/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Defenseless Palestinians Seek Justice! - By Dr. Abdul Ruff Colachal

abdulruff
07-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Defenseless Palestinians Seek Justice!
- By Dr. Abdul Ruff Colachal

[786* I dedicate all my journalistic, research writings to the memory of my grandmother Mohammad Meera Umma, who taught me alphabets and numerical first and primarily responsible for my school and college studies].

US-led West so far has offered all sorts of support to fascist Israel in its genocides and destructions in Palestine while they criticize lack of democracy in Islamic world and conquer them one by one to effect “regime change”. By reigning in the protection of the powerful western powers, Israel goes on rampage in Palestine and terrorizes the Arab world. The crudely pathetic existence of defenseless Palestinians doesn’t even have the global media support because the media hawks support only USA, Europe and their terror allies while calling the Palestinians the “terrorists”. Israel has enjoyed rather too much in its genocide drives and reaped benefits from both the US-led terror wars in Islamic world and the existing Sunni-Shia’ rifts by the madly crazy Muslim nations.

Palestinians have been experiencing pathetic existence controlled effectively by the Zionist regime, but the US-led western ‘democracies” don’t consider them as humans and add more deadly weapons to Israel’s arms depots to terrorize and kill them in a sustained manner. Fascist Israel is keen to expand its territories by pushing the Palestinians from their lands. The ICRC (International Committee of the Red Cross) has described the 1.5 million Palestinians living in Gaza as people "trapped in despair" on account of the continuing Israeli blockade. The report comes six months after the end of Israel's military offensive in Gaza in which Israel says at least 1,100 Palestinians died, while Palestine says thousands including women, children and old people. USA and other ‘democratic nations are yet to condemn the Israeli fascist drive for effecting holocaust in Palestine. Just by calling the Palestinians the Zionist regime is hiding behind the USA and its global terror allies. Israel, a coalition partner in US-led global terrorist states invading Islamic nations and killing innocent Muslims. Fluff that Palestinians are also terrorists.

The ICRC statement comes as a UN Human Rights Council inquiry into alleged war crimes in Gaza and southern Israel holds public hearings in Gaza City. Israel has refused to allow the investigators onto its territory and has accused the mission of bias against it. But the UN, UNSC, USA, EU and others have not come out strongly against Israeli state terrorism and torture. Poverty in Gaza is at an "alarming" level. The poorest residents in particular have exhausted their coping mechanisms and often have to sell off their belongings to be able to buy enough to eat. Worst affected are the children, who make up more than half of Gaza's population.

Israel comprises militants and terrorists but it wants to make the defenseless Palestinians also militants. Palestinians are denied even the minimum facilities by occupying Zionist regime. The Red Cross says that the people of Gaza are unable to rebuild their lives and are sliding ever deeper into despair. There is no cement or steel to reconstruct neighborhoods hit by Israeli strikes. Ruled now by a militant rogue, Israel thinks its interests are well protected by USA and allies and says the offensive by the Olmert regime was aimed at curbing the Mossad supplied toy rockets sent into southern Israel by Palestinian “militants”. Residents lack basics such as shelter and medical care. Seriously ill patients are not receiving the treatment they need. The water supply is patchy, sanitation on the point of collapse.

The crisis is directly linked to Israel's tight closure of the crossing points into Gaza after the Islamist Hamas movement took power there two years ago. But The Israeli prime minister, a usual, blames the so-called “terrorists” for what his terror military has done in Palestine, saying Hamas is primarily responsible for the hardship of Gaza's civilian population. PLO is yet to get any message form the donors who have pledged $4.5 billion for reconstruction and rehabilitation in Gaza following the 22-day offensive which left more than 50,000 homes, 800 industrial properties and 200 schools damaged or destroyed, as well as 39 mosques and two churches.

Palestinians are trapped from all sides and they are a nation under virtual siege. Egypt has opened its Rafah border crossing with the Gaza Strip for three days, allowing some Palestinians to leave the blockaded territory. About 400 people were able to cross into Egypt, with priority given to officials attending the latest round of Palestinian unity talks in Cairo, students, and Palestinians needing urgent medical treatment. On the Egyptian side, 700 people and 10 trucks with medical aid from Arab countries waited to enter. Gaza has been blockaded by Israel, and much of the time by Egypt, for two years since Hamas took control there. But the UNRWA (the UN agency for Palestinian refugees) said the opening would not help the reconstruction of Gaza nor would it mitigate the sufferings of Gazans.

