/* */

PDA

View Full Version : LI's Online Qur'an Memorization Initiative

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-29-2009, 02:44 PM
:salamext:

“The people of Qur’an, they are the people of Allaah and His specialties.”
[Ahmad, Nisaa’ee, Ibn Maajah]

If LI were to launch a group Qur'an memorization project where forum members would be able to memorize the Qur'an with each other - would YOU take part?

-Quick outline-

**Overseen and moderated by the Huffadh on the forum

- Planned in 3 groups -
* Level 1 - Juz 'Amma;
* Level 2 - Juz Tabarak;
* Level 3 - Surah chosen by participants in this level.**

More Details to come insha'Allaah...
For now - please answer the poll and if you have any ideas etc - let us know!

“Indeed, Allaah will honor people (i.e., in this world and the Hereafter) by this Book, and He will debase others by it.”
[Muslim]

Don't YOU want to be of those whom Allaah will honor by the Qur'an?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
06-29-2009, 02:58 PM
:sl:
good idea, but i think it should be segregated? and also, how do we know if one another has memorized? recordings? :-\ or like a "home work sheet" system?

Beardo
06-29-2009, 03:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
good idea, but i think it should be segregated? and also, how do we know if one another has memorized? recordings? :-\ or like a "home work sheet" system?
A homework sheet is a good idea. Everyone can keep log on their own.

And I think it's self paced program, or a little each day... I think he's asking for ideas and suggestions right now. It's a good project though!

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 03:10 PM

I would love to insh'Allah. I am waiting for the details insh'Allah.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- IqRa -
06-29-2009, 03:17 PM
So many people want to take part, but I really don't think this is going to work. To memorise the Qur'an, one needs to have a proper teacher there, who can teach his the pronounciation of the arabic lettering correctly. Also, everyone has different things to do at different times, and their memorising speed may be different to others. Some peoples' mind-state might go into depression halfway through (its possible, believe me).

Personally, with regards to memorising the Qur'an, I have learnt that you should set yourself a goal, and you yourself have to motivate yourself to reach and acheive that goal. You know yourself better, and I think its better if we look at things realistically, rather than agreeing with it, and then the whole thing falling apart in a couple of weeks.

Allahu Aalim, this might work, but personally I don't think it will, as everyone has their own speed and time and memorization time period.

I'm not saying that I won't memorise it, I'm saying I won't take part memorising it with the forum.

Therefore I have voted: No, (why not?) imsad and explained my reason above.

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 03:22 PM

That may be a point the organizers need to look at....some people have work or are busy with stuff and some times are normal for others and to early for others...but then again they are still planning/thinking it out,right?

Silver Pearl
06-29-2009, 03:23 PM
:wasalamex

Mashaa'Allaah it's a good idea. There is alot of thinking to be done though. Who will run it? Those who do run it, what do they need to know, be haafidh(a)? Know ahkaam tajweed? How will things be monitered? How many people per teacher to monitor? How often do you have a class meeting? and so forth...It is best to cover all angles before a launch.

As TIA mentioned, you really do need a teacher. Perhaps it would be good to start off with something like Makhaarij and Sifaat of huruf then go with hifdh. It'll be hard to do hifdh if you don't atleast know that much. Unless you're good at imitating. Most children don't study ahkaam tajweed yet are very good Mashaa'Allaah and it is because they would imitate the recitor or their teacher.

Inshaa'Allaah it goes well!

Ummu Sufyaan
06-29-2009, 03:40 PM
im in a hurry so i dont know if the follwoing has been mentioned b4:
pls keep in mind that this stuff has been attempted b4 and so many tmes ve seen t fail cos of lac of participation/motivation/consistancy...so f you start make sure it is continuious and consistent!!---cant emphasis that enough

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Yes to add on to the Sisters post: We should have a signip sheet that states a minimum time you have to stay. We could have different teachers at different times like UK members- one teacher,USA & Canada members-one teacher,Other countries-one teacher and so forth. We need a lot more participation from members and should have at least 10-25 comments/suggestions on this idea.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-29-2009, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
So many people want to take part, but I really don't think this is going to work. To memorise the Qur'an, one needs to have a proper teacher there, who can teach his the pronounciation of the arabic lettering correctly. Also, everyone has different things to do at different times, and their memorising speed may be different to others. Some peoples' mind-state might go into depression halfway through (its possible, believe me).

Personally, with regards to memorising the Qur'an, I have learnt that you should set yourself a goal, and you yourself have to motivate yourself to reach and acheive that goal. You know yourself better, and I think its better if we look at things realistically, rather than agreeing with it, and then the whole thing falling apart in a couple of weeks.

Allahu Aalim, this might work, but personally I don't think it will, as everyone has their own speed and time and memorization time period.

I'm not saying that I won't memorise it, I'm saying I won't take part memorising it with the forum.

Therefore I have voted: No, (why not?) imsad and explained my reason above.
It will work - insha'Allaah - because it has worked elsewhere (check AlMaghrib forums to get an idea). Success is from Allaah, for us is to work. :thumbs_up

In regards to a teacher, participants can, once completed go and recite to a local imaam. During, we are still working on ways memorization can be checked.

