/* */

PDA

View Full Version : need help

Brasco
06-27-2009, 10:14 PM
:sl: dear brothers and sisters!

I got a few question reagarding prayer! Please, I need the answer with a Hadith.

1) After finishing Taslim, do I have to go with my hands through the face?

2) Praying Dhur in a Masjid (friday), are there Sunna prayers? I've been always praying one Sunna (2 rak'at) before fard and one after it.

Well, I actually had more questions :( but I forgot :(

Insha'allah you can help me!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
06-27-2009, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brasco
:sl: dear brothers and sisters!

I got a few question reagarding prayer! Please, I need the answer with a Hadith.

I'm sorry I don't understand. Can you please clearify?

2) Praying Dhur in a Masjid (friday), are there Sunna prayers? I've been always praying one Sunna (2 rak'at) before fard and one after it.

Well, I actually had more questions :( but I forgot :(

Insha'allah you can help me!!!
You're supposed to pray Jum'ah instead of Duhr on friday and you should try your very best to do this as the Prophet (saaws) said: People should stop neglecting Jumu’ah prayers or else Allaah will place a seal over their hearts, then they will be among the negligent. [Narrated by Muslim, 865.]

But if you missed it for a legitimate excuse then you should instead pray Duhr as you would normally pray it, in congregation is possible.

BlissfullyJaded
06-27-2009, 10:31 PM
:w:

I'm not sure, but are you talking about wiping your face with your hands after you make salaam to your right and left and then raise your hands in duas?

Brasco
06-27-2009, 10:36 PM
Well, you did not get me! I always pray jumaa! My question is: Before Jumaa prayer I pray sunna and then the sermon starts for another time after that the athan calls! and then we pray jumaa. After that I pray sunna! Before and after two raka!

With the face I mean: after saying salaam to your right and left, is it right to place the hands on the face and go below??

I am sorry I can not express myself well :( really sorry :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd-al Latif
06-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Q.Is there any Sunnah prayer before or after Jumu’ah?

A.Praise be to Allaah.

There is no regular Sunnah prayer before Jumu’ah according to the more correct of the two scholarly opinions, but it prescribed for the Muslim, when he comes to the mosque, to pray whatever Allaah enables him to pray, saying salaam after each two rak’ahs, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The prayers of the night and the day [i.e., other than the obligatory prayers] are two by two.” (Narrated by Imaam Ahmad and the authors of Sunan with a hasan isnaad; the original is to be found in al-Saheeh without any mention of the day.)

And many saheeh reports indicate that what is prescribed for the Muslim when he comes to the mosque on Friday is to pray whatever Allaah wills he should pray before the imaam comes out. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not specify whether it should be two or four or more. All of that is good, but the minimum is two rak’ahs to “greet the mosque.”

With regard to after Jumu’ah, there is a regular Sunnah prayer, the minimum of which is two rak’ahs and the maximum is four, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Whoever among you prays after Jumu’ah, let him pray four (rak’ahs)” (narrated by Muslim, al-Jumu’ah, 8881). And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to pray two rak’ahs after Jumu’ah in his house. May Allaah help us all to do that which pleases Him.

Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Mutanawwi’ah li Samaahat al-Shaykh al-‘Allaamah ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him), part 12, vol. 386

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/14075

Brasco
06-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Jazakullah ta'ala kheir akhi!! This is what I needed!! Insha'allah, there will be someone who can answer my other question :(

masalam!

aadil77
06-27-2009, 10:50 PM

With the face I mean: after saying salaam to your right and left, is it right to place the hands on the face and go below??

Bro I think you're talking about dua?

BlissfullyJaded
06-27-2009, 10:50 PM

It's okay, don't be sorry.

There is a difference of opinion regarding this. According to Imaam al Nawawi and some other Shafi and Hanafi ulama, it is recommended to wipe the face with ones hands after making dua.

Brasco
06-27-2009, 10:54 PM
I truly mean prayer!

One is turning to the right and the left, one's hands are being on their knees. After finishing that act, one is wiping their face like Dua! is this right?

insha'allah you understand me :(

masalam!!

Yanal
06-28-2009, 03:36 AM
:salamext:

Is this the answer you seek for your 2nd question?

Recite: Astaghfirullah 3 times. Then recite: Allahumma entas salamu we minkes selam tabarakte ya zel djalali wel ikram. Then read this: Subhanallahi wel hamdulillahi we le ilehe ill allahu wallahu ekber,wela hawle wela kuwwete illa billahil aleyyil azim. Then read Ayatul Kursi. Then say 33 x Subhanallah, 33 x Alhamdulilah 33 x Allahu Ekber. Then recite : Allahu Ekber, La ileha illallahu wahdehu laa sherikah leh , lehul mulku we lehul hamdu we huwa ala kulli shay'in qadir. Then say : Subhane rabbiyal aliyyil alal wahhaab, Then raise hands with your palms upwards and start your supplication. You can read any duaa from quran or ahadeeth or formulate your own duaa in your own language. However start your duaa with praising Allah and sending Salaam and Salawat to our noble Prophet this will suffice for that; Alhamdulillahi rabbil alamin wa salatu was salamu ala muhammadin wa ala alihi wa sahbihi adjmain. Then make your duaa, and end it in this way; Subhanaka rabbike rabbil izzati amma yasifun we salamun alel mursalin wal hamdulillahi rabbi il alemin. Amin (wipe your face with your hands)
:w:

AabiruSabeel
06-28-2009, 04:39 AM
:sl:
I truly mean prayer!

One is turning to the right and the left, one's hands are being on their knees. After finishing that act, one is wiping their face like Dua! is this right?

insha'allah you understand me :(

masalam!!
No, bro. We don't wipe the face after the prayers. It's only after the Dua.

