/* */

PDA

View Full Version : As a non-muslim would she go to hell?

Blackpool
06-27-2009, 11:07 PM
Kirsty Ashton has had years of surgery to battle an incurable disease. But instead of feeling sorry for herself, she raised £75,000 to make other children’s wishes come true.

*picture removed*

Like any 18-year-old, Kirsty Ashton is full of dreams for the future. She’s hoping to go to university soon, then to become an actress, a model or a TV presenter.

But Kirsty has already seen more of life and confronted more of its challenges than most of us ever will.

Kirsty needs crutches to walk far. She has been in hospital countless times, undergoing surgery every year since she was 14.

A lot of the time she’s in severe pain and her body bears the scars from operation after operation to remove tumours from her neck, legs, knees, ankles and feet.

She takes a cocktail of drugs every day, has physiotherapy every week and has some learning difficulties.

But Kirsty shows not a trace of self-pity. In fact she finds time to raise thousands of pounds so that other children with serious illnesses, often terminal, can visit special places like Lapland and Center Parcs.

She says: “I just want to do something for other people. Helping others is what makes me happy.”

Kirsty, who lives with her family in Wythenshawe, Manchester, has every reason to be angry at life, but she isn’t.

She was 11 weeks old when she was diagnosed with neurofibromatosis (NF) – a genetic disorder which can cause multiple tumours to grow on nerve endings on or inside the body.

It affects the nervous system and can even lead to an earlier death.

Her mum Julie, 49, explains: “I have NF but less severely than Kirsty. I knew there was a 50-50 chance of passing it on so when my first child Christopher was born, it was a relief that he was clear.

“But as soon as Kirsty was born I noticed brown patches on her skin, which is a symptom, and a small tumour on her back.”

Despite the diagnosis, life went on as normal until Kirsty was eight, when a check-up revealed curvature in her spine and she was diagnosed with scoliosis. Tumours growing on her spine were pushing it to one side.

It was bad news. But Kirsty and her family didn’t give up.

“In fact my brother Chris knew I’d always wanted to go to Lapland,” Kirsty says. “He said I had been so brave that he wrote to When You Wish Upon A Star – a charity that makes dreams come true for children with life-threatening illnesses – and told them about me.

“I had a great day and I met a girl there that I really liked but she passed away not long after we got back. That’s when I realised that without the charity she would never have got to see Lapland in her short life.”

Julie adds: “The trip really moved Kirsty. She went with her dad John and saw children with cancer and terrible conditions.”

Kirsty decided to start helping local charities, selling bric-a-brac and giving the money to charity.

Meanwhile she still had to deal with her own disease.

When she was nine she started wearing a Boston Brace 23 hours a day to help support her back and ease the pain.

A hard “jacket” reaching from the top of the chest to the bottom of the hips, it was hot and uncomfortable. But Kirsty amazed doctors with how quickly she got used to it, and she wore it permanently for the next six years.

“Kirsty had to have major surgery at 14, where the surgeon put titanium rods into her spine to straighten it,” Julie says.

“Removing the tumours was too risky because of the danger of paralysis so the rods were seen as the next best thing. But even the surgery could have paralysed her.”

She spent two weeks flat on her back and three months in hospital – yet still she stuck to her mission to make life easier for other sick children.

In the past three years she has raised an incredible £73,740 for When You Wish Upon A Star. Kirsty explains: “I organised a charity ball which raised £24,801 and a Valentine’s ball which raised £23,000. I did a sponsored spell – because I’m dyslexic and thought it would be a challenge – in my lunch hour and raised £170.”

She’s also sold home-made Christmas cards, organised a rugby tournament and sold more than 800 pin badges.

A total of 94 children have been able to travel to Lapland in the last three years as a result of Kirsty’s fund-raising.

But Kirsty, who has written a book about her struggle with NF and is now looking for a publisher, has no intention of stopping there.

“I want to raise a further £75,000 in the next year to send 30 to 40 families to Center Parcs with children who are too poorly to fly.”

