/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Destiny

catalzzy
06-26-2009, 09:15 PM
:sl:

Hey all,

Just wondering, if we humans are destined from the beginning to the end?

Because since the baby is being created by the Angels told by Allah s.w.t and something about the Angels writing a "story" of what would the baby be after it is born?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
paradise88
06-26-2009, 09:20 PM
I think Allah (swt) has knowledge of everything that will happen.. Fate and Taqdeer exists but were all given freedom in the way we live and are given choices. Thats all i know i guess :)

catalzzy
06-26-2009, 09:26 PM
um... sorry. what is Taqdeer meant. I never heard that word. lol.

Zafran
06-26-2009, 09:28 PM
salaam

Humans are given will but certian things are clearly predetermined eg - colour, where you are born, gender etc. Through this specific circumstances we have to make choices.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
catalzzy
06-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Through this specific circumstances we have to make choices
make choices?

is that destined?

nebula
06-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Belief in Decree and Destiny is one of the 6 articles of faith, Qada wal Qadar, Allah's decree and our destiny were written long before the creation on the al lawh al mafooth (the preserved tablet).

But Allah has given us freewill to choose the right path

catalzzy
06-26-2009, 09:48 PM
I see, your saying that the big bang has a destiny which includes humans in it?

However, it sounds like Allah s.w.t knows the total number of people from the beginning and end? Yet, every individuals has the free will to choose?

Zafran
06-26-2009, 10:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Catalzzy
make choices?

is that destined?
Go knows everything - but we still make the choice.

sister_islam
06-26-2009, 10:45 PM

how are you?

Destiny is complicated. Only Allah (swt) knows our ends but we have our input in. we have free will. If we didnt then we would have been robots.

An example, if i bet a boy, this is destiny that i met him but actions will accounted for my (religioulsy) i treated him as brother. it doesnt mean because allah (swt) sent him in my life, doesnt mean i think him as boyfriend or husband

Do you understand?

catalzzy
06-27-2009, 11:31 AM

Thats better. I m getting more understanding on it.

it doesnt mean because allah (swt) sent him in my life, doesnt mean i think him as boyfriend or husband
yeah, i know what you meant.

but however, just wondering. if it is, like "feeling" so, do you think it must be the work of Allah s.w.t? or it has something to do with Human free will?

Ar-RaYYan
06-27-2009, 05:13 PM

Hey all,

Just wondering, if we humans are destined from the beginning to the end?

Because since the baby is being created by the Angels told by Allah s.w.t and something about the Angels writing a "story" of what would the baby be after it is born?
brother are you referring to this hadith by any chance?:

Narrated Abdullah:
Allah's Apostle, the true and truly inspired said, "(as regards your creation), every one of you is collected in the womb of his mother for the first forty days, and then he becomes a clot for another forty days, and then a piece of flesh for another forty days. Then Allah sends an angel to write four words: He writes his deeds, time of his death, means of his livelihood, and whether he will be wretched or blessed (in religion).

Hadith: Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 55, Number 549

Yanal
06-27-2009, 05:51 PM
:salamext:
A Muslim must believe in Divine Decree or destiny — qadar in Arabic. The concept of qadar used in the Qur’an means a measure or the latent possibilities with which Allah (God) created human beings and all things of nature. When Allah created each thing, He determined when it would come into existence and when it would cease to exist. He also determined its qualities and nature. And everything in the universe, the seen and the unseen, is completely subject to the overriding power of Allah. Nothing can happen outside His Will.

catalzzy
06-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Then Allah sends an angel to write four words: He writes his deeds, time of his death, means of his livelihood, and whether he will be wretched or blessed (in religion).
Yeah, i have heard that hadeeth. but i didnt see that it does the "4 words". i thought it was just a story.

Dont you guys have a "strong" feeling that, Allah knows what the next step in a second you are going to do? like, i think of typing a word and Allah knows i was gonna type and put the words?

:D

paradise88
06-27-2009, 09:14 PM
um... sorry. what is Taqdeer meant. I never heard that word. lol.
Think this page explains it:
http://www.inter-islam.org/faith/taqdeer.htm

it means fate basically :statisfie

AabiruSabeel
06-28-2009, 05:22 AM
Yeah, i have heard that hadeeth. but i didnt see that it does the "4 words". i thought it was just a story.

Dont you guys have a "strong" feeling that, Allah knows what the next step in a second you are going to do? like, i think of typing a word and Allah knows i was gonna type and put the words?

Yes, Allah SubHanahu waTa'ala is full aware of the past, present and future. Whatever we do is by Allah's permission. None of His creations can do anything without His permission.

