PDA

View Full Version : West vs Islam



Blackpool
06-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Many of you believe that the West is out to deliberately target Muslim countries and muslims themselves. In doing so, they use their propoganda to get inside the minds of the Western people to create divisions. An example of this was the build up to the war in Iraq.

If you believe that they are out to target muslim countries and muslims what would be the reason for this? What would the West hope to gain? I'm a Sun newspaper reader and I notice some of this. Sometimes it does pull you in. But what is the objective?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zafran
06-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Most of its about oil - Isreal - militery bases - the west supporting tyrants and invading countries or overthrowing governments whenever they feel like it for there own political and economic gain.

The problem is that the muslims are sitting on top of the oil - But if you going to try to take the oil through any means(militery or any other way) - then they have to expect a fight.

Its realy that simple

maybe the western governments are also scared of competition from a solid political system developing in the mid east that may challenge the western governments as they want everybody to think like the west - but so far its about power and oil.

Ps- By the west I mean specifically USA, France and UK and there imperial ventures by the governments.
Reply

paradise88
06-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Its when innocent people get killed is the problem, its when muslims are called terrorists is the problem. Why blow up a whole country over something? When people attack then defend, why go there and kill innocent people? Muslim people are fed up of being targets and accused of being killers.

Muslims dont feel threatened by the west. Most muslims have become all westernised. The issues arise when fingers are pointed for no reason. If a Christian man murders someone the headlines will say 'Man killed blah blah' when it is someone of a muslim background its always 'Muslim man killed a innocent blah blah'. No wonder muslims feel targetted
Reply

Whatsthepoint
06-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by paradise786
Its when innocent people get killed is the problem, its when muslims are called terrorists is the problem. Why blow up a whole country over something? When people attack then defend, why go there and kill innocent people? Muslim people are fed up of being targets and accused of being killers.

Muslims dont feel threatened by the west. Most muslims have become all westernised. The issues arise when fingers are pointed for no reason. If a Christian man murders someone the headlines will say 'Man killed blah blah' when it is someone of a muslim background its always 'Muslim man killed a innocent blah blah'. No wonder muslims feel targetted
That's not true.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
paradise88
06-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Watch the news
Reply

AntiKarateKid
06-28-2009, 06:18 PM
I once heard an opinion that after fall of Communism, the West shifted to something else it viewed as a threat, Islam. Islam comes into conflict with some of the prevailing notions in the West such as separation of CHurch and state and is a much more tenured force in the world than Communism ever was.

But other than that... the wars on Iraq and Afghanistan are killing Muslims while the aims of the countries perpetrating the wars are just in their self interest. So... I guess thats why we don't like it.
Reply

Whatsthepoint
06-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by paradise786
Watch the news
Give me an example of the news you describe.
Reply

paradise88
06-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Watch the big question on bbc
Reply

Whatsthepoint
06-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by paradise786
Watch the big question on bbc
Of course I won't, please back up your claims some other way.
Reply

GuestFellow
06-28-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
That's not true.
How is that not true? Please back up your claims. What has lead you to this assumption?
Reply

Zafran
06-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Of course I won't, please back up your claims some other way.
The Daily Mail/The sun - well known papers.

There was also a study done that anti muslim reports were more in the news then any other religion. I'll try to find that if I can.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2005...ng.raceintheuk

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4325225.stm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...pe-859978.html


On and on on.
Reply

Whatsthepoint
06-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Guestfellow
How is that not true? Please back up your claims. What has lead you to this assumption?
I've never seen news claiming this Muslim (or any other religion or worldview) man comitted a crime unconnected with Islam.
Reply

Zafran
06-28-2009, 06:52 PM
heres another good one

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4031927.stm

as you can see the media bias against Muslims is well documented by the media itself - a pity they are not doing anything about it.
Reply

Whatsthepoint
06-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Zafran
heres another good one

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4031927.stm

as you can see the media bias against Muslims is well documented by the media itself - a pity they are not doing anything about it.
that's wrong but its' not what she said.
Give me an article where the religion s mentioned where it doesn't play a crucial role in the crime itslef.
Reply

AnonymousPoster
06-28-2009, 07:28 PM
LET US EVALUATE HOW MEDIA PORTRAYS ........

