PDA

View Full Version : ''Dogs are NOT haraam, as nothing ill of them are mentioned in The Quran'' Help



AlexJ90
06-27-2009, 07:25 PM
I have read alot upon the ownership of Dogs, in the house of the owner.

I have come across several sites and muslims who say, Dogs are NOT haraam or Najis, as this is not mentioned in The Quran. Infact in Sura 18 in The Quran, The Cave (Al-Kahf), Dogs are mentioned, but not negatively.

Sunni Sahih al-Bukhari declared it 'Najis', which can be seen as a majority of muslims follow him and not Allah Rahman?

Its the sunni hadiths that declare the saliva of a Dog Najis, however Shi'as disagree with sunni hadiths, as they (Shi'a Muslims) do not use the Six major Hadith collections followed by the Sunni because the majority of the companions who passed down these hadith (in the Six major Hadith collections) are considered to have erred by accepting the Caliphate of Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman in preference to Ali.

Surely The Quran is more superior and genuine in comparence to The Quran.

I would like some opinions on this view?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
06-27-2009, 07:39 PM
:salamext:

(17)*Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever keeps a Dog, one Qirat of the reward of his good deeds is deducted daily, unless the Dog is used for guarding a farm or cattle." Abu Huraira (in another narration) said from the Prophet, "unless it is used for guarding sheep or farms, or for hunting." Narrated Abu Hazim from Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "A Dog for guarding cattle or for hunting." *(Book #39, Hadith #515)
Reply

nocturne
06-27-2009, 07:43 PM
AlexIslam problem seems to be more based on Shia's interpretations.

But yeah as Yanal bro pointed out, it can be used to guard farm/home but cant be kept as pets.

Anyway, have u been around dogs. They smell awful and are disgusting.
Reply

KooKoo
06-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by nocturne
Anyway, have u been around dogs. They smell awful and are disgusting.
Humans too smell "awful and disgusting," if they do not properly look after themselves. :?
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
GreyKode
06-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by KooKoo
Humans too smell "awful and disgusting," if they do not properly look after themselves. :?
At least they can take care of themselves.
Reply

AlexJ90
06-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Sorry i mistyped the final sentences, i meant to say '' Surely The Quran is more superior and genuine in comparence to The Hadiths?

I would like some opinions on this view?

------------------------------------------------------


HOWEVER...continuing with the discussion. Shi'a tradition almost always rejects the authenticty of Abu Hurairah's hadith, seldom accepting only when there are similar hadith narrated by reliable Sahabah (companions). They consider him an enemy of Ali due to having been in favor with Mu'awiya, and thus hold him in low regard.

If The Quran doesnt mention anything negative about Dogs, why should there be people following claims made by word of mouth?, If its not in The Quran, then why are dogs prohibited?

I believe Dogs are Allah's creation and we shouldnt treat them badly or kill them unlawfully. They are made haram in ******sm/salafism/sunnism. Through I believe their respective 'scholars' never understood The Glorious Quran ,otherwise they wouldnt have declared it haram?

See chapter 18 of Glorious Quran

5:4] They consult you concerning what is lawful for them; say, "Lawful for you are all good things, including what trained dogs and falcons catch for you." You train them according to GOD's teachings. You may eat what they catch for you, and mention GOD's name thereupon. You shall observe GOD. GOD is most efficient in reckoning.

[18:18] You would think that they were awake, when they were in fact asleep. We turned them to the right side and the left side, while their dog stretched his arms in their midst. Had you looked at them, you would have fled from them, stricken with terror.

[18:22] Some would say, "They were three; their dog being the fourth," while others would say, "Five; the sixth being their dog," as they guessed. Others said, "Seven," and the eighth was their dog. Say, "My Lord is the best knower of their number." Only a few knew the correct number. Therefore, do not argue with them; just go along with them. You need not consult anyone about this.

The hadiths are lower ranked compared to The Quran.

