/* */

PDA

View Full Version : my father.

catalzzy
06-28-2009, 11:20 AM
:sl: all.

Hey, i need advise on my family.

You know, whenever i talk to my father, he does not believe me that i have been learning about islam and he still thinks i am stupid because i cant learn and stuff. I really get annoyed and i tried to tell him things from the qur'an and he is like yea yea yea.

when will my father able to be aware of me learning about islam?

:(

thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tony
06-28-2009, 12:01 PM
When he sees you are steadfast in namaz, fasting and reading Qur'an. When he sees you are leading by example and you have proved its for real. He will become proud of you for it just have patience and Allah will reward you brother:)

catalzzy
06-28-2009, 12:35 PM
well, er. scary. i mean, i cant pray infront of my dad ha. kinda embrassing. lol

catalzzy
06-28-2009, 08:34 PM
and even worse. i m deaf. lol. he still thinks i m retarded. haha.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tony
06-28-2009, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Catalzzy
and even worse. i m deaf. lol. he still thinks i m retarded. haha.
lol, u dont pray infront of him until you are teaching him how to do it inshaAllah. let us know how it progresses. dont worry about him thinking your retarded when u get to Ramadan he will probably think your totally bonkers lol:D

Uthman
06-28-2009, 08:55 PM
:sl:

The best advice I can give you, my brother, is to make Du'a to Allah subhaanahu wa ta'aala about it. Although simple, I think this solution is too often neglected. Instead, we seek more complicated solutions to our problems when Allah subhaanahu wa ta'aala says clearly in the Qur'an:

وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

And your Lord says: "Call on Me; I will answer your Prayer
..."

~ (Surah Ghafir:60)

:w:

alcurad
06-28-2009, 09:08 PM
be steadfast, and never give up :)

catalzzy
06-28-2009, 10:32 PM
mashallah. hm, u guys r givin me a bump in confidence, but i dont know why hes still ignoring me. hes more into my other young bro who is way way worse than me like, clubbing, drinking etc. and looks like he picks the hearing one as he judges the deaf to be inferior to hearing. I dont think he has known about equality. hm. they seem to be blaming over my stupidity on just being "deaf".. arrrrghh.. *chill*

glo
06-29-2009, 06:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Catalzzy
well, er. scary. i mean, i cant pray infront of my dad ha. kinda embrassing. lol
Can't you pray together, either at home or at the masjid?

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 06:39 AM

Praying with more people is more good deeds then praying alone. If you as a son feel embarrassed how do you think the imams felt leading prayer for the first time in their life? You should stay patient and pray to Allah that your Fathers eyes open and see your heart and intention. What matters is that Allah is seeing and watching your actions/intentions and what your heart contains. If you pray only to show your father that will not be accepted in the eyes of Allah,pray only for Allah and only care what Allah thinks,you should only fear him no one/anything else. The Shytaan will tempt you to ditach you from your family and Allah but thats a hardship everyone goes through at some point in their lives.

catalzzy
06-29-2009, 12:02 PM
The Shytaan will tempt you to ditach you from your family and Allah but thats a hardship everyone goes through at some point in their lives.
O_O...... really? i thought it was just my father's will?

If you as a son feel embarrassed how do you think the imams felt leading prayer for the first time in their life?
hmmm. good point. but, i v been tellin him to pray and hes like, "i m too old and i v prayed since 7 years old" and i m like what are you on about?.....

Inshallah, May Allah bless you all. :D

Bub
06-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Salam you should prove him wrong- Allah created you, you should prayer infront of ur dad... u shouldnt hide ur feeling. Ur dad will come around soon, take time, bro! InshaAllah!

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 02:03 PM

If you fathers has been praying since he was 7,then why stop now?

catalzzy
06-29-2009, 02:46 PM

If you fathers has been praying since he was 7,then why stop now?
exactly, his excuse is " i am too old"

I am trying to encourage him to pray and yet he still cant be bothered. hmm.

:exhausted

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 03:15 PM

We have a senior Admin here called Woodrow he is mashAllah a proper muslim and is older than your Father,yet he still denies to pray because of his age? You should keep encouraging him and pray that insh'Allah he will redeem his guided path.

catalzzy
06-29-2009, 03:25 PM

You should keep encouraging him and pray that insh'Allah he will redeem his guided path.
it is a must do in my list.

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 03:30 PM

Does your mother or anyone else in your family pray?

Taking that information in consideration I can tell who if the bad influence insh'Allah.

catalzzy
06-29-2009, 04:04 PM
:s:

my mother. inshallah, she is pious and beautiful.

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 04:07 PM

Alhumdulilah praise Allah for that brother. Ask her to try to convince your father too,maybe you could lead the prayer in your house with your mother behind you so your father gets some influence? Give him motivation. Search up stories on converts 55+ if needed I can assist you in almost anyway you want me too insh'Allah.

catalzzy
06-29-2009, 04:44 PM

Alhumduililah,

Thank you bro.

I never tried that, but inshallah i ill try to have my courage to do that.

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 04:50 PM

Earlier like I said on this threads first page,its your mother brother not hafiz behind you correcting you in everyway though if you do make a mistake accidentely it is better to feel embarrassed and clarify doubts rather then live in misbelief. May Allahs blessings be upon all of us. Ameen

catalzzy
06-30-2009, 01:02 AM

yeah, everyone makes mistakes, they tend to be corrected by anyone. :)

Alhumdiliah.

'Abd-al Hakim
06-30-2009, 01:20 AM

Not everyone but any muslim:).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.