Muslims are Fundamentalist, Extremist and Terrorist!
What do you think…?
Let's read some news…

Killing own children and wife

!











So what do NON-Muslims Do???















































This is media depiction of events.
They never write Christian/Jews/ Buddhist/Hindus/ Atheist/Parsis etc... killed his daughter/son etc…
Only they write and mention if he is Muslim.
This make you think of Muslim an Extremist and Fundamentalist.
Let's find some more crimes…

Incest Crimes

By Muslims




By Non-Muslim














Hmm….Now
What about Terrorism….following are muslims















Then who the following are???















These are NON-Muslims.

Are NOT they Terrorist??? ????????



Killer always belongs to some religion or faith. Only mention when he is Muslim.

One might say…
But Muslims are suicide bombers ….they are real terrorist

Let's have a look at the following…















Above are Muslim
Then who are the following??? ?






















These are Hindus and Bhudhist…

Policy recurs by the media…

See some Statics

CHICAGO PROJECT ON SUICIDE TERRORISM





79% are Communist and Christians suicide bombers.
21% Islamist.








Both Charts show that secular suicide bombers are more than religious.




Here's another view.



Tamil has no comparison, 100% SECULAR

PKK 100% SECULAR.

Lebanese 71% SECULAR;
29% (Relegious) Not only Muslims but also Christians.

Palestine about 60% RELEGIOUS (SURELY MUSLIMS)
AlQaeda 100% Religious (Off course Muslims)




BUT WHY MORE MUSLIMS IN PALESTINE ARE SUICIDE BOMBER?????? ????????? ?????????

LET'S SEE
IS THIS BECAUSE THEY ARE IN STATE OF WAR AGAINST ISRAEL ?????



Hmmmm….. YES, I SEE TERRORIST HERE…..




































If these are terrorist then who is terrorizing them?








I see terrorist, do you?


THESE ARE PALESTINIANS WITH IN PALESTINE (HOME).
CAN YOU BLAST A TANK WITH A SMALL STONE?
THEY CAN'T;
THEY NEED A BOMBER JACKET TO SAVE THEIR CHILDREN.


See brutal statics of Palestinians fatalities…










WHAT WILL YOU DO IF THIS ALL HAPPENS TO YOU?

One might say…
they can call USA for help instead of suicide attacks or stoning tanks.

HERE IS USA ROLL IN THIS WAR…





LET US EVALUATE HOW MEDIA PORTRAYS MUSLIMS as Terrorists, Fundumentalits, Extremists etc...

ALL FRIENDS ARE KINDLY REQUESTED TO FORWARD THIS MESSEGE TO AS MUCH AS YOU CAN INORDER TO LET PEOPLE KNOW THAT WHO ARE THE REAL TERRIORSTS.
Reply

- Qatada -
06-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
I once heard an opinion that after fall of Communism, the West shifted to something else it viewed as a threat, Islam. Islam comes into conflict with some of the prevailing notions in the West such as separation of CHurch and state and is a much more tenured force in the world than Communism ever was.

But other than that... the wars on Iraq and Afghanistan are killing Muslims while the aims of the countries perpetrating the wars are just in their self interest. So... I guess thats why we don't like it.
:salamext:


Try to look up on modernism and the progressives, spearheads (aided by Europe, USA etc i.e. the Quilliam organisation etc) against the Islam which was revealed to Prophet Muhammad.

And yes, it's because of what you said.
Reply

paradise88
06-28-2009, 10:15 PM
Thank You Zafran and Guest.. Im not saying its linked with islam. Why mention the religion of the criminal when theyre muslim?
Reply

Blackpool
06-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by paradise786
Thank You Zafran and Guest.. Im not saying its linked with islam. Why mention the religion of the criminal when theyre muslim?
Sometimes it's because it has occurred due to someone's religious belief whereas the other is committed for no reason at all. There is a problem in regard to honour in some Muslim families where some feel it is their duty to kill if betrayed.
Reply

Whatsthepoint
06-28-2009, 10:23 PM
The point is that religion is only mentioned when it played a significant role in the crime. If a father murders his child because he or she imitated the kuffar it is clearly Islam had something to do eith the crime, if a Tamil bombs himself in order for the Tamil Army to prevail his beliefs again play a role in the crime so it gets mentioned. If a mother has sex with her son on no religious or ieological ground the latter are not mentioned, simple. Same goes for everything mentioned in the long post above.
Reply

- Qatada -
06-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by Blackpool
Sometimes it's because it has occurred due to someone's religious belief whereas the other is committed for no reason at all. There is a problem in regard to honour in some Muslim families where some feel it is their duty to kill if betrayed.