Cairo is continuing to play a significant diplomatic role, including acting as a go-between for Israel and Hamas. Despite considerable criticism in the Arab world, the Egyptian government has kept Rafah largely shut since the Hamas takeover of Gaza in June 2007, insisting that the authority of President Abbas be restored. Israel punishing Palestinians in a collective manner without any real crime though Jews have occupied the Palestinian lands. Senior Hamas leader and Hamas premier Ismail Haniya and made a surprise visit to the crossing and expressed hope for a "complete" re-opening.

Meanwhile, even as Obama has pressed Israel to halt settlement activity as part of a bid to revive peace talks under which the Palestinians would gain statehood, Israel's Defense Ministry approved construction of 50 new homes at a West Bank settlement as part of a new plan for 1,450 housing units, an expansion that defies a U.S. call for a settlement freeze. News of the planned building work emerged hours before Defense Minister Ehud Barak was due to travel to the United States for talks aimed at narrowing a rift with Washington over the settlement issue. Some 2,500 settlement homes are currently under construction in the West Bank. Some 500,000 Israelis live in the West Bank and Arab East Jerusalem, territory Israel captured in a 1967 war. Palestinians say settlements, deemed illegal by the World Court, could deny them a viable and contiguous state. In the West Bank city of Ramallah, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas reiterated his refusal to resume negotiations with Israel until it froze settlement. Israel does not seem to give up its expansionist policies.

It is exactly six months since the start of Israel's military offensive in Gaza, and relations with the Palestinian Islamists of Hamas remain extremely tense. Israel insists the Palestinians do exactly what the Zionist regime and its local agents instruct and now they want the release of one of Israel state terrorists Gilad Shalit and Palestine should recognize Israel as the legitimate owner of Palestinian lands. Israel does not talk about Palestinian refugees being tortured in Israel, because it considers its prerogative to kill and torture any Palestinian any where. Unless President Obama takes his arguments further to make Israel reconcile with the emerging reality the conditions of Palestinians would continue to deteriorate and collapse. Every US president did a lot of talking, but now the international community expects proper and quick action on behalf of a committed Obama to make establishment of Palestine state a reality in a year. At long last!
-----------------------
Dr. Abdul Ruff Colachal
Independent Researcher in International Affairs, The only Indian to have gone through entire India, a fraud and terror nation in South Asia.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
KAding
07-02-2009, 09:22 AM
This commentary reminds me of a PhD study from North Korea I read recently. It was titled, "Korean War: How the evil US imperialists started the war" and was published at Pyongyang University :D.

I had the feeling when reading it that it could really benefit from using a somewhat more objective and less charged and ..ehm.. propagandist vocabulary! I have the same feeling now.

GreyKode
07-02-2009, 10:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
This commentary reminds me of a PhD study from North Korea I read recently. It was titled, "Korean War: How the evil US imperialists started the war" and was published at Pyongyang University :D.

I had the feeling when reading it that it could really benefit from using a somewhat more objective and less charged and ..ehm.. propagandist vocabulary! I have the same feeling now.
So your objection is mainly to the vocabulary?(In both documentaries)

KAding
07-02-2009, 12:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GreyKode
So your objection is mainly to the vocabulary?(In both documentaries)
I also disagree with much that is said, but that can also happen when I read commentaries that don't use such charged language. Of course, there are legitimate points being made even in this particular commentary. But they get drowned out by the style IMHO. That is exactly my point. This is written for the choir, so to speak.

Say I write a charged commentary.

Outnumbered Israelis seek security

Israel once again is under threat. Islamo-fascists decent on it from all sides and threaten its destruction. They are determined to push every last Jew into the sea. Hundreds of millions of Arabs want nothing less than reclaim what they consider their land, their Islamic land. To them, it is nothing but one more stop in their quest for global Islamic domination. They want nothing less than to subvert innocent non-Muslims and will fight any of them that fail to submit. Forces like Hamas and the PLO are supported by terrorist oppressive regimes, like those in Syria and Iran. Israel needs to defend itself against these Islamo-facists forces and needs the support of the whole non-Muslim world. For that we need to support its endeavor to create a strategic buffer.
Of course you will not take it seriously. You will just roll your eyes I presume. Well, that is exactly the feeling I get from this original article.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.