As per people's personal lives getting in the way, that's valid too. However, I'm sure people who commit to this because they want to can take out 30 minutes a day to memorize 2-3 ayaat.

The point of this isn't to make anyone a hafidh or get them to do full-time hifdh memorizing one or 2 pages a day - the mindset, medium for that isn't a forum. Rather, this is aimed primarily for those that cannot do full time hifdh but still want to have a relationship with the Quran, who want to recite something new in Salah besides the same few surahs they've been reciting all their years, etc - but can only take the time out to memorize a couple of ayat per day.

A lot of us spend a lot of time here engaging in discussions, surfing the internet etc, if just 30 minutes of that time were taken and invested in this, the potential for success is very high, bi'idhnillah.

format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl

Mashaa'Allaah it's a good idea. There is alot of thinking to be done though. Who will run it? Those who do run it, what do they need to know, be haafidh(a)? Know ahkaam tajweed? How will things be monitered? How many people per teacher to monitor? How often do you have a class meeting? and so forth...It is best to cover all angles before a launch.

As TIA mentioned, you really do need a teacher. Perhaps it would be good to start off with something like Makhaarij and Sifaat of huruf then go with hifdh. It'll be hard to do hifdh if you don't atleast know that much. Unless you're good at imitating. Most children don't study ahkaam tajweed yet are very good Mashaa'Allaah and it is because they would imitate the recitor or their teacher.

Inshaa'Allaah it goes well!

Details will come insha'Allaah. We're still in the planning stage and just want to get an idea of how many people will take part and get any ideas/etc that we may have not thought of.

You have a very valid point on being able to recite satisfactory. We will address it, Insha'Allaah. Again, this isn't aimed at turning the participants into Huffadh. It's to help them form and keep a relationship with the Qur'an.

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 03:49 PM

That clears my doubt. I need to buy a microphone insh'Allah.

Najm
06-29-2009, 04:00 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

SubhaanAllah!!! Ive only read
the opening post, and i am simply in.

I dont know if or how it would work. I dont if it would succeed or fail....

All i know is that i have the motivation to learn. And i am learning 2-3 ayaats a day currently, so inshaAllah it can only benefit me.

Everyone should join in. Brothers and sisters show your support. It is only for your benefit. It is something that you can take to your grave. InshaAllah...

FiAmaaniAllah

Silver Pearl
06-29-2009, 04:03 PM

Mashaa'Allaah, you (and those organising it) seem to have things under control, Inshaa'Allaah it will work!

How about a muraja'ah level? Hifdh is sa7lan in comparison to revision, anyone memorising or has memorised can vouch for that I think lol.

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 04:04 PM

And even if does fail,Allah still sees your intention and you get the deed insh'Allah. Will this be done anonymously?

Beardo
06-29-2009, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Hakim

And even if does fail,Allah still sees your intention and you get the deed insh'Allah. Will this be done anonymously?

Fail? Astaghfirullah! There is no fail in this. :D Masha'Allah, it's an honor for LI to have such programs, even if only one person joins.

Though, there are a few questions I have:
- Would it be a group pace or self paced? Would anyone be able to join anytime? I suppose you're just starting, and evaluating the participation rates. Though, I look forward to the program, Insha'Allah!

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 04:27 PM

I meant if the whole concept fails. Apologizes if I hurt anyone by saying that. Are those questions directed at me brother eHafiz?I will feel honoured if you want my opinions/answers.

Nájlá
06-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Asalamu Alaykum,

format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd al-Rahman
would YOU take part?
A big Fat Defo :D
Am defo In, Looking forward to it.
Am getting all excited now, I hope it works otherwise imsad

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 04:56 PM

These are suggestions that they are taking in to evaluate if they should start it or not. I wouldnt get my hopes high until a few more details are revealed insh'Allah. Not saying this to discourage anyone but just reminding.

chacha_jalebi
06-29-2009, 05:39 PM
heavy idea, also i think its best to like memorize first like memorize memorize, and you can always listen to how the letters are recited by different recitors, but memorize first and then concentrate on fixing up what you learnt like makhaarij and the idghaam and other rules of recitation but the main thing should be the memorisation then pap pap :D

cause the hadiths ....

whoever recites fluently gets reward and whoever recites with difficulty gets double rewards

sooo no excuses, everyone should get in and try to memorize as much as they can.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-29-2009, 07:38 PM

Mashaa'Allaah, you (and those organising it) seem to have things under control, Inshaa'Allaah it will work!

How about a muraja'ah level? Hifdh is sa7lan in comparison to revision, anyone memorising or has memorised can vouch for that I think lol.

That's a pretty awesome idea..though I'm not sure how it can be implemented? Any ideas?

What do you mean by anonymously?

format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
Fail? Astaghfirullah! There is no fail in this. :D Masha'Allah, it's an honor for LI to have such programs, even if only one person joins.

Though, there are a few questions I have:
- Would it be a group pace or self paced? Would anyone be able to join anytime? I suppose you're just starting, and evaluating the participation rates. Though, I look forward to the program, Insha'Allah!
Memorization is group paced, because if it was self paced there would be no point in having a group memorization. However, we will make sure the time is suitable for everyone, more or less.