Maria Moseley, the charity’s events manager, says: “Kirsty is an amazing young lady. She is our own fairy godmother – and she’s a fantastic role model to other young people. She helps make magical memories for some courageous children.”

And Kirsty’s own battle goes on. She has endured serious surgery every year for the last four years.

Each time she’s had five tumours removed and has been left with three particularly severe scars on her back.

Her mum says: “Neurofibromatosis can be very cruel and we don’t know whether her life expectancy will be impaired.

“But Kirsty’s a very bright and happy child in spite of all the

challenges she faces.

“She never complains and is always thinking of other poorly children.

“She’s one in a million – I love her more than words can say.”

Kirsty’s wish... to be a model

We treated Kirsty to a day living her dream – to be a model.

Courtesy of the Mirror, the young campaigner was whisked to our photographic studios in London, where a top stylist was waiting to meet her.

She was given a luxury makeover before strutting her stuff in front of the camera – producing a portfolio of shots.

She says: “I loved every minute of the day, it was brilliant from start to finish.

“Having my make-up done, and trying on all of the clothes made me feel like a real model.

“The photos are great and I’m just so pleased I had a chance to do it.”

In recognition of her hard work and dedication, Kirsty was named

a “UK Huggable Hero” in 2008 by Build-A-Bear Workshop. Kirsty has

her own website at www.kirstysstory.co.uk and When You Wish

Upon a Star can be reached at www.whenyouwishuponastar.org.uk

or by calling 0161 477 7277.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/life-style/r...5875-21203662/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamayun
06-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Are you asking us? or God?

No human can answer your question and I am sorry to disappoint you but the chances of Allah swt posting a reply to you are very slim.

The only thing we can do is pray for her and ask Allah to have mercy on her.

Whether she is punished or not is a decision Allah makes... not us!

Peace :)

AabiruSabeel
06-28-2009, 04:52 AM
Has she died? If not, we can pray to Allah to guide her to the Right path.

Actions are judged by intentions. Muslims get the reward, and enter into Jannah, because they do the actions for the sake of Allah SubHanahu waTa'ala alone. If we do some great deed but for the purpose of showing off, then we ourselves will be asked to get it's reward from the one for whose sake we have done the action.

Similarly, non-Muslims perform their actions either for the sake of getting the benefit in this world (which they get sometimes), for fame, to please somebody else other than Allah, or for anything other than Allah SubHanahu waTa'ala, because they don't recognize their Creator. So why would Allah SubHanahu waTa'ala reward them for something they have not done for Him alone?

Hope this explains the reason.

جوري
06-28-2009, 05:37 AM
I really don't understand why someone would pose such a question accompanied with a list of laurelses.. how are we to know who is going where?
God isn't unjust to anyone..
read suret Qaf!

all the best

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
06-28-2009, 05:55 AM
:salamext:

Mash'Allah if she was a muslim she would be getting so many deeds from Allah that we will never be aware of. All we can do is pray for the best for her and when she days may Allah grant her a guided path before her death arrives otherwise it will be sadly to late because Allah will reply "I gave you warnings but you took no heed" what will her/our answer be then,if we have not been proper muslims to our fully capabilities. May Allah reward her and guide her along with all the other non muslims and non believers. Ameen.

:w:

Muezzin
06-28-2009, 02:13 PM
As a non-muslim would she go to hell?
As mere mortals, we cannot say who will go to hell and who will go to heaven.

On account of it not being our mere mortals' decision. :)

Blackpool
06-28-2009, 02:18 PM
The question was rhetorical. I was implying that surely it would be unjust to send someone to hell after helping so many ill children. She started at 13yrs old I think.

format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
Has she died? If not, we can pray to Allah to guide her to the Right path.

Actions are judged by intentions. Muslims get the reward, and enter into Jannah, because they do the actions for the sake of Allah SubHanahu waTa'ala alone. If we do some great deed but for the purpose of showing off, then we ourselves will be asked to get it's reward from the one for whose sake we have done the action.