I agree that some people may kill others due to 'honour killings', but the acts that they do are not islamic acts. They're usually cultural acts which have no place in Islam.


Read this for more info;

Honor Killing from an Islamic Perspective
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503543392


Peace
Reply

GuestFellow
06-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by paradise786
Thank You Zafran and Guest.. Im not saying its linked with islam. Why mention the religion of the criminal when theyre muslim?
Its simple. The news gets more viewers. Indirectly it reinforces what some people already think of Muslims.

If a Catholic Christian, killed someone, I highly doubt they will call him, ''Catholic murderer,'' or something along those lines.

Muslim and the word terrorist, are not even meant to go with each other. Honestly I'm sick of being categorised with those criminals.

Is it so much to ask, not to label us as ''Muslim terrorist.''
Reply

Blackpool
06-28-2009, 11:07 PM
Ok so the political gains of creating propoganda against other countries are for oil. What is it for those muslims that are born/live in the West that are "victimised?" Why the need to create divisions in our own region?
Reply

- Qatada -
06-28-2009, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by Blackpool
Ok so the political gains of creating propoganda against other countries are for oil. What is it for those muslims that are born/live in the West that are "victimised?" Why the need to create divisions in our own region?

I just want to give you a glimpse of how Muslims in the west have to live.


You wake up, recite some Qur'an, and might switch on the TV. News headlines;
Islamist Terrorists in Iraq.

Islamic Extremists in Afghanistan.

Islamists in Palestine.

Extremists in the UK.
Did you know that most Muslims are innocently living their lives, but its the Muslims who get the most abuse in the streets, simply because the masses blindly accept what the media tells them. Iraq was attacked for 'Weapons of Mass Destruction', but after a few years - we found out there were none. Afghanistan was invaded, for what? Palestine was taken from innocent Muslims, and given to the Jews because of the Holocaust which the Germans did! (why did the Palestinians have to pay for what the Germans did? Yet still we don't see anyone supporting the innocent ones.)


The countries i mentioned above, they were attacked first by those against Islam (even in the UK, muslims were being discriminated for a long time before any attacks happened - which were against Islam by the way, since killing innocents is forbidden in Islam).



But i just wanted to give you a brief glimpse of how Muslims are victimised, and how we're not the ones who are doing evil, but we're portrayed as the guilty ones.

It's only through people like you who are open minded that we can explain to what Islam really is.. And know that God will provide ease after hardship to the believers, He is only testing us now - to see those who are sincere to Him.


That's why He tells us;

“So do not weaken and do not grieve, and you will be superior if you are [true] believers.” [Quran 3: 139]
That's a promise from Him, the Most Merciful to us - and He never fails in His Promises.



Peace.
Reply

Muslim Woman
06-29-2009, 12:54 AM
Salaam/Peace

Originally Posted by Blackpool
Many of you believe that the West is out to deliberately target Muslim countries ...

Do Not Click it! It's About Islamophobia
Cartoon by Carlos Latuff

"Sometimes what some people refer to as freedom of speech is clear hatred against race or religion. Depicting Muhammad with a bomb in the head seems more a slur against Islam than real freedom of speech.

The West has double standards on freedom of speech," said Latuff in a Live Dialogue with IslamOnline.net.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...re%2FACELayout
Reply

paradise88
06-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Thank you anonymousgender!!!! Jeez
Reply

Asiyah3
07-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
That's not true.

Yes that is very true. I live in Europe in Finland and that's the way it is here. I've seen articles where the culprit has been born as a muslim "muslim did that and that". But when non-muslims do something "A man did that and that"
Reply

rpwelton
07-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Blackpool
Many of you believe that the West is out to deliberately target Muslim countries and muslims themselves. In doing so, they use their propoganda to get inside the minds of the Western people to create divisions. An example of this was the build up to the war in Iraq.

