/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is paradise for women as well?

piers
06-27-2009, 11:55 AM
I have read in the koran about paradise in a masculine context and there seems to be some debate on this issue from what I have seen on the islam channels we have at home in the case of women. I have heard some say the koran doesnt specify women have paradise and virgins and others say the arabic is not gender specific. so what is going on with this issue? Also is it true that in the koran it say hell will be mostly made up of women?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
06-27-2009, 12:38 PM
When this philosophy of gender was applied to Muslim society the ‘night’ never attempted to become ‘day’. Rather ‘night’ and ‘day’ eternally longed for each other. And so we were never subjected to the abominable phenomenon (that European civilization is now exporting to the rest of the world) of the ‘day’ mating with ‘day’ and vice-versa. Women in such a society not only fulfilled all their sacred functional duties as wives and as mothers, and thus contributed in a significant way to preservation of the health, strength and stability of the family, but, in addition, they preserved both their femininity as well as their fertility. And so the Muslim woman remained truly and enchantingly a woman! An age that produced the celibate priest had obstinately insisted that one had to turn away from woman in order to turn to God. Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah Most High be upon him) responded by declaring “Three things have been made dear to me in this world of yours – perfume, women and prayer.” And so Islam rejected both celibacy and the ‘object’ while recognizing woman, like prayer, to be a medium through which a man might journey to paradise.

Ummu Sufyaan
06-27-2009, 12:42 PM
@ original post: not that im discouraging you from asking and all but i dont understand why everyone is so hung up abut what men get in paradise. has anybody taken into account the natural instincts of a man and how he must fear Allah in regards to that (out of marriage). has it occured to anyone that perhaps they are his reward for fearing allah in regards to what He has trialed him with. i mean would it really be fair if allah created in the male this "instinct" then asked him to control it, and not reward him if he did...im not saying it is the case, but open mindedness people :peace:

forgive me if i've said anything to cause offence.

is paradise for women as well?
of course it is...Allah hasnt excluded us from it, alhamdulillah!

Yanal
06-27-2009, 01:01 PM
"But the believers who do good works, whether men or women, shall enter the gardens of Paradise. They shall not suffer the least injustice." Qur'an, 4:124.

Does this verse not explain?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zafran
06-27-2009, 01:40 PM
This is that old boring argument - I've heard it all before. Its preety clear woemn get something in the hereafter.

liya
06-27-2009, 02:31 PM
Masallah sister umm ul-shaheed and brother yanal said wat i want to say !!

piers
06-27-2009, 08:13 PM
okay fair enough.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.