Similarly, non-Muslims perform their actions either for the sake of getting the benefit in this world (which they get sometimes), for fame, to please somebody else other than Allah, or for anything other than Allah SubHanahu waTa'ala, because they don't recognize their Creator. So why would Allah SubHanahu waTa'ala reward them for something they have not done for Him alone?

Hope this explains the reason.

I'm a non-muslim but I'm a true believer of God...

AntiKarateKid
06-28-2009, 08:19 PM
Actions are judged by their intention.

Moreover, if she gave food to the children just to see them happier. Then she already got her reward. If she was exposed to the true teachings of Islam and knowingly refused, then she probably will be punished for her arrogance against Allah and focus on this world but noone knows except Allah.

She certainly wouldn't be on the level of a Muslim doing the same. A Muslim should not do something because of the returns it gets in this life. They should keep their actions focused towards Allah and the hearafter because that is the only way we can eliminate interfering elements in our morality.

Here is a hadith that summarizes our position.

The first of people against whom judgment will be pronounced on the Day of Resurrection will be a man who died a martyr. He will be brought and Allah will make known to him His favours and he will recognize them. [ The Almighty] will say: And what did you do about them? He will say: I fought for you until I died a martyr. He will say: You have lied - you did but fight that it might be said [of you]: He is courageous. And so it was said. Then he will be ordered to be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hell-fire. [Another] will be a man who has studied [religious] knowledge and has taught it and who used to recite the Quran. He will be brought and Allah will make known to his His favours and he will recognize them. [The Almighty] will say: And what did you do about them? He will say: I studied [religious] knowledge and I taught it and I recited the Quran for Your sake. He will say: You have lied - you did but study [religious] knowledge that it might be said [of you]: He is learned. And you recited the Quran that it might be said [of you]: He is a reciter. And so it was said. Then he will be ordered to be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hell-fire. [Another] will be a man whom Allah had made rich and to whom He had given all kinds of wealth. He will be brought and Allah will make known to his His favours and he will recognize them. [The Almighty] will say: And what did you do about them? He will say: I left no path [untrodden] in which You like money to be spent without spending in it for Your sake. He will say: You have lied - you did but do so that it might be said [of you]: He is open-handed. And so it was said. Then he will be ordered to be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hell-fire.

AntiKarateKid
06-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Moreover, just because a person describes themselves as a "believer in God" doesn't make them equal to a true Muslim.

One is distorting belief in God with their whims. THe other is following the proper way of belief in God with what is revealed by God and the example of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh who was the epitome of morality.

- Qatada -
06-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey Blackpool. If you believe in God, who made the universe for us all to create us, and continuously provides us with different foods, drink, etc. Don't you think its logical that God would send a Messenger, whose a human like us - feeling what we feel, who provides the best guidance for us in ALL aspects of life by the will of God?

So you should know, that if you ask God sincerely to guide you to what He loves, then He will give you more good, whereas if you disobey Him (you are harming yourself and others) - you are displeasing Him and therefore threatened with His punishment.

If you believe in God as your Creator and Provider and Carer, then shouldn't you serve Him and try to please Him more than any other? This is why God does not accept that the Messengers' Jesus, Moses, or Muhammad (peace be upon them) be worshipped, nor an idol or anything which is created. Since it's God alone who provides for us, so we serve Him for His pleasure, and He promises that He will give more good to you in this life and the next.

If you question why there is so much wrong and oppression in the world, then it's because God has given us the freedom of choice to do good or bad. BUT, we will be payed equally for what we did in this life by God on the Day of Judgment, so even if someone does an atoms weight of good, he will see it, and if he does an atoms weight of bad - he will see it. We are responsible for our ownselves in the sight of God, and we should worship Him, if we worship someone other than Him [the creation] - they will be asked to get their reward from them, and the creation won't be able to - since they all depend on God - so they will lose. That's why those who worshipped God alone in this life by obeying His Messengers will be successful and get their reward from Him alone, the same way they depended on Him alone in this life.

If you believe there is truth to this, then i recommend you to check this link out;

http://islamreligion.com

May God guide us all to what He loves, amen.

Peace.

