamdulillah, there's no fatigue in Hajj. I guess, Allah out of his limitless mercy just vanishes this trait from us during Hajj. :beard::Alhumdill:Alhumdill

ajnabee
06-30-2009, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008
Alhamdulillah, there's no fatigue in Hajj. I guess, Allah out of his limitless mercy just vanishes this trait from us during Hajj. :beard::Alhumdill:Alhumdill
ur right u know. we walked for hours n hours during hajj n no-one felt tired. alhamdulillah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.