After it 'officially' kicks off, it will be documented on the forums itself, so anyone wanting to join and start memorizing after can simply stick to how the group did it and can catch up.

It might not be making sense (the above) but insha'Allaah it will in due time!
format_quote Originally Posted by Luloah
Asalamu Alaykum,

A big Fat Defo :D
Am defo In, Looking forward to it.
Am getting all excited now, I hope it works otherwise imsad
Make lots of dua'!

Rabi'ya
06-29-2009, 07:44 PM

MashAllah this seems like an excellent idea. May Allah bless all the people for taking part and giving suggestions and comments.

I am currently attending a class where I am attempting to do hifdh. It is difficult as my life is extremely busy right now. But I have the teacher recite one small surah(Im currently doing Juz Amma) Then I lisetn and repeat then read myself. The class is rn once a week so by the next week I have memorised the surah. She tests me and then gives me another surah to learn.

We also have a chance to learn Allahs beautiful names too. She listens to us each week to see how many we know. We try to add about 2 or 3 to the list each time. MAshAllah it seems to work well. The class is for women, and especially those who have young children, so the class can get a bit noisy sometimes. lol

Anyway, what I mean to say is that this will be an excellent way to aid people in memorising parts of the Quraan and can only be of benefit to people. The amount of effort anyone puts in inshAllah they will get the reward for it.
Perhaps the surah could be linked through the thread so people can learn the surah for the next week inshAllah. I think weekly classes would be good as not everyone logs in everytime and as people were saying, personal lives are very busy so to listen and then recite during our dail lives is an easy way to learn inshAllah.

A fantastic idea alhamdulillah and I think those who can should all try to take part inshAllah

Tony
06-29-2009, 07:51 PM
can we do same for those of us who need to learn arabic first

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 09:10 PM

Brother Abd Al Rahmaan I mean will you tell the next reciter is brother Tony.

If that does not clarify I will give another example insh'Allah.

$tranger
06-29-2009, 09:49 PM

a GREAT idea! :thumbs_up

would YOU take part?
YES! Insha'Allah!

:bump1:

& how about having Muhammad n zAk as the 'teachers' for the bros? ;)

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 09:51 PM

Who are going to be the teachers?

muslimah 4 life
06-29-2009, 09:51 PM

This sounds like an excellent idea! InshAllah I'll be looking forward to take part.
May ALLAH reward you all for your kind and sincere efforts. Ameen

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-29-2009, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

MashAllah this seems like an excellent idea. May Allah bless all the people for taking part and giving suggestions and comments.

I am currently attending a class where I am attempting to do hifdh. It is difficult as my life is extremely busy right now. But I have the teacher recite one small surah(Im currently doing Juz Amma) Then I lisetn and repeat then read myself. The class is rn once a week so by the next week I have memorised the surah. She tests me and then gives me another surah to learn.

We also have a chance to learn Allahs beautiful names too. She listens to us each week to see how many we know. We try to add about 2 or 3 to the list each time. MAshAllah it seems to work well. The class is for women, and especially those who have young children, so the class can get a bit noisy sometimes. lol

Anyway, what I mean to say is that this will be an excellent way to aid people in memorising parts of the Quraan and can only be of benefit to people. The amount of effort anyone puts in inshAllah they will get the reward for it.
Perhaps the surah could be linked through the thread so people can learn the surah for the next week inshAllah. I think weekly classes would be good as not everyone logs in everytime and as people were saying, personal lives are very busy so to listen and then recite during our dail lives is an easy way to learn inshAllah.

A fantastic idea alhamdulillah and I think those who can should all try to take part inshAllah

Jazakallah Khayr for the input! Very appreciated.

Can you elaborate on linking the surah through the thread? I didn't get that.

format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony
We would love to bro, but given the medium it's not feasible. Learning Arabic and learning to recite properly needs the constant supervision of a teacher - which is something we cannot provide unfortunately.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ahm@d

a GREAT idea! :thumbs_up

YES! Insha'Allah!

:bump1:

& how about having Muhammad n zAk as the 'teachers' for the bros? ;)

Yeah, and maybe you too Hafidh Ahm@d! :D

Who are going to be the teachers?

No teachers per se, this isn't a class. Everyone will have to keep themselves in check - however in order to help facilitate it for the participants we're looking into ways that our Hufadh can 'check' the recitation. At the end, it is the responsibility of the memorizer to go to an Imaam once they complete a surah and recite to him - this would ensure complete correction insha'Allaah.

format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah 4 life

This sounds like an excellent idea! InshAllah I'll be looking forward to take part.
May ALLAH reward you all for your kind and sincere efforts. Ameen

Make lots of dua'!

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 10:05 PM

Interesting but how will they/we memorize alone?

Will make dua insh'Allah.

*Yasmin*
06-29-2009, 10:55 PM

salam 3lekum
jazaka Allahu khayran akhee .. GREAT Idea
my suggestion for the program is:

1. appointing the teachers.