Uthman
06-28-2009, 08:32 PM
Do good people go to hell? - A talk by revert Abdur-Raheem Green

Blackpool
06-28-2009, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
Hey Blackpool. If you believe in God, who made the universe for us all to create us
God. I thank Him from the bottom of my heart.

and continuously provides us with different foods, drink, etc.
God. Again, I thank Him from the bottom of my heart.

Don't you think its logical that God would send a Messenger, whose a human like us - feeling what we feel, who provides the best guidance for us in ALL aspects of life by the will of God?
And that He did. His name goes by the name of Jesus. I come from a Catholic background but I am not Catholic myself. I'm spiritualist. I believe we were given the laws of common sense in what is needed to create stability in this world. I believe that God created this world and tried to teach us stability. Every religion is based on this.
I believe Him to be a Father figure who loves his "Children." We are His Children. Our mortal parents gave birth to us but don't expect us to worship them on a daily basis but to appreciate them for bringing us up. That is how I view God also.

So you should know, that if you ask God sincerely to guide you to what He loves, then He will give you more good, whereas if you disobey Him (you are harming yourself and others) - you are displeasing Him and therefore threatened with His punishment.
I don't disobey God. I have great appreciation for God. I communicate with God as often as I can which I feel is important. If I was shown a religion by God that I must follow then I will follow it but I don't believe there is. In my opinion, if we lead a life without harming others, doing good deeds, no crime but just as a good person then that is enough. I have a very strong belief in spiritualism which is on the border of Christianity.

If you believe in God as your Creator and Provider and Carer, then shouldn't you serve Him and try to please Him more than any other? This is why God does not accept that Jesus, Moses, or Muhammad be worshipped, nor an idol or anything which is created. Since it's God alone who provides for us, so we serve Him for His pleasure, and He promises that He will give more good to you in this life and the next.

I thank Him, I appreciate Him just as our mortal father would like us to.

If you question why there is so much wrong and oppression in the world, then it's because God has given us the freedom of choice to do good or bad.
I have been given the freedom of choice to do good and bad but as any decent person would I have chosen good as that is what I have been taught. The oppression does not come from me nor do I feel that God will just me on the actions of other people.

BUT, we will be payed equally for what we did in this life by God on the Day of Judgment, so even if someone does an atoms weight of good, he will see it, and if he does an atoms weight of bad - he will see it.
I totally agree.

We are responsible for our ownselves in the sight of God, and we should worship Him, if we worship someone other than Him [the creation] - they will be asked to get their reward from them, and the creation won't be able to - since they all depend on God - so they will lose. That's why those who worshipped God alone in this life by obeying His Messengers will be successful and get their reward from Him alone, the same way they depended on Him alone in this life.

If you believe there is truth to this, then i recommend you to check this link out;

http://islamreligion.com

May God guide us all to what He loves, amen.

Peace.
Now this is where my belief differs. I don't believe we are put here to worship anyone. I believe God gave us life. Like our mortal parents, appreciation is expected. Those who misbehave will be punished, as our mortal parents would do to us. My beliefs are that we are put on this earth to live our lives, learn from our mistakes and that this life is a lesson for us before we move on into the next "world."

alcurad
06-28-2009, 09:05 PM
^in Islam, man is put on earth to serve as God's regent, any act of regency is worship.

as to the rhetorical q, I don't think you need the answer, it is rather obvious?

AabiruSabeel
06-28-2009, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
I'm a non-muslim but I'm a true believer of God...
29:61 If indeed thou ask them who has created the heavens and the earth and subjected the sun and the moon (to his Law), they will certainly reply, "(Allah)". How are they then deluded away (from the truth)?

31:25 If thou ask them, who it is that created the heavens and the earth. They will certainly say, "(Allah)". Say: "Praise be to Allah." But most of them understand not.

39:38 If indeed thou ask them who it is that created the heavens and the earth, they would be sure to say, "(Allah)". Say: "See ye then? the things that ye invoke besides Allah,- can they, if Allah wills some Penalty for me, remove His Penalty?- Or if He wills some Grace for me, can they keep back his Grace?" Say: "Sufficient is Allah for me! In Him trust those who put their trust."