The Quran is Allah's definition of Islam, and in my opinion the Qur'an can be understood using the Qur'an itself (Qur'an interprets itself)


What are your views and responses to mine?
Reply

Abdul Fattah
06-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Selam aleykum
Animals are not haram by themselfs. For example, it's not like a pig is a bad animal and we should look down on it. It simply isn't meant for consumation, but it is also part of Allah subhana wa ta'ala his creation. So your question of wheter or not dogs are haram, is kind of a simplification of the matter. Dogs itself aren't haram, but we need to consider that there are a lot of hadeeth that mention dogs.
It's been mentioned already in this thread that dogs shouldn't be kept unless under certain conditions.
Also note that although the dog itself isn't considered filthy (since you can wash it) his saliva is still filthy. So if a dog smells your clothes, and in doing so drips saliva on your cloths, then you can not pray in those clothes until they are properly washed.
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503547226
http://www.muslimconverts.com/pets/dogs.htm
Reply

AabiruSabeel
06-28-2009, 06:13 AM
We are neither going to discuss Shia point of view here, nor shall we allow slightest abuse to any of the Sahabah.

Allah SubHanahu waTa'ala has mentioned dogs in the Qur'an, but He has never said they are lawful to eat. In fact, the dogs were mentioned in Surah Kahf for a particular reason.
The story where the dogs are mentioned in Surah Al Kahf is about a group of youths who stood firm on their Deen, and when they were persecuted, they took shelter in a cave. A dog followed them and slept with them. Allah SubHanahu waTa'ala protected the dog too along with the youth. Here Allah SubHanahu waTa'ala explains us that whoever takes the company of the righteous, he will also be among them. Not that dogs are good consume. Why would they send one of them to the town to get food from there? They would have simply slaughtered the dog and eaten it.
Reply

KooKoo
06-28-2009, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by GreyKode
At least they can take care of themselves.
What about babies? :D
Reply

'Abd-al Latif
06-29-2009, 11:47 PM
The word 'Qiraat' in the hadeeth below is two huge mountain's of reward according to a hadeeth in Bukhari and Muslim. I can type this hadeeth up which clearifies the world 'Qirat' if anyone requires it.

Q.Keeping a dog is najis & - If a muslim man keep dog just to guard the house, outside the house - put the dog at the end of the compound, how should he cleans himself, what if he cannot find any earth or mud to clean himself, is there other alternative way of cleaning himself? [sometime, he take the dog for jogging, pat the dog, kiss the dog etc] .

A.Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Islam forbids Muslims to keep dogs, and the punishment for that is that the one who does that loses one or two qiraats from his hasanaat (good deeds) each day. An exception has been made in the case of keeping dogs for hunting, guarding livestock and guarding crops.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever keeps a dog, except a dog for herding, hunting or farming, one qiraat will be deducted from his reward each day.” Narrated by Muslim, 1575.

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever keeps a dog, except a dog for herding livestock or a dog that is trained for hunting, two qiraats will be deducted from his reward each day.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5163; Muslim, 1574.

Is it permissible to keep a dog to guard houses?

Al-Nawawi said:

There is a difference of opinion as to whether it is permissible to keep dogs for purposes other than these three, such as for guarding houses and roads. The most correct view is that it is permissible, by analogy with these three and based on the reason that is to be understood from the hadeeth, which is necessity. End quote.

Sharh Muslim, 10/236

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Based on this, if a house is in the middle of the city there is no need to keep a dog to guard it, so keeping a dog for this purpose in such situations is haraam and is not permitted, and it detracts one or two qiraats from a person’s reward every day. They should get rid of this dog and not keep it. But if the house is in the countryside and there is no one else around, then it is permissible to keep a dog to guard the house and the people who are in it; guarding the members of the household is more important than guarding livestock or crops. End quote.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 4/246

There are several scholarly views about reconciling the reports which say “one qiraat” and those which say “two qiraats”.

Al-Haafiz al-‘Ayni (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

(a) It may be that they have to do with two types of dogs, one of which could cause more harm than the other.

(b) It was said that “two qiraats” applies in cities and villages, and “one qiraat” applies in the countryside.

(c) It was said that they were said at two different times – “one qiraat” was mentioned first, then the warning was made more strict and two qiraats were mentioned.

‘Umdat al-Qaari, 12/158.