If you believe that they are out to target muslim countries and muslims what would be the reason for this? What would the West hope to gain? I'm a Sun newspaper reader and I notice some of this. Sometimes it does pull you in. But what is the objective?
I do not believe the West is out to crush Islam entirely; they know it's impossible to completely eliminate it. What it hopes to do is neutralize it, essentially making it a secular religion like Christianity. In the past, Christianity used to have many laws that are similar to Islam, such as forbidding the taking of interest. However, over time the Church wiped those laws off the books. I think Western powers are hoping Islamic clerics will do the same. The joke's on them though: in 1400 years this religion has not changed and insha'Allah it never will.

The main reason is because Islam as it is supposed to be practiced is a complete system and way of life, which in many ways goes against the Western way of life.

Take just one aspect: commandment of not taking interest. An interest-free economy is such a huge threat to the Western world. In my opinion, keeping this at bay is even bigger than the need for oil.

And there are many aspects of Sharia that the West is of course against, such as the fact that the law does not come from the people, but rather from God.

By all means I'm not against living in the West, as it provides many things you can't get in other countries. And ironically, we have more freedom to practice here than in many Muslim countries. But that might change if the Muslim population grows to a sizable portion of the total population.

Although I'd love the opportunity to live in a Muslim country provided I can support a family there and the environment for the deen is good.
Reply

Jon Paul
07-16-2009, 06:04 PM
I believe that the West vs. Islam is a misunderstanding. I do not believe some Muslims realise this, but the war being fought today is the West vs religion.

Now, when I speak of the West, I speak of the modern misconception of what the West is. Or rather than speak of a misconception, I speak of a warping. I believe the original West is Western Europe, and it is a spiritual bond between the Western European Catholic peoples. The Reformation was the first perversion in this spirit. It went downhill from there. Capitalism, British Imperialism and Colonialism all effected this true spiritual unity. Now the concept of the West is everything we, as religious men and women, must hate.

Materialist, secularist, Zionist, and modernist. This is merely a short list.

Now, the West hates religion. Why? Because we are dynamically opposed to everything the West supports. I will get it out of the way here and now - we both believe each other to be wrong, we both believe that we have the full Truth as revealed by God. But that makes no difference in this struggle. We believe in the spiritual advancement of humanity, the West believes in material gain as a key to happines, an artificial happiness. Happiness based on greed and evil that falls through on its self.

We both believe that the moral code and laws of God must guide society, and society must be protected from its self. The West believes that man is the ultimate authority. They hate us because we answer to a higher authority. An authority so great, that these puppets in London, Paris and Washington quake in their sleep at the mere thought of Him.

We both believe in the universality of the Truth. We both believe that God loves and cares for all man. The West believes in this sense of Choosenism that they inherited from Zionist policy and Talmudic Judaism. British Israelism is a shinning example of non-Judaic Zionism in the West.

We both keep to our traditions and heritage in the face of a world that demands we conform ourselves to "the times". The audacity of a fat cat in New York telling us that God must conform to him and his life style, to "the times". The Catholic Church is in a crisis because of modernism. Heresies have entered the Church, our traditions have been ripped from us. Men cower and deny their faith! They are afraid and ashamed to be Catholic! The Church no longer speaks out on issues which they deem to be delicate! Bishops are silenced because they have different views on historical matters such as the Holocaust! Not even a matter of Church Doctrine! The Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI is surrounded by wolves, he begs we pray for him! He cannot speak out against Israelite autrocities against Christians and Muslims in the Holy Land! For fear of America and Israel and Britain!

I realise I have been ranting, but my point is that we must work together against this threat. Muslims must realise you are not alone against your war against the West.

P.S I consider Communist to be just another agent of the West. Capitalism vs. Communism is a false dichotomy!

P.P.S This was a heavy rant. I am passionate about this subject. Just ask me any questions if you wish clarification!

Regards,
JP.
Reply

rpwelton
07-16-2009, 06:12 PM
^^

Jon, I agree with you. However, I believe the West is very complacent about modern day Christianity and Judaism, because they effectively separate Church and State, thus they are not being pursued. Islam does not do this. I'm not as familiar with Catholicism, although I do know it has a formalized structure much different from Protestantism, and in its heydey used to be a viable political power. However, the Catholic Church has done away with many laws and traditions, as you say.

