/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A friend needs my help

UmmahKhilafah
06-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Asalam Alaikum Wa rahmat Allah Wa barakatu to.

I was recently asked a question I was unable to answer. A friend of mine was telling me that when he was about 17 or just after his 18th birthday (To turn 19 on the 9th Of July) went to an Islamic Chatroom not knowing anything about Islam and starts learning about the Qur'an and Islam only because he is to far away to learn go to the mosque and in one night ends up making the Shahada. He then speaks the shahada with sincerity but eventually falls out of Islam because he was not near a mosque and it is he really didn't have any way to learn the basic things that Muslims should know about Islam accept over the internet except the 5 pillars of Islam. My friend started to believe in Islam once again, reading the Qur'an, even doing a bit of Dawah and he finds that he will be able to visit the closest mosque as often as he can. Is he able to make a second sincere shahada or is he doomed? My friend is a bit racked up over this and is very worried. And feedback and suggestions would be very helpful.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
brotherubaid
06-27-2009, 10:49 AM
How did he fall out of Islam,

He took the shahada , Alhumdolillah , what caused him to exit the circle of islam?

What is it that causes him to exit the cirlce of islam , if it is prayer , then there should be no excuse , he can pray at home or work if a mosque is not near.

What is meant by falling out of Islam? please explain , may be he never fell out of Islam n even if he did he can always take the shahada again ,As long as He Testifies that No one is worthy of worship, there is no diety worth worship except Allah, He alone should be worshipped and Muhamad sala lahu alihi wa sallam is his servant and messenger, then that is it , He is on tawheed, as long as he firmly believes these two things, and then the only thing i can think of right how that would get him out of islam is leaving salah , the prayer.

Rest i dont know how after taking the shahada one can go out , except if he does not belive that Alah alone should be worshipped or He does not believe that Muhammad is his messenger.

Tony
06-27-2009, 10:54 AM
I think he will be fine. Allah knows best what his circumstances are and if Allah is still calling him then he will be forgiven. Tell him not to worry about the mosque it was same for me and I read books etc to get namaz going. I only rescently started going to the mosque. If he truly believes in the oneness of Allah and fulfills namaz he will be ok, just advise him to keep moving forward and learning what he can. invite him here:D

