/* */

PDA

View Full Version : humans are imperfect...right?

anonymous
06-30-2009, 08:29 PM
assalamu aleykum

i need some reassurance that humans are imperfect

there's this sin i keep committing time and time over and over and i hate myself for it i really sometimes get very angry with myself.. but i think to myself humans are imperfect.. how can i expect to be perfect/free from sin?

but i can never convince myself

i need some reassurance please...just anythiung that'l help.. maybe about Allah's forgiveness aswell? please i just need reassurance, understand my need please brothers and sisters

thank you in advance,

your brother in need,
your brother in Islam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Banu_Hashim
06-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Humans commit sin because the father of mankind Aadam (alayhis Salaam) committed a sin, and likewise we forget because he forgot. There's no shame in being human. What is important is that you repent, and have the feeling of wanting to change. Do you genuinely want to change your situation and become a better person, a better Muslim? Make the intention today, and try your absolute best to not do this sin. It will be hard at first, but keep persevering and Allah will make it easy for you. Never underestimate the importance of repentance. But don't make it a habit of sinning and repenting, in a never ending cycle. There's no benefit in that. Hope all goes well,

Your brother in Islam.

anonymous
06-30-2009, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
Humans commit sin because the father of mankind Aadam (alayhis Salaam) committed a sin, and likewise we forget because he forgot. There's no shame in being human. What is important is that you repent, and have the feeling of wanting to change. Do you genuinely want to change your situation and become a better person, a better Muslim? Make the intention today, and try your absolute best to not do this sin. It will be hard at first, but keep persevering and Allah will make it easy for you. Never underestimate the importance of repentance. But don't make it a habit of sinning and repenting, in a never ending cycle. There's no benefit in that. Hope all goes well,

Your brother in Islam.
Banu Hashim,

thank you for your response.

i forgot to mention that i have in the past, alhamdulillah wa ma sha' Allah, repented and even now ma sha' Allah wa alhamdulillah have the intention to change .. i really want to get off this sinning it is driving me crazy and sometimes the thought creeps to my head well.. what if Allah will become angry as it will seem i'm lying astaghfirullah

it is quite a small sin but allahu a'lim bt the thing is it leads to worse sins like not praying

but does anybody ever keep up prayers all the time?

my Lord is immense in forgiveness but i feel like i'm betraying him!! astaghfirullah

but humans are imperfect right?

your brother in need,
your brother in Islam.

AnonymousPoster
06-30-2009, 09:02 PM
:salamext:

On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) say: Allah the Almighty said:

O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.

It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal). Its chain of authorities is sound.

On the authority of Abu Dharr al-Ghifari (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (PBUH) is that among the sayings he relates from his Lord (may He be glorified) is that He said:

O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another. O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you, O My servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so seek food of Me and I shall feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so seek clothing of Me and I shall clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you. O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and will not attain benefitting Me so as to benefit Me. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more that a needle decreases the sea if put into it. O My servants, it is but your deeds that I reckon up for you and then recompense you for, so let him finds good praise Allah and let him who finds other that blame no one but himself.

It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah).

On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (PBUH) said: Allah the Almighty said:

I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

(1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: "I am as My servant expects Me to be". The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is forgiving and merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be to mock the Almighty.

It was related by al-Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah)

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (PBUH), from among the things he reports from his Lord (mighty and sublime be He), is that he said:

A servant [of Allah's] committed a sin and said: O Allah, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish, for I have forgiven you.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Banu_Hashim
06-30-2009, 09:21 PM
It seems you have a fear of Allah in you which is very good. All the sahaba feared Allah; there's a hadith where Abu Bakr (radhi Allahu anhu) was speaking to another sahabi and he mentioned a bad word to him in anger I think, and he immediatly asked that sahaba to retaliate but replying the insult back to him, butthat sahabi did not, out of fear of Allah. This a rough translation of the hadith, but my point is, even the pious make mistakes.

Your intention is there. And I can see, you're going to try your best to put right the minor sin, insha'Allah. :)

anonymous
07-02-2009, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
:salamext:

On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) say: Allah the Almighty said:

O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.

It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal). Its chain of authorities is sound.
On the authority of Abu Dharr al-Ghifari (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (PBUH) is that among the sayings he relates from his Lord (may He be glorified) is that He said:

O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another. O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you, O My servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so seek food of Me and I shall feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so seek clothing of Me and I shall clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you. O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and will not attain benefitting Me so as to benefit Me. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more that a needle decreases the sea if put into it. O My servants, it is but your deeds that I reckon up for you and then recompense you for, so let him finds good praise Allah and let him who finds other that blame no one but himself.

It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah).

On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (PBUH) said: Allah the Almighty said:

I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

(1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: "I am as My servant expects Me to be". The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is forgiving and merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be to mock the Almighty.

It was related by al-Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah)

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (PBUH), from among the things he reports from his Lord (mighty and sublime be He), is that he said:

A servant [of Allah's] committed a sin and said: O Allah, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish, for I have forgiven you.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari).
thanks very much

format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
It seems you have a fear of Allah in you which is very good. All the sahaba feared Allah; there's a hadith where Abu Bakr (radhi Allahu anhu) was speaking to another sahabi and he mentioned a bad word to him in anger I think, and he immediatly asked that sahaba to retaliate but replying the insult back to him, butthat sahabi did not, out of fear of Allah. This a rough translation of the hadith, but my point is, even the pious make mistakes.

Your intention is there. And I can see, you're going to try your best to put right the minor sin, insha'Allah. :)
insha'Allah akhi

thank you very much

with peace,
your brother in Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.