2. doing a schedule 2 or 3 schedules every schedule different from the other on the pace of memorizing (for ex- the number of the surahs that will be memorized per day)
the schedule may be like this ;
day+date : (mention the surahs that should be memorized )

3. showing the schedules(the whole schedule for all the juzu2 memorizing plan) that were made .. every participant will choose the most fine schedule for him/her.

4. dividing the participants on groups .. every group according the schedule that was chosen !..

yani : schedule 1 >> group one .. etc

also dividing the participants for brothers and sisters ofcourse..
it's better for checking the participant's memorization

and for the checking ways it maybe one of two or two of two ways
1. checking by reciting the surah using the messenger or what ever!(sister to sister - brother to brother)
2. checking by writting the Quranic script ..

i hope it was clear .. and sorry if i repeat ideas were mentioned before ..
salam

Banu_Hashim
06-29-2009, 11:17 PM
InshAllah :D

Excellent idea and a noble intention, masha'Allah.

I'm interested in the details as to how exactly the programme would be implemented, monitored, delivered etc., insha'Allah...

Na7lah
06-29-2009, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Yasmin*
1. checking by reciting the surah using the messenger or what ever!(sister to sister - brother to brother)

salam
i believe that a recording method, the momorizer records themselves and sends it to their group leader, a sister will be assigned for the sisters and a brother for the brothers

'Abd-al Hakim
06-30-2009, 01:28 AM

One only for each gender?

Ummu Sufyaan
06-30-2009, 02:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd al-Rahman

In regards to a teacher, participants can, once completed go and recite to a local imaam. During, we are still working on ways memorization can be checked
but not everyone has that luxury of reaching an imam.
and also to see if people are putting in the effort, perhaps we should get the rep system involved here---> get rep deductions for those who are slacking off?

As per people's personal lives getting in the way, that's valid too. However, I'm sure people who commit to this because they want to can take out 30 minutes a day to memorize 2-3 ayaat.
agreed...

that has to be included...

format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
heavy idea, also i think its best to like memorize first like memorize memorize, and you can always listen to how the letters are recited by different recitors, but memorize first and then concentrate on fixing up what you learnt like makhaarij and the idghaam and other rules of recitation but the main thing should be the memorisation then pap pap :D
good idea...i was also thinking we have an audio/text posted of what we are memorizing. an audio of about 5 sheikhs reciting the same verse, so that we are aided in memorization/tajweed along with the text/translation of that ayah. and 5 sheiks so that everyone gets the shiekh they like/are accustomed to. some like shiekhs sudais, but others may find him too fast, so maybe someone like shiekh minshawy would be more suited for them and so on...

format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony
maybe we should somehow run a little Arabic class in complementary to the huffath...you know sometimes when you go to uni you have to take extra courses as an abridgment to the classes you're taking so that you gain that extra little bit of knowledge you need...so maybe something like that...it'll only be something very basic i image and there are plenty of useful vid/texts on youtube and over the net in general on how letters should be pronounced, etc.

also, are we going to focus of just qiraa'ah (recitation where just the letters are pronounced) or tajweed as well (where the letters AND tajweed rules are implemented.

btw, if this goes this goes ahead and is successful, it could bring good publicity to the forum...

Banu_Hashim
06-30-2009, 07:29 AM

btw, if this goes this goes ahead and is successful, it could bring good publicity to the forum...
Inshallah. And if it is successful then we, as members, can mention it to people by mouth and it'll become even more so.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-30-2009, 01:00 PM

Interesting but how will they/we memorize alone?

Will make dua insh'Allah.

Memorize alone on their own time of course..but along with the group.

salam 3lekum
jazaka Allahu khayran akhee .. GREAT Idea
my suggestion for the program is:

1. appointing the teachers.

2. doing a schedule 2 or 3 schedules every schedule different from the other on the pace of memorizing (for ex- the number of the surahs that will be memorized per day)
the schedule may be like this ;
day+date : (mention the surahs that should be memorized )

3. showing the schedules(the whole schedule for all the juzu2 memorizing plan) that were made .. every participant will choose the most fine schedule for him/her.

4. dividing the participants on groups .. every group according the schedule that was chosen !..

yani : schedule 1 >> group one .. etc

also dividing the participants for brothers and sisters ofcourse..
it's better for checking the participant's memorization

salam

Great ideas, Jazakallah Khayr for the input!

1) No 'teachers' per se - I just want to be clear this isn't a class, it's a way to memorize the Qur'an together. We are trying to facilitate that our huffadh will listen to recitations, but the details etc need fine tuning.

2) This is an interesting idea, of having various schedules. A bit challenging, but we'll look into it insha'Allaah. Jazakallah Khayr for bringing it up.

3) As above.

4) Groups within the levels? That's going to be a challange to set up and monitor. We'll take it into consideration insha Allaah.

5) Memorization will be done together, but not the checking. Sisters for sisters, brothers for brothers.

format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
InshAllah :D

Excellent idea and a noble intention, masha'Allah.

I'm interested in the details as to how exactly the programme would be implemented, monitored, delivered etc., insha'Allah...
In due time insha'Allaah. Make lots of dua'! :thumbs_up

format_quote Originally Posted by Na7lah
i believe that a recording method, the momorizer records themselves and sends it to their group leader, a sister will be assigned for the sisters and a brother for the brothers
Yeah.