Secondly:

With regard to the words of the questioner, “keeping a dog is naajis”. This is not exactly correct, because the najaasah (impurity) is not in the dog itself, rather it is in its saliva when it drinks from a vessel. If a person touches a dog or a dog touches him, that does not mean that he has to purify himself, whether with soil or water. But if a dog drinks from his vessel, then he has to throw away the water and wash it seven times with water and the eighth time with soil, if he wants to use it. If he makes it just for the dog then he does not have to purify it.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The purification of the vessel of one of you, if a dog licks it, is to wash it seven times, the first time with soil.” Nararted by Muslim, 279.

And according to another report by Muslim (280): “If a dog licks the vessel of one of you, let him wash it seven times and rub it with soil the eighth time.”

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

With regard to dogs, there are three views among the scholars:

1 – That they are taahir (pure), even their saliva. This is the view of Maalik.

2 – That they are naajis (impure), even their hair. This is the view of al-Shaafa’i and is one of the two views narrated from Ahmad.

3 – Their hair is taahir but their saliva is naajis. This is the view of Abu Haneefah and of Ahmad in the other report narrated from him.

This is the most correct view. So if the wetness of the dog’s hair gets onto one’s garment or body, that does not make it naajis. End quote.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 21/530.

Elsewhere he said:

That is because the basic principle is that substances are taahir, and it is not permissible to regard anything as naajis or haraam without evidence, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“while He has explained to you in detail what is forbidden to you, except under compulsion of necessity?”

[al-An’aam 6:119]

“And Allaah will never lead a people astray after He has guided them until He makes clear to them as to what they should avoid”

[al-Tawbah 9:115]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The purification of the vessel of one of you, if a dog licks it, is to wash it seven times, the first time with soil” – and in another hadeeth, “If a dog licks a vessel…” All of the ahaadeeth mention licking only; they do not mention any other part of the dog, regarding them as naajis is based only on analogy.

Moreover, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) granted a concession allowing people to keep dogs for hunting, herding and farming. The one who keeps them must touch the wetness of their hair, just as happens in the case of mules, donkeys, etc. To suggest that their hair is naajis when touching them cannot be avoided could impose undue hardship, which is not what the Lawgiver intended for this ummah.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 21/217, 218

To be on the safe side it is better, if a person touches a dog and there is something wet on his hand, or if there is something wet on the dog, to wash his hand seven times, one of which should be with soil. Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:

With regard to touching this dog, if there is no wetness then it does not make the hand naajis, but if he touches it and there is any wetness, then this means that the hand becomes naajis according to the view of many scholars, and the hand must be washed after that seven times, one of which should be with soil. End quote.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 11/246.

Thirdly:

With regard to the way in which purification from the najaasah of a dog is to be done, this has been explained in the answer to question no. 41090 and 46314.

What must be done is to wash off the najaasah of a dog seven times, one of which should be with soil. If soil is available then it must be used, and nothing else will do. If no soil is available, then there is nothing wrong with using some other cleaning agent such as soap.

Fourthly:

What the questioner mentions about kissing the dog is something that causes many diseases. The diseases that people may get as the result of going against sharee’ah by kissing dogs or drinking from their vessels before purifying them are many, such as pasturella which is a bacterial disease, the cause of which exists naturally in the respiratory systems of humans and animals, but under certain circumstances this germ can invade the body and cause disease.

Another of these diseases is a parasitic disease that affects the intestines of humans and animals, and usually affects the liver and lungs, the abdominal cavity and the rest of the body.

This disease is caused by tapeworms, which are small worms 2-9 millimeters long, which are formed of three sections, a head and a neck; the head has four suckers.

The adult worms live in the intestines of their hosts, such as dogs, cats, crows and wolves.

This disease is transmitted to human who love dogs, when they kiss them or drink from their vessels.

See: Amraad al-hayawaanaat allati tuseeb al-insaan (Animal diseases that affect humans) by Dr. ‘Ali Ismaa’eel ‘Ubayd al-Snaafi.

Conclusion:

It is not permissible to keep dogs except for hunting or guarding livestock and crops, and it is permissible to keep them for guarding houses so long as that is outside the city and that there is no other means of guarding the house. The Muslim should not imitate the kuffaar by running with the dog or touching its mouth and kissing it, which causes many diseases.

Praise be to Allaah for this pure and perfect sharee’ah, which came to set people’s spiritual and worldly affairs straight, but most people do not realize.

And Allaah knows best.
Islam Q&A
Reply

AlexJ90
06-29-2009, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
We are neither going to discuss Shia point of view here, nor shall we allow slightest abuse to any of the Sahabah.

