/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I want to start praying namaaz..

anonymous
06-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Yes start, i have never prayed regularly, i just pray on Jummah. Ofcourse i am ashamed to admit this, but it would be more shamefull to never admit this or acknowledge it.
I am not expecting to turn into a regular prayer overnight, i think it would be a challenge for me to even start praying just one namaaz regularly. If i tried to go full on straight away, i would most defnitely fail and be put off easily. So i want to start gently and slowly, which will inshallah ease me in and therefore make me strong at praying regularly in the long term.

I need advice, as i know i am going to find this very hard.
Half the problem for me anyway is keeping wudhu, i drink alot of water to keep my energy levels up but this obviously leads to breaking wudhu regularly, and having to make wudhu constantly does make praying namaaz more time consuming and not as convenient. If i was automatically always in a state of wudhu then praying anytime anywhere would be so much easier and convenient.

:threadapp

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- IqRa -
06-29-2009, 11:44 AM
I do not think I can comprehend your situation, and I might not be able to give you the correct advice.

However, if you start with hanging around with the correct people (who pray 5 times a day), I think that would be a start. Slowly increase your circle of friends, to include more practiscing friends rather than those who are not practicing. As time passes on, you will find it easier to pray, as your friends will be praying as well.

having to make wudhu constantly does make praying namaaz more time consuming and not as convenient.
SubhanAllah, I don't think this was the right thing to say. IN line with the hadith in Sahih Bukhari, that if you do wudu 5 times a day, your sins are washed off from you like dirst is washed away with water.

Narrated Abu Huraira

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "If there was a river at the door of anyone of you and he took a bath in it five times a day would you notice any dirt on him?" They said, "Not a trace of dirt would be left." The Prophet added, "That is the example of the five prayers with which Allah blots out (annuls) evil deeds."

(Sahih Al Bukhari Volume 1, Book 10, Hadith # 506)

However, I see where you are coming from. If you are a brother, then it shouldn't be a problem - I think the problem is more for our sisters, as they have to take their Hijaab off and perform wudhu. I'm not sure what to advise on this, so I'll let someone else advise you InshaAllah.

May Allah guide us all and bestow His Mercy upon us, Ameen.

AnonymousPoster
06-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Yes i know it doesn't sound right, but i am being honest. We live in the modern, western world and as much as i would love to do fresh wudhu before every namaaz and reap the benefits of it, for alot of people, even the most religious and regular prayers, making wudhu sometimes makes praying namaaz more difficult or even not possible due to time/facilities constraints.
For example when we have been on an outing somewhere, my friend has wanted to pray but she doesn't have wudhu, and the bathrooms were far away and our coach was going to leave soon. Or if someone has a short break at work etc.
And for someone like me who wants to start praying regularly for the first time, it is obviously something which makes it harder to start praying more regularly.

I am just being totally honest here so i can get the best advice, otherwise i will get advice that won't help me.

And lets not concentrate on just that, i said it was half the problem, the rest is ofcourse the problem most people have if they struggle to pray regularly, which is just to simple have and keep the will power, enthusiasm and energy to pray, especially in our busy tiring lives.

AnonymousPoster
06-29-2009, 12:02 PM
That was me, the origininal thread starter, who replied above btw.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- IqRa -
06-29-2009, 12:08 PM
And lets not concentrate on just that, i said it was half the problem, the rest is ofcourse the problem most people have if they struggle to pray regularly, which is just to simple have and keep the will power, enthusiasm and energy to pray, especially in our busy tiring lives.
What wil motivate you? How old are you by the way, if you don't mind me asking?

AnonymousPoster
07-03-2009, 11:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Yes i know it doesn't sound right, but i am being honest. We live in the modern, western world and as much as i would love to do fresh wudhu before every namaaz and reap the benefits of it, for alot of people, even the most religious and regular prayers, making wudhu sometimes makes praying namaaz more difficult or even not possible due to time/facilities constraints.
For example when we have been on an outing somewhere, my friend has wanted to pray but she doesn't have wudhu, and the bathrooms were far away and our coach was going to leave soon. Or if someone has a short break at work etc.
And for someone like me who wants to start praying regularly for the first time, it is obviously something which makes it harder to start praying more regularly.

I am just being totally honest here so i can get the best advice, otherwise i will get advice that won't help me.

What? I live in 'modern, western world' and I think you're making excuses. If you are devoted to your deen then you would make an effort and stop complaining.

If there is knowhere to do whudhu then keep your wudhu from the morning and you'll be alright, but usually you can do wudhu in most places like disabled toilets, normal toilets anywhere with a sink.

I'll tell you how I used to pray salah whilst working in my partime job during last summer. The work I would do would make me napak because of handling haram food, I'm still trying to change this job. Anyway, so during small 15 min breaks I would get to nearest disabled toilets, do proper wudhu, then because where I work there is no clean and private place to pray, I would quickly get to BHS the department store or any other clothes store then pretend I'm trying some new clothes on and pray in the changing rooms.

SubhanAllah think how difficult that would have been for almost everyday for three months and I had to do this without arousing suspicion to the changing room staff, lol.

So bro you got to put effort into it and show devotion and Allah will give you a way out to perform your duties. Don't even be embarassed to pray in public places, if I'm running late I would pray in the bus, train, coach, car anywhere really even a bench. You are allowed to sit and pray.

I forgot the hadith but its something like if you cant stand and pray then sit, if you cant sit then lie down and pray etc etc

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.