/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

Abdul Wahid
06-27-2009, 04:19 PM
:sl:

I have a bank account which I never used. Well when I was a kid my parents used to put money in there for me.

Last week I went to put some money in there and they gave me a new book and changed my account.

All of a sudden I had a lot more money then I was supposed to have had. I looked in the book and realised that the extra money was bonuses and interest.

I told my mum - 'Why did they give me interest? What am I going to do with it? My mum said give it to me. I said 'Yeah right - its of no use'

My question is simple. What do i do with this extra money?

JazakALLAH-heir.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
06-28-2009, 04:30 PM
And my answer is simple. Don't take that extra money, that is Riba.

All scholars are agree, Riba is haram. But about bank, some scholars says non-islamic bank is haram. And other scholars say, non-islamic bank account is not haram but Muslims are not allowed to take Riba.
I think you are living in a non-muslim country and there is no Islamic bank near you. That is considered as emergency situation. You can save your money in bank but don't ever take an extra money. You must know how much your money and how much extra money in your account.
For make it easier, you can have your private book. Or you can make another account as 'save and forget account'. Whenever the bank gives you an extra money, you must 'throw' that extra money to 'save and forget account' for clean up your main account from Riba.

And about your mum. If you want to give money to her, you must give your own money. Don't give her money from extra money, don't give her haram money.

Yanal
06-28-2009, 04:54 PM
:salamext:
Sura-Al Nisa Verse 161 Allah stated: "That they took usury though they were forbidden and they devoured peoples wealth wrongfully; we have prepared for those amongst them who reject faith a grievous chastisement."

Allah knows the best.

:w:

Abdul Wahid
06-28-2009, 05:36 PM
JazakALLAH-heir the responses.

Just to clear up when I said I don't want the money. My mum was saying 'give it to the poor'

I know you can't do that too. So it's best to leave it in the bank. I will let the bank know that I don't want any interest from them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uthman
06-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: With regard to the interest that the bank has given to you, do not give it back to the bank and do not consume it yourself; rather spend it on charitable causes, such as giving it to the poor, repairing public washrooms, and helping debtors who are unable to pay off their debts. End quote from Fataawa Islamiyyah (2/407).

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/81952/interest

egyptballer
06-28-2009, 05:57 PM
repairing public washrooms

Yes,I heard you can give your money earned from interest to public bathrooms.

Verify.inshAllah

- IqRa -
06-29-2009, 08:27 AM
Give it to charity

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!