/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions

baby_muslimah
06-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Some questions ive had for quite a while, theyre totally random so dont think 'where did that come from?'

Firstly, you know how youre the closest to Allah when in sujud and if you ask for, for example, forgiveness then Allah grants that, do you just think about what youre asking for or do you have to actually say it?

2) When reading the Quran, is it permissible to read quietly when people are around?

3) I know a woman's hijab is covering everything except hands, feet and face. however, if someone had their arms uncovered but had their hair and everything else covered, is that the same as wearing no hijab at all? or wil that person still get rewarded for covering everything else even if not covering arms?

4) When reading the Quran, you know when you come to an ayah when you have to do Sujud. Will someone please explain how to do it and when to do it please? and is it sunnah or wajib?

Finally! Is it haram to look at pictures of the deceased?

Please can you provide daleel with all your answers :) Jazakallah Khairun in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
hrm
07-01-2009, 08:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by baby_muslimah
Some questions ive had for quite a while, theyre totally random so dont think 'where did that come from?'

Firstly, you know how youre the closest to Allah when in sujud and if you ask for, for example, forgiveness then Allah grants that, do you just think about what youre asking for or do you have to actually say it?

2) When reading the Quran, is it permissible to read quietly when people are around?

3) I know a woman's hijab is covering everything except hands, feet and face. however, if someone had their arms uncovered but had their hair and everything else covered, is that the same as wearing no hijab at all? or wil that person still get rewarded for covering everything else even if not covering arms?

4) When reading the Quran, you know when you come to an ayah when you have to do Sujud. Will someone please explain how to do it and when to do it please? and is it sunnah or wajib?

Please can you provide daleel with all your answers :) Jazakallah Khairun in advance.
:sl:
Answers:
1, Thinking is enough. Quran Surah Tagooth " Yalamo ma tusirroona wama taulinoon" Allah knows that which you keep hidden and that which you say loud". But at the same time Allah mentions in Quran Surah Isra vv 110 " ...And do not utter your prayer loud voice nor be silent with regard to it, but follow a way between" Therefor it is preferred that you say the words in such a way that your ears can hear them.
2,Yes, but reading it with good melodious kirat like sheikh Saad Al Gumbdi may not only put serenity in your heart but the heart of those around you. Please make sure if you are a non-arab you read it with understanding.
3, Your answer lies in the first part of your question # 3
4, Doing sajud during Salah if sajood comes in recitation is not proven by the sunnah of prophet s.a.w.On the otherhand, Four (4) islamic schools of thought: hanafi, malaki, Shafi and Hambali have started these sajoods. Amazingly,these imams also do not conform to each other. Some imams would not do sajood , some do. This whole thing comes under Bidah but there are good and bad bidahs. For example, Tarawee is not a sunnah of Rasool Allah s.a.w. or the first Caliph of Islam Hazarat Abu Bakr r.z. but was started by the 2nd Caliph Hazarat Umer r.z. Today millions of muslims around the world are following the sunnah of hazarat Umer when they come out after Iftar in Ramadan to pray Taraweh. In short, If you follow a good bidah, you will get all the reward for it. After all, there is no harm in prostrating yourself before RubulAalameen. It will only benefit you.
5, To answer this final question ask yourself this question " would you start to worship and pray and do sajood to the picture of the person who is dead when you look at it? if you answer is yes, then don't look.
Hope I answer all your questions.
:w:

aadil77
07-01-2009, 09:10 AM
wait wait wait, whats this good bida'h and bad bid'ah? I think someone else should answer the sis as well

Muhaba
07-01-2009, 12:58 PM
There is no surah by the name "Tagooth."

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
07-01-2009, 01:03 PM
I think there is a hadith (something to the effect) that every bida' is straying and every straying is leads to hell.

baby_muslimah
07-01-2009, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hrm
Answers:
1, Thinking is enough. Quran Surah Tagooth " Yalamo ma tusirroona wama taulinoon" Allah knows that which you keep hidden and that which you say loud". But at the same time Allah mentions in Quran Surah Isra vv 110 " ...And do not utter your prayer loud voice nor be silent with regard to it, but follow a way between" Therefor it is preferred that you say the words in such a way that your ears can hear them.
2,Yes, but reading it with good melodious kirat like sheikh Saad Al Gumbdi may not only put serenity in your heart but the heart of those around you. Please make sure if you are a non-arab you read it with understanding.
3, Your answer lies in the first part of your question # 3
4, Doing sajud during Salah if sajood comes in recitation is not proven by the sunnah of prophet s.a.w.On the otherhand, Four (4) islamic schools of thought: hanafi, malaki, Shafi and Hambali have started these sajoods. Amazingly,these imams also do not conform to each other. Some imams would not do sajood , some do. This whole thing comes under Bidah but there are good and bad bidahs. For example, Tarawee is not a sunnah of Rasool Allah s.a.w. or the first Caliph of Islam Hazarat Abu Bakr r.z. but was started by the 2nd Caliph Hazarat Umer r.z. Today millions of muslims around the world are following the sunnah of hazarat Umer when they come out after Iftar in Ramadan to pray Taraweh. In short, If you follow a good bidah, you will get all the reward for it. After all, there is no harm in prostrating yourself before RubulAalameen. It will only benefit you.
5, To answer this final question ask yourself this question " would you start to worship and pray and do sajood to the picture of the person who is dead when you look at it? if you answer is yes, then don't look.
Hope I answer all your questions.
Im sorry but you didnt answer all my questions :S and you've confused me. :X

Beardo
07-01-2009, 04:59 PM

When people are around, better you read quietly so not to disturb them.

Pictures of the deceased: The angels do not enter the rooms where pictures are hung etc. Picturemaking in general is worthy of the hellfire. But it's a controversy...