43:9 If thou wert to question them, 'Who created the heavens and the earth?' They would be sure to reply, 'they were created by (Him), the Exalted in Power, Full of Knowledge';-

43:87 If thou ask them, who created them, they will certainly say, Allah. How then are they deluded away (from the Truth)?

Many non-Muslims believe in God. Some of them believe in a Supreme Power, or Being, but most of them either associate partners with Him (Shirk) or reject His commands (Kufr). What they fail to realize is that Allah SubHanahu waTa'ala has given them a complete way of life (Deen/Religion) to be followed, and He has sent Prophets and Messengers. They don't practice according to the way choosen by their Creator.

- Qatada -
06-28-2009, 09:26 PM
Hey Blackpool, thanks for the reply :)

We as Muslims believe in Jesus son of Mary, peace be upon him too. But the difference is that we don't believe he's God, because God is One without any partners, without any children.

Think about it, how can we be God's children? If someone is a child, does their parent punish them in hellfire forever if they disbelieve in Him and His Messengers'? No. However, if they are His servants, then He can punish them if they choose to reject Him and His Messengers' [all of them], since they are accusing Him of lyeing.

Its amazing that you do love God, and that you thank Him.. But don't you think that God would send us the best guidance on ALL issues of life so we do know what's wrong and right? Because I can tell you that someone might argue that a sin is loving to God, whereas another will tell you it makes God angry. So how can we decide? God only loves what is right and good, so He conveys that through His Messengers', which includes Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and the final one Muhammad and thousands more which He sent to mankind before (peace be upon them).

I don't disobey God. I have great appreciation for God. I communicate with God as often as I can which I feel is important. If I was shown a religion by God that I must follow then I will follow it but I don't believe there is.
You should ask God to guide you, and us to the truth... He has sent a set truth, because He is merciful to us. He wouldn't leave us to doubt and be confused about what is wrong and right. He would give us clear guidelines so mankind can unite on goodness and prevent evil.

In my opinion, if we lead a life without harming others, doing good deeds, no crime but just as a good person then that is enough. I have a very strong belief in spiritualism which is on the border of Christianity.
Spiritualism requires a form of guidance, and Islam [which means submission to God] is amazing because ALL the Messengers' called to God's submission, including Jesus (peace be upon him), did you know he never called himself christian, and nor did his companions? All of them submitted to God, so they are Muslims (submitters to God.)

I have been given the freedom of choice to do good and bad but as any decent person would I have chosen good as that is what I have been taught. The oppression does not come from me nor do I feel that God will just me on the actions of other people.
This is why in Islam, we don't carry the sin of Adam and Eve (they repented so God forgave them) when we're born [original sin] and Jesus (peace be upon him) does not carry our sins, nor does anyone else carry our good. We carry our own deeds in the sight of God, and will be judged independently.

It seems you have alot of matching beliefs with Islam (submission to God) already...

Now this is where my belief differs. I don't believe we are put here to worship anyone. I believe God gave us life. Like our mortal parents, appreciation is expected. Those who misbehave will be punished, as our mortal parents would do to us. My beliefs are that we are put on this earth to live our lives, learn from our mistakes and that this life is a lesson for us before we move on into the next "world."
Did you know that worship means to get closer to God? So anything which God is happy with you with - that is worship. So being thankful to God is one of the greatest acts of worship, and learning from our mistakes, repenting and mending our ways for God's pleasure is also another form of worship.

Honestly, i'm amazed.. you have alot of beliefs which match Islam.

Maybe this is because God's Messenger, Muhammad (peace be upon him) said that Every person is born in the Natural state [fitrah], and then his parents make him into christians, jews, or zoroastrians (or whatever other religion they are). Because the real nature of mankind is Islam (which the heart and logic agree to).

Obviously, why would God send a religion and guidance which contradicts the way He made them? lol.

If you have any questions, please do ask.

You made my day, thanks! :)

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 07:01 AM
:sl:
You stated she was a non muslim,this thread has the answer so insh'Allah take a look: http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...s-go-hell.html

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.