If there were other religions like Islam out there, I think the West would also be targeting them. However, Islam as a system stands out from the other religions of the world.
Reply

Jon Paul
07-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by rpwelton
Jon, I agree with you. However, I believe the West is very complacent about modern day Christianity and Judaism, because they effectively separate Church and State, thus they are not being pursued. Islam does not do this.
Ah my friend. We are being pursued. Like you mention below, the Church once was a state and political power. The West appears complacent with Christians and Judaism because the West have completed "Stage 1". The state of religion in the West is what they are trying to do to Islam currently. We are in "Stage 2". We are being slowly and ever less-so-subtly being crushed.

Islam is in the more visual aspect of the assault.

I'm not as familiar with Catholicism, although I do know it has a formalized structure much different from Protestantism, and in its heydey used to be a viable political power. However, the Catholic Church has done away with many laws and traditions, as you say.
The Golden Days :(.

Certainly there is a drastic difference amongst many Protestant sects and the Church regarding organisation and structure, Lutherans and Anglicans maintain a somewhat Catholic structure.

If there were other religions like Islam out there, I think the West would also be targeting them. However, Islam as a system stands out from the other religions of the world.
Always remember, Islam was not always alone in this. Look at what has been done to religion in the West. That is the future you must fight against, and we in the West must try and over turn.

Regards,
JP.
Reply

paradise88
07-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Its just frustrating when people bully muslims and call them terrorists, I've been abused cos i wear a hijab. Cos of media people think it is in our religion to kill when its not. Its like killing the whole mankind when u kill an innocent person.

Then again the medias false messages has led to so many people non muslims converting to islam because they start researching the religion cos they think were terrorists, when they realise how beautiful islam is then the misunderstanding goes..

There is a division in terms of people who assume evil things are related to our religion when the acts people do are against islam
Reply

Jon Paul
07-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by paradise786
I've been abused cos i wear a hijab.
This is a result of the feminst movement in the West. Islam is not the only religion wit a tradition of women covering their heads. I have posted in another thread, an article on Catholic women and head coverings.

The chapel-veil was still required up until the 60s, when it was doen away with during the Vatican II Council and the hijacking of Council Documents. Amongst us Catholics, we call this revolt against tradition the spirit of Vatican II. The spirit of Vatican II was influenced by a generation of liberalism and feminism. It forever tainted the Church. I believe when women lost the veil, they lost all sense of modesty.

I am a Catholic, but it makes me smile when I see Islamic women keep to the tennets of their faith, and maintain a modest lifestyle and dress.

Regards,
JP.
Reply

Amadeus85
07-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Jon Paul

I realise I have been ranting, but my point is that we must work together against this threat. Muslims must realise you are not alone against your war against the West.


JP.
Although that I agree with many things that You said, but before starting crusade against "West" remember that current paper constitutions are worth no more than simple piece of paper, God gave european countries missions to complete (the mission of Spanish was to christianize Latin America, the mission of Poles was to christianize East Europe, the mission of France was to be first to face the devil hiding behind 1789 Revolution). So its better to repair whats broken, rather than destroy it all and start creating again. A true conservative catholic serves his country even if it's secular (unless its waging war against religion like spanish "republicans" did in 1936).
Reply

Jon Paul
07-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Amadeus85
Although that I agree with many things that You said, but before starting crusade against "West" remember that current paper constitutions are worth no more than simple piece of paper
I understand this.

God gave european countries missions to complete (the mission of Spanish was to christianize Latin America, the mission of Poles was to christianize East Europe, the mission of France was to be first to face the devil hiding behind 1789 Revolution).

I also understand and agree with you here. I see it more God bringing a great good from an evil. You can see the reflection of the Crucifixion here. Death is not natural and is an evil in of its self. However, Christ, in rising from the dead, brought a good from the event of His death.

Much like Colonialism and the introduction of the Christian Faith to the ignorant.

So its better to repair whats broken, rather than destroy it all and start creating again.
I completely agree with you. We cannot deny what is happening today and what has happened in the past. We must move forward. but to move forward I believe we must go back a bit. Mr Chesterton spoke immaculately when he said The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected..

