/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Programmers and Network admins

mohsen1985
06-28-2009, 05:17 PM
:sl:

I'm a software engineer, but most my programs have been algorithmic rather than end-user applications. I'd like to gain more experience in application development. I'm fluent in C/C++, know some C#.NET and Java. I'm looking for a complete reference/book on C#.NET. A book which explains all the libraries, provides examples and shows the methods used by professionals. I don't want to limit myself to simple applications, I'm interested in learning network programming in C#.NET to the point where I can write my own network tools.

Another area that I'm interested in is database driven programs. I already know TSQL at an intermediate level, and I know the stuff about connecting to a database with C#.NET, I've even written a database driven program for my final B.S project, but I don't want to be just an ordinary programmer in that area, I want to become a pro!

The next thing I'm very interested in is networks. I pretty much know the basics of networks. I already know everything about TCP/IP, hardware, routing, etc. Back when I was 16 I used to hack people easily so I have some info in network security too, but that was 8 years ago, and I haven't followed up on those stuff since then. I don't mind re-reading everything from scratch again. I want to be a network genius.

If anyone has any suggestions on books or tutorials on the areas I'm interested in, or has any info that can help me, I'd really appreciate it if you post a message here or message me in private.

I'd prefer a good book (simple words with lots of pictures). I don't like books with big words and all text, I have a full shelf of books I've opened only once and never read them anymore (because they bore me with their small fonts and full text pages).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
egyptballer
06-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Yes another programmer in IB.I am not the only one.:coolalien

Although I have never read this one here you go:
Super Review C++

http://www.borders.com/online/store/...sku=0878911812

and

Head First Java(With lots of pictures :) )

http://www.borders.com/online/store/...sku=0596009208

But I always found programming classes the best way to learn.Hope that helps.inshAllah

GreyKode
06-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Another quasi-programmer here:-[ , since I'm technically an embedded systems programmer.
Nowadays I'm more focused on FPGA's if anyone's interested.

egyptballer
06-28-2009, 11:05 PM
I am not a professional programmer but I know how to program in C++.:coolalien

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mohsen1985
06-29-2009, 06:05 PM
:sl:

Thank you for the links. I also learn better in classes, but nowadays I don't have the time to go to a class, so I'm searching for a book which I can read in the little breaks I get in my work.:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.