/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Username Colours?

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 11:56 AM
AssalamuAlaykum

Its no big deal. Its not as if I'm force-feeding you all shutki and telling you I'll flush your pet rabbit down the loo if you dont comply. Its just a colour. So what if I wanna be pink? <_<

But on the other hand, you have every right to be a hater and to be a true LI oldtimer and insist that things stay the way they are.

But sometimes, change is good :D

And if you just logged in and dont know what this thread is about, I'm basically asking what people think about being allowed to have the option to choose whether they associate themselves with the brother or sisters group rather than the default group and have their names pink or green.

What ya finkin? :popcorn:

WassalamuAlaykum

P.S Public vote so I can rep the haters :D (messin :p)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
07-02-2009, 12:00 PM
lol what kind of a biased poll is this? it should be yay or nay

and it should be public

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Ok I had my two seconds of fame, can I divert ya'alls attention to this rather interesting thread please: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...e-give-up.html

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Mhmm....I'm sorry I was messing which is why I didnt make the poll serious. I didnt think anybody would actually consider it properly. Even if it is just you =P

But I agree, v shud all be pinked out. Its easier, speshully when some sisters have ambiguous names and dont display their gender. Thats a lame argument but ima try it anyway

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 12:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk

PLUS.... I am against the recently tested pink color. It's too bright for the normal members. As Alpha said ppl will confuse them with the staff, as generally the bright colors are reserved for the staff :ermm:
I beg to differ akhee, its a colour and people will get used to it. Add that to the usertitle thingy

that Alpha said we cud change, and ppl will add 2 and 2 together and make 4. They'll realise its a colour reserved for the sisters

The Ruler
07-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Why not grey?

- IqRa -
07-02-2009, 12:16 PM
But what if sisters do not want pink? You will force them to have it if the votes are more in favour of changing? =S

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
But what if sisters do not want pink? You will force them to have it if the votes are more in favour of changing? =S
Course not. We'll just give you an option, pink or bogey green.

Actually, that might not be such a good idea.

Ah well *sigh*

The Ruler
07-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Green is a good color. It's the color of the earth. Don't insult it.

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 12:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
Mmhmm.

Bogey green is a good colour too. No dissing.

The Ruler
07-02-2009, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hafsah
Mmhmm.

Bogey green is a good colour too. No dissing.
But that's not the color of our userbar. It's more of a earth green color.

Silver Pearl
07-02-2009, 12:30 PM
The last time I stood up for colour change it resulted in the Mods becoming Orange. So I think for the sanity of everyone we should continue being green. Viva la Verde!

zAk, don't you have people to ban, spellings to check to care about colour change?! o_O

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 12:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl
The last time I stood up for colour change it resulted in the Mods becoming Orange. So I think for the sanity of everyone we should continue being green. Viva la Verde!

zAk, don't you have people to ban, spellings to check to care about colour change?! o_O
Pink and Orange. Flowers and Oranges. I prefer the former <_<

How can you even talk about the two colours in the same sentence? <_<

Lol you know what, I dont care. I've exhausted my brain out for today. I think we all have bigger fish to fry.

Wassalam

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 12:36 PM

As long as its documented :D

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Hmm.

Just let me be a pink for the day.

I wish things were simple, and that somebody would help me out with my little dilemma that is the thread rotting away in the general section

Al-Zaara
07-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Shurrup Fishy. Now you took it once step too far. PINK! *faints* Bist du von allen guten Geistern verlassen?! (trans. lit. Have all the good spirits left you?) :raging:

format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
Exactly, hear the Ruler speak.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-02-2009, 01:31 PM
If you change it to grey, it'll become even more dull. So please no more dullness than it already is :exhausted Oops did I say that out loud :/

:skeleton:

Güven
07-02-2009, 01:34 PM
You guys think it's dull because you have gotten used to it.

Green is a beautiful colour. :statisfie

Pk_#2
07-02-2009, 01:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
You guys think it's dull because you have gotten used to it.

Green is a beautiful colour. :statisfie
Then u be green! I wna be any colour bt green, its boring now =D PinK sound ari i wna b blu dou :statisfie

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-02-2009, 01:40 PM
I've been here longer than you Guven lol. It's better than grey.
I guess tho just some ppl do not like green. No big.

Mysterious Uk
07-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Doesn't matter to me.. although pink might just confuse people like me.. i'd log on and be like:
"oh wow my username is pink.. my status must have changed, i must be some kind of boss lady or sumthing. But why wasn't i told?.. oh hang on, pink just means i'm a girl".imsad

- IqRa -
07-02-2009, 01:41 PM
SubhanAllah, don't you think we should be concerned about what is is the forum, rather than how it looks?

~Raindrop~
07-02-2009, 02:38 PM
lol wAk do you always have to make a statement? brightens up my short returns though. :)

- IqRa -
07-02-2009, 02:47 PM
I'm talking english, brother zAk.

Mujahidah4Allah
07-02-2009, 03:54 PM
:sl:

like the green...pinks too bright.. and too girly... :X

wa/salam

ژاله
07-02-2009, 04:13 PM
^lol zAk,;Dfrom where have you got that funny picture?this is the second time today i have seen you posting this.whos the dude btw?i guess some old indian or pakistani film actor,is that true?and lol @that vat you talking,sounds so stupid:D

Mujahidah4Allah
07-02-2009, 04:17 PM
^ zak decided to post a pic of himself... now to be on topic i wouldnt mind purple but you want that for the dudes and i wouldnt want to be with the dudes... :-\

wa/salam

Ansariyah
07-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Too girly wirly...
but u can have a pink avatar.

