/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Make me Admin....Now! <_<

Re.TiReD
06-30-2009, 02:09 PM
Do I have your attention? =P good...

Somebody [an admin of another new forum] doesnt know how to give other members admin or mod rights...And since I've moderated a VB board b4....I know how its done so I'm supposed to talk this person through it, thing is I'm not mod anymore and I dont remem properly how its done...can any of the admins or mods help me out here? All I know is that you go to your AdminCP and from there you have all the categories....e.g. Admin, Super Moderator, Moderator, Member and banned Member etc and from there you can add people to them categories...am I correct or have I totally lost the plot?

So basically...can somebody talk me through the process insha'Allah? if thats ok

WassalamuAlaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
06-30-2009, 02:35 PM
:bump1:

Please

'Abd al-Baari
06-30-2009, 02:39 PM
:sl:

I'm not entirely sure about this, but there is an easier way I think. If the admin goes into the person's user profile such as > http://www.islamicboard.com/members/hafsah-13799.html then they have an option called 'edit user profile', by clicking on this it will take them into the AdminCP and they can change the members status, i.e admin, mod etc..

:w:

Re.TiReD
06-30-2009, 02:54 PM
JazakAllah Khayr

Why's there no save option :exhausted

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
06-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Arghhhh I'm logged in from the Admins account and I still dont see no save button option thingyy :raging:

Re.TiReD
06-30-2009, 03:25 PM
JazakAllah khayr for reps =P

User Manager is where I'm at right now

And I see this:

Usergroup Options Primary Usergroup (COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation Administrators Banned Users Moderators Registered Users Super Moderators Unregistered / Not Logged In Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Volunteers
Additional Usergroups (COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation
Administrators
Banned Users
Moderators
Super Moderators
Unregistered / Not Logged In
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
Volunteers

Ok that appears all mashed but basically there needs to be a save changes option there but there isnt :enough!: I gives up :exhausted

Layla454
06-30-2009, 03:55 PM
There should surely be some type of help tutorial?

Yanal
07-01-2009, 07:48 AM
In relation can Super Moderator edit forum sections?

Re.TiReD
07-01-2009, 03:49 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

JazakAllah khayr all, I figured it out. Logged in from main admins account and saw that he had restricted the other Admins permissions so I sorted that and now the account is set. What I'm trying to do now is search for users so that I can make them mods etc...thing is they have just registered and not posted...So I need to search their usernames. Former admin has disabled the members list feature, any idea how I can undo that insha'Allah?

WassalamuAlaykum

Re.TiReD
07-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Wahahahah I done it alhamdulillah :D

Was right there under VB options and user listing and profile viewing :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.