One only for each gender?

Depends how many huffadh we have. We'll see insha'Allaah.

but not everyone has that luxury of reaching an imam.
I guess so. We can't really help that unfortunately. But to at least help out in that regard we're trying to get the recitation checking by the Huffadh going.

and also to see if people are putting in the effort, perhaps we should get the rep system involved here---> get rep deductions for those who are slacking off?
No..it's not like we're forcing anyone to memorize/recite. It's a personal commitment. We're going to put our commitment of setting it up, running it and managing it, and it's up to the participants to benefit and keep up insha'Allaah. And we're going to be doing it a pace that works for people that have to work/school and other life commitments so i'm hoping everyone will be able to keep up.

that has to be included...
It's going to be tough. We don't want to bite off more than we can chew, because then we're divided in making x run smoothly and y slacks off and vice versa. So for now we're just going to get the three levels set up and working smoothly insha'Allaah. Maybe later on we can get some more things going, Allaahu 'Alam.

good idea...i was also thinking we have an audio/text posted of what we are memorizing. an audio of about 5 sheikhs reciting the same verse, so that we are aided in memorization/tajweed along with the text/translation of that ayah. and 5 sheiks so that everyone gets the shiekh they like/are accustomed to. some like shiekhs sudais, but others may find him too fast, so maybe someone like shiekh minshawy would be more suited for them and so on...
Definitely! We'll have text, translation, and links to recitations of the surah/ayaat posted along w/ daily lessons.

maybe we should somehow run a little Arabic class in complementary to the huffath...you know sometimes when you go to uni you have to take extra courses as an abridgment to the classes you're taking so that you gain that extra little bit of knowledge you need...so maybe something like that...it'll only be something very basic i image and there are plenty of useful vid/texts on youtube and over the net in general on how letters should be pronounced, etc.
Again, it's a cool idea..but learning Arabic on an internet forum isn't the best means and not to mention how the Staff can manage it all. And again to repeat, we're not teaching..it's not a class.

also, are we going to focus of just qiraa'ah (recitation where just the letters are pronounced) or tajweed as well (where the letters AND tajweed rules are implemented.
Not sure what you mean? We're going to focus on memorization. If someone knows the rules of Tajweed it's a plus, but if they don't but know how to recite, Allaah knows best, I think it'll work. Also, I know of some pretty cool videos that will atleast help out the Juz 'Amma group make sure they're recitation/pronounciation is correct. Here's an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQGzZYes4Vw

HopeFul
07-01-2009, 10:26 AM

I would love to participate, i had started before on my own a few yers abck but then dis continued, I would love to start again, I know some surahs Alhamdolillah I would like to begin again, i think id have to wait though, as I have memorised around 17 surahs from 'Amma. Alhamdolillah

Muhaba
07-01-2009, 08:27 PM
This is a great idea and i'd love to participate, insha-Allah. Currently I am memorizing Quraan with some teachers at the local masjid. Also I have read the Quraan with tajweed with a teacher but my tajweed still needs a lot of work. Hopefully this program will help my memorization.

I borrowed a Juz Amma tajweed book that has english transliteration. Insha-Allah I'll try scanning & uploading it as it might help those who don't know how to read arabic.

Yanal
07-01-2009, 09:41 PM
May Allah support and bless everyone for their proper intentions insh'Allah,ameen.

Intisar
07-01-2009, 09:46 PM
MashaAllaah I really like this idea, it could bring a lot of barakat to this forum. :thumbs_up

I think we all need the push to finish the entire Quran, not just finish it, but reciting it off by heart and knowing the meaning of what we're reading inshaAllaah. My Dad is a hafidh, he finished the Quran 13 times, so inshaAllaah I can use his expertise to my advantage.

I also like the idea of recording your voice and sending it off to a hafidh/hafidha, as we can learn from our mistakes. And also learn how to *beautify* our voices.

May Allaah increase our scales on the day of judgement and may he make our path to memorising the entire Quran a smooth one. Ameen.

Banu_Hashim
07-01-2009, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameena*
I also like the idea of recording your voice and sending it off to a hafidh/hafidha, as we can learn from our mistakes. And also learn how to *beautify* our voices.

May Allaah increase our scales on the day of judgement and may he make our path to memorising the entire Quran a smooth one. Ameen.
Ameen. I like the idea of aiming to beautifying our voices as well. A Qari known for beautifying his voice is Mishary Rashid Al-Afasy. He's inspired me personally to recite in the proper way and to memorise Al-Qur'an Al-Kareem. He has a show called "Khalona Ma3a". You can search it on youtube. It primarily concentrates on pronounciation, but you can gain an idea of how to teach etc...