At the end of the day, it's all about the level of taqwa, not permissibility. Those who are more pious, don't look at pictures. They visit the graveyard, they ponder of this life and how short it is. We spend more time under the ground than we do over. So why bother looking at pictures? These memories fade. You know, sort of like when you are driving on the highway and the mountains, scenery, and all just flash by you.

Hayaa
07-01-2009, 05:29 PM

According to the Hanafi school of thought..

It is Wajib (close to Fardh) to do Sajdah (Tilawat) when you come across a part of the quran, where usually on the side of the page, it says to perform sajdah for a certain ayah.

The method is that you say 'Allahu Akbar' and do sajdah, and while saying 'Allahu Akbar' you don't raise your hands. During Sajdah, you should say 'Subhana Rabbi al 'Aala' at least 3 times. Then, when you raise your head, say 'Allahu Akbar' once again, and inshaAllah, your sajdah is accepted.

Before reading an ayah, where it is wajib to do Sajdah, it's better to recite it softly so that those around you don't hear it; otherwise, it is also wajib for them to do Sajdah, as well, upon hearing.

I translated this from Moulana Mohammed Ashraf Thanwi's urdu version of 'Behishti Zewar'.

Please correct me If I said something wrong.
Jazakallah Khair

hrm
07-01-2009, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
There is no surah by the name "Tagooth."
Sorry I misspelled the surah. Its Tagabun not Tagoot.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah4ever.
It is Wajib (close to Fardh) to do Sajdah (Tilawat) when you come across a part of the quran, where usually on the side of the page, it says to perform sajdah for a certain ayah.

The method is that you say 'Allahu Akbar' and do sajdah, and while saying 'Allahu Akbar' you don't raise your hands. During Sajdah, you should say 'Subhana Rabbi al 'Aala' at least 3 times. Then, when you raise your head, say 'Allahu Akbar' once again, and inshaAllah, your sajdah is accepted.

Before reading an ayah, where it is wajib to do Sajdah, it's better to recite it softly so that those around you don't hear it; otherwise, it is also wajib for them to do Sajdah, as well, upon hearing.

I translated this from Moulana Mohammed Ashraf Thanwi's urdu version of 'Behishti Zewar'.

Please correct me If I said something wrong.
Jazakallah Khair

Moulana Mohammad Ashraf Thanvi present One School of Islamic Thought not all. Behisti Zewar is good but not every one conform to it. Its view of a religious scholor not the saying of rasul Allah s.a.w. and not Quran.
Like I said, all 4 school of thoughts have different opinion on these sajoods and it is not proven by the sunnah of the prophet s.a.w.

format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
I think there is a hadith (something to the effect) that every bida' is straying and every straying is leads to hell.
Yes, you are right. It is an authentic hadith from Abdullah ibn Umer and combined narration of muslim and bukhari. But here is my question " if every bidah is straying and leads to hell then where would you place " Tarawai " in ramadan????? Rasul Allah did not practice it nor taught it to his trusted companion? Yet we muslims in millions offer tarawi every year.
Bidah means innovation or invention in english. Hazarat Umer started this bidah and we are still following it in millions every year.
What about those who stand in Aqama and put their hands on their bellies, some on their chests, some don't even put their hands on their stomach or belly but leave it on their side? Which way is right, which is bidah? who will determine. The list can go on and on and on.
Actually, thats why we have school of thoughts Hanafi, shafi, Malaki and Hambali and the 4 imans have different ways of performing salah and other religious acts. But the most important thing to remember is that all 4 imans intentions are good, they are for the benefit of the muslim ummah. The need remain for each one of us to closely allign our thinking and reason with that of the 4 imans and establish which one is closer to the sunnah of our prophet s.a.w.

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
wait wait wait, whats this good bida'h and bad bid'ah? I think someone else should answer the sis as well
Aadil brother:sl:
please read my post carefully and you will understand what is good bidah. If you need detail narration on what is good or bad bidah, send me an email

Im sorry but you didnt answer all my questions :S and you've confused me. :X
Why are you so confused. What I wrote even a 10 year old baby can understand it. Every question was answered in detail. Some of your questions were answered by yourself. Do I need to explain further? if you need a detail account of these, then go to the closest mosque to your house and ask the imam that you are confused about these questions.

format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
When people are around, better you read quietly so not to disturb them.

Pictures of the deceased: The angels do not enter the rooms where pictures are hung etc. Picturemaking in general is worthy of the hellfire. But it's a controversy...

At the end of the day, it's all about the level of taqwa, not permissibility. Those who are more pious, don't look at pictures. They visit the graveyard, they ponder of this life and how short it is. We spend more time under the ground than we do over. So why bother looking at pictures? These memories fade. You know, sort of like when you are driving on the highway and the mountains, scenery, and all just flash by you.
Ehafiz
Brother I have quoted you above so that I can ask you a question to your statement.
Here is my question:
Please name a hadith of rasul Allah s.a.w. for all us brothers and sisters here where he said that " Angels do not enter the rooms where pictures are hung"
I would really appreciate it and it would add to my knowledge of Islam.

Hayaa
07-01-2009, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hrm
Moulana Mohammad Ashraf Thanvi present One School of Islamic Thought not all. Behisti Zewar is good but not every one conform to it. Its view of a religious scholor not the saying of rasul Allah s.a.w. and not Quran.
Like I said, all 4 school of thoughts have different opinion on these sajoods and it is not proven by the sunnah of the prophet s.a.w.
I forgot to mention that my answer is based on the Hanafi school of thought.

Jazakallah Khair.

hrm
07-02-2009, 06:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah4ever.
I forgot to mention that my answer is based on the Hanafi school of thought.

Jazakallah Khair.

JazakAllah Khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.