Allah SubHanahu waTa'ala has mentioned dogs in the Qur'an, but He has never said they are lawful to eat. In fact, the dogs were mentioned in Surah Kahf for a particular reason.
The story where the dogs are mentioned in Surah Al Kahf is about a group of youths who stood firm on their Deen, and when they were persecuted, they took shelter in a cave. A dog followed them and slept with them. Allah SubHanahu waTa'ala protected the dog too along with the youth. Here Allah SubHanahu waTa'ala explains us that whoever takes the company of the righteous, he will also be among them. Not that dogs are good consume. Why would they send one of them to the town to get food from there? They would have simply slaughtered the dog and eaten it.

The shi'a and sunni view is not the matter here, the matter here is that The Quran does not specify anything ill of Dogs.

written by Linda Kelly follows the above which supports the wholesomeness of dogs. Kelly refers to the "Seven Sleepers" story in the Quran, (that was taken from New Testament Apocrypha), and says that because there was a dog with them, God approved of dogs as companions. She

Hadith tells us that angels won't enter a room where there is a dog. That means that for 309 years that the sleepers were in the cave, no angel ever entered. Yet The Surah I specified located in The Quran says "We turned them...." The use of "we" clearly indicates the participation of angels. There is absolutely no reason to mention the dog as part of this story, except to make it clear to future generation that dogs are permitted to live among people, right "in their midst." And 18:22 clearly shows that the dog was counted right along with the believers.

There is no mention of The impurity or the unlawfull killing of jet black dogs or any dogs at all in The Quran i am reading at the moment.

I believe the hadith contradicts the Quran, which i find confusing. My opinion is based on the assumption that "We" includes angels. God could have turned the sleepers himself. If Allah SubHanahu waTa'ala can create the world, he can turn sleeping men and angels need not be in the cave.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-29-2009, 11:56 PM
When the word "we" is used in the Quraan, Allah(swt) refers to Himself, not that it includes angels.
Reply

'Abd-al Latif
06-30-2009, 12:03 AM
A king or a Queen use the word 'we' but they do not refer to anyone other then themselves. Allah uses the word in the plural form because the plural is used for respect and glorification.

Ibn Taymiyah (rahimullah) wrote in Majmaoo’ al-Fataawaa (5/128) some words which may be of interest to us here:

“With regard to Allaah’s closeness to us, sometimes it is mentioned in the singular, as in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning): ‘And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad) concerning Me, then (answer them) I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me…’ [al-Baqarah 2:186] and the hadeeth: ‘The One on Whom you call is closer to any one of you than the neck of his riding-camel’, and sometimes in the plural, as in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning): ‘… And We are nearer to Him than his jugular vein’ [Qaaf 50:16]. This is like the aayaat (interpretation of the meanings): ‘We recite to you…’ [al-Qasas 28:3] and ‘We relate unto you…’ [Yoosuf 12:3]. Such usage in Arabic refers to the one who is great and has helpers who obey him; when his helpers do something by his command, he says ‘We did it,’ as a king might say, ‘We conquered this land and we defeated this army,’ and so on.”

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/2090

Please read my first post for a clarification.
Reply

Walkinfront
06-30-2009, 12:19 AM
Our islam is not complete unless we follow the sunnah as well. You cannot say "Well, its not in the Quran so I guess its ok". That is an incorrect way of thinking. If the hadith says dogs are haram, then they are.
Reply

ragdollcat1982
06-30-2009, 12:25 AM
Are service animals for deaf or blind people prohibted in Islam?
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-30-2009, 12:36 AM
^^ I dont believe so...the Prophet(saw) I think had a dog along when he traveled. The only thing is u cant keep them inside your house...but you can keep them outside i think.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Reply

alcurad
06-30-2009, 12:58 AM
if keeping it serves a purpose then it's allowed, otherwise no.
Reply

AlexJ90
06-30-2009, 01:40 AM
the Quran does not contain ANY "verses" on dogs being haram or even the dogs saliva being impure. Dogs are mentioned in the Quran 5 times, not just once, 7:176, 18:18, 18:22 (three times) but no where does God call the dogs dirty animals or give any indication that they should be avoided or treated the way a number of Muslims think they should. In fact Sura 18 shows the same attitude towards dogs. In the story of the men of the cave in Sura 18, it seems that God sees dogs as part of men's lives. 18:18 "You would think that they were awake, when they were in fact asleep. We turned them to the right side and the left side, while their dog stretched his arms in their midst." Hadith tells us that angels will not enter into a room where there is a dog. So for 300 years that the people and the dog were in the cave, no angel ever entered. Yet God says "We turned them..." Surely the use of "we" includes "the angels".

