/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What support is there for the innate goodness for humanity..

love_quran
06-30-2009, 06:55 PM
...versus the christian view that mankind is naturally carnal minded.

Please give supportive evidence from the Quran and Sunnah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
06-30-2009, 07:05 PM
Hey. There's alot of verses and ahadith.

The main one being that there is no original sin, or no carrying the sins or good deeds of another;
Namely, that no bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another; (Qur'an Najm 53:38)

We see Allah honoring Adam, and through him the human race to the angels and showing the superiority of Adam's knowledge;

Qur'an 2: 30. And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "Verily, I am going to place (mankind) generations after generations on earth." They said: "Will You place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood?, - while we glorify You with praises and thanks and sanctify You." He (Allâh) said: "I know that which you do not know."

And He taught Adam all the names (of everything), then He showed them to the angels and said, "Tell Me the names of these if you are truthful."

32. They (angels) said: "Glory be to You, we have no knowledge except what you have taught us. Verily, it is You, the All-Knower, the All-Wise."

33. He said: "O Adam! Inform them of their names," and when he had informed them of their names, He said: "Did I not tell you that I know the Ghaib (unseen) in the heavens and the earth, and I know what you reveal and what you have been concealing?"

Another is that Allah has preferred mankind over the rest of creation - giving everything on earth to them, with a set purpose, but also with responsibility;

We have honoured the sons of Adam; provided them with transport on land and sea; given them for sustenance things good and pure; and conferred on them special favours, above a great part of our creation. [Qur'an Israa' 17:70]

Another is that we - as humans - are given the responsibility of establishing Allah's laws on earth, and although we are fallible - Allah has honored the human race by actually giving them this responsibility, something which animals cannot achieve.

Those are only a few from the top of my mind yet. :)

- Qatada -
06-30-2009, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -

Another is that Allah has preferred mankind over the rest of creation - giving everything on earth to them, with a set purpose, but also with responsibility;

We have honoured the sons of Adam; provided them with transport on land and sea; given them for sustenance things good and pure; and conferred on them special favours, above a great part of our creation. [Qur'an Israa' 17:70]
Ibn Kathir comments on this verse;
The Honor and noble Nature of Man

Allah tells us how He has honored the sons of Adam and made them noble by creating them in the best and most perfect of forms, as He says:

[لَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الإِنسَـنَ فِى أَحْسَنِ تَقْوِيمٍ ]

(Verily, We created man in the best stature (mould).) (95:4) He walks upright on his two feet and eats with his hand, whilet other living creatures walk on four feet and eat with their mouths, and He has given him hearing, sight and a heart with which to understand all of that, to benefit from it, and distinguish between things to know which are good for him and which are harmful, in both worldly and religious terms.

[وَحَمَلْنَـهُمْ فِى الْبَرِّ]

(and We have carried them on land) means, on animals such as cattle, horses and mules, and also on the sea in ships and boats, great and small.

[وَرَزَقْنَاهُمْ مِّنَ الطَّيِّبَاتِ]

(and have provided them with At-Tayyibat,) meaning agricultural produce, fruits, meat, and milk with all kinds of delicious and desirable flavors and colors and beautiful appearance, and fine clothes of all kinds of shapes colors and sizes, which they make for themselves or are brought to them by others from other regions and areas.

[وَفَضَّلْنَـهُمْ عَلَى كَثِيرٍ مِّمَّنْ خَلَقْنَا تَفْضِيلاً]

(and have preferred them above many of those whom We have created with a marked preferment. ) means, over all living beings and other kinds of creation. This Ayah indicates that human are also preferred over the angels.

[يَوْمَ نَدْعُواْ كُلَّ أُنَاسٍ بِإِمَـمِهِمْ فَمَنْ أُوتِىَ كِتَـبَهُ بِيَمِينِهِ فَأُوْلَـئِكَ يَقْرَءُونَ كِتَـبَهُمْ وَلاَ يُظْلَمُونَ فَتِيلاً - وَمَن كَانَ فِى هَـذِهِ أَعْمَى فَهُوَ فِى الاٌّخِرَةِ أَعْمَى وَأَضَلُّ سَبِيلاً ]

(71. (And remember) the Day when We shall call together all human beings with their (respective) Imam (i.e. the Book of deeds). So whosoever is given his record in his right hand, such will read their records, and they will not be dealt with unjustly in the least.) (72. And whoever is blind in this [world] then he will be blind in the Hereafter, and most astray from the path.)

http://tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=17&tid=29401

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.