liya
06-27-2009, 04:23 PM
sometimes we hav to try go further in order to get wat we want or need in order to increase OUR IMAAN .... cuz Allah eventually will ask us WHY!! ..... and belive me moques masallah r being build day after day .... as brothers saying he can practice from home or work or any other place ... just tell him that Allah is all-forgiving and He will keep forgive us wen ever we do mistakes we just hav to hav the intention to not go back to that sin isa ..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
06-27-2009, 04:40 PM
:salamext:
Feelings of remorse and guilt are natural reflections of sinning, if the person who has sinned has a conscious which is alive. After committing a sin, a person who fears Allah and give high respect to Him would feel a sense of despondency and despair thinking, "How will God forgive me for this sin?" However, it is noteworthy that despairing of God's mercy is in itself one of the major sins in Islam for God is ever merciful, ever forgiving. As He says in the Qur'an:"Do not despair of God's mercy; He will forgive you of all your sins".Qur'an (39:53).In another verse, Allah says:"And He wishes to forgive you" Qur'an (4:146).Islam fully understands the temptations that come in the way of everyone of us, and that which some of us might go for. Only through repentance, that one can wipeout those sins and past misdeeds and gradually get freed from the clutches of the ego.Repentance is the most noble and beloved form of obedience in the eyes of Allah the All Mighty. He loves those who repent. Repentance has a status that no other form of worship has. This is why Allah is extremely happy when a servant repents just as a traveller is happy when he finds his lost mount in the desert.Feeling Allah's satisfaction has its great impact on the heart of the one repenting. Hence, the repenting person reaches the status of being amongst the beloved through his repentance.Moreover, repentance brings about humbleness and a sense of helplessness to the only Creator; Allah, and that is not easily acquired through other forms of worship.Allah says in the Qur'an:"Except those who repent, have faith and good deeds, those Allah will charge their sins for good deeds. Certainly Allah is most forgiving and merciful." (Qur'an 25:70)This is a greatest glad tiding for those who repent and combine their repentance with deep faith and good deeds.Repentance breeds good deeds, whilst sinning (without repentance) can cause deprivation of obedience altogether. It has been said that committing sins regularly will darken and harden the heart and make purifying it once again a difficult mission. It may even lead a person to reject Allah completely (Allah forbid) or lead him to commit a bigger sin. There is no recourse for a sinner except to ask Allah for forgiveness and to feel great regret for his actions.Repentance is to repent from the heart, to train the heart into obedi ence and to make a firm resolution never to commit the sin again.How to repent?For repentance to be accepted by Allah, one should go through these four stages:1- Stop the sin.2- Regretting deeply and truly for the sin you committed.3- Return to Allah for forgiveness.4- Strong intention never to return to that same sin again.What would help in fulfilling the above four stages?The repenting person should remember three facts: 1. The grave consequence of sins.2. The painful punishment for sins and 3. How week a person is when committing such sins.Abu Bakr Al siddiq (May Allah be pleased with him), narrated:"I heard Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) saying: ‘There isn’t a man who, when he commits a sin, rises, makes ablution, and offers two rak'as of prayers, but Allah forgives his sins.’Allah says in the Qur'an:"Those (are the true believers) who, when they commit an evil deed, or wrong their souls, remember Allah, and seek forgiveness for their sins - and who but Allah forgives sins? They do not insist upon the sins they have committed, and they know (that Allah is forgiving)." (Qur'an 3:135)

brotherubaid
06-29-2009, 05:48 AM
By the way sinning doe snot get ur friend out of Islam , Its the Tawheed n shirk n kufr n leaving salah or any other pillars of islam.

Prayer he can pray at home if a masjid is not near. Rest he is still a muslim InshahAllah.

Please do let us know how n why does he thinks he fell out of islam

UmmahKhilafah
06-29-2009, 05:53 AM
When he took the Shahada he was naive and didn't know the basics of Islam. He could of prayed at home but he wasn't near a msjid to perform the Salah correctly.

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 06:07 AM
:sl:
He can repent because Allah the all mighty stated in Surah 42 Verse 25 "He is the One that accepts repentance from His Servants and forgives sins: and He knows all that ye do."

:w:

UmmahKhilafah
06-29-2009, 06:08 AM
Jazak Allah Khair, I shall tell him.

brotherubaid
06-29-2009, 06:41 AM
As long as he pray the 5 prayers, only if he just prays the obligatory , The Fardh , He is a muslim InshahAllah , As long as he knows and firmly belives that Allah is to be worshipped Alone, No one has the right to be worshipped beside and alongside God and God has no partners and He doe snot join anything or anybody in worship with God , and believes that From Adam to Noah to Ibrahim to Jacob , joseph moses aaron n jeses n john were all prophets of God and Muhammad is their Brother and the Last messenger , He is A muslim , they next most imp thing is prayer , as long as he prays at home he is Fine InshahAllah. He just cannot leave prayer, not even a single one.

He has to believe in Allah

Believe in His Angels

Believe in His Books that He has sent down ( Quran Bible Torah zubur etc)

Believe in His messengers n Prophets

Believe in the Decree

Believe in the last day and Life after death.

Then we have Prayer , Zakat , fast ramadan , Hajj if he is able to.

So one cant just fall out of islam , If his believes are right and is doing his prayers , n fasting ramadan when ramadan comes , rest the charity/zakat is for certain people , i mean those who fall in the category and haj as well.

So inshahAllah he is fien and convey to him my greetings and My salam he is my brother for the sake of Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.