I think we all need the push to finish the entire Quran, not just finish it, but reciting it off by heart and knowing the meaning of what we're reading inshaAllaah. My Dad is a hafidh, he finished the Quran 13 times, so inshaAllaah I can use his expertise to my advantage.
Yes! Use your Dad, and ask him for tips. Does he practice a lot?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-02-2009, 01:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HopeFul

I would love to participate, i had started before on my own a few yers abck but then dis continued, I would love to start again, I know some surahs Alhamdolillah I would like to begin again, i think id have to wait though, as I have memorised around 17 surahs from 'Amma. Alhamdolillah

That's awesome Masha'Allaah. Whatever you've already memorized, you can review!

format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
This is a great idea and i'd love to participate, insha-Allah. Currently I am memorizing Quraan with some teachers at the local masjid. Also I have read the Quraan with tajweed with a teacher but my tajweed still needs a lot of work. Hopefully this program will help my memorization.

I borrowed a Juz Amma tajweed book that has english transliteration. Insha-Allah I'll try scanning & uploading it as it might help those who don't know how to read arabic.
Jazakallah Khayr, sounds good!

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
May Allah support and bless everyone for their proper intentions insh'Allah,ameen.
Ameen!

MashaAllaah I really like this idea, it could bring a lot of barakat to this forum. :thumbs_up

Insha'Allaah, I hope it will benefit all of us. Ameen to the dua'!

BlackMamba
07-02-2009, 03:00 AM
:sl:So is there going to be a chart of graph or something like that. Maybe three categories: Sabaq (New Lesson), Sabaqi (Previous Lesson Review), Manzil/Dor (Review). A student of hifz should be doing these three categories on a daily basis. There could be a system that counts the total amount of lines memorized each day, and the pages reviewed. It could be posted up also and inshallah the students can motivate each other. I think when your friends or fellow students are memorizing many lines, then that motivates you to do the same. Jealousy is allowed in this situation.
And make sure you can read correctly, pronounce arabic letters, and know basic tajweed before you start hifz, it will make it easier. you don't do calculus before algebra.

Muhaba
07-02-2009, 02:06 PM
I have posted some surahs from Juz Amma with English tranliteration. Those who can't read arabic might benefit from them. You can read them here: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...iteration.html

Silver Pearl
07-02-2009, 07:04 PM

Mashaa'Allaah, Allaah yahfadakum!

I don't know how the muraja'ah could work but I'll give you the ways we do it.

There are three ways:

1) All the students who have memorised Juzz 'Amma are told they need to prepare for next lesson. The students sit in a circle and everyone reads an ayaah each and it goes in anti-clockwise. Until Smaller suraat are reached in which case the students reads the whole Surah each and so forth. Sometimes the teacher will ask you to read few ayaat instead of one ayaah.

2) You prepare Suraah/Juzz or Hizb and the teacher will say 'Kayfa takfuroona billaahi wa kuntum...' and then you finish the ayaah and keep on reading till he/she is happy. You also state the Suraah it is in.

3) You just recite the Suraah/Hizb etc to the teacher from beginning till the end.

You're only allowed three minor mistakes, if you make more mistakes then you repeat it again. If you're reading the suraah from beginning to end, every time you make a mistake you start from beginning of the surah!

I was watching this clip, I can't find it but it's these young brothers, in their 20s sitting in a circle and they are reciting Minhaaj At-Taalibeen from memory [Its 3 volumes!] Subhanallaah! These students would have also memorised the Qur'aan in qira'atayn and have memorised texts such as Safina An-Naja, Arba'een, Ajroomiyyah, Alfiyyah etc, Mashaa'Allaah!

So Inshaa'Allaah I hope this project becomes successful!

Intisar
07-02-2009, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
Ameen. I like the idea of aiming to beautifying our voices as well. A Qari known for beautifying his voice is Mishary Rashid Al-Afasy. He's inspired me personally to recite in the proper way and to memorise Al-Qur'an Al-Kareem. He has a show called "Khalona Ma3a". You can search it on youtube. It primarily concentrates on pronounciation, but you can gain an idea of how to teach etc...

Yes! Use your Dad, and ask him for tips. Does he practice a lot?
:sl: Yeah alhamdulilah, he aims for reading at least a juzz a day to keep his memorisation fresh. I've heard that it's also really encouraged, especially if you've just become a hafidh recently.

Banu_Hashim
07-02-2009, 10:47 PM
:sl: Yeah alhamdulilah, he aims for reading at least a juzz a day to keep his memorisation fresh. I've heard that it's also really encouraged, especially if you've just become a hafidh recently.
Yeah... especially since my memory can become like a sieve if I don't practice...

Najm
07-03-2009, 11:35 PM

30 v 1!!! SubhaanAllah. InshaAllah, QMI will be a BANG!

FiAmaaniAllah

Ummu Sufyaan
07-06-2009, 06:22 AM
yh writing things out is a really good memory aid, but unfortunately not all of us can write out arabic :)...

format_quote Originally Posted by Maalik
No..it's not like we're forcing anyone to memorize/recite. It's a personal commitment. We're going to put our commitment of setting it up, running it and managing it, and it's up to the participants to benefit and keep up insha'Allaah. And we're going to be doing it a pace that works for people that have to work/school and other life commitments so i'm hoping everyone will be able to keep up.
ok, i get your drift. i guess if people are really motivated, then they'll need nothing to motivate them...