Yanal
06-28-2009, 06:03 AM
:salamext:
To add on to brother AabiruSabeel: Allah is whom will judge you from you actions in the test life(Earth) and will ask ever sin you did and why. If you do not repent honestly you will have to answer Allah on the Day of judgement. He knows the future of a baby which is going to be born 20 years of now. He already knows the future of you grandchildren and so on. In conclusion Allah knows,sees and observes everything.

:w:

catalzzy
06-29-2009, 12:23 PM
INCREDIBLE. MashAllah. :D.

Btw, why does women go like " i m waiting for mr right" is that however possible? Does Allah knows that they will receive mr right?

random question. lol.

- IqRa -
06-29-2009, 12:24 PM
Our sisters hope for the best from Allah, which is what we should do.

catalzzy
06-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Inshallah, i wish all the best to the sisters out there. Allah Akbar. :)

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 12:51 PM
In our discussion of qadar it should be noted that a true and full understanding of the subject is reserved for the select few who have sacrificed great amounts of time and energy for the sake of Islam, after which Allah expands their understanding of complex concepts like this that cannot be contained in logical formulas alone. The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have said, “Whenever Allah desires good for His bondsman, He gives him deep understanding of the religion and He inspires him with righteous guidance” (reported by Tabarani).

Allah already knows a little newborns destiny as in when HE marries Mrs.right.This is what the whole discussion is on.

Muhaba
06-29-2009, 01:05 PM
One way it can be explained is that supposing it is written for you that you will do some deeds, like fighting or writing. now you can choose good islamic deeds, for example you can fight in the Way of Allah and to protect the weak and oppressed or you can write good islamic articles, etc. or you can choose bad deeds like you can fight on the side of non-muslims or write unislamic or useless things.

There were fighters at the time of the Prophet (SAW). the kufaar fought on the side of the kufaar while the muslims fought for Islam. So while it may have been written for them that they would fight, the people chose whether they fought for Islam or against it.

I, for one, love to write. I used to write stories. the problem was most depicted unislamic culture and even had romance in them. then i read the verse about spreading immorality and that scared me so i stopped writing fiction altogether. But writing is in my nature, so Alhamdulillah now i write islamic stuff, like what i post on here. And I feel that is more fulfilling than the fiction that i used to write.

Muhaba
06-29-2009, 01:19 PM

yes that is true. and it makes you feel good too. like when i have an exam or interview or something & i'm nervious, i think it's all written what will happen, and that helps me a lot. I stop being afraid or nervious, lol.

the fact that muslims believe everything is in Allah's control and already written (predestined) actually helps Muslims overcome fear. I heard in a presentation that Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder cases are a lot less in the Muslim lands than in kafir lands. For example, after a life-threatening event such as war, disease, natural disaster, etc. the kafirs have more cases of PTSD than Muslims.

catalzzy
06-29-2009, 02:49 PM

yes that is true. and it makes you feel good too. like when i have an exam or interview or something & i'm nervious, i think it's all written what will happen, and that helps me a lot. I stop being afraid or nervious, lol.
yeah,

it does help as in like "thinking twice before you do"

interesting.. :D

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 03:19 PM
But whatever you do is destined so even if you think twice what Allah has willed will happen.

Eric H
06-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Catalzzy;
every individuals has the free will to choose?
Destiny Douglas C Hess

Watch Your Thoughts, For They Become Words,
Choose Your Words, For They Become Actions,
Understand Your Actions, For They Become Habits.
Study Your Habits,
For They Become Your Character,
Develop Your Character, For It Becomes Your Destiny.

Your intentions start from thoughts, then you might start talking about your thoughts and putting them into action. If you repeat these actions they become habits and form your character.

Up to this point you are talking about the present time, do you have good habits, can you change your bad habits, the future is your destiny. Can you see the direction in life that you are travelling along, is it the path you want?

Has all this been set out by God beforehand?

In the spirit of searching for a just and loving God

Eric

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 04:24 PM

We do have the freewill buy whatever you choose Allah already has written it down and knows what decision we may chose. We must keep our intention and heart pure insh'Allah and never let the Shytaan tempt us.

catalzzy
06-29-2009, 04:42 PM

Watch Your Thoughts, For They Become Words,
Choose Your Words, For They Become Actions,
Understand Your Actions, For They Become Habits.
Study Your Habits,
For They Become Your Character,
Develop Your Character, For It Becomes Your Destiny.
Mashallah, incredible.

We must keep our intention and heart pure insh'Allah and never let the Shytaan tempt us.
so, it is like Jihad right?

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 09:26 PM

If you think about it,yes in a way.

catalzzy
06-30-2009, 01:05 AM

yeah, it must be. :)

'Abd-al Hakim
06-30-2009, 01:36 AM

But with the Shytaan ,a clever warrior.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.