Brasco
06-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Jazakullah kheir brothers! Is there any hadith concerning these two points?

masalam!

AabiruSabeel
06-28-2009, 02:05 PM
:sl:
Jazakullah kheir brothers! Is there any hadith concerning these two points?

masalam!
I haven't come across any hadith mentioning this, nor seen any 'Alim doing this action. If someone else has come across anything regarding this, then please enlighten me too.
There are four rakat Sunnah to be performed before Jumu'ah as well as after Jumu'ah.

Ahadeeth concerning the Sunnah prayers before and after Jumu'ah: Source

كان يصلي قبل الجمعة أربعا وبعدها أربعا
“Ali (radiyallaahu anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) used to perform four rakaats salaah before and after the jummah salaah” ( Al-Awsat of Tabrani / Nasb Al-Rayah, vol 2, pg 206, Ilmiyya /I’laus Al-Sunan, vol 7, pg 13, Idaratul Al-Quran)
The chain of narrators in the above narration is sound. (Tarhut Al-Tathreeb, vol 3, pg 36, Ilmiyya)

عن عبد الله بن عمر رضي الله عنهما أنه كان يصلي قبل الجمعة أربعا ، لا يفصل بينهن بسلام ، ثم بعد الجمعة ركعتين ، ثم أربعا
“Abdullah Bin Umar(radiyallaahu anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) used to perform four rakats of salat before the jummu’ah salat and would not separate them with a salaam; then he would perform two rakats of salat after jummu’ah followed with another four rakats of salat” (Sharh Ma’ani Al-Aathaar, vol 1, pg 233, Haqqaniyya)

The chain of narrators in the above Hadith is sound (Aathaar Al-Sunan, pg 302, Imdadiyya)

عن عبد الله قال كان يصلي قبل الجمعة أربعا
“Abdullah (bin Mas’ood) reports that Rasulullah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) used to perform four rakaats before the jummah salaah” (Musannaf Ibn Abi Shayba, vol 4, pg 114, Al-Majlis al-Ilmi)

عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه ، قال : قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : من كان مصليا ، فليصل قبل الجمعة أربعا ، وبعدها أربعا
“Abu Hurairah (radiyallaahu anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: Whoever intends to perform salat, then he should perform four rakats salat before the jummu’ah salat and four rakats after jummu’ah salat”.(Sharh Mushkil Al-Aathaar,#4108, vol 10, pg 298, Muassasah Al-Risalah)

عن أبي عبد الرحمن السلمي قال : كان عبد الله يأمرنا أن نصلي قبل الجمعة أربعا ، وبعدها أربعا
Abu Abdir Rahman Al-Sulami reports: “Abdullah (bin Mas’ood) used to command us to perform four rakaats salaah before the jummah salat and four rakats salat after the jummah salaah” (Musannaf Abdir Al-Razaaq, vol 3, pg 247, Idaratul Quran)

The chain of narrators in the above Hadith is authentic. (Athaar Al-Sunan, pg 303, Imdaadiyya)

عن صافية ، قالت : رأيت صفية بنت حيي رضي الله عنها ، صلت أربع ركعات قبل خروج الإمام للجمعة ، ثم
صلت الجمعة مع الإمام ركعتين .
Saafiyah (radiyallaahu anha) reports: “I saw Safiyyah Binti Huyay (radiyallaahu anha) performing four rakaats of salaah before the Imaam came out for jummah salat , then she performed two rakaats of jummah salaat with the Imaam” (Nasbur Al-Raayah, vol 2, pg 207, Makkiyya)

عن إبراهيم قال كانوا يصلون قبلها أربعا.
“Ibrahim (Al-Nakha’ee) reports that the Sahaba used to perform four rakaats of salaah before the jummah salaah” (Musannaf Ibn Abi Shaybah, vol 4, pg 114, Al-Majlis al-Ilmi)

عن عبد الله بن مغفل المزنى أن رسول الله - صلى الله عليه وسلم - قال بين كل أذانين صلاة.......
“Abdullah Bin Mughaffal (radiyallaahu anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: Between every two azans (ie: azan and iqamah) there should be salat” (Sahih Al-Bukhari #624)
The above Hadith teaches us that between azan and iqamah, it is encouraged to perform salat. Therefore, to perform salat between the azan of jummu’ah and the iqamah, as long as the Imam is not delivering the khutbah, will be in conformance to Hadith.
It is clear from the above mentioned Ahadith, that sunnah salat before the Khutbah cannot be denied. This was the practice of Rasulullah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) and his Sahaba.

liya
06-28-2009, 02:14 PM
jazakm allahu khairan brothers and sisters i too thought we hav to pray sunnah before jumah !!!

liya
06-28-2009, 02:26 PM
sorry 4 that i meant the oppsite lol

Brasco
06-28-2009, 02:34 PM
May Allah ta'ala reward all of you!! This is what I really was looking for :D Now, I got a proof! In the local Masjid, many cultures come together and they do what they wanna do! So, a few asked me why I did not wipe my face and so on :D

Thank you!!

'Abd-al Latif
06-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Just to clearify what I had meant by the sunnah before Jumu'ah. To pray four sunnah before the Jumu'ah is the opinion of Imam Abu Hanifah but Imam Malik, al-Shafi’i and Ahmad agreed that there is no sunnah to be done at a specific time before Jumu’ah with a specific number of rak'ahs.

w/salam

Brasco
06-28-2009, 02:41 PM
But I can also follow those hadith above without being a Hanafi or anything like that :) I'm not a follower of any Madhab.

maslam!

'Abd-al Latif
06-28-2009, 09:35 PM
There is nothing wrong with following a madhab, but the strongest view amongst them should be established and this should be followed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!