Definitely! We'll have text, translation, and links to recitations of the surah/ayaat posted along w/ daily lessons.
im not sure if you've heard these before, but i think they should be useful, inshallah! basically they are a huffadh aid where the surah memorized is broken down into like 3 or 4 ayahs per clip and the haafidh repeats after the qaari until its "drilled in" as opposed to a whole surah being on one clip and getting confused and having trouble keeping up with it.

heres a sample:
Juz' 3amma 1-3
Juz' 3amma 4-6
Juz' 3amma 7-9

Not sure what you mean?
never mind. i think if i explained it would just get confusing...

We're going to focus on memorization. If someone knows the rules of Tajweed it's a plus, but if they don't but know how to recite, Allaah knows best, I think it'll work. Also, I know of some pretty cool videos that will atleast help out the Juz 'Amma group make sure they're recitation/pronunciation is correct. Here's an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQGzZYes4Vw
i see...

but im still confused about how we are going to go about this? is it that we are in (self-taught) groups and the leader of our group (who will be a haafidh/haafidha) will just listen to our memorization. so basically the reason why we are in groups and have a leader is to motivate one another :?

when do we start btw...?

Rabi'ya
07-07-2009, 08:56 PM

can someone clarify the progress so far?? Im really interested in taking this up inshAllah

Najm
07-07-2009, 09:24 PM

can someone clarify the progress so far?? Im really interested in taking this up inshAllah

Ditto

Over 95%, MarshaAllah!!!

Has anyone got some tajweed links...articles/videos

JazakAllah Khair

FiAmaaniAllah

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-07-2009, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
:sl:So is there going to be a chart of graph or something like that. Maybe three categories: Sabaq (New Lesson), Sabaqi (Previous Lesson Review), Manzil/Dor (Review). A student of hifz should be doing these three categories on a daily basis. There could be a system that counts the total amount of lines memorized each day, and the pages reviewed. It could be posted up also and inshallah the students can motivate each other. I think when your friends or fellow students are memorizing many lines, then that motivates you to do the same. Jealousy is allowed in this situation.
And make sure you can read correctly, pronounce arabic letters, and know basic tajweed before you start hifz, it will make it easier. you don't do calculus before algebra.

I don't think so about the chart..but we do have something in mind in terms of Excel so we'll see... however we do want to keep it simple and easy to follow so that even later on if there are people that haven't started out w/ the initial groups can join in without getting confused by a number of different things.

Again, the goal here isn't to make anyone a hafidh - it's to help people form a daily relationship with the Qur'an that can progressively grow insha'Allaah.

format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
I have posted some surahs from Juz Amma with English tranliteration. Those who can't read arabic might benefit from them. You can read them here: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...iteration.html
Jazakallah Khayr! Looks good!

Mashaa'Allaah, Allaah yahfadakum!

I don't know how the muraja'ah could work but I'll give you the ways we do it.

There are three ways:

1) All the students who have memorised Juzz 'Amma are told they need to prepare for next lesson. The students sit in a circle and everyone reads an ayaah each and it goes in anti-clockwise. Until Smaller suraat are reached in which case the students reads the whole Surah each and so forth. Sometimes the teacher will ask you to read few ayaat instead of one ayaah.

2) You prepare Suraah/Juzz or Hizb and the teacher will say 'Kayfa takfuroona billaahi wa kuntum...' and then you finish the ayaah and keep on reading till he/she is happy. You also state the Suraah it is in.

3) You just recite the Suraah/Hizb etc to the teacher from beginning till the end.

You're only allowed three minor mistakes, if you make more mistakes then you repeat it again. If you're reading the suraah from beginning to end, every time you make a mistake you start from beginning of the surah!

I was watching this clip, I can't find it but it's these young brothers, in their 20s sitting in a circle and they are reciting Minhaaj At-Taalibeen from memory [Its 3 volumes!] Subhanallaah! These students would have also memorised the Qur'aan in qira'atayn and have memorised texts such as Safina An-Naja, Arba'een, Ajroomiyyah, Alfiyyah etc, Mashaa'Allaah!

So Inshaa'Allaah I hope this project becomes successful!
Pretty cool ways Masha'Allaah. Thing is all require real time interaction between the teacher and student which is quite beyond our scope online. I think the correction with an Imaam and revisions are on the part of the participant..wallaahu 'alam.

The video sounds awesome, I would really love to watch that! It's a maqarah right?

format_quote Originally Posted by Najm

30 v 1!!! SubhaanAllah. InshaAllah, QMI will be a BANG!

FiAmaaniAllah
Insha'Allaah, make lots of dua'!

ok, i get your drift. i guess if people are really motivated, then they'll need nothing to motivate them...
Yup!

im not sure if you've heard these before, but i think they should be useful, inshallah! basically they are a huffadh aid where the surah memorized is broken down into like 3 or 4 ayahs per clip and the haafidh repeats after the qaari until its "drilled in" as opposed to a whole surah being on one clip and getting confused and having trouble keeping up with it.

heres a sample:
Juz' 3amma 1-3
Juz' 3amma 4-6
Juz' 3amma 7-9
That is seriously awesome. Is the entire Qur'an up online somewhere which we can use? That is perfect for Juz 'Amma, hopefully there are more for level 2 and level 3!

but im still confused about how we are going to go about this? is it that we are in (self-taught) groups and the leader of our group (who will be a haafidh/haafidha) will just listen to our memorization. so basically the reason why we are in groups and have a leader is to motivate one another :?

when do we start btw...?
Plan is for right after Ramadan insha'Allaah. Because it's summer, people are travelling and engaged in summer activities offline. Then Ramadan is a good time to get into the mode and work on imaan etc..so ideal time is right after Eid insha'Allaah.