However there is no certainty so say whether ''we'' means Allah himself, or the angels aswell. There is no 100% answer in that.

I have been studying Islam alot, i am a proud muslim, however my studies have shown the Hadith literature seems to present its readers with contradictory statements. Whether it was allowable to write down traditions of the prophet in the early days of Islam is questionable.

Edit: Quotation without reference and abuse of a Sahabi

Lets discuss..
Reply

Joe98
06-30-2009, 03:27 AM
No. Find another thread nearby, in the World Affairs section, where Muslims are asked to follow their religion and not allow it to be "watered down" by the West.

If I were to critisize the taxi drivers I am Islamophobic and yet they refuse to allow their religion to be "watered down".

These are the type of issues that bring me to this forum.


Can seeing eye dogs travel in a Muslim owned taxi?

-
Reply

AabiruSabeel
06-30-2009, 07:09 AM
Originally Posted by AlexIslam
The shi'a and sunni view is not the matter here, the matter here is that The Quran does not specify anything ill of Dogs.

written by Linda Kelly follows the above which supports the wholesomeness of dogs. Kelly refers to the "Seven Sleepers" story in the Quran, (that was taken from New Testament Apocrypha), and says that because there was a dog with them, God approved of dogs as companions. She

Hadith tells us that angels won't enter a room where there is a dog. That means that for 309 years that the sleepers were in the cave, no angel ever entered. Yet The Surah I specified located in The Quran says "We turned them...." The use of "we" clearly indicates the participation of angels. There is absolutely no reason to mention the dog as part of this story, except to make it clear to future generation that dogs are permitted to live among people, right "in their midst." And 18:22 clearly shows that the dog was counted right along with the believers.

There is no mention of The impurity or the unlawfull killing of jet black dogs or any dogs at all in The Quran i am reading at the moment.

I believe the hadith contradicts the Quran, which i find confusing. My opinion is based on the assumption that "We" includes angels. God could have turned the sleepers himself. If Allah SubHanahu waTa'ala can create the world, he can turn sleeping men and angels need not be in the cave.
This is what is written in the Tafsir of Surah Al-Kahf: Ma'ariful Qur'an

The dog of the People of Kahf

At this point, we have a question on our hands. It appears in an authentic Hadith that angels do not enter a house that has a dog or picture. Then, there is a Hadith of the Sahih of al-Bukhari. There, it has been reported on the authority of Sayyidna Ibn Umar (RA) that the Holy Prophet (PBUH) said, "Whoever keeps a dog, except the one used for hunting or guarding livestock, has two qirats deducted every day from his reward (qirat or karat is the name of a small weight)." And in the report narrated by Sayyidna Abu Hurairah (RA), there is the exception of a third kind of dog, that is, a dog kept to guard land produce.

Based on these Hadith reports, one can ask as to why did these worthy men of Allah take a dog with them? One answer to this could be that the prohibition of keeping a dog is an injunction of the Shari'ah brought by the Holy Prophet (PBUH) and it is possible that it may not be so prohibited in the Shari'ah (law) brought by Sayyidna 'Isa Masih (AS). Then, it is reasonably imaginable that these people who had property and livestock may have kept a dog for their protection from intruders and since the faithfulness of a dog is well known, the dog followed them when they went out from the city.

Good Company is a Blessing - Even for a dog!

Ibn 'Atiyyah says that his father told him that he heard a sermon of Abu al-Fadl Jawhari in the Hijrah year 469 at the Great Mosque of Egypt. Speaking on the Mimbar, he was telling everyone, 'whoever loves good people, he too gets a share from their goodness. See when the dog of the Ashab al-Kahf loved them and followed them closely as if appended with them, Allah Ta'ala mentioned it in the Qur'an'.
Al-Qurtubi mentions this report of Ibn 'Atiyyah in his Tafsir. In his comments, he says when a dog can reach this station by being in the company of the righteous and the saintly, imagine how high the station of true believers and pure monotheists who love righteous men of Allah would be. In fact, there is comfort and good news in this event for Muslims who are weak in deeds but do love the Holy Prophet (PBUH) fully and duly.