A true conservative catholic serves his country even if it's secular (unless its waging war against religion like spanish "republicans" did in 1936).
I consider my self an orthodox Catholic. However you are right that it is a Catholic duty to his country even if it is plauged by secularism. But as in the aforementioned case of a war against the Church—I am proud of the Irishmen who fought and died for the Church in Spain against the Red Terror—we must oppose the state. In doing so, we serve our nation.

Regards,
JP.
Reply

_PakistaN_
07-18-2009, 05:37 AM
yupp. Normal Americans have neutral minds. You can either fill them with hate or love. In this case its hate against muslims.
Reply

Zammouka_Saadeh
07-20-2009, 03:00 AM
I don't exactly believe that the west is against Islam. I think it is just imperialism. When the UK began taking lands away from India, did it mean that they were against Hinduism. NO. What is happening is that larger countries are occupying smaller and weaker ones for the sake of economic benefit. If the west was against Islam, they would try to take over Indonesia, seeing as they have the largest concentration of Muslims on the face of the earth. This is propaganda.
Reply

جوري
07-20-2009, 05:34 AM
God gave no rights to Christians to Christianize as per above.. Christianity was meant for the lost sheep of Israel .. actually Europe was better off worshiping Odin then Jesus ..
but to answer the big Q of the thread.. the west simply can't have another Muslim empire, so they dismantle from within and without.. but it won't really matter on the long run.. for in spite of corrupt govt. and lewd individuals with self-gain.. the well of the true Muslims and the promise of Allah swt shall come to pass insha'Allah!
Reply

Amadeus85
07-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
God gave no rights to Christians to Christianize as per above.. Christianity was meant for the lost sheep of Israel .. actually Europe was better off worshiping Odin then Jesus ..
but to answer the big Q of the thread.. the west simply can't have another Muslim empire, so they dismantle from within and without.. but it won't really matter on the long run.. for in spite of corrupt govt. and lewd individuals with self-gain.. the well of the true Muslims and the promise of Allah swt shall come to pass insha'Allah!
"When the european takes off the christian tunic and classic(greeko-roman) toga there will be nothing but a barbarian with a pale face."
NICOLAS GOMEZ DAVILA
Reply

Clover
07-20-2009, 10:18 PM
I do believe the West stereotypes Islam. I also think non-Western people stereotype the West too. It's not completely one sided. Have to look past it, and not care what others think, and be yourself.
Reply

GuestFellow
07-20-2009, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Clover
I do believe the West stereotypes Islam. I also think non-Western people stereotype the West too. It's not completely one sided. Have to look past it, and not care what others think, and be yourself.
Your right. I see EU countries sterotype America for being dumb. I see English people sterotype Irish and Welsh people too. America sterotypes British people for drinking too much tea and having bad teeth. Though I am not sure how seriously those sterotypes are taken...I know some people sterotype Australians for being racist so yes I guess some sterotypes do have an impact.
Reply

jerryleeevans
07-21-2009, 07:27 AM
The problem is not the West vs Islam, but rather ignorance vs education. We Americans are programmed to believe everything the media tells us, and are too lazy to actually educate ourselves on what's actually happening. Also, we Muslims are to blame as well as we allow these extremists to continue grabbing the headlines and causing our religion to be associated with murder and terrorism.
Reply

Clover
07-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Well, here are some steroetypes I have been given:

1. Your from the south. Automatically, your IQ is lower then your shoe size.
2. Your white, you obviously hate blacks.
3. You own a confederate flag, you obviously believe slavery.

1. Sorry, it's not that low, its a little higher ;).
2. Nope, the girl I love and want to marry is black.
3. No, I support Southern Independence, but it's a dead cause, and I'd rather live my life then wait to die holding that flag I used to put so much faith into.

~Edit~ Here are some more, have more time then I thought:

4. You like pop music, your obviously homosexual.
5. You live on a farm, you obviously don't know anything about education.
6. Your white, you believe your superior to everyone else.
7. Your white, southern, and a farmer, you obviously are inbred.

4. Nope, I only like guys to fight, and workout with. Other then that, women are preferred.
5. Sorry, but 11 years in the education system might just show me something about Education.
6. Nope, I know I am better at some things then others, but I also know they are better at me at other things. That is part of life.
7. Hardly, no one in the family has ever in-bred, so far that the archives show, and if they did, they'd probably be ex-communicated.
Reply

jerryleeevans
07-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Clover
Well, here are some steroetypes I have been given:
1. Your from the south. Automatically, your IQ is lower then your shoe size.