ژاله
07-02-2009, 04:28 PM
i love green...plz leave it the way it is :cry:

Hayaa
07-02-2009, 04:36 PM
i'm probably wrong.. but it looks like Pakistan's former pres. :D

crayon
07-02-2009, 05:33 PM
I think it's a nice idea. Just not pink. Anything but pink.:><:

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-02-2009, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
I refuse to vote as there is no option for what I feel could be done.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's best to leave it as it is.

But if it must be changed, then: pink for all sisters that are part of the sisters section with

changed to Li sister or something and likewise for brothers, except the colour blue or purple.
No, thank you! I don't want the colour pink forced on me, and neither would a lot of sisters. I voted for the first option, because I love sister Hafsah for the sake of Allaah... and if this makes her happy, it really isn't a big deal, so why not?

Yanal
07-02-2009, 05:36 PM
I voted for the first one only for the reps:X

That was like me saying "make me a mod for a day" but I got over it and so will you..I think...

crayon
07-02-2009, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faizah
I voted for the first option, because I love sister Hafsah for the sake of Allaah... and if this makes her happy, it really isn't a big deal, so why not?
Aw wait, now that makes me feel all guilty..:-[

I guess it is just a minor detail, don't really mind. I won't be pink anyway, right?

Yanal
07-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Guven if you like green,then come back to the members team.

I agree^ Alpha

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Why dont you guys(mods) take green and give us blue lol. :/

Na7lah
07-02-2009, 06:23 PM
how about just leaving it the way it is :><:

Najm
07-02-2009, 07:21 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

:statisfie This colour for brothers, and this colour for sisters.:statisfie

This thing is sometimes you cant tell who someone is (gender)

FiAmaaniAllah

Na7lah
07-02-2009, 07:22 PM
the brothers color is too similar to the super mods ^

جوري
07-02-2009, 07:31 PM
cockroach is a color shux now I wish I hadn't voted, I feel all ashamed and not tingly inside...

Green is my favorite color and my most loathsome too.. I love the deepest shades and I hate the lighter shades...

Layla454
07-02-2009, 07:42 PM
I think we should leave it the way it is :nervous:

alcurad
07-02-2009, 07:44 PM
second all, green is fine, and pink is not girly,anyway 'twas for the lulz mostly, otherwise let everyone have their own color.

green is cool, every true LIer should-lol @ lier-be proud of it.

Beardo
07-02-2009, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hafsah
AssalamuAlaykum

Its no big deal. Its not as if I'm force-feeding you all shutki and telling you I'll flush your pet rabbit down the loo if you dont comply. Its just a colour. So what if I wanna be pink? <_<

But on the other hand, you have every right to be a hater and to be a true LI oldtimer and insist that things stay the way they are.

But sometimes, change is good :D

And if you just logged in and dont know what this thread is about, I'm basically asking what people think about being allowed to have the option to choose whether they associate themselves with the brother or sisters group rather than the default group and have their names pink or green.

What ya finkin? :popcorn:

WassalamuAlaykum

P.S Public vote so I can rep the haters :D (messin :p)
What is this??? When I first joined the forum last month, everyone said "no change! no change!" And now this member says "Change Change!" and everyone is accepting. :exhausted

Al-Zaara
07-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Very few if any are accepting it, are you not reading the posts?

Intisar
07-02-2009, 09:39 PM
No, thank you! I don't want the colour pink forced on me, and neither would a lot of sisters. I voted for the first option, because I love sister Hafsah for the sake of Allaah... and if this makes her happy, it really isn't a big deal, so why not?
Me too. :p

But at the same time, I feel like if it's going to be allowed then the colour should be voted on. Mainly because a lot of the sisters here don't want pink, ironically. :><:

Yanal
07-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Things change as time goes bye. We were all to shocked when you were made an admin without a warning,it was to much for our pea-nut size brains to handle and we possibly were not thinking properly when you did ask us. The results are really close by as you can see before we make a decision we must have a clear majority but as if right now they are to close to make a hasty decision. I say we should wait 2-3 days until all members think throughly and decide what they should do. If we make a hasty decision,some members might complain and all the hard work of admins will be vanished. Remember most people only look for bad effects and not the good when as muslims it should be the opposite. We should have a more clear poll,showing which colors. I know some forums which have different usercolors depending on gender and the legend explains it,I think if we have a change people would not be confused because we do have a legend to explain it. Thats what legends are for,right? But first let's not jump into conclusions let's vote first and see insh'Allah.

aadil77
07-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Everyone vote 'nay' and you will get....something! brap!

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk

Falooda with ice cream :popcorn:

Aii haii puttar, uhibuki fisabilillah :wub:

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
I voted for the first one only for the reps:X

That was like me saying "make me a mod for a day" but I got over it and so will you..I think...
Reps coming your way

format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
What is this??? When I first joined the forum last month, everyone said "no change! no change!" And now this member says "Change Change!" and everyone is accepting. :exhausted
Change is good. I think a lot of us are resistant to change but we've gotten used to the ones we cant help e.g. when the VB version was updated, new mods, all the other changes....

I just wanna add, its probably going to be ignored but keeping the masses happy is important. Asserting authority is too =P when you first became admin you seemed to try hard not to step on anybodies toes and get ppl angry or annoyed. Who cares, do what u think is best insha'Allah.. [and this is my attempt at saying: A belated welcome bro, I didnt mean it when I said you're a lousy admin that day :$]

WassalamuAlaykum

P.S I has a proposal, how about we just close this thread?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.