It has been reported in the Sahih of al-Bukhari that Sayyidna Anas (RA) said, "One day, I and the Holy Prophet *(PBUH) were coming out of the Masjid. We met a person at the door. He asked, "Ya Rasulallah, when will the Qiyamah come?" He said, "What preparations have you already made for Qiyamah? (In view of which you want it to come soon)." Hearing this, the man was somewhat ashamed and corrected himself by saying, "I have not collected a lot of prayers, fasts and charities for Qiyamah, but I love Allah and His Messenger." He said, "If so, [on the day of Qiyamah] you shall be with those whom you love." Sayyidna Anas (RA) says, "when we heard this bliss of a sentence from the Holy Prophet , we were so happy that we had never been that happy since we embraced Islam." After that, Sayyidna Anas said, "[al-hamdulillah] I love Allah, His Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم, Abu Bakr and 'Umar رضي الله عنهما, therefore, I look forward to being with them." (Qurtubi)

I hope the matter is clear to you now.

Originally Posted by AlexIslam
the Quran does not contain ANY "verses" on dogs being haram or even the dogs saliva being impure. Dogs are mentioned in the Quran 5 times, not just once, 7:176, 18:18, 18:22 (three times) but no where does God call the dogs dirty animals or give any indication that they should be avoided or treated the way a number of Muslims think they should. In fact Sura 18 shows the same attitude towards dogs. In the story of the men of the cave in Sura 18, it seems that God sees dogs as part of men's lives. 18:18 "You would think that they were awake, when they were in fact asleep. We turned them to the right side and the left side, while their dog stretched his arms in their midst." Hadith tells us that angels will not enter into a room where there is a dog. So for 300 years that the people and the dog were in the cave, no angel ever entered. Yet God says "We turned them..." Surely the use of "we" includes "the angels".

However there is no certainty so say whether ''we'' means Allah himself, or the angels aswell. There is no 100% answer in that.
I wonder where you got that translation from. Are you twisting it to suite your point? The Quran does not say that the dog stretched it's arms in their midst. It was rather at the entrance of the cave.
018.018
YUSUFALI: Thou wouldst have deemed them awake, whilst they were asleep, and We turned them on their right and on their left sides: their dog stretching forth his two fore-legs on the threshold: if thou hadst come up on to them, thou wouldst have certainly turned back from them in flight, and wouldst certainly have been filled with terror of them.
PICKTHAL: And thou wouldst have deemed them waking though they were asleep, and We caused them to turn over to the right and the left, and their dog stretching out his paws on the threshold. If thou hadst observed them closely thou hadst assuredly turned away from them in flight, and hadst been filled with awe of them.
SHAKIR: And you might think them awake while they were asleep and We turned them about to the right and to the left, while their dog (lay) outstretching its paws at the entrance; if you looked at them you would certainly turn back from them in flight, and you would certainly be filled with awe because of them.

Your point is answered above. The dog was at the entrance, not inside the cave, so the angels do not have any difficulty in being with the sleepers inside the cave.

Originally Posted by Joe98
No. Find another thread nearby, in the World Affairs section, where Muslims are asked to follow their religion and not allow it to be "watered down" by the West.

If I were to critisize the taxi drivers I am Islamophobic and yet they refuse to allow their religion to be "watered down".

These are the type of issues that bring me to this forum.


Can seeing eye dogs travel in a Muslim owned taxi?

-
We do not usually give out Religious rulings here. We just try to explain if there is a misunderstanding or in rare cases, quote the ruling from reliable scholars.
If the Muslim Taxi drivers feel uncomfortable to take a dog as their passenger, then we cannot force them to take it.

I hope all questions are now answered. Any discussion involving abuse of the Sahabah will not be allowed.


:threadclo
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-15-2015, 08:49 PM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 06:17 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 03:12 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2007, 11:21 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-24-2005, 03:39 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!