I was born in Boston, but grew up between Alabama and Texas. Went back to Boston to live for a couple of years before I joined the military, and was treated respectfully but joked on because of where I lived.

When I converted to Islam, allot of people were shocked and surprised. Blonde hair, blue eyed white boy converting to Islam; my Muslim friends were stoked about it. My wife, who is Japanese and a Christians, was shocked. As was the rest of my family. They are scared now I'm going to become a terrorist because of what the media and government puts out about Islam.
Reply

Blackpool
07-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by jerryleeevans
I was born in Boston, but grew up between Alabama and Texas. Went back to Boston to live for a couple of years before I joined the military, and was treated respectfully but joked on because of where I lived.

When I converted to Islam, allot of people were shocked and surprised. Blonde hair, blue eyed white boy converting to Islam; my Muslim friends were stoked about it. My wife, who is Japanese and a Christians, was shocked. As was the rest of my family. They are scared now I'm going to become a terrorist because of what the media and government puts out about Islam.
No offence or owt but that sounds very comical ;D
By the way, I thought it was haram to have a Christian wife?
Reply

جوري
07-22-2009, 01:56 PM
^^ I don't think anyone else is finding this funny!
Reply

Foxhole
07-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by jerryleeevans
I was born in Boston, but grew up between Alabama and Texas. Went back to Boston to live for a couple of years before I joined the military, and was treated respectfully but joked on because of where I lived.

When I converted to Islam, allot of people were shocked and surprised. Blonde hair, blue eyed white boy converting to Islam; my Muslim friends were stoked about it. My wife, who is Japanese and a Christians, was shocked. As was the rest of my family. They are scared now I'm going to become a terrorist because of what the media and government puts out about Islam.
MY only question to an American convert to Islam is, do you still believe in the US Constitution and the principles it embodies (democracy, the equality of all citizens before the law, secular governance, etc.). If so, I have no problem.

Or, do you think, "once there are enough Muslims in the US we will have Sharia law." In which case, we are enemies.
Reply

Clover
07-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by jerryleeevans
I was born in Boston, but grew up between Alabama and Texas. Went back to Boston to live for a couple of years before I joined the military, and was treated respectfully but joked on because of where I lived.

When I converted to Islam, allot of people were shocked and surprised. Blonde hair, blue eyed white boy converting to Islam; my Muslim friends were stoked about it. My wife, who is Japanese and a Christians, was shocked. As was the rest of my family. They are scared now I'm going to become a terrorist because of what the media and government puts out about Islam.
I was born 25 miles away from here, and have lived here ever since I was born, and I get a lot of the stereotypes.

Ya, I had a lot of bad looks when people heard I was one of dem dere Satan Worshippers.

Yes, that is how they said I believed. I love it when people know more about your beliefs then you do.
Reply

jerryleeevans
07-23-2009, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by Foxhole
MY only question to an American convert to Islam is, do you still believe in the US Constitution and the principles it embodies (democracy, the equality of all citizens before the law, secular governance, etc.). If so, I have no problem.

Or, do you think, "once there are enough Muslims in the US we will have Sharia law." In which case, we are enemies.
I'm not of a mindset to have enough Muslims in order to take over the US government and institute our own brand of rule. Most Muslims I know are not like that either.
Reply

jerryleeevans
07-23-2009, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by Blackpool
No offence or owt but that sounds very comical ;D
By the way, I thought it was haram to have a Christian wife?

I know quite a few Muslim men who have Christian wives and vice versa.
Reply

Detritavore
07-23-2009, 07:41 AM
The west??

That is pretty vague and could read offensively too. I believe certain individuals, organizations and regimes are out to get Islam (as you put it).

Why?

The history behind the answer is rich, not to mention extensive too. I couldn't possibly get it all down (and that's just what I know, which isn't much). But such animosities have been around as long as Islam it self (crusades anyone?).

Oil is merely a scapegoat answer by the way, I'll tell you that much.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-24-2010, 10:30 PM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 02:24 PM
  3. Replies: 170
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 11:55 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 08:07 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-08-2006, 05:02 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!