Basically, each day we'll post a lesson consisting of 2-3 ayaat. Every 4-5 days we'll have a review day where we'll post all the ayaat that were done up to the lesson of the previous day. Each day, the participants say whether they've completed the lesson on a different thread. The Ameer keeps up with who has memorized and who hasn't and will remind/advice accordingly. Once a surah is completed, the participants should record themselves reciting the surah from memory, upload it somewhere, PM the link to the Ameer/Ameerah and they will listen and point out mistakes.

For a proper traditional correction, we highly recommend and encourage the particpants to go and sit with an Imaam and recite to him to ensure a perfect memorization insha'Allaah.

We're getting there insha'Allaah. Soon we'll open a thread where we'll have people sign up for the level they want to do, along with conditions etc so keep an eye out for that!

Yanal
07-07-2009, 10:28 PM
insh'Allah we will keep an eye out but how long will the program go on for? Example:3months? Will we have to stay for minimum amount of months? Are there going to be terms that new people can join in? Sorry for the questions but thats my general curiosity so*shrugs*. It is a good time that you have chosen after Eid because everyone is busy with family and revising for taraweeh so it is a perfect time. Will all participants need to have a microphone? If so any good ones to buy at future shop possibiliy? If you don't mind me asking before hand,who are going to be the heads of operating this?

Ummu Sufyaan
07-08-2009, 02:56 AM
That is seriously awesome. Is the entire Qur'an up online somewhere which we can use? That is perfect for Juz 'Amma, hopefully there are more for level 2 and level 3!
try this link out. the ones you are after are in the second table.

Plan is for right after Ramadan insha'Allaah. Because it's summer, people are travelling and engaged in summer activities offline. Then Ramadan is a good time to get into the mode and work on imaan etc..so ideal time is right after Eid insha'Allaah.
sounds good...
Basically, each day we'll post a lesson consisting of 2-3 ayaat. Every 4-5 days we'll have a review day where we'll post all the ayaat that were done up to the lesson of the previous day. Each day, the participants say whether they've completed the lesson on a different thread. The Ameer keeps up with who has memorized and who hasn't and will remind/advice accordingly. Once a surah is completed, the participants should record themselves reciting the surah from memory, upload it somewhere, PM the link to the Ameer/Ameerah and they will listen and point out mistakes.
ok, i think i get that...i think ill have to "see" it befoe i fully understand it...

Yanal
07-08-2009, 03:24 AM
Do we get a demo of this?

Banu_Hashim
07-08-2009, 06:32 AM
www.tanzil.info

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-14-2009, 12:00 AM

What's next? :D

http://www.islamicboard.com/memoriza...next-step.html

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-20-2009, 01:53 AM
Bump!

31 votes of 'Yes'..
Are you guys just talk?

Or will you walk the walk?

Al-Hanbali
07-20-2009, 02:17 AM
^ By the way things are going at the moment, it seems like the former...

Ya ikhwaan, prove me wrong!!!

- IqRa -
07-20-2009, 08:21 AM
31 votes of 'yes'..

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-20-2009, 10:31 AM
Perhaps some people feel shy to state how many ayaat they can manage, or which surah/juz they want to start from?

Al Ansari
07-20-2009, 10:57 AM
good idea, but i think it should be segregated?
I favor this also.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-20-2009, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faizah
Perhaps some people feel shy to state how many ayaat they can manage, or which surah/juz they want to start from?
Hmm that may be the case.

I favor this also.
Memorization together, sisters (if they record themselves) will only be heard by a sister.

Muhaba
07-21-2009, 06:15 AM
Well you should definately have one group for Juz Ama as many people probably haven't memorized any Juz so they can start with Juz Ama. Those who have memorized Juz Ama can also join this group in order to revise. I myself would like to join the Juz Ama group because I want to revise it again (although i did revise it a couple of months ago). I want to learn it so well that I never forget any verse/surah ever insha-Allah. I think learning 5 verses / 1 small Surah daily (or three times a week) would be a good start. Those who can memorize more than that should do so as they can revise the already learnt verses the next day.

The verses/surah that ppl memorize should be read in Salah. This will help memorization and also point out which areas need to be revised.

Maybe there should be a poll asking which Juz people want to learn. Those Juz that get over a certain number of votes (for example 15 votes) can also be memorized.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-21-2009, 07:03 PM

37 votes of Yes! Please make your way to the other thread here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/memoriza...next-step.html

2 more votes of no? Do explain your reasoning?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-24-2009, 06:42 PM

We are making progress Alhamdullilah. Please take a look here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/level-1-juz-amma/
http://www.islamicboard.com/level-2-juz-tabarak/
http://www.islamicboard.com